Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

He's not wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Phlegmish posted:

He's not wrong.

:agreed:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

Didn't get to watch Trump's poo poo show today but here's the highlight reel thanks to Jenna Johnson from the Washington Post:

- 1,200 people today in Grand Rapids.
- Dissed Jeb for low energy, low poll numbers.
- Thinks his opponents are jealous of his Putin love. Wants to work with Russia to knock out ISIS.
- Trump insulted the NYT's for dissing his Iowa ground game. Says the full power of his ground game will be on display on Feb1st
- Called the Des Moines Register STUPID and said they are biased, and their poll is garbage.
- Said Ted Cruz is nice, but copies him.
- Trump ended with defending Bernie vs Hillary. He says Hillary is a snake... with no energy.
- He exited to "It's the Most Wonderful Time Of the Year"

i dont get why he wants to suck putins dick so much. maybe shithead kinship and he is dumb enough to think putin is fighting ISIS instead of killing rebels to keep assad from being murdered. then again trump seems ok with assad because he kills browns.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Pohl posted:

Trump has already called Iowa voters losers.
When he loses Iowa, it will just be, "see, I told you they were losers", and no on will care.

interesting take my man

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont get why he wants to suck putins dick so much. maybe shithead kinship and he is dumb enough to think putin is fighting ISIS instead of killing rebels to keep assad from being murdered. then again trump seems ok with assad because he kills browns.

Putin runs his country as they wish the US was, they of course assume they would be one of the elect.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I don't see how Trump comes in anything other than 1st or a close 2nd in Iowa, and he's got a double digit lead in NH, SC and Nevada. If he comes in a close 2nd in Iowa, which is very likely, I can't see that Ted Cruz bump being enough to cause him to lose the next 3 primaries. And if that happens, then call it a day and embrace Trump V Clinton in the general.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Powered Descent posted:

Also, the very first look that many voters ever got of him (his introduction at the first debate) was, literally, this:

This is so beautiful.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

uncurable mlady posted:

isn't trump's entire shtick based on him being a winner? he's dead in the water if he doesn't finish first. people hate a loser.

I saw an interesting argument the other day that Trump's fans have been following him long enough that there's a momentum there in itself; deserting him now would be admitting that they were wrong, and so they won't.

Is it true? I doubt it, but if Trump keeps going after losing Iowa, expect to see that reasoning appear again.

Joementum posted:

Probably, but it's not like he's running a significantly better campaign in the other primary states. If Trump fails to win Iowa it's because his campaign isn't really a new, unknown force in politics and the general rules that govern how these things work are still in place, which means he's also going to lose in NH and SC and everywhere else.

I'd be shocked if Trump wins Iowa, but if he manages a close showing, I think he's got a pretty good shot at NH.

Jewel Repetition posted:

It really seems like you have blinders on regarding Rubio, and have for a while now.

The weird thing about Rubio is that he seems like a really solid candidate right until he opens his mouth. His campaign has been doing a wonderful job keeping him from doing that, for the most part, but I'm pretty sure you can't win a campaign that way.

He started out as a Tea Party man, but people wanted to think that he'd 'grown out of it' into a proper 'establishment candidate', probably for the sake of The Narrative. He hasn't!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

I don't see how Trump comes in anything other than 1st or a close 2nd in Iowa, and he's got a double digit lead in NH, SC and Nevada. If he comes in a close 2nd in Iowa, which is very likely, I can't see that Ted Cruz bump being enough to cause him to lose the next 3 primaries. And if that happens, then call it a day and embrace Trump V Clinton in the general.

After NH a bunch of third tier candidates are going to drop out and Trump's low favorability numbers make it more likely their supporters will consolidate around whatever establishment candidate performed best. 35% of the vote is okay for the first few primaries but to win the whole thing you really want 50%+, doubly so for Trump as he is likely to get screwed at the convention. In 1992 Bill Clinton lost the first four primaries but still ended up winning 51% of all votes.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Sir Tonk posted:

That Cruz image would make the best avatar ever.
A few pages back but I made these for the Politoon thread and ya' are free to have them.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

:owned:

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Squalid posted:

After NH a bunch of third tier candidates are going to drop out and Trump's low favorability numbers make it more likely their supporters will consolidate around whatever establishment candidate performed best. 35% of the vote is okay for the first few primaries but to win the whole thing you really want 50%+, doubly so for Trump as he is likely to get screwed at the convention. In 1992 Bill Clinton lost the first four primaries but still ended up winning 51% of all votes.

