Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

crazystray posted:

Is there a way to check out your character without subbing? I want to see where I left off the last time I let my sub lapse and don't want to pay for it. VideoGames mining adventures have inspired me and I may resub just to go mining but I am curious what mining skills I had.

If you log in to your eve account management you can get an API for your account and use a tool like evemon to check skills and isk and maybe assets too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Massasoit posted:

If you log in to your eve account management you can get an API for your account and use a tool like evemon to check skills and isk and maybe assets too.

API doesn't work if you're unsubbed.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

evilweasel posted:

I think this may have changed. I added an account to evemon that wasn't previously in evemon that has been unsubbed for a few months and it pulled SP and isk. I didn't check assets so I'm not sure about that.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I hope Flanders isn't burning out. Haven't seen him post in awhile. :(

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mederlock posted:

Join incursion squad if you're hurting for isk, it's surprisingly good money

incursion sig used to run incursions in blue space

you may notice a distinctive lack of blue space recently.

if anything, take your <vindicator, nightmare, scimitar> pilot to an NPC corp and run highsec incursions.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

evilweasel posted:

It does. We make people provide apis for all accounts, new and old.

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

evilweasel posted:

More than anything else, get interceptor skills.

I've got ceptors 4 but most the fun I get from Eve is cloaky douchebaggery and ruining people's fun.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Otacon posted:

incursion sig used to run incursions in blue space

you may notice a distinctive lack of blue space recently.

if anything, take your <vindicator, nightmare, scimitar> pilot to an NPC corp and run highsec incursions.

Plaids masterplan revealed.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Zephyrine posted:

technically, we're still around to headshot staging system incursions (i guess that's Saranen and nothing else?) but wartime and no-sov means we're pretty much through being able to print isk

not that anyone wants to fly pimped out pirate battleships with hostile supercaps logged off in system

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

They could move the cfc to highsec, drop a citadel in perimeter like gevlon said and collect 32 trillion isk a month and :laugh: at the :airquote: MBC :airquote: and the sov they did or did not want anyways.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Foehammer007 posted:

It makes me sad there wasn't a big brawl over VFK or ya0 but that's where this war is at I guess.

Foehammer007 posted:

More like I wish goons shoved six battleship fleets down MBC throats like the last war, but it's all good.

Obviously at a basic level this is because GSF leadership has adopted a fight denial strategy.

This bad news for CCP is that under the present implementation of sovereignty, a fight denial strategy is the smart call , even if the system in question is the capital of a major coalition with major industry built up in it. The attackers are spoiling for a fight, not economic gain. And for defenders it makes more sense to drop the capital the expend the capital and human resources to even try defending.

It certainly doesn't help that it's easier to allow a system to be captured and then retake it than defend it in the first place.

EVE's sov system is broken. Just like it's always been.

Edit to reduce redundancy.

Maneck fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 13, 2016

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maneck posted:

EVE's sov system is broken. Just like it's always been

And the cherry on top is: its still all about who has the most dudes

I wonder if fozzie facepalmed when he saw the triage entosis carriers

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For any of you UK folks that have done EVE London stuff.

http://www.eve-nt.uk/2016/04/13/announcement-eve-london-joins-the-eve_nt-family/

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Orange Red Bull posted:

I wonder if fozzie facepalmed when he saw the triage entosis carriers
Those were identified as the optimal entosis ships for heavily contested nodes back when fozziesov was being tested in pre-release wargames, so he knew all about them long before this war started.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 13, 2016

kiresays
Aug 14, 2012

If any of you took the, "Eat a bag of dicks" as a serious win condition you should probably just kill yourself.

Wait can I say that?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

kiresays posted:

If any of you took the, "Eat a bag of dicks" as a serious win condition you should probably just kill yourself.

Wait can I say that?

Maybe in uncultured trash heaps like reddit, which by the way, you should go back to :sun:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

kiresays posted:

Wait can I say that?

do you play the league, of legends

im not actually being insulting, im trying to find out something i promise

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

evilweasel posted:

I've pondered playing this awful game again and it totally does, at least now.

Apparently all the random free days CCP has given me since I quit has added up enough to finish Minmatar and Caldari Cruiser V as well :sun:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Massasoit posted:

I think this may have changed. I added an account to evemon that wasn't previously in evemon that has been unsubbed for a few months and it pulled SP and isk. I didn't check assets so I'm not sure about that.

It changed. I was able to check all my stuff while completely unsubscribed.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
*Logs onto Eve and settles down for the evening*

Wonderful! It is mine time, with VG and Rock!

Wow.

VideoGames fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 13, 2016

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
CCP's made some improvements over the years to them.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Orange Red Bull posted:

The point is: reddit doesnt even have a crippled baby leg to stand on talkin bout RL attacks. I cant count the number of bad gifs, webms and videos I've seen in the last few weeks with Alex's face on it. Imagine if a family member needed to google him for something.

But that all gets handwaved because Mittani.

I don't know why you shoehorned reddit into this debate -- I lifted the sourced quote from an article that the IWI guy submitted to TMC, and the rest of it is just my extrapolation on events.

So I really don't know what straw man you're trying to erect here. :confuoot:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Two points to clarify: Nosygamer's article came up after the "IWI is commiting a crime in FL" article, unless there's a different article you're referring to. The IWI guy's real name is listed at the bottom of the site where it says all the various stuff about how EVE is CCP's game etc.

Correct, the nosygamer article just piggy backed on a narrative already being pushed.

Maneck posted:

Obviously at a basic level this is because GSF leadership has adopted a fight denial strategy.

This bad news for CCP is that under the present implementation of sovereignty, a fight denial strategy is the smart call , even if the system in question is the capital of a major coalition with major industry built up in it. The attackers are spoiling for a fight, not economic gain. And for defenders it makes more sense to drop the capital the expend the capital and human resources to even try defending.

It certainly doesn't help that it's easier to allow a system to be captured and then retake it then defend it in the first place.

EVE's sov system is broken. Just like it's always been.

Edit to reduce redundancy.

As a member of the MBC, (all be it a very disengaged and uninterested LSV), I can safely say that for most of the people in MBC, if you don't give them a fight they're not going to give a poo poo and will gleefully glutton themselves on CSAA kills and squatting on old goon space whilst DD'ing capitals on the Saranen undock without complaint. The "boring the enemy to death" strategy is smart in the sense that it preserves blood and treasure, stupid if the goal is to bore the MBC to death because it demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding regarding their motives, and more stupid if anyone seriously thinks it will work. Case in point: It also bores a lot of imperium people who would rather have fights because a tiny fraction of members are actively engaged in the intrigue of the metagame, while the vast majority would actually like to *play* the game.

If anything, giving up capital and staging systems without any resistance just laods more ammunition into the narrative guns of the people on reddit, et al that are being decried.

But yeah overal, the sov system is dumb and broken, :agreed:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Apr 13, 2016

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!
So, I had a Skiff in 3t7 which I had used exactly one time. I decided to see just how bad these guys running around Dek were and set course for II-509 where my medical clone was set anyway, along with the last of my Dek assets.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53270239/

I made it all the way to VFK, dodging gate camps and headfaking dudes in interceptors and T3Ds, when a Claw landed on gate just as I did. Tackled by the Claw, I held out for a long while as the ships piled in. Shields held at 60% with the Claw, svipul and Sabre, but then another Sabre and two more Svipuls showed up and that was it.

Granted, this is my JF alt who boasts 280k SP in shields and Medium Drone Operations 2 for my Caldari Navy Vespas.

It was a fun trip, though. Makes me want to do it again with a better skilled pilot, unfortunately this guy is the only one that can fly exhumers.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

reagalan fighting the good fight in this here horrible eve thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4elds2/just_remember_goons_are_players_too/

some choice excerpts

quote:

I don’t think Goon Leadership understands what motivates the hords of players that are about to burn his little empire to the ground. They fight for a better eve, an eve without goons. They don’t fight your members, they don’t even fight corporations or alliances and for the most part they don’t care about owning space.
The target is the The Empire (=goons) itself and what it stands for and the hords will not stop until it is burned to the ground. I am not naïve enough to think that the goons will cease to exist after we are done with them. Every MMO needs his villain. Your leaders worked really hard to build this bad reputation and now you cry like babies “but we are the good guys!”. Hell you are not, never have been and never will be!
Ask yourself, do you want to identify yourself with what the empire stands for? Do the right thing and join the Colony Collapse Disorder now!

quote:

The one time I was blue to goons I felt dirty and wrong. Goon culture has always been to break the game and crap on players. Goon culture encourages players to be dicks. Any goon, and I mean any goon that says otherwise, is a lair.
Now goons are asking to be remembered as people too? Suck internet dick! You chose goons and deal with it.

quote:

Don't know no one has started a campaign to get Mittani to kill himself or boasted about making a CCP employee bend his idiotic knee.

quote:

Any true Goon and their leadership should suffer to the point of emo rage quitting. No mercy. If your attitude is "we're here to destroy your game" then as player, I have 0 tolerance. I've faced them in many games and every time it was just the same. They try to (and do) take the fun out of your gaming experience. For me that's crossing the line. If you think that then my stance is the same as Goons, just consider: Who's trying to destroy your game, and who is punishing the players who have this stance? It's like killing a serial killer. It makes me a murderer I guess? Or a hero?

quote:

Noone forced anyone to join and support martini, so everyone in goons and to an extend everyone that was in emporium (im looking at you, co2 grunts) was colluded and agreed to help mittani to accomplish his goals witch were things like blobbing and blueballing anyone they like, deny fun and destroy the game of nonCFC entities and make his inRL wallet fat with loving SA forum, kickstarter poo poo, websites and other rmt fuckery.
InRL every martini's pet surely is a good person, with a respectable job, friends etc., but in-game speaking they all deserve to biomas. EvE is just a game with pixels and poo poo and I don't like groups of retards that claims to have their main goal to destroy the fun and freedom of other players.
So gently caress martini, his dog sion, all goons, every other cfc alliances and every ex cfc alliances that left emporium trying to band together with winners and wash from shame their names (grr co2)

that last one :allears:

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I remember realegan, I thought that guy was on our side? Infact he was a top FC wasn't he? Why is he all grr now?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Otacon posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4elds2/just_remember_goons_are_players_too/

some choice excerpts

:yikes:

The propaganda narrative of r/eve is the equivalent of a kid finger painting whispering"grrrr goons" the entire time under his breath and should not be taken seriously. Their zealots are just as bad as some of the blind imperium supporters, just somehow dumber.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

Maybe in uncultured trash heaps like reddit, which by the way, you should go back to :sun:

Actually according to Reddit telling someone to kill themselves is capital murder.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

jiggerypokery posted:

I remember realegan, I thought that guy was on our side? Infact he was a top FC wasn't he? Why is he all grr now?

Those aren't Reagalan quotes. HΤH.

Siets posted:

I hope Flanders isn't burning out. Haven't seen him post in awhile. :(

1) I take occasional breaks from Eve (including this thread) precisely so that I don't burn out. Happens in times of both war and peace.
2) Very busy IRL atm.

I've been checking in once every couple days just to read VideoGames' posts. :shobon:

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

Kimsemus posted:

:yikes:

The propaganda narrative of r/eve is the equivalent of a kid finger painting whispering"grrrr goons" the entire time under his breath and should not be taken seriously. Their zealots are just as bad as some of the blind imperium supporters, just somehow dumber.

I just went and read some of the stuff on r/eve. Your assessment of them seems somehow.....overly generous.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Endie posted:

or it might have been an mlk fakepost one of the two

That would be asking me to think for myself. :colbert:

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Otacon posted:

If you mean Reaganomics Lamborghini then I made that mistake too but I don't believe he is Reagalan, who posts on a different account.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

ullerrm posted:

Those aren't Reagalan quotes. HΤH.

Mystery solved.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ullerrm posted:

1) I take occasional breaks from Eve (including this thread) precisely so that I don't burn out. Happens in times of both war and peace.
2) Very busy IRL atm.

I've been checking in once every couple days just to read VideoGames' posts. :shobon:

There you go being healthy and sane unlike the rest of this sorry lot. Pffffft. :rolleyes:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Kimsemus posted:

As a member of the MBC, (all be it a very disengaged and uninterested LSV), I can safely say that for most of the people in MBC, if you don't give them a fight they're not going to give a poo poo and will gleefully glutton themselves on CSAA kills and squatting on old goon space whilst DD'ing capitals on the Saranen undock without complaint. The "boring the enemy to death" strategy is smart in the sense that it preserves blood and treasure, stupid if the goal is to bore the MBC to death because it demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding regarding their motives, and more stupid if anyone seriously thinks it will work.

except it's working as shown time and again by the people begging and wailing for us to log in and feed them :confused:

Kimsemus posted:

Case in point: It also bores a lot of imperium people who would rather have fights because a tiny fraction of members are actively engaged in the intrigue of the metagame, while the vast majority would actually like to *play* the game.

we've done this before and we can do it again, if people wanna gently caress off they can: eve is bad

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Apr 13, 2016

Daruna
Jul 3, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

idgaf about the other poo poo but that quote was taken outa context

Daruna posted:

no it wasn't

i'll ask if I can post the full unedited ones with the jabber bot talking in between lines tomorrow if you so desire, there is absolutely zero talk of any sort of "carrier fleet" or whatever the gently caress that weak attempt at a save was

Idk if it's been posted yet cuz I ain't got the TIME to check but here's that batch of logs both 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after Mittani says "we don't give a gently caress about fcon" so you can see there is no other context to take that quote

http://pastebin.com/bPhgbi7e

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
shut up idiot

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

*Logs onto Eve and settles down for the evening*

Wonderful! It is mine time, with VG and Rock!

Wow.

VideoGames if you want to try gas mining I found one nearby. I brought a space ship from faaaaar far away and it can find things in space that you don't see in overview.

All you need is a gas harvester I (or two) to huff gas clouds.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Orange Red Bull posted:

They could move the cfc to highsec, drop a citadel in perimeter like gevlon said and collect 32 trillion isk a month and :laugh: at the :airquote: MBC :airquote: and the sov they did or did not want anyways.

This but unironically. Just not only in Perimeter. I say poop an XL as soon as they can be built in Perimeter, New Caldari, Sobaseki, Maurasi, Ikuchi, Muvolailen, wardec all the corps like those friggin mercenaries and then just wait till Jita sets itself on fire :c00lbutt:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Otacon posted:

some choice excerpts

:hawaaaafap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

frozenpussy posted:

VideoGames if you want to try gas mining I found one nearby. I brought a space ship from faaaaar far away and it can find things in space that you don't see in overview.

All you need is a gas harvester I (or two) to huff gas clouds.

What is huffing? Is that just travelling through space and absorbing gasses? People keep saying vespene in chat, so I am guessing it is one of those needed commodities.

I just did the third mission and got given a second venture. I sold him on his merry way! Rock for life!

• Locked thread