Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb! kind of looks like Kim Davis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

FourLeaf posted:

Now Jeb!'s wearing a dress? With the comic progressing like this, I fully expect the next one to be Trump loving Jeb! in the rear end.

What a man!

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's the best thing ever.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Christ, those poor children. They don't stand a chance of turning out normal.

Cruz really is the most unlikable candidate. And in this clown car, that's saying something.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FourLeaf posted:

Now Jeb!'s wearing a dress? With the comic progressing like this, I fully expect the next one to be Trump loving Jeb! in the rear end.

:heysexy:

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Michael Corleone posted:

Gotta start letting Russia do what they want now so that they will play ball with us when Trump annexes Mexico and Canada. Speaking of that, is there any Trump dystopian future fanfic out there?

Yes

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Squalid posted:

After NH a bunch of third tier candidates are going to drop out and Trump's low favorability numbers make it more likely their supporters will consolidate around whatever establishment candidate performed best. 35% of the vote is okay for the first few primaries but to win the whole thing you really want 50%+, doubly so for Trump as he is likely to get screwed at the convention. In 1992 Bill Clinton lost the first four primaries but still ended up winning 51% of all votes.

Trump doesn't have good favorability numbers, but they're not terrible either. Actually better than El Jebe and a few of the others.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Pro-tier trolling from the Guardian this morning:

Bush seeks to insult his way to the presidency, calling Trump a 'jerk'

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Squalid posted:

After NH a bunch of third tier candidates are going to drop out and Trump's low favorability numbers make it more likely their supporters will consolidate around whatever establishment candidate performed best. 35% of the vote is okay for the first few primaries but to win the whole thing you really want 50%+, doubly so for Trump as he is likely to get screwed at the convention. In 1992 Bill Clinton lost the first four primaries but still ended up winning 51% of all votes.

Also, Bill won because the first four primaries were won by 4 different people, Iowa was ignored by everyone not from there, the two following NH were Maine and South Dakota ie nobody cared about them either, and most of the South was packed into a 3 day stretch in early March right afterwards. Trump cannot lose a single early primary but also won't be facing a situation where all the other clowns split the vote for very long - by Nevada at the latest the field will be down to him and 2-3 other viable campaigns, probably exactly 1 by Super Tuesday as the establishment puts enormous pressure on everyone not named Trump Slayer to drop out.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
From the last page, but some of you guys apparently aren't aware that Carson has been promoting "These Hands" as a kind of cult-like thing for his followers to do

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

I saw an interesting argument the other day that Trump's fans have been following him long enough that there's a momentum there in itself; deserting him now would be admitting that they were wrong, and so they won't.

Is it true? I doubt it, but if Trump keeps going after losing Iowa, expect to see that reasoning appear again.

I also really doubt this. It's easy enough to say 'I like Trump, but this other guy is also a good candidate' or 'I like Trump but I can't be bothered to go vote' or just edge away over a few weeks and then slowly edit this into never having liked Trump in a serious way in your internal narrative.

Bad luck if you were caught on camera with a MAGA hat and a placard though.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

These Hands have no clue where to go in pictures

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Xenophon posted:

From the last page, but some of you guys apparently aren't aware that Carson has been promoting "These Hands" as a kind of cult-like thing for his followers to do

New campaign song then! BC you old punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qohLlmTpwFM

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

joeburz posted:

There was some discussion of this earlier, surgeons acquire weird habits with their hands because of the sterility requirements while operating. Can't exactly swing them around naturally or you might touch something.

Don't know how to account for Merkel's rhombus though.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Dec 20, 2015

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

joeburz posted:

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Trump KILLING it on George Stephanopoulos this morning.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Oh my god that face. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. Reminder: the dude (and the stupid, stupid, stupid shutdown) cost the economy billions and seriously impacted GDP for that quarter. And he's making jokes about it.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Shageletic posted:

Oh my god that face. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. Reminder: the dude (and the stupid, stupid, stupid shutdown) cost the economy billions and seriously impacted GDP for that quarter. And he's making jokes about it.

How dare you. The shutdown was necessary and worthwhile to send a message and then relent a couple weeks later with absolutely no concessions from the opposition party.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Xenophon posted:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Can that picture be a probation reason, finally? It's not loving funny, whether you think it's a meme or not.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

How dare you. The shutdown was necessary and worthwhile to send a message and then relent a couple weeks later with absolutely no concessions from the opposition party.

Not true! Mitch McConnell got them to add $2b in funding for an Ohio River locks project in the bill that opened the government back up. Concessions!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

mike12345 posted:

Can that picture be a probation reason, finally? It's not loving funny, whether you think it's a meme or not.

wow, rude

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0Th70moeuc

SNL did the Republican debate. It's now 'comedy fact' that Jeb is a giant pussy.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Montasque posted:

SNL did the Republican debate. It's now 'comedy fact' that Jeb is a giant pussy.

The real debate was far funnier :/

Like seriously, they're just quoting the debate pretty much verbatim and through lovely caricatures.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

There was some discussion of this earlier, surgeons acquire weird habits with their hands because of the sterility requirements while operating. Can't exactly swing them around naturally or you might touch something.

Don't know how to account for Merkel's rhombus though.

i understand where it comes from, however its still weird as gently caress because plenty of OR staff and surgeons are capable of not being awkward hand people in public

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Thump! posted:

The real debate was far funnier :/

Like seriously, they're just quoting the debate pretty much verbatim and through lovely caricatures.

SNL is terrible. This is a fact.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Montasque posted:

Pretty good.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
"Jeb Bush is an embarrassment to himself and to his family"

- Donald Trump just now on Meet the Press

The SNL skit last night was hilarious, and yet real Donald Trump is somehow taking an even bigger dump on Real JEB! today. LOL.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

mike12345 posted:

In this context it is actually hilarious and you have a poor sense of humor.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

mike12345 posted:

shut the gently caress up you little bitch

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
did somebody mention hands

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTvwaE0L6lg

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ben "Mr. Hands" Carson

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Will the GOP Mount a Third-Party Challenge to Trump?

I woke up this morning to the Establishment threatening to run third party.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Best suggestion in the twitter thread is UPDOG

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Lemon Party

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The Justice League of America, duh

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Montasque posted:

Will the GOP Mount a Third-Party Challenge to Trump?

I woke up this morning to the Establishment threatening to run third party.

There are rumors that the GOP establishment might also go the brokered convention route to stump the Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Immortan posted:

twitter default pic lmao

palm tats hurt like hell, this really shows his toughness and ability to play hardball as commander in chief. a wise political move from the doctor.

Chrpno posted:

New campaign song then! BC you old punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qohLlmTpwFM

i was thinking more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfsS3pIDBfw

• Locked thread