Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

sweet geek swag posted:

If you are going to combine multiple bodies together you need to create a soul amalgam or use advanced soul binding techniques. Just don't create a soul amalgam out of multiple souls which are all as smart as you. There is a like a 40% chance that it will be a super genius who figures out how to break free of you. This goes double for dragons, who are almost always super smart. Realigning the soul binding on the bodies is harder, but produces a much more reliable servant.

Wait wait wait, so there is the possibility of the reanimated skeletal dragon retaining some or all of its intelligence? Would it then be a dracolich? Unholy gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
im more of a ho-hum wizzard

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Wait wait wait, so there is the possibility of the reanimated skeletal dragon retaining some or all of its intelligence? Would it then be a dracolich? Unholy gently caress!

It wouldn't be a dracolich unless it had a phylactery. This would just be a free skeletal dragon. If you killed it again it would stay dead.
The more powerful and magic a creature is the more holes in the spells that keep it bound. The more intelligent the mind of the soul bound to the undead is, the more likely it will find one of those holes. A powerful, magic intelligent being such as a dragon is very hard to control without the use of advanced binding techniques.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I don't think dracoliches are worth the effort. Sure they're big and scary, and let's be honest, super fuckin cool, but it's a huge drag to come up with the materials and reagents. And getting a whole dragon carcass delivered? Forget it.

Maybe if you raised a dragon from whelpling on up and had decades to prepare, I guess. But I'd rather just send some skeletal minions in. Faster, cheaper, and when the first few platoons get wiped out by heroes, you don't feel like you lost a major investment

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
please don't enslave dracoliches, seriously folks, these are conscious creatures. i used to work for one, very nice fellow, discounted me a significant portion of my soul at the end of my term of employment.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Tiny Deer posted:

The path to good is a slippery slope, you have to stay alert. Never play with nature magic, it's almost as bad as the loving gibbon talking about 'evil barding'. Song is inherently harmonic, dum-dums, harmony = GOOD. You're just asking for some beautiful and innocent maiden to ensnare your heart with her pure voice if you gently caress with it.

FALSE. It is a well-known fact that devils are the best musicians and the font of harmonic power from which bards and other musicians draw.

Especially metal. :rock:

nomadologique posted:

please don't enslave dracoliches, seriously folks, these are conscious creatures. i used to work for one, very nice fellow, discounted me a significant portion of my soul at the end of my term of employment.

You know, becoming an immortal dragon lich is kind of my endgame, that's why I've turned the sun red and the land to ash with my defiling magics in my quest for unlife singularity.

All within The Laws, obviously. Everything has a price.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

FALSE. It is a well-known fact that devils are the best musicians and the font of harmonic power from which bards and other musicians draw.

Especially metal. :rock:

You know, becoming an immortal dragon lich is kind of my endgame, that's why I've turned the sun red and the land to ash with my defiling magics in my quest for unlife singularity.

All within The Laws, obviously. Everything has a price.

yo did you do that thing where you create an Obsidian Desert? that sounds rad as gently caress

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If I wanted to obey laws I'd become some paladin's bootlick. I became an evil wizard so I could surpass mortality, shatter the bonds of the physical world, and SHOW THAT loving ASSWIPE TODD THAT I AM NOT A BITCH

gently caress YOU TODD

HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING MY UNDYING poo poo-SLAVE? gently caress YOU POLISH MY CHAMBER-POT WITH THE DESSICATED REMNANTS OF YOUR OWN SCALP

THAT IS WHAT YOU GET FOR PICKING ON ME IN SCHOOL TODD

AND NO I DON'T CARE IF IT HAPPENED ALMOST TWENTY YEARS AGO REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD AND ALSO A IN CHAMBER POT FILLED WITH LIQUID FECES

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Goa Tse-tung posted:

yo did you do that thing where you create an Obsidian Desert? that sounds rad as gently caress

Yes, and a Sea of Ash, too! All the hosed up poo poo of the ocean but with the blind aeons of eternity and stone!

Defiling magic is totes hella rad.

Screaming Idiot posted:

If I wanted to obey laws I'd become some paladin's bootlick. I became an evil wizard so I could surpass mortality, shatter the bonds of the physical world, and SHOW THAT loving ASSWIPE TODD THAT I AM NOT A BITCH

gently caress YOU TODD

HOW DO YOU LIKE BEING MY UNDYING poo poo-SLAVE? gently caress YOU POLISH MY CHAMBER-POT WITH THE DESSICATED REMNANTS OF YOUR OWN SCALP

THAT IS WHAT YOU GET FOR PICKING ON ME IN SCHOOL TODD

AND NO I DON'T CARE IF IT HAPPENED ALMOST TWENTY YEARS AGO REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD AND ALSO A IN CHAMBER POT FILLED WITH LIQUID FECES

You know, being mad about The Laws existing is exactly like being one of those human teenagers loudly, vaguely mad about someone called "SkyDaddy" and their opinions on his followers...

Except The Laws are real and worth throwing a hissy fit over.

Also, good luck with Todd! I'm sure he deserves it.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, and a Sea of Ash, too! All the hosed up poo poo of the ocean but with the blind aeons of eternity and stone!

Defiling magic is totes hella rad.

Oh that was you? Nice job, man. Word of that even made it all the way here to the Midlands.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Guys, if you come across one of the 19 Tomes of Taroix the Master of Beasts and Darkness please be advised that the titles are a misprinting. He was actually the master of Breasts and Darkness. I used one of his spells while battling my nemesis Daralia the White Sorceress and her tits doubled in size. It was very embarrassing and now my local magic-user community thinks I'm a gross pervert.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Who What Now posted:

Guys, if you come across one of the 19 Tomes of Taroix the Master of Beasts and Darkness please be advised that the titles are a misprinting. He was actually the master of Breasts and Darkness. I used one of his spells while battling my nemesis Daralia the White Sorceress and her tits doubled in size. It was very embarrassing and now my local magic-user community thinks I'm a gross pervert.

what kind of evil wizard are you that worries about that poo poo?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
A respectable one. :colbert:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Who What Now posted:

i dont care about your respect when i can wrest your longing from your heart and do what i want with it what the hell did you guys get your evil wizard phd for goddamn

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

For what it's worth, don't waste your time with kobold skeletons. Too fragile to do much with, tbh

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

sneakyfrog posted:

i dont care about your respect when i can wrest your longing from your heart and do what i want with it what the hell did you guys get your evil wizard phd for goddamn

It's called class. Yeah sure we could all just fall into endless depravity, casting bizzare sex magic from lurid tomes bound in moaning flesh upon helpless cleric maidens but being evil doesn't mean you have to be a creep.

In this line of work you end up fighting the same heroes or their ancestors again and again and no one wants to be the guy who "made grandmas tits the size of a beanbag" Hell, killing someone is mostly an inconvenience these days with resurrection costs at an all time low (Thanks Orcbama). Tie them up in a complicated murder-trap or feed them to a gelatinous cube anything other than ramming a haunted crystal up someone's rear end.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.and everyone has scrying pools now so don't think your local Malevolency Rotary Club doesn't keep tabs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Arkanomen posted:

It's called class. Yeah sure we could all just fall into endless depravity, casting bizzare sex magic from lurid tomes bound in moaning flesh upon helpless cleric maidens but being evil doesn't mean you have to be a creep.

In this line of work you end up fighting the same heroes or their ancestors again and again and no one wants to be the guy who "made grandmas tits the size of a beanbag" Hell, killing someone is mostly an inconvenience these days with resurrection costs at an all time low (Thanks Orcbama). Tie them up in a complicated murder-trap or feed them to a gelatinous cube anything other than ramming a haunted crystal up someone's rear end.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.and everyone has scrying pools now so don't think your local Malevolency Rotary Club doesn't keep tabs.

:corsair: I guess i just figured that was so silly to worry about that, when eventually you live in a castle built out of their skulls and souls? :shrug:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Oh, the old 'it was just a typo, babe!'

You know what really impresses a sorceress? Respect, you pig. I heard all about your 'accidental' spell casting. Sure was weird how it 'just happened' right next to the Fountains of Illure and you 'oopsed' the fireball that blew them up and soaked everything in the vicinity.

Honest bonelords like myself deal with enough innuendo as it is without you goddamn fleshies confirming all wizards are obsessed with their rods of power! Disgusting.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tiny Deer posted:

You know what really impresses a sorceress? Respect, you pig. I heard all about your 'accidental' spell casting. Sure was weird how it 'just happened' right next to the Fountains of Illure and you 'oopsed' the fireball that blew them up and soaked everything in the vicinity.

Honest bonelords like myself deal with enough innuendo as it is without you goddamn fleshies confirming all wizards are obsessed with their rods of power! Disgusting.

heheh

bonelord.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

heheh

bonelord.

The goddamn disrespect.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Tiny Deer posted:

The goddamn disrespect.

*puts big bone boobs on you*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tiny Deer posted:

The man transformed his body into a nightmarish amalgamation of the greatest predators of planes. It turns out having the claws of a fiendish dire-mandril doesnt give you great penmanship so I can hardly be blamed for misreading that! I will admit that destroying the fountains to mask my escape was a bad choice in retrospect, though.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

hey dorks,

it's the waxing gibbous, and my translocating castle appeared on a mountain top again. I was sorta busy with some other projects...I'm not encroaching on anyones territory am I? You can have access to my library (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE IF YOU ARE BANNED). Anyway, I finally got my "Litany of The Sunken Stars" back.. I just need some sulfur, peat moss, and locally grown beets, will trade.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

key party favors posted:

hey dorks,

it's the waxing gibbous, and my translocating castle appeared on a mountain top again. I was sorta busy with some other projects...I'm not encroaching on anyones territory am I? You can have access to my library (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE IF YOU ARE BANNED). Anyway, I finally got my "Litany of The Sunken Stars" back.. I just need some sulfur, peat moss, and locally grown beets, will trade.

if i give you your soul fragment back can i not be banned anymore?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

sneakyfrog posted:

if i give you your soul fragment back can i not be banned anymore?

You have to give back those bone tits you stole too.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

5er posted:

You have to give back those bone tits you stole too.

*sigh* fine.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sneakyfrog posted:

*sigh* fine.

Yo, I have this book that'll teach you how to make your own bone tots on the cheap. I'm willing to trade down, I just gotta get rid of the drat thing.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Who What Now posted:

Well now I want one of these even more. I don't really care what the local community thinks given they're all gonna be my thralls one way or another.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Who What Now posted:

The only kind of respect worth having is self-respect. Nothing else matters. :black101:

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Who What Now posted:

The man transformed his body into a nightmarish amalgamation of the greatest predators of planes. It turns out having the claws of a fiendish dire-mandril doesnt give you great penmanship so I can hardly be blamed for misreading that! I will admit that destroying the fountains to mask my escape was a bad choice in retrospect, though.

Whatever you say, Mr Shrinking Staff.

sneakyfrog posted:

*puts big bone boobs on you*

This shaming of flat chested bonelords has to end!

#allbonesarebeautiful

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

sneakyfrog posted:

lol man no evil wizard worth his salt goes past an mba in applied deviltry, you're just getting a bunch of academic BS without any of the real world application in a phd program

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Usually all that is left of my enemies is ashes and their eternal sorrow, I kind of wish I had some maidens with lucious, swinging bones around to give me head.

The heads of my enemies, that is. I don't have a wiener on the traditional sense anymore, I don't think, the process of becoming an immortal dracolich-king is kind of weird.

mostlytigerproof
Jul 12, 2015

Hey fellow wizards, I have a worrisome chesty cough. How do I know if it's a case of Tome Lung?

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

sneakyfrog posted:

*sigh* fine.

I want that bone tit!

Last time I let you into the library you mixed up the codexes and Librams. I told you to leave any tome you take from the shelves ON THE DESKS! You will mess up my organization otherwise! ...anyway my castle should. Vanish after the full moon on the first waning gibbous... everyone here knows the drill.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
My buddy Zandor grew a gently caress humonculous out of spare lich genitalia. And that piece of poo poo cave dweller won't give me the recipe. So if you're an adventurer looking to make a spare bit of coin...

Numb Three Ers
Jul 7, 2007
What do you mean it's pronouced "numbers"?
Hey everyone, I have a question about curses, I normally specialize in making magical constructs like golems so it's outside my normal purview. What I want to do is consume the flesh of a virgin in a ritual summoning arcane elements. My issue is due to my Canadian heritage, I run the risk of turning into a Wendigo. Don't get me wrong, being a near immortal murder beast has it's perks, I'm just not at that stage yet.

What should I do?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Numb Three Ers posted:

Hey everyone, I have a question about curses, I normally specialize in making magical constructs like golems so it's outside my normal purview. What I want to do is consume the flesh of a virgin in a ritual summoning arcane elements. My issue is due to my Canadian heritage, I run the risk of turning into a Wendigo. Don't get me wrong, being a near immortal murder beast has it's perks, I'm just not at that stage yet.

What should I do?

There has to be an unbound wendigo spirit that can fuse its ethereal form to your now tainted soul. Make sure your spirit wards are up to date and you should be fine. I minored in dark shamanism so if you need any advice on subjugating malevolent spirits to your evil will then let me know.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
The neighbour's kid keeps hanging around my tower wanting to be my apprentice. I wouldn't mind an apprentice really but this kid is dumb as poo poo. I don't even know if he's worth dismembering for spare parts for my flesh golem.

I think I'll just harvest his soul and use it as a porch light.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Space Taxi posted:

The neighbour's kid keeps hanging around my tower wanting to be my apprentice. I wouldn't mind an apprentice really but this kid is dumb as poo poo. I don't even know if he's worth dismembering for spare parts for my flesh golem.

Give him a test. One you don't expect him to survive. Just keep making tests you don't expect him to survive and he'll serve his purpose, you might even get an actual apprentice out of it.

Just make sure he doesn't resent you, learn how to kill you, or have an opportunity to do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Space Taxi posted:

In my experience, if it ain't bright upstairs, it ain't gonna light up the driveway. You're probably better off just turning him into a bog standard misshapen, shambling corpse and aim him in the general direction of the town.

Re: the wendigo problem - have you considered body-swapping for the duration of your incantation? Might let you sneak around bloodline concerns, and you can have a night on the town where you dissolve someone's friends and family and the last thing they see is a loved one inflicting limitless agony?

• Locked thread