Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRAISE THE SUN
Feb 1, 2018
So just entering SHARETHELOVE gets you 30 free days of prem or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

PRAISE THE SUN posted:

So just entering SHARETHELOVE gets you 30 free days of prem or what?

Not if you've been subscribed recently.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Which I read as let's nerf skank tanks, call it a day, and not address the underlying issues i.e. tank stats being total garbage in PvP and lack of Jugg/PT/Sin DPS survivability as to why skank tanks exist in the first place. A straight nerf to skank tanks will mean 3 less AC's that are Ranked viable at a time when you already have less than a quarter of specs being Ranked capable.

Also incoming whining about Izax rewards being VM only...

Maybe I'm blind/dumb, but where do they mention nerfing skank tanks? My love for my PvP sin is like the only unique thing that keeps me coming back to this game... I really hope they don't screw it up. What are they talking about doing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Hakarne posted:

Maybe I'm blind/dumb, but where do they mention nerfing skank tanks? My love for my PvP sin is like the only unique thing that keeps me coming back to this game... I really hope they don't screw it up. What are they talking about doing?

Not in the roadmap, but in the thread post here.

quote:

Yup! 5.9 actually has some Utility changes for various classes and some changes planned to address "skank tanks" in PvP. We will share details on that closer to 5.8 going out the door.

-eric

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Cythereal posted:

One of the devs really, really loved Vette.

It was a dev lady talking about Fenris from DA2 and given the hell she caught from internet shitheads over that quote she can gigglesquee all she wants

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Blockhouse posted:

It was a dev lady talking about Fenris from DA2 and given the hell she caught from internet shitheads over that quote she can gigglesquee all she wants

Then it wasn't the only time the term came up. Gigglesquee was also used by a Bioware dev to describe Sera in DAI.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
People remember it in so many different ways. The actual context of the comment is that the writer for Merrill in DA2 (Mary Kirby) showed the dialogue to someone else on the writing team (Sheryl Chee) and they thought it was cute:

Merrill (in-game): (something unbelievably cute)
Sheryl: GIGGLESQUEE!!!!! SO CUTE!!!
Mary: Hee hee.
Sheryl: She's so adorable I love her and want to hug her omgIcan'tbelievehowadorablesheisCAN-I-NOM-HER-HEAD?!
Mary: ... No.

(via the Bioware social forums which are gone now but you can probably find this excerpt in plenty of places)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I mean, I don't know what the deep background of that who she is or what horrible poo poo assholes made fun of her with down the road, but taken totally in isolation "GIGGLE SQUEE CAN I NOM NOM HER HEAD" is pretty worth mocking on its own merits.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
All of those characters were garbage. Sera was the very embodiment of lolrandom BEEEEES! I benched her permanently the moment she was introduced.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Preechr posted:

All of those characters were garbage. Sera was the very embodiment of lolrandom BEEEEES! I benched her permanently the moment she was introduced.

The 'LOL stole their pants' line pretty much guaranteed permanent benching with me and I was told repeatedly on the Bioware forums that I really needed to give Sera a try because she gets better later on. I watched clips on Youtube and no she doesn't, and the romance with her is pretty abusive along with a carpet munching comment more suited for a preteen boy writing a lesbian character rather than seasoned writers..

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man I've opened a gajillion Tier 4 crates and have never seen this mount before, Feirocian Cruiser.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Man I've opened a gajillion Tier 4 crates and have never seen this mount before, Feirocian Cruiser.

Space pimpmobile.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

i logged in and healed a couple of dungeons

it was fun

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Guild EV was also fun.

I died, but I always manage to die. Its a real talent of mine.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Is this one of those games where i should sub from some third party place bc "benefits" or can i just go direct

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

Is this one of those games where i should sub from some third party place bc "benefits" or can i just go direct

Best deal if you are good with subbing for 90 days is through Amazon (assuming you're US), same price as subbing through the site with a few extra perks (extra cartel coins)

Second best is for 60 days Origin which is again, same price as subbing through the site but comes with extra cartel coins and a mount.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

so whats changed in the last year

seems like they added a new pvp warzone (yavin)

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

so whats changed in the last year

Nothing of note

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Nipponophile posted:

Nothing of note

Well poo poo, why am i gonna waste my time coming back man

I'm stuck in the middle of some robot planet in the storyline.

EDIT: They also got rid of the Ravage animation, and I feel like that one obsessed motherfucker with the BH jet rocketpack animation guy. Ravage's animation was fuckin' awesome

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Feb 20, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the replacement isn't nearly as good

the Jedi version with the spinning leaping slash is way cooler

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Speaking of Mr. Tracer Missile, does anyone have the custom avatar picture he had before he got banned? It was a fat dude hunched over with a goofy-rear end grin and it made me laugh harder than anything else ever on the forums. I'm not sure what's so special about it but it's magical to me

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

the replacement isn't nearly as good

the Jedi version with the spinning leaping slash is way cooler

The new Ravage animation is definitely mediocre but mechanically it’s one of the best changes BW has made. It totally transformed Warrior play.

I love destroying fotm Mercs on my Marauder. You can feel the panic as they try to keyboard turn and hard cast Tracer while I dance around with all instant attacks.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

i dont think we can really call mercs fotm if people have been saying that since i was playing last

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mercs were utter garbage in PvP from 2.0-5.0. They really only got overpowered with 5.0.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Medullah posted:

Mercs were utter garbage in PvP from 2.0-5.0. They really only got overpowered with 5.0.

5.0: november 2016

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fancy new datamined stuff.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
That first lightsaber :stare:

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

That second thing looks like a rejected burning crusade epic

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

godda admit, I dig the robo-lizard.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Statutory Ape posted:

i dont think we can really call mercs fotm if people have been saying that since i was playing last

Once you become the king you stay the king until somebody knocks you off. If Maras were more noob friendly and/or skanks easier to gear they'd be wearing the crown.

But yes, technically Mercs have been overpowered for more than thirty (30) days.

My Mara will definitely be dual'ing these. Vented sabers can gtfo.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Why yes the TLJ red guards' weapons were pretty sweet

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

So does the first one immediately burn off your hands, or....?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Need to loot special gloves before you can use it

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

All these weapons are my gifts to you people.

Enjoy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

nonentity posted:

Enjoy.

I think they're beautiful and I apologize in advance for all the people who are angry the one isn't a real whip sword with whip animations.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Medullah posted:

I think they're beautiful and I apologize in advance for all the people who are angry the one isn't a real whip sword with whip animations.

wait, it isnt?

wtf?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Statutory Ape posted:

wait, it isnt?

wtf?

SWTOR doesn't have whips as a weapon.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

nonentity posted:

Enjoy.

"Amazeballs"

~Abraham Lincoln

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Medullah posted:

The picture is to small for detail, but is the chemlizard rider also wearing a new armor set?