Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Making a big to do about airing salacious backstage footage on your main show, showing said (widely regarded to be disappointing) footage, and then getting pissed when people start sharing the footage online is peak meltdown behavior, I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us come May.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

I don’t think will ospreay of all people needed someone to tell him to go out there and talk some poo poo (his promo was great btw)

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Attacking a character’s throne isn’t the same as insulting a guy’s wife. I don’t give a poo poo he can go on TV and call HHH’s kids stupid and say he hopes they get eaten by wild animals, I just don’t want anything bad to happen to Ospreay because of it because obviously Hunter is petty everyone knows that. If AEW fails he’ll probably just go back to NJPW anyway

wife?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WWE has said many worse things about Hunter and Stephanie on their own programming

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

How the gently caress are none of you able to insult Tony without sounding like a bigger loser? Always oh no Tony is really bad at being a big strong daddy poo poo

I mean yeah that's the job chief, he's bad at it

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
(Parody level accent) Groinding on tha bohses dowta

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I know EMF is largely not a serious poster but lol at thinking that Will would have trouble getting a job with WWE in the future if he wanted one

If Khan released him today, he would probably be on the next Raw or Smackdown and they'd be turning the promo into an angle

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can't talk about a man's wife and get hired by him, as evidenced by the guy who said idiot daughter and doofus son in law right to the camera never coming back.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

im sorry are we acting like this is the first time anyone has said that hhh is in power because he married stephanie. That poo poo has been said for so long and so often I can't even remember the first time. It just always has been known.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Well I’m glad Will won’t see any negativity from it. Great promo, that and Okada were all I enjoyed from this Dynamite.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Shard posted:

im sorry are we acting like this is the first time anyone has said that hhh is in power because he married stephanie. That poo poo has been said for so long and so often I can't even remember the first time. It just always has been known.

If you’re gonna tell Ospreay his jokes are tired, say it to his face, sir

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the only thing that would get you blacklisted from wwe is if you talked about the sex crimes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Well I’m glad Will won’t see any negativity from it. Great promo, that and Okada were all I enjoyed from this Dynamite.

You didn't like the Cope/Penta match? I thought they were great. I also loved Mariah's match. She really elevates everyone she wrestles with. And the program after the match was gay as hell and I loved it.

Integrated Houston
Oct 21, 2008

Shard posted:

This is the first time someone said it in 2000 WCW, though

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Integrated Houston posted:

That’s fair

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Integrated Houston posted:

Tony Khan? More like Doc Brown

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

NienNunb posted:

Making a big to do about airing salacious backstage footage on your main show, showing said (widely regarded to be disappointing) footage, and then getting pissed when people start sharing the footage online is peak meltdown behavior, I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us come May.

you have a very odd definition of "peak meltdown behavior"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fart Radio posted:

you have a very odd definition of "peak meltdown behavior"

NN always comments in the most negative way possible in regards to AEW. Don't worry about it. Just tell him that cartoons that came out in the 60s and 70s are boring and it'll get his goat.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

You didn't like the Cope/Penta match? I thought they were great. I also loved Mariah's match. She really elevates everyone she wrestles with. And the program after the match was gay as hell and I loved it.

I don’t like Edge. I want to see Penta in the world title scene. Was on my phone for Mariah’s match and post match

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don’t like Edge. I want to see Penta in the world title scene. Was on my phone for Mariah’s match and post match

Yeah dude we know wwe fans hate women

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know what's not to like. He's old, he's grizzled, and he wrestles good matches but to each their own. I think you should go back and watch the Mariah match. It was real good and hard hitting - and the fact that it was against Anna Jay who is so inexperienced I think speaks to Mariah's skills as a wrestler.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

remember moxley being forced to use romans leukemia in a promo

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

remember moxley being forced to use romans leukemia in a promo

did he actually do it? I remember in his book talking about how hard he fought against it. I was under the impression in the end he didn't

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I bought a ticket for the April 17 Dynamite a month ago, so I'm glad they got whatever that goofy poo poo was out of their system last night lol

I haven't watched the show regularly since last summer so I've gotta catch up on what's going on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Shard posted:

did he actually do it? I remember in his book talking about how hard he fought against it. I was under the impression in the end he didn't

There was something significantly worse, that in his words would've lost them sponsors, that he spent so much energy arguing against that by the time it was all over, he didn't realize he'd gone on camera and implied Roman's leukemia was punishment from God until after it had already happened.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah dude we know wwe fans hate women

the new wwe product is extremely efficient. 3 minute squash match on a 3 hour show and then it’s cut from the hulu broadcast lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Sheesh. Oh and I meant to ask earlier - what is Wade's source that he made Will do that promo and Will didn't want to? I was under the impression that AEW pretty much left promo to the wrestlers with a few story beats and promotion beats to hit.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Shard posted:

NN always comments in the most negative way possible in regards to AEW. Don't worry about it. Just tell him that cartoons that came out in the 60s and 70s are boring and it'll get his goat.

im not trying to troll people i just think its dumb to call it "peak meltdown behavior" when we all just watched a dude attack his coworker unprovoked

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Sheesh. Oh and I meant to ask earlier - what is Wade's source that he made Will do that promo and Will didn't want to? I was under the impression that AEW pretty much left promo to the wrestlers with a few story beats and promotion beats to hit.

wade doesn’t have the best track record with that kind of stuff

there was the whole thing about brandi rhodes being hated backstage that was like universally disputed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

wade doesn’t have the best track record with that kind of stuff

there was the whole thing about brandi rhodes being hated backstage that was like universally disputed

so he's guessing? then why even bring him up?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Hearing reports that FTR Hair was also forced to wear The Simpsons shirt and make Flanders references, even though he always preferred The Critic

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fart Radio posted:

im not trying to troll people i just think its dumb to call it "peak meltdown behavior" when we all just watched a dude attack his coworker unprovoked

I think airing said footage nine months after the fact purely out of spite puts you cleanly into meltdown territory, I don’t know what to tell you Fart Radio.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

heh

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

illcendiary posted:

If you’re gonna tell Ospreay his jokes are tired, say it to his face, sir

i will insult any british person's sense of humor at any time, anywhere on earth.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Listening to Meltzer, he’s turned heel on AEW. Hope that piece of poo poo slips on his divorce papers and gets his head stuck in one of his many Lucha masks I am jealous of

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I think airing said footage nine months after the fact purely out of spite puts you cleanly into meltdown territory, I don’t know what to tell you Fart Radio.

this isn't really a meltdown though. It's a reaction. For nine months Punk and AEW didn't mention the incident. Then Punk commented on it and the tape was released a week later. It's a direct result. I think anger was involved but not a meltdown. Sometimes things are just cause and effect.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Shard posted:

so he's guessing? then why even bring him up?

tony khan is simultaneously a dictator like boss forcing wrestlers to do promos attacking other promotions that might employ them in the future and a weak child like boss who cant control a single wrestler backstage

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
the feeling is restored

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

tony khan is simultaneously a dictator like boss forcing wrestlers to do promos attacking other promotions that might employ them in the future and a weak child like boss who cant control a single wrestler backstage

I should have known with a nickname like Big Biceps Tiny Con

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

In all honesty, Tony Khan asked Schiavone to tell Perry no, Perry cussed out Schiavone. Schiavone asked Punk to intervene.

Tony Khan should have told Perry no himself, then the issue never happens