Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'm looking for some kind of fabric I can cut up and use as a dust-catcher for pc fans. Like, put it between fan and case so it blocks most of the dust. No clue what that is called in english, or what kind of fabric I need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Like https://m.lowes.com/pd/Frost-King-C...OwaAqzhEALw_wcB

They do block some airflow though

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Sex Robot posted:

Well I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at the amount of Pepe stuff but this feels me with real fear

SASS is going to be real interesting this year...

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

Betazoid posted:

Anyone know what to search for blackout fabric for curtains? I want to sew some for a camper and "blackout fabric" doesn't pull up anything useful.

I don't know about only fabric but I ordered custom curtains from this store and I got two extra wide, extra long pairs for easily 20% of what I would've paid anywhere in Europe. And they're gorgeous and well-made too, easily my best ali deal.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I bought 2 of an item and only 1 arrived. I asked the seller about it and they're offering to refund it. The item is no longer available on their store so I guess they don't have another they could send.

They're asking if they can refund me through paypal. I know they already have a ton of identifying information about me already, but can't they refund me for just 1 of the items through aliexpress?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Well I got the hoodie, hopefully in a month after I get it, it fits my dog

Paws up, don't bark

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Killingyouguy! posted:

I bought 2 of an item and only 1 arrived. I asked the seller about it and they're offering to refund it. The item is no longer available on their store so I guess they don't have another they could send.

They're asking if they can refund me through paypal. I know they already have a ton of identifying information about me already, but can't they refund me for just 1 of the items through aliexpress?
Yup, just say no and start a dispute

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Killingyouguy! posted:

They are just trying to game the merchant metrics that AliExpress use to wrangle their herd of scammers

NuminaXLT
Nov 11, 2002
Poor Freckles

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cmzPQCac

Hogo Fogo
May 10, 2010

As far as copy&pasted messages from sellers go, I like the ones I get through Aliex the most.

Dear Valued Customer,
Have a good day ! Wish your life as beautiful as flower!

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Sex Robot posted:

Well I guess I shouldn’t be surprised at the amount of Pepe stuff but this feels me with real fear

Sigh

*Unzips*

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Looks like there's a promotion running that gives new users $100 US in store credit. Is it legit? Too good to true?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
If it's the hundred dollar coupon one, you have to spend $1,400 on the site to get it.

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

Sagebrush posted:

If it's the hundred dollar coupon one, you have to spend $1,400 on the site to get it.

BRB about to order https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Seaside-Wooden-Playground-Equipment-Super-Quality-Children-Wood-Pirate-Ship-YY501/32629531977.html

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:
Just got into Aliexpress because they are bootlegging some of my enamel pins. Buying some bootleg band shirts. Stealing rules.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy gently caress this is amazing.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

thanks for giving me dutch aids

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ele...28628ddef62fadd

Robot Cuttlefish
Apr 6, 2016
Anyone know how lovely the 30$ snowboard pants are?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this seems better for half the price. And its more metal, less wood
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/kid...31-1f41acc9f3e2

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

pop punk posted:

Just got into Aliexpress because they are bootlegging some of my enamel pins. Buying some bootleg band shirts. Stealing rules.

Got a link to the bootleg pins? :v:

Also I like getting band shirts in colors that you couldn’t usually get like happy yellow and blue Black Sabbath shirts.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It's like they put a shell over an electric scooter. I'm sure it's not street legal but I kinda want this tiny car. :3:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Interesting forklift adaptation.

InvisibleMonkey
Jun 4, 2004

Hey, girl.

mike12345 posted:

thanks for giving me dutch aids

sorry, but there's no way to avoid it and it's chronic.

SuddenExpire
Jun 29, 2005

expired...

Fauxtool posted:

this seems better for half the price. And its more metal, less wood
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/kid...31-1f41acc9f3e2

The more splinters they get the less the pesky neighborhood kids will get off my sweet pirate ship

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I don't understand. This is from a product demonstration video for a blanket.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Flu...2850678939.html
Is he a robber that decided to do demonstration videos while he was there? Is he in some sort of bizarre retail witness protection program? Or maybe he's just afraid of accidentally inhaling any of that 'fur' -- this seems the most plausible but also disturbing. A discount textile superhero?

Oh, and he seems to be sitting on some sort of table or desk, the surface creaks alarmingly when he stands. I don't understand anything about this.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Facebook Aunt posted:

I don't understand. This is from a product demonstration video for a blanket.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Flu...2850678939.html
Is he a robber that decided to do demonstration videos while he was there? Is he in some sort of bizarre retail witness protection program? Or maybe he's just afraid of accidentally inhaling any of that 'fur' -- this seems the most plausible but also disturbing. A discount textile superhero?

Oh, and he seems to be sitting on some sort of table or desk, the surface creaks alarmingly when he stands. I don't understand anything about this.

hes uncomfortable sharing his face on camera. Hes selling a product not his face. Same reason they dont show the face on the many underwear models on AE

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Has anyone ever checked on how safe the plastic in Lepin legos is compared to the real thing? I’d like to buy something for a nephew while I can but don’t want to poison him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It looks like he's on a sleeping platform without a mattress.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

goatface posted:

I would totally drive a road-legal forklift to the office

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowy posted:

Has anyone ever checked on how safe the plastic in Lepin legos is compared to the real thing? I’d like to buy something for a nephew while I can but don’t want to poison him.

They are both made of abs plastic is which non toxic and bpa free. Old legos from the 90s especially clear parts have some very minor toxic components.

Lepin is lazy about washing off the mould release agent so you should wash them in warm soapy water before playing which is something you would want to do with anything plastic including real lego bricks

The paint used has been tested as lead free by many people

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

goatface posted:

There's no forklift in the world as weak as that, it's got a 1kw motor, there are electric bicycle with bigger motors. They're not hauling round 3 lead acid storage batteries though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Could be a pump motor, but it's a fair point.

Interesting shell for a mobility scooter?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

One of the items on my wishlist is actually going to be $60 cheaper than its usual price on 11/11! It's a Chinese Christmas miracle!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Killingyouguy! posted:

One of the items on my wishlist is actually going to be $60 cheaper than its usual price on 11/11! It's a Chinese Christmas miracle!

Ok spill the beans what is it

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

it's this dorky bag :shobon:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It's cool tho.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Chinese Christmas begins!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Lum...2888496590.html

these came in yesterday, and once they get some sun on 'em, they glow pretty good!

a steal for a buck.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Ordered some cheap pens over a month ago, and pretty much immediately got a shipment notification and tracking number from the seller. Just the other day I got another message that they shipped my order, and included the same drat tracking number. The tracking number actually seems to work, but there hasn't been an update since October 7, when it "departed country of origin".

I'm never getting my cheap stupid pens, am I? :saddowns:

(They were these for the record)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop punk
Jun 26, 2018

:420::420::420:

Snowy posted:

Got a link to the bootleg pins? :v:

Also I like getting band shirts in colors that you couldn’t usually get like happy yellow and blue Black Sabbath shirts.

You can search please kill my enemies pin. It’s got a little girl praying on it. The people who help me sell stuff ordered one and it’s not as nice as the one in the picture. I ordered Fugazi shirts. (Fugazi never made any merch besides albums for anyone not into lovely music.)