Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Questioner86 posted:

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I've been working some really late hours with NVidia tracking down some game breaking performance issues with Flex. My video card was losing 40+ frames with Flex set to LOW. Totally unacceptable frame rates. They've been working late nights to fix problems but I only just got a build with a fix yesterday. Once I can test it with a few different video cards to make sure they didn't introduce a crash or something (this has been a problem with past fixes) we'll turn Flex back on. You can pretty much blame me for Flex being turned off because I was the hard rear end insisting that we test it for a few days instead of just putting it in today's build but once it proves out it's easy for us to turn Flex back on.

It worked and then nVidia broke it in drivers, right? Or did it happen on TWI's end? PhysX and FLEX have always been highly interesting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I trust PvE and PvP will keep balance separate?

Mainly asking cause to the surprise of nobody the zerk is pretty strong in PvP, the pulverizer in particular does really stupid damage, oh and farm for a human controlled patriarch is loving terrible, its way to open.

Seemingly no penalty for dying either

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 8, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

PvP is pretty fun in an hectic way. Played two matches and the humans got the short end of the stick by wave 2 twice, but that might just have been the team I was stuck with, but it is quick and fun, so I can't complain.

Seems there are more supply/in-map weapons in general and the tier 1 weapons for all classes appear to have been added (at least found the Medic Pistol and Caulk Gun, so I presume the others are in). All in all seems like a fun update.

But gently caress finding the soap, it is either my eyes aging or those things have been hidden by a Where's Waldo fan.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

ZearothK posted:

But gently caress finding the soap, it is either my eyes aging or those things have been hidden by a Where's Waldo fan.

apparently I'm good at it because I got like six of the ten in maybe five minutes?

Look behind radiators, behind upturned gurneys, in corners, under wooden ramp things, all that. Oh, and there's one in the cafeteria food trays.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Psion posted:

apparently I'm good at it because I got like six of the ten in maybe five minutes?

Look behind radiators, behind upturned gurneys, in corners, under wooden ramp things, all that. Oh, and there's one in the cafeteria food trays.

There is one or some in the yard with the weight benchs as well. I got that achievement by accident throwing a grenade in that area

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
After playing versus I have to say, Medic and Gunslinger are probably the best class because Gunslinger can one or two-shot player controlled zeds with a .500 headshot, and it's obviously very easy to keep everyone alive and outrun player zeds as Medic.

As the zeds, Siren's vortex and Alpha Clot's grab is really great for team assists because people spend so much time running away. Also, Gorefast is fantastic for punishing people who run away instead of stumbling zeds, because their spin attack doesn't slow them down from sprint speed if you use it while spinning. Gorefast is just really good for confirming kills on a low-head opponent.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Theta Zero posted:

After playing versus I have to say, Medic and Gunslinger are probably the best class because Gunslinger can one or two-shot player controlled zeds with a .500 headshot, and it's obviously very easy to keep everyone alive and outrun player zeds as Medic.

As the zeds, Siren's vortex and Alpha Clot's grab is really great for team assists because people spend so much time running away. Also, Gorefast is fantastic for punishing people who run away instead of stumbling zeds, because their spin attack doesn't slow them down from sprint speed if you use it while spinning. Gorefast is just really good for confirming kills on a low-head opponent.

Personally I find "hit it with a flamethrower" solves most problems in versus, at least for people like me who have trouble leading the insanely fast/hoppy player-controlled zeds with anything else.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
if you're using any bullet weapons they're all hitscan (but not in zed-time gg) so you don't need to lead them at all :smug:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Theta Zero posted:

Off perk hunting shotty wrecks versus zeds.

Also 4 Xbow headshots to an HoE 6 man FP does him in, and if you his chest you stun him.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Versus feels extremely unbalanced when it comes to Zed health / damage. It feels like the only way you stand half a chance is Boss wave and only if the guy controlling Hans / Pat arent mouth breathing retards. Even Scrakes feel like they do poo poo damage and are too squishy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Versus biggest problem is the medic, being able to top everyone off with basically no repercussion is a huge problem as unless you can focus someone down REALLY fast, your damage will be wiped away by the medic by the time you regroup.

Zerker is also a huge issue as any organized team swarming someone runs the risk of getting killed in mass via pulverizer.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Versus biggest problem is the medic, being able to top everyone off with basically no repercussion is a huge problem as unless you can focus someone down REALLY fast, your damage will be wiped away by the medic by the time you regroup.

Zerker is also a huge issue as any organized team swarming someone runs the risk of getting killed in mass via pulverizer.

Zerker can also wipe every player zed during a single Zed time. Had it happen A LOT during one game. Zed time = entire player zed team gets to wait to respawn. Guess how often this happened..

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Bunching up too much is consistently bad as Zeds no matter what. Firebug will proc explosions on trash, thus killing you. Support's bullet penetration will wreck you. Same for Gunslinger. Demo is actually kinda decent for this because burst damage is so good.

Something like the L4D2 tongue dude that pulls you away from the team/incaps you would be good to help coordinate tactics with the Zed squad. The player controlled Crawler is pretty key to good Zed assaults. They seemed the strongest unit other than Scrakes etc.

Demo still needs buffs big time, way too little ammo especially when first spawning, too much self damage from your own grenades and poo poo, not enough of your own grenades to be truly useful, your grenade launcher thingie (T2) is pretty good but again, not enough ammo, is useless up close because of so many duds, and is a straight downgrade from the RPG. Also even with the faster weapon switch (which is by far the best improvement of this whole patch IMHO) C4 is still too difficult to use in a hectic moment, especially with Sirens destroying your C4. If you could throw C4 with a button press like a grenade, and detonate it without having it actively equipped, that would make it way better.

The LAR is really strong for a T1 but it cycles through its bullets pretty slowly and takes ages to reload, in a departure from KF1. Also unlike KF1, it doesn't come out literally instantly so there's that. I guess the Sharp perk itself will affect these things.

How to use the USB keys for skins is still a little confusing and not well explained in the menus. I have to buy a key AND a crate, what?

Overall huge fan of the update, mainly the QOL improvements like weapon/healer switch speed, no auto rage and the ease of upcoming updates. Just some slight balancing here or there and putting Flex back on and I'd be a happy camper.

💖 content 💖
😍 questioner 😍

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Played a few rounds of Versus, quite fun! So far there's two things I'm sort of missing.

1. I expected that the mode would have a sort of matchmaking where the two teams are set up as usual, with them then switching sides on the same map after round 1. Mostly since if a match ends very early, there's a lot of downtime with voting etc between rounds. Not to mention that it would give everyone a turn at some point, rather than the current common situation where nearly everyone goes Zed and lets autobalance sort it out, though I don't know if that balances for whoever got Zed the previous round. Then again, that imbalance will probably die down after the initial rush.

2. Are there any incentives planned around playing the Zed side? One thing that'd be sort of neat to allow playing that also contribute to progress would be to receive tiny amounts of XP for dealing damage to the survivors, maybe based on class so that hurting a Berserker would grant berserker xp. It'd probably have to be pretty small amounts, but barring other ideas I don't think its a bad thing to give Zed side an incentive to play for when the novelty of it dies down a bit.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Overall huge fan of the update, mainly the QOL improvements like weapon/healer switch speed, no auto rage and the ease of upcoming updates. Just some slight balancing here or there and putting Flex back on and I'd be a happy camper.

You left out that the flashlight is less than useless now.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
skoll please show us on the doll where the video game touched you

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

skoll please show us on the doll where the video game touched you

On my penis head. Which was also the last place your moms butt touched me.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Something like the L4D2 tongue dude that pulls you away from the team/incaps you would be good to help coordinate tactics with the Zed squad.

This is supposed to be the siren's RMB, but the range isn't quite there considering it paints a gigantic target on the siren.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

Skoll posted:

You left out that the flashlight is less than useless now.

What did they do to the flashlight?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Require More Fire posted:

What did they do to the flashlight?

They dimmed it to the point of it not being worth using, basically. Have fun the next time you play Catacombs.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I don't think people play Catacombs.

Which is a shame, I really like that map.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Skoll posted:

Zerker can also wipe every player zed during a single Zed time. Had it happen A LOT during one game. Zed time = entire player zed team gets to wait to respawn. Guess how often this happened..

So everybody's been crying about player nerfs since launch, and now that we're the zeds all of a sudden it's not enough :hehe:

I haven't got to play around with the new patch yet, and now the power is out at my apt, are player zeds buffed up too say L4D specials levels? I agree it would suck to spawn in as a trash zed then be instantly headshot by a single 9mm round.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I jumped on this a couple days ago, last time I played this was around 2 months after the original release and I was kinda surprised to see it was still in EA.

Have they rolled back the release date? If so when's it supposed to be finished, i've got friends I wanna play this with but they're uneasy buying early access games due to past mistakes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skoll posted:

On my penis head. Which was also the last place your moms butt touched me.

my mother was cremated 13 years ago on her death so it is cool to know you have been an incel for over a decade

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The only flashlights we need are the brief glimpses of zeds you get when shooting them in the head.

Hey, FEAR is a super old game made somewhere around 1987 and its muzzle flashes had real-time shadows. Please? Pretty please?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

So everybody's been crying about player nerfs since launch, and now that we're the zeds all of a sudden it's not enough :hehe:

I haven't got to play around with the new patch yet, and now the power is out at my apt, are player zeds buffed up too say L4D specials levels? I agree it would suck to spawn in as a trash zed then be instantly headshot by a single 9mm round.

Eh, I never cried for any class nerfs. If anything, I think TWI fucks up class "balance" more than they help.

Coolguye posted:

my mother was cremated 13 years ago on her death so it is cool to know you have been an incel for over a decade

I'm so very :allears: at how serious you act in this thread. It's kind of amazing that you make all these smuglord comments like you're king poo poo but when someone tells you they hosed your dead mom, you gotta attack their sex lives.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if you think im doing anything but clowning on you youre projecting

which wouldnt be a surprise since 2 people disagreed with you the last time this thread was out of torpor and you immediately said it was a circlejerk invasion

you made a stupid your mom joke and got burned, clap your ointment on and get over it sucka

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 8, 2016

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

just make the grenade launcher weigh 5 and that will literally make demo 2x better overnight

edit: AND give almost every other perk in the game way more flexibility. nobody uses that thing right now, and almost nothing else weighs 5

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Coolguye posted:

This doesn't logically follow. He said it was the last place your mom's butt touched him, not the last place he was touched by anyone. :spergin:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's weird that you have perks like Commando, where every talent pick presents you with a choice between two useful talents that build different playstyles, in the same game as stuff like Demo, where 60% of the talents are useless trash. :(

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

This doesn't logically follow. He said it was the last place your mom's butt touched him, not the last place he was touched by anyone. :spergin:

keep working it through thinkenstein

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

if you think im doing anything but clowning on you youre projecting

which wouldnt be a surprise since 2 people disagreed with you the last time this thread was out of torpor and you immediately said it was a circlejerk invasion

you made a stupid your mom joke and got burned, clap your ointment on and get over it sucka

It's funny how you project this image of "clowning on people" on the forums but you try real hard to be chill in mumble. I don't give a poo poo if people agree with me or not you dumbshit, I'm not like you where it has to be ZOMG MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY ARRGGGG IM EDGELORD COOLEGUY.

And yes, I am totally burned.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Stop talking about dead moms, unless that dead mom is going to be the Matriarch and then you can talk about her butt and the kicking thereof.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Skoll posted:

It's funny how you project this image of "clowning on people" on the forums but you try real hard to be chill in mumble. I don't give a poo poo if people agree with me or not you dumbshit, I'm not like you where it has to be ZOMG MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY ARRGGGG IM EDGELORD COOLEGUY.

And yes, I am totally burned.

lol

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Just because we have a poo poo post tag doesn't mean we have the poo poo post olympics in here.

However, I do echo the request that patches stop resetting key binds, that poo poo is super annoying

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

put bernie sanders in killing floor 2 imho

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Alteisen posted:

Prison is neat but please stop with the dark rear end maps after a few sirens have been through it. :geno:

Seriously. It's like some Steam early access horror game after the lights are broken even with the barely functional flashlight.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/951758164954675359

There, they unnerfed flashlights.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

But now my game just flat out won't start.

Also wow, I hope that the Hotfix fixed Hans, cause I don't think his melee attack should dish out 80 damage EACH on Hard :v: (at least not anymore)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Flashlights are OP now and give an unfair advantage to humans in versus mode. Fix your game, Tripwire.