Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

Welcome to PS4 Parmos FIFA 15 Edition!

What is Parmos?

Parmos FC is SomethingAwful’s premier team-based virtual football club. We are a group of goons that play a ridiculous amount of FIFA Pro Clubs because we’re loving awesome and we have a blast doing it.

And what exactly is a Parmo?

A Parmo is a delicious regional dish from Middlesbrough in England. It consists of deep-fried breaded chicken or pork cutlet, topped with thick béchamel sauce and grilled cheese. It is served with chips, salad & garlic sauce, and popular with alcoholics. Here's a photo:

What is Pro Clubs?

Pro Clubs is THE SINGLE GREATEST THING EA HAS EVER CREATED. IT IS THE BEST MODE IN ANY SPORTS GAME, PERIOD. Essentially, you create a Virtual Pro, choose a position and step onto the virtual pitch to go play matches alongside other goons.

How do I join?

Create a Virtual Pro, search for Parmos FC, and send in a transfer request.

What position should I play?

Whatever you want, it's a pretty fluid situation up front and in the midfield, and defensive positions are always available. The core of our group has been playing together since FIFA 11 (we’re still bad), so regardless; a good time will be had.

When does Parmos play?

Weekdays: 5 – 11PM EST
Weekends: Anytime usually late into the night.

Do I need a microphone?

The PS4 comes with a microphone so use it as it's a lot easier to play with goons if you can communicate. If you don’t have or don’t want to use a microphone, that's ok, just don’t be bad.

Launch Day Stuff

Your Virtual Pro will start off at 76 rated overall. You should head over to the catalogue section and buy all the boosts and you should be able to get up to an 80. If you're too low of a level and can’t buy certain boosts just ask some of the veterans, add ‘em to friends and they should be able to buy you the ones you’re missing.

Controls

We don't know them

General Tips

This is nothing like Xbox Parmos full of mindless football and selfish shenanigans.
Run into space.
Pass the ball.
Pass the ball to Own.
Play like a loving team.
Anyone can take a dumb shot from 30 yards away, you're not special.
Give up good shots to get great shots.
Once we’re up 3-0, we can gently caress around and do crazy tricks and poo poo.
Use your brain.
Think about what you're gonna do before you receive the ball.
Get that early cross in.
Shut your mouth and know your role.
Anticipate opponents tackles so you don’t lose the ball and therefore we won’t hate you.
L1 + Triangle has been nerfed so quit spamming that poo poo every 5 seconds.
Parmos is really addicting because we actually try to play like a team that passes the ball and play unselfish football (most of the time)
Don’t hog one position and get pissy if you can't always play striker.
Move around, change roles, be a swiss army knife.
Avoid actively coaching during games.
Avoid making a 7 ft 5 inch Frankenstein that fucks up trick moves on breakaways and says sorry 30 times a game.
Refrain from publicly ripping fellow goons, try to keep it to private messages (guilty :()
Use your microphone (unless of course we can't loving understand a single goddamn thing that comes out of your mouth)
Parmos has various therapeutic benefits, do NOT take it for granted.
We love crack stories.
And last but not least, let the rhythm take you over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Is the consensus that we're making seperate Euro and American teams?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Also why did no one inform me of these posts

lolsonic posted:

can't wait to meet the new weirdos that join our crew in 15 :D

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Taff is getting it on PS4. TAFF

TheBigAristotle posted:

I've always wanted to play with someone from the FIFA thread that talks hella poo poo. Have you ever played him h2h?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The classic 3-5-2 set up as always I hope!

Fluo fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 21, 2014

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

"Satan awakens all his legions, who lay till then in the same manner confounded.They rise: their chief leaders named, according to the idols known afterwards in Canaan and the countries adjoining. To these Satan directs his speech; comforts them with hope yet of regaining Heaven; but tells them, lastly, of a new world..."

Judging from the demo, it looks like fake shots in the box got buffed - the animation is much quicker so it's easy to get an angle on the keeper and finesse one in.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
*cues up Enrique Iglesias*

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
See y'all Tuesday

Fluo
May 25, 2007

NattyBo posted:

See y'all Tuesday

Make sure there is space for me when it comes out here on Friday! :(

SAMB0
Jul 9, 2004

Space Bear.
Destroyer of Worlds.
Never apologize.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Also why did no one inform me of these posts

you failed to quote my next post in which i said i look forward to playing with the big taff man

in a euro parmos though i think i cant do late nights anymore

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Euro parmo will tear us apart...what kind of currency will we use?! Etc...

