Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

it's pretty obvious that, well, sometimes poo poo happens, doesn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Look, we gave everyone more than enough access to AZ to keep them safe. And, if they died after taking it, it's their fault for taking it in the first place despite the best medical advice on the matter which I did everything in my power to override.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
He doesn't hold the vaccine syringe okay.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Labor is now the punter favourite to win the next election.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

believe it when I see it

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Labor is always the favourite, right up until they start counting.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

bowmore posted:

believe it when I see it

https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/politics/australian-federal-politics/next-federal-election-47th-parliament-of-australia-4664855

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

Anidav posted:

Sportsbet might as well pay out early then

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Anidav posted:

Last election Sportsbet paid out Labor bets early, it was so sure they were going to win.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

SuddenCactus posted:

He doesn't hold the vaccine syringe okay.

He was in charge when they choose the vaccine that disproportionately benefitted one of his cabinet members, he was in charge when they picked the people who'd run the rollout, he was in charge when they discovered the alarming clotting side effect, he was in charge when they encouraged people to get it anyway (and did so himself), he was in charge when people started dying. But he doesn't hold the vaccine?

This is some reverse 'I was just following orders' horse poo poo. If the concentration camp guard wasn't responsible, and Hitler wasn't responsible... who the gently caress was responsible?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Konomex posted:

He was in charge when they choose the vaccine that disproportionately benefitted one of his cabinet members, he was in charge when they picked the people who'd run the rollout, he was in charge when they discovered the alarming clotting side effect, he was in charge when they encouraged people to get it anyway (and did so himself), he was in charge when people started dying. But he doesn't hold the vaccine?

This is some reverse 'I was just following orders' horse poo poo. If the concentration camp guard wasn't responsible, and Hitler wasn't responsible... who the gently caress was responsible?

didnt you watch the statement? you are

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that's not what I meant but sure

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Ian Stewart Mellowship refused bail after allegedly threatening to harm Treasurer Josh Frydenberg

quote:

A West Australian man accused of travelling to Canberra to "flog" Treasurer Josh Frydenberg is behind bars after he was refused bail in the ACT Magistrates Court today.

The court heard Ian Stewart Mellowship had gone to the Treasury building as well as Parliament House, telling security staff about his plan.

Representing himself, he told the court he should be released.

"I'm one of the kindest people in the community – there's no need for bail to be refused," Mr Mellowship said.

Chief Magistrate Walker refused him bail, and also refused to accept his guilty pleas.

She invited him to seek legal advice, suggesting the stakes were high.

"You are looking at the prospect of going to prison," she said.

She also told the court she had concerns about Mr Mellowship's fitness to plead.

In response, Mr Mellowship said there was no need for an assessment about his fitness to enter a plea.

"I'm understanding ... I am not a retard," he said.

The case will be back in court next month.

Honorary Queenslander.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Konomex posted:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Not licking enough boot to be that.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Konomex posted:

Yeah but didn't you see? Last year everyone was thinking Pfizer would be hard to deal with because of needing low temperature, and at the time they didn't know AZ could have side effects and what were they meant to do, buy vaccine that could have possibly not been used?

The way he makes excuses, the weasel.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

He said he was sorry. What more do you jackals want from him?

I mean God has forgiven him, why can't you?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/chaserinterns/status/1418172515050946560?s=21

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

didnt you watch the statement? you are

Why would I willingly watch Scumo? I try to glean what he said from headlines. I was surprised he apologised, but turns out he didn't.

I also don't hold the drat needle, or an appointment for that matter.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't read the posts, mate.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Still aren't allowed to get a shot in the ACT under forty unless you got Circumstances, which isn't great

E: Haha

https://twitter.com/ACTHealth/status/1417589631181156352

https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/1417766665735970817

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 22, 2021

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I've seen this posted online a couple of times, and I'm more than confident this isn't an expiry date (2018.07.15). Is there anyone who knows enough about product packaging to answer if boxes like this get date stamped before being labelled? A blank box sitting around for a year or so, which ends up getting the AstraZeneca label printed on it because it fits the appropriate sized vials? I'm really itching to tell people they are wrong and dumb, but I can't get the info I want with terms like "box manufacture printing date" and things of that nature.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

TheMostFrench posted:

I've seen this posted online a couple of times, and I'm more than confident this isn't an expiry date (2018.07.15). Is there anyone who knows enough about product packaging to answer if boxes like this get date stamped before being labelled? A blank box sitting around for a year or so, which ends up getting the AstraZeneca label printed on it because it fits the appropriate sized vials? I'm really itching to tell people they are wrong and dumb, but I can't get the info I want with terms like "box manufacture printing date" and things of that nature.

I don't think you could convince anyone who buys that image as proof of a conspiracy that it's fake due to some quirk of how dates go on packaging sometimes, wether or not that's the case

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I keep smelling manure; I hate manure!

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 22, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, you're saying that the text which is darker, bolder, in a different font and less out of focus might be fake?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

The fact that "I don't hold an X" will haunt Scotty's political career is pretty funny when you consider that whole debacle was purely about optics and there is absolutely no need or reason for a PM to be involved in a bushfire response beyond opening the federal wallet.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

freebooter posted:

The fact that "I don't hold an X" will haunt Scotty's political career is pretty funny when you consider that whole debacle was purely about optics and there is absolutely no need or reason for a PM to be involved in a bushfire response beyond opening the federal wallet.

If by haunt you mean people will dunk on him with it on Twitter to no actual effect then yes

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

If by haunt you mean people will dunk on him with it on Twitter to no actual effect then yes

Yeah haunting, something that 1. Has no effect on reality, 2. People irrationally believe in and 3. Isn't real.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If twitter dunks aren't real then why am I crying

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hooman posted:

Yeah haunting, something that 1. Has no effect on reality, 2. People irrationally believe in and 3. Isn't real.

noice

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
there is a tweet haunting australia

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Hmmm hope and pretty please didn't work. Might need to change your strategy Gladys.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

It's a national emergency now because they rolled the dice on not locking down NSW with the rest of the country placed as a wager.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
oof

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Apparently she was asked by a reporter if she had informed Scott about the National Emergency before the presser....heh

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

so basically Berejiklian hosed around and found out... and now says the Federal government has to fix poo poo.

I mean if this is what gets the federal government to actually... do something? Then fine. Fine.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Halo14 posted:

Hmmm hope and pretty please didn't work. Might need to change your strategy Gladys.

'...the covid situation has developed not necessarily to New South Wales' advantage...'

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

TheMostFrench posted:

poland really is the australia of europe

Animal Friend posted:

so basically Berejiklian hosed around and found out... and now says the Federal government has to fix poo poo.

I mean if this is what gets the federal government to actually... do something? Then fine. Fine.

https://i.imgur.com/i6Qqjw6.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Animal Friend posted:

And now NSW is trying to persuade the other states we should give up some of our vaccines to NSW.

A great plan if it had come a few weeks ago accompanied by an early lockdown to ensure the outbreak didn't spread, but there's no loving chance any premier is going to get their states to be on board with the idea when they are now facing down the barrel as well.