Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I think you could get some mileage out of four Rebel Operatives with TLT and Rec Spec. Other than that, using Palob to proc Opportunist or Torkil to get extra Predator rerolls with the PS5 Kiraxkz sounds like a pretty sweet use for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

At the last tournament I went to there was a guy running a Rebel TLT swarm with Roark Garnet.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Obama 2012 posted:

Are there any tournament competitive uses for the HWK these days? I have an irrational love for the drat thing, but last I checked they were none too popular. I've been out of the loop for a few months though and things change.

Not really but you'll see one thrown in as a gimmick sometimes. IMO their dial sucks too much to be viable as a quad TLT vehicle.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Tried out this build last night:

Blue Squad Pilot - E2 w/tactician
Blue Squad Pilot - Ion cannon
2x Blue Squad Novice - R2 Astromech and Integrated Astromech

List worked out surprisingly well. I would fly the b-wings in a staggered formation so I could Ion and tactician a ship to pin it down and pounce while my t70s flanked. The key is the XXBB setup and options I have for my tallon rolls or Kturns. Ive got the raw firepower to bring down large ships and the survive-ability and dice to handle other jousters or arc dodgers.

First game I lost one X-wing and everything else was pretty at half health or so. Second game my opponent beached Poe on an asteroid and I took him to 1hp on the first volley. One 100-0 on this match

I'll hopefully fly this list against some scum, but this may be my replacement tournament list for Super dash+Corran or BBBBZ

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

zVxTeflon posted:

Heres the dial upgrade thing

Okay, these are super cool and awesome. I'm gonna need like...50.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Someone explain to me why the Punishing One title is 12 points and why that is worth upgrading your primary weapon from 2 to 3.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone explain to me why the Punishing One title is 12 points and why that is worth upgrading your primary weapon from 2 to 3.

Ships that roll 2 red dice are at best filler and at worst garbage.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Admiral Joeslop posted:

a Raw dice upgrade like that without any caveats is always worth a lot of points.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

It's a 360 arc turret, so two dice compared to three makes a whole lot of a difference. Having an additional attack dice can make a lot of difference considering how evade dice works and is one of the reasons why the TIE Interceptor is still used while the A-Wing, even after being fixed, is not as good: the 3 attack on the TIE/I makes all the difference.

FFG didn't quite realise how good 3 dice attacks were on 360 turrets, as can be seen by comparing the low PS YT-1300 with the ones piloted by Lando/Chewie/Han (as they are one of the few ships that has different stats at different PS levels).

It is still weird that the cost is 12 points though: a YT-2400 with outrider with mangler, which is almost equivalent, is 9 points as a comparison.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Tekopo posted:

It's a 360 arc turret, so two dice compared to three makes a whole lot of a difference. Having an additional attack dice can make a lot of difference considering how evade dice works and is one of the reasons why the TIE Interceptor is still used while the A-Wing, even after being fixed, is not as good: the 3 attack on the TIE/I makes all the difference.

FFG didn't quite realise how good 3 dice attacks were on 360 turrets, as can be seen by comparing the low PS YT-1300 with the ones piloted by Lando/Chewie/Han (as they are one of the few ships that has different stats at different PS levels).

It is still weird that the cost is 12 points though: a YT-2400 with outrider with mangler, which is almost equivalent, is 9 points as a comparison.

Yeah, but the YTs in general are more expensive- Dash clocks in at 37 points to Dengar's 33. Dengar with the title is about even with Dash with a Mangler points-wise, and they both have some give and take(I think Dengar would probably be able to win that one if he's flown reasonably well).

If you're looking for efficiency in a pancake, you're looking in the wrong place. None of them are efficient.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Expensive Ships that roll 2 red dice are garbage.

Let me correct that.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 21, 2015

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I flew a list of Darth Vader, Howlrunner, Soontir, and Mauler vs. Fat Han and BB8 Poe a few nights ago. Poe got eaten by a few lucky potshots and finished off by a range 1 salvo from Vader (with Advanced Targeting Computer's critical pulling off a hull breach and direct hit combo :swoon:)
At that point it's Fat Han with 2 shields left and the other 4 opponents are all now shieldless. I thought it would be easy cleanup, but my ships got blasted away one by one, starting with Vader. Soontir was the last survivor, and I think he might have pulled it off if I had put autothrusters on that build. I had initiative as well, so I was moving first and couldn't reliably tail Han at range 1.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

My friend and I just bought a core pack each (original) so looking forward to starting out on this. Also bought the armada start set.

I've a feeling that I can wave goodbye to some income

Alctel fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Oct 21, 2015

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hunger Games tonight, is there any reason NOT to take the fattest ship I can? Or are Large ships not allowed generally?

EDIT: Facebook post says small ship :downs: Maybe I'll go with an A-wing.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
http://kotaku.com/fans-create-the-ultimate-star-wars-tabletop-game-1737462113

I don't care if the rules probably sucked, I would just make spaceship noises till the end of time

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
On my way to the first xwing game in like 3 months. Bringing two xwangs, (One classic, one t70), and jake the snake. Will let oyu know how it shake out.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

I look at those pictures and can't see anything besides the Lambda's wings not being all the way down.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

So looks like you'll need to disassemble your cardboard dials.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/10/22/ace-maneuvers/

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Those at least look easy to take apart, so I should only need three or four.

I honestly don't remember the last time I used more than four ships.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Since those dials are basically set up like the Armada command dials, I just had what is probably a really dumb idea. Trying to play it so that large base ships have to set up Manuvers an extra turn ahead. Obviously some card effects would break the game quickly, as possible stress would make taking red moves extra risky. But if you maybe changed it so that red Manuvers could be taken while stressed, they add an extra stressr, or maybe you take a damage, instead of letting your opponent pick your move.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I really don't like the look of those new dials, so I think I'll just be sticking to my cardboard ones.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Endman posted:

I really don't like the look of those new dials, so I think I'll just be sticking to my cardboard ones.

I gotta agree with you. They look a little bit like hot garbage, and I hate the way all the maneuvers are visible with only a a little dip (?) being the only thing that denotes which one your taking.

Orvin posted:

Since those dials are basically set up like the Armada command dials, I just had what is probably a really dumb idea. Trying to play it so that large base ships have to set up Manuvers an extra turn ahead. Obviously some card effects would break the game quickly, as possible stress would make taking red moves extra risky. But if you maybe changed it so that red Manuvers could be taken while stressed, they add an extra stressr, or maybe you take a damage, instead of letting your opponent pick your move.

This would be terrible.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Assembling the plastic peg on movement dials is my least favorite part of unpacking a new ship. It just rubs me the wrong way, man.
I will never disassemble and reassemble one on purpose.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Orvin posted:

The Millenium Falcon is the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The new dials look cool as hell, but at $10 for 3 I think I'm going to pass. That's either a ton of money in new dials or a ton of effort in changing them out every time you change ships for simply a cosmetic change.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Floppychop posted:

The new dials look cool as hell, but at $10 for 3 I think I'm going to pass. That's either a ton of money in new dials or a ton of effort in changing them out every time you change ships for simply a cosmetic change.

It's not just cosmetic, it also reduces the space your dials take up by a factor of 3.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
And I've totally gone overboard with these minis. Traded in more cards for more minis. Hound's tooth, most wanted, IG-2000, khirakhz fighter, another Z95, and a k-wing. Gonna dig out more cards to get the epic class poo poo next.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

kizudarake posted:

And I've totally gone overboard with these minis. Traded in more cards for more minis. Hound's tooth, most wanted, IG-2000, khirakhz fighter, another Z95, and a k-wing. Gonna dig out more cards to get the epic class poo poo next.

:getin: I traded the equivalent of a decent standard deck for my minis. The funny thing is that I've been using Han+3Z for about a year and a half now.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

:getin: I traded the equivalent of a decent standard deck for my minis. The funny thing is that I've been using Han+3Z for about a year and a half now.

I'm at 600 in credit, half in dollar rares.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
So when I played my t70 I tried Tokyo drifting 3 times. All three bumped off a proto pilot a wing. Sigh.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Came in third in the local tourney tonight!

Played with this list:
https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...:;12:140:-1:-1:

Highlights:
Lost spectacularly to a three x-wing squad of Wes, Wedge, and Poe. Of all things. I had the worst luck with the dice this game; the only thing that rolled a single evade the entire game was Deathrain. I made a bad call and swung right when I should have swung left, which didn't help.

Destroyed some Brobots. It was amazing. I only lost one of the Black Squadrons in this one. Deathrain all but soloed one of them; the killing blow was a range three shot from one of the black squadrons.

Crack Shot is really good. I think I'm gonna switch up Deathrain's bombs for Redline's missiles to see if it synergizes better.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

bunnyofdoom posted:

So when I played my t70 I tried Tokyo drifting 3 times. All three bumped off a proto pilot a wing. Sigh.

Gotta be careful, man. I'm tempted to start running Stay on Target, just for shits and giggles to switch directions if somebody does something unexpected. Add BB-8 to get a barrel roll before it goes off (and you picked a green 3 forward before changing it), and you can end up drat near turning around in place.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Finally got a copy of Most Wanted to start building S&V, and I'll be picking up the Hound's Tooth and maybe an IG-2000 or two as soon as the Organizer I ordered comes in.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HJ9514/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2MW4FDDIYFIW4&coliid=I2WTTANWZY45Z3&psc=1 is the one i'm getting, even if its not perfect, it was only $9.50

Bonus:Most Wanted reviews on Amazon!

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 25, 2015

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I ran this list at a store tournament of 14 people earlier today.

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

Syndicate Thug (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R4 Agromech (2)

Boba Fett (Scum) (39)
Veteran Instincts (1)
K4 Security Droid (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 100

I had never flew the list before, wasn't in an ultra-competitive mood, and I already had all the prizes they were offering, so I thought I'd take a list that sounded fun. It did alright, I went 2-2. Destroyed a Poe/Maranda/Warden list, and a Chewie/2X Dagger, I got my poo poo wrecked by a 4 Y-Wing TLT (so loving boring to play against), and had a close game with a Dash/Maranda list. Came in 5th, so not too bad. In the end, I cemented my place as solidly upper-mid tier with moments of being impressive among the people I play with.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So far, counting the game I just played this evening, Wedge, Wes, and Dutch have gone solidly undefeated. Their latest victory was against Poe with BB-8 and PtL paired with Han, the Luke Skywalker crew card, Falcon title, and Wired.

First round was positioning, second round I rolled like garbage, but the third round I blew Poe out of the sky so fast Dutch didn't even get to shoot at him. After that it was a brief affair as the Falcon wound up sandwiched between my X-Wings while Dutch dropped a Seismic Charge directly in its path. I ended the game with all three ships still in play.

I think...I think I've found my list, you guys.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I did it. I bought a Raider and goddamn I don't even want to play with it, it's too pretty just sitting on my desk. :swoon:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

TARDISman posted:

I did it. I bought a Raider and goddamn I don't even want to play with it, it's too pretty just sitting on my desk. :swoon:

Honestly I'm looking forward to actually bringing my Raider to the table at some point using the campaign scenarios for it. The campaign that comes with the Tantive IV is legitimately fun...Howlrunner and five TIEs take on a blockade runner, Soontir Fel leads an ambush on a Rebel refueling outpost, it's pretty neat...and I'm hoping the Raider's is the same.

Endman
May 18, 2010

I can confirm that KBYA is pretty great, both in terms of fun and results. I went to a league tournament yesterday and came away with 1st place, a TIE Punisher (this thing is so loving huge :psyduck:) and my pick of the league's box of promo swag:

Endman
May 18, 2010

Here's the exact list I used, if anyone's interested:

Miranda Doni (29)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Jan Ors (2)

Blue Squadron Pilot (22)
Fire-Control System (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)

Prototype Pilot (17)
Chardaan Refit (-2)

Total: 100

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
What's your general tactic with that list?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Uggghhhhh so okay I just flew four games against someone flying Chewie (Lone Wolf, Falcon, Lando, Experimental Interface, C-3P0) and Corran Horn (EU, Fire Control System, VI, R2-D2) and it was some of the most brutal gaming I've had. I lost the first three games and while some of it was due to bad flying on my part a lot of it was just due to his list being ridiculously tanky between regenerating shields coupled with 3 green + evades and 3P0 and Lando giving Chewie ridiculous staying power.

Vader and Chiraneu got wrecked twice and barely made a dent in either of them. For shits and grins I tried Miranda, Jan Ors, and Cracken to drop huge ordnance attacks and I did whomp Chewie with a seven hit Advanced Protorp...but its a gimmicky list and it folded quickly.

I did finally win by bringing out Wes, Wedge, and Dutch. Corran Horn wound up jousting with my whole list and evaporated, from there it was a drawn out fight of attrition as Wes whittled Chewie's tokens down and Wedge denied him 3P0. Most of the fight Dutch was out of range to do much but even after Wes died Wedge brought Chewie low enough that when I finally flanked him it was a done deal.

In conclusion, gently caress the Falcon.

• Locked thread