The last few polls that did 1st + 2nd choices had trump at 50-55% and the next placed guy at 35-40%. The main problem with stumping trump is finding a not trump that multiple groups don't hate. Cruz is an odious tea party goblin with all the charm of a liver fluke. Rubio is latino and part of something called the gang of 8 which turned out to not be the new tarantino film but part of a group that didn't declare obama as a muslim antichrist, he has also had jeb spread rumors for years about illicit affairs and shady financials in florida. Lastly ben carson is the platonic ideal of an overconfident surgeon unaware of his limitations.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

Oh it's been a while since i looked at those polls. Apparently a ppp poll from yesterday gave Trump better favorability ratings than Rubio? lol drat guess I better get on the Trump bandwagon.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Did Walker drop out before Trump entered? His appeal really seemed like it stemmed from the same slit trench Trump's does, where you could run a rotting ham sandwich and win their hearts and minds if you wrote "KILL LIBERALS" on the bread in mustard.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

FAUXTON posted:

Did Walker drop out before Trump entered? His appeal really seemed like it stemmed from the same slit trench Trump's does, where you could run a rotting ham sandwich and win their hearts and minds if you wrote "KILL LIBERALS" on the bread in mustard.

nope, walker hadn't even formally joined in once trump was really getting going

like walker somehow managed to start really late and flame out really early, it was hillarious

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

fishmech posted:

like walker somehow managed to start really late and flame out really early, it was hillarious

I feel like he spent more time with his ludicrous logo reveal than he did in the race.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bryter posted:

I feel like he spent more time with his ludicrous logo reveal than he did in the race.

...I'd managed to blot that out of my memory...

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I didn't know Assad was on the Bengals.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It's kind of mind-boggling that someone would have Trump as a second choice. He seems like a love him or hate him kind of guy. Unless people answer him as the default when they can't remember any other options

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

blue squares posted:

It's kind of mind-boggling that someone would have Trump as a second choice. He seems like a love him or hate him kind of guy. Unless people answer him as the default when they can't remember any other options

people might like cruz more. and cruz is just a "quieter" douchier trump

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Oct 18, 2016

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

who?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Some jerk.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

fishmech posted:

The only difference between Walker and Jeb is that Walker saw early on the republican electorate wasn't going to go for an establish stooge and rather than drag himself out for 6 months to embarrass himself and take on campaign debt, he cut his losses early. It was clearly the right choice, so credit to him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a tough guy, I hear

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
twitter default pic lmao

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Immortan posted:

twitter default pic lmao

These hands got into a super weird bar last night

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
These HEAL Hands

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Brannock posted:

These HEAL Hands

These heal hands. These hands.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

FAUXTON posted:

These heal hands. These hands.

Thands.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

The Nastier Nate posted:

The only difference between Walker and Jeb is that Walker saw early on the republican electorate wasn't going to go for an establish stooge and rather than drag himself out for 6 months to embarrass himself and take on campaign debt, he cut his losses early. It was clearly the right choice, so credit to him.

Except he HAS campaign debt and for some reason Ted Cruz is begging his supporters to pay it off?

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Brannock posted:

These HEAL Hands

Read it as HEAL These Hands.

Maybe this is just a cry for help from Friend Ben?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
He's looking for a orthopedic surgeon :ohdear:

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

World Famous Whore posted:

A few pages back but I made these for the Politoon thread and ya' are free to have them.

Why does /pol/ hate this dude so much? He seems to love Trump as much as they do and his stuff is often hilarious.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Now Jeb!'s wearing a dress? With the comic progressing like this, I fully expect the next one to be Trump loving Jeb! in the rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The fictional representation of the blowhard kills an equally fictional problem while a man in a costume tries to keep up the pretense, even though it is preposterous to any outside observer. An accurate if somewhat misogynist cartoon.

• Locked thread