Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

graph posted:

there was a penguins playoff game that went to 4 OT in the late-middle of the aughts, on a weeknight, it was so awful

The longest game in that window was the 3OT Stanley Cup Final game.

But, on May 4, 2000, the Flyers defeated the Pens in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Semis, with the Flyers scoring at 152:01

Yes, they played 92 extra minutes of a 60 minute game. It is the third longest game in NHL history and the longest in the post-1967 era.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TheBizzness posted:

If the bolts lose that game, I sincerely believe they do not win the cup that year.

A better timeline

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I enjoyed the high-stakes mariners home game in 2022 that went into extreme boring overtime innings. 18 innings total! Ending with a wet fart 1-0 loss.

Lmao all around

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

elime anning posted:

God yes. He would not shut the gently caress up. He was mumbling as the game winning play was happening! Shut up dude!!

That or be screaming and hooting and hollering. Show some goddamn emotion, no one cares about an empty suit droning to fill airtime.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

post hole digger posted:

They won’t do it but I’d love it if fox bringing in Brady meant cbs had Greg Olsen replace Romo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Tony Romo sucks

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Tony Romo sucks

leverage

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Tony was great his first season because he was still able to use his knowledge of the teams from playing and it was a breath of fresh air for how much of a borefest CBS normally is...

...then the honeymoon phase wore off. Hard.

EDIT: I'll still take Romo over Simms. Either way I'm grateful the NFC East plays mostly on Fox.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1757533954528231510?s=20

One of the doomed starting OL from the Bucs Super Bowl thrashing redeems himself 3 years later.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Kevino07 posted:

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1757533954528231510?s=20

A tough motherfucker. Probably costs him a big payday in the off-season though. :(

How he managed to blow a UCL in that position is kinda weird but I doