Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

I too like to score goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Around now if anyone wants a few mid afternoon mates

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
During the football? Are you mental?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

sassassin posted:

During the football? Are you mental?

Lol

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Bit annoyed I had nothing to do with this fifa drama. Ugh am I losing my touch

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Idling

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
anyone from parm city gonna be around this evening say uh 830 est

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Wish I was American so I could play against lovely americans instead of Elite UK players, ugh after tonight I can see why Jay melted down over bad players, ugh, ugh.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just change your team's region to North America

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Mates unite

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Duncan Sperguson posted:

didnt you used to be called hardflip? with a different av????!?!?!!

i wasnt this bad. more nazi, less sperg

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
sorry ive earned you such a poor forums reputation my forums bro in av and name

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Hardflip occasionally plays on loan for Mates, maybe one day we can have a Hardflip and Hardfl1p partnership

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
boy I hope not :hehe:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

kcer posted:

Cant be worse than a JingleBells-Scikar combo. When are we getting Xbox Ones? Oh gently caress, TFowl has one of those. Looks like we need to go to PC gaming

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

kcer posted:

i got a new tele with way less input lag so i'm a proper goal scorer now

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ah yes, it was the input lag

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
wow, can you imagine playing Pro Clubs and having a sub 50% tackle success rate???

Even worse when you're averaging less than 1 tackle a game, pathetic

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Stotty posted:

wow, can you imagine playing Pro Clubs and having a sub 50% tackle success rate???

Even worse when you're averaging less than 1 tackle a game, pathetic

Im trying to work out who youre slagging off here and its probably me as I played up front for ages so my tackles per game is probably off and I dont know about my success because i do a lot of slides to block passes when im up top

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Just checked the club and needless to say Stotty is the only player to have a greater than 50% tackle success rate

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

The Big Taff Man posted:

Just checked the club and needless to say Stotty is the only player to have a greater than 50% tackle success rate

Top stuff no one gets past stotty

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

At least 50% of those tackles are on Bonnett

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Stotty posted:

At least 50% of those tackles are on Bonnett

The unsuccessful ones?

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Oooh 50% that's why he reminds me of a young *googles England national football team 1900s* Johnny Holt

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Funny thing happened on the way to Div 2 last night, we had 2 separate open goal tap in misses. The first one, Yo Soy Fiesta tapped it over on the ground to me from the right wing to near the penalty spot. Usually your player "magnetizes" to the ball if you're moving in the right direction, etc. For some reason my VP acted as if I was canceling and pretty much ran away from the ball causing the pass to run behind to no one. Obviously, I wasn't super canceling.

Later in the game I had TheBigAristotle set up for another tap in, left wing to top of the 18 with the keeper out and charging me down on the left. His player's touch (not sprinting or anything) took the ball so far forward that the kick animation just whiffed. I mean, I've played probably > 1k pro clubs games since FIFA 10 and haven't seen this happen. Luckily we were doing well anyway but that was really strange, especially for both to happen in the same game. Hard to do it justice without video I guess, but they were both not the norm at all.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 3, 2014

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

NattyBo posted:

Funny thing happened on the way to Div 2 last night, we had 2 separate open goal tap in misses. The first one, Yo Soy Fiesta tapped it over on the ground to me from the right wing to near the penalty spot. Usually your player "magnetizes" to the ball if you're moving in the right direction, etc. For some reason my VP acted as if I was canceling and pretty much ran away from the ball causing the pass to run behind to no one. Obviously, I wasn't super canceling.

Later in the game I had TheBigAristotle set up for another tap in, left wing to top of the 18 with the keeper out and charging me down on the left. His player's touch (not sprinting or anything) took the ball so far forward that the kick animation just whiffed. I mean, I've played probably > 1k pro clubs games since FIFA 10 and haven't seen this happen. Luckily we were doing well anyway but that was really strange, especially for both to happen in the same game. Hard to do it justice without video I guess, but they were both not the norm at all.

The first one happens when you're offside. Your player doesnt latch on incase theres anothe runner. The other option is that your teammate was shooting rather than passing

Missing the ball Ive seen happen a bunch and was in last years edition for sure, usually when nipping in as a defender. You get to see the player fall over sometimes

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

The Big Taff Man posted:

The first one happens when you're offside. Your player doesnt latch on incase theres anothe runner. The other option is that your teammate was shooting rather than passing

Missing the ball Ive seen happen a bunch and was in last years edition for sure, usually when nipping in as a defender. You get to see the player fall over sometimes

I couldn't swear to it but I feel certain I was behind the ball when it was passed (we were both behind the defense)..

And yeah his player fell over after the leg animation (looked like a missed half volley). It was hilarious and infuriating at the same time especially since I had hosed up the earlier one haha.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

NattyBo posted:

I couldn't swear to it but I feel certain I was behind the ball when it was passed (we were both behind the defense)..

And yeah his player fell over after the leg animation (looked like a missed half volley). It was hilarious and infuriating at the same time especially since I had hosed up the earlier one haha.

The only other thing I can think of for the 1st one is you were never going to reach it so it didnt lock you on, but from your description that didnt sound the case

The second one used to happen a bunch last year when people were holding run when they received the ball or when a pass was hit with too much power.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

The Big Taff Man posted:

The only other thing I can think of for the 1st one is you were never going to reach it so it didnt lock you on, but from your description that didnt sound the case

The second one used to happen a bunch last year when people were holding run when they received the ball or when a pass was hit with too much power.

Either way it's another case of my PS4 not recording last 30 mins of gameplay, I tried to find it to upload for our amusement this morning. Drat.

KabukiJoe
Nov 19, 2002

Myself and Poison Jam just requested transfers to this fine storied club.

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

KabukiJoe posted:

Myself and Poison Jam just requested transfers to this fine storied club.

and with a new generation of consoles comes a new player. Out goes Mr Chuckle, in comes Captain Murtaugh :smug:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I cant remember if Poison Jam was good or bad.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gonna idle around 630-7

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Need a win in the next two to stay up in Div 2

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

TheBigAristotle posted:

Need a win in the next two to stay up in Div 2

Had a 2-0 lead in the 80th minute, final score 2-2 :negative:

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.

The Big Taff Man posted:

I cant remember if Poison Jam was good or bad.

All I did was pass and try to set people up when I wasn't defending. When there was more than one Parmos club I was the any and basically never scored, that was everyone elses job :)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Poison Jam posted:

All I did was pass and try to set people up when I wasn't defending. When there was more than one Parmos club I was the any and basically never scored, that was everyone elses job :)

Didnt we used to play down the right a lot together?

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I think so. There's only one game that sticks out to me and that was when we decided to piss off kcer by not letting him touch the ball...EVER

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Poison Jam posted:

I think so. There's only one game that sticks out to me and that was when we decided to piss off kcer by not letting him touch the ball...EVER

This sounds like exactly the kind of hijinks I used to enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004

The Big Taff Man posted:

This sounds like exactly the kind of hijinks I used to enjoy

Do you want me to do a man marking job on Bonnett or Scikar next time?

• Locked thread