Actually I don't give crap, if we have enough it makes sense, just not sure.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive had a report filed for me by a ps3 parmo who I trust and he's let me know who the good players are and who the bad players are and quite frakly I think its best we split apart, tho you can have fluo.

I cant say who my source is, Andre Le Fuckface made me promise not to tell.

yo soy fiesta
Feb 6, 2005

Are you fucking shitting me, dude!?

American Parmos is the best Parmos

And the Euro's can always come join us later on once they realize they're not having any fun

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

lolsonic posted:

American Parmos is the best Parmos

IDK about this. I read some of the dramas you guys had in the thread and they seemed pretty unfun?

lolsonic posted:

And the Euro's can always come join us later on once they realize they're not having any fun

I figured we were splitting because of numbers, but if theres not enough then I guess play together? Just a bit frustrating when you get on and then have to play in goal because theres 10 people on already.

(Also because Americans are bad at fifa)

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive had a report filed for me by a ps3 parmo who I trust and he's let me know who the good players are and who the bad players are and quite frakly I think its best we split apart, tho you can have fluo.

I cant say who my source is, Andre Le Fuckface made me promise not to tell.

A lot of the bad parmo players kind of fizzled out over the years, there is one who pops up once in a while in the fifa/parmo threads getting angsty because we wouldn't pass the ball to his 6'7" striker.

I mostly play with Americans in Parmo 14 anyway so I'm cool with that, the banter is great on the US Parmo!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Idk about this I was told, and this is a direct quote "NattyBo is loving awful and plays like he's got no thumbs"

I mean I cant comment because Ive not played with any of you.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
*in fluo voice* top banter

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

*in fluo voice* top banter

*in fluo voice*

mmfhfmh fhmhfmf mfhmmmfhmhfmh beer mhfmfmf (because you can't understand what he says)

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

Idk about this I was told, and this is a direct quote "NattyBo is loving awful and plays like he's got no thumbs"

I mean I cant comment because Ive not played with any of you.

I can't talk about ps3 era, but last season in fifa14 he was awesome. #420sweg

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Duncan Sperguson posted:

*in fluo voice*

mmfhfmh fhmhfmf mfhmmmfhmhfmh beer mhfmfmf (because you can't understand what he says)

Yeah, thick Bristolian accent. :(

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Parmos used to be drama-free fwiw

Euro Parms makes me sad, but I understand the reasons, late nights, bitterness over the whole colonies thing, collapsing empire, etc etc.

I'll miss Jay and Dopee, you guys are p good and solid dudes

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Parmos used to be drama-free fwiw

So was the Xbox version, I dont know why you guys think its so controversial

TheBigAristotle posted:

Euro Parms makes me sad, but I understand the reasons, late nights, bitterness over the whole colonies thing, collapsing empire, etc etc.

etc etc = not enjoying relegations, liking playing with good players

TheBigAristotle posted:

I'll miss Jay and Dopee, you guys are p good and solid dudes

No ones stopping people from transfering! I know Americans who play on Euro time

In fact we dont have to do it at all, I just thought there was a concensus

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

We could just make it the one club and then play at different times, but I think the Euro lot will get bored of bailing you out of division 6 all the time

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, those are fighting words

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
So as a Canadian, do I go with the American or Euro Parmos? This is like when my parents divorced and they made me choose between them.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Duncan Sperguson posted:

We could just make it the one club and then play at different times, but I think the Euro lot will get bored of bailing you out of division 6 all the time

When they added only 1 team playing at the same time was when we split last time, as it was annoying to not be able to play as there was too many people on

I dont think any of the Xbox people I played with took it too seriously (since Hardflip left) but no one likes losing due to bad players as opposed to being unlucky.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Uniballer posted:

So as a Canadian, do I go with the American or Euro Parmos? This is like when my parents divorced and they made me choose between them.

Who did you choose?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

Is there an easy way to get higher skill moves on my pro, I always feel limited in my ability to look fully sick while playing because the game doesn't let me do the cool moves

Uniballer
May 14, 2005

Some guy bought me this avatar as a reward for defeating Skizzzer in Internet Hockey. I have slain the mighty! Also, Taylor Hall is gay.
My dad because he was working most of the time, and I could Smoke Weed 420 Everyday. I was 17 at the time.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Used to be you could just do juggling tricks in the arena to get 5 stars but now I think it's like "Use skill to go around 50 players" type poo poo, so you have to let it level a bit. I got mine up pretty high by doing a few pub matches and spamming stepovers while I watched Preppers on Netflix.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

When they added only 1 team playing at the same time was when we split last time, as it was annoying to not be able to play as there was too many people on

I dont think any of the Xbox people I played with took it too seriously (since Hardflip left) but no one likes losing due to bad players as opposed to being unlucky.

PS4 Americans aren't like Xbox Americans, Parmo in FIFA14 ended with me and Americans still playing everyone else bailed for games like Watch Dogs.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

No ones stopping people from transfering! I know Americans who play on Euro time

Well I work 9-5 EST, and for all I know, I could have a bad rap on that secret scouting report of yours.

Also to the point about getting relegated, Parmos first team (you know who you are) was always in the top 3 divisions, or dragging the club back up anyway

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

We had lots of good times and very little drama in the PS4 Parmos Virtual Club, from what I remember. Decent amount of coughing and my SO occasionally asking "What are you ripping?"

e: Did we ever even get below 3rd div?

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Is there an easy way to get higher skill moves on my pro, I always feel limited in my ability to look fully sick while playing because the game doesn't let me do the cool moves

You can either ask someone higher level than you to gift you some buffs/moves, but generally over time you will unlock traits like bicycle kick, skilled dribbling and such. You can only have five active at a time though, I normally went Acrobatic Clearance, Swerve Pass, Fancy Flicks and such. http://fifaaddiction.com/pro-and-clubs/traits-explained/ From fifa14.

The easy way would be just to play random pubby matches when no Parmos are around.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Fluo posted:

You can either ask someone higher level than you to gift you some buffs/moves, but generally over time you will unlock traits like bicycle kick, skilled dribbling and such. You can only have five active at a time though, I normally went Acrobatic Clearance, Swerve Pass, Fancy Flicks and such. http://fifaaddiction.com/pro-and-clubs/traits-explained/ From fifa14.

The easy way would be just to play random pubby matches when no Parmos are around.

he means actual skill moves not traits, he wants a 5 star skiller so he can do double mcgeady turns like he does in h2h to make me ragequit

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Well I work 9-5 EST, and for all I know, I could have a bad rap on that secret scouting report of yours.

Also to the point about getting relegated, Parmos first team (you know who you are) was always in the top 3 divisions, or dragging the club back up anyway

The report mainly says "put fluo and nattybo on mute so you dont have to listen to boring brewing chat"

Lots of fake shots to get the numbers of "evaded player with skill" stats up usually. I havent seen a list of the achievements for your pro

Fluo posted:

youre talking abotu something completely different

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

Duncan Sperguson posted:

he means actual skill moves not traits, he wants a 5 star skiller so he can do double mcgeady turns like he does in h2h to make me ragequit

Certain achievements give you stars, it's usually doing skill moves around opponents. So it's still easiest to go into a pub match and spam stepover, after you get your friends to gift you boosts and whatnot.

I really do miss pulling the packaging off of a new Fifa game and immediately loading up arena to do keepy uppy until I had 5 stars.

e: People can't gift you stars on your skill moves, but gifting you acceleration etc. will make it easier for you to ding the achievements that do give you stars.

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

black.lion posted:

Certain achievements give you stars, it's usually doing skill moves around opponents. So it's still easiest to go into a pub match and spam stepover, after you get your friends to gift you boosts and whatnot.

I really do miss pulling the packaging off of a new Fifa game and immediately loading up arena to do keepy uppy until I had 5 stars.

e: People can't gift you stars on your skill moves, but gifting you acceleration etc. will make it easier for you to ding the achievements that do give you stars.

hmm ok ill do this and light up the pro world with my Ronaldo chops ftw

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Duncan Sperguson posted:

Ohhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

black.lion posted:

We had lots of good times and very little drama in the PS4 Parmos Virtual Club, from what I remember. Decent amount of coughing and my SO occasionally asking "What are you ripping?"

e: Did we ever even get below 3rd div?

Yes. It was mostly Div 1-3, but every so often there would be a meltdown and we'd fall to like Div 6.

The Big Taff Man posted:

The report mainly says "put fluo and nattybo on mute so you dont have to listen to boring brewing chat"

lol I'm aware of some beer chat, but not enough to elicit a mute. Then again, Fluos' accent is strong, it could have just flown under the radar

• Locked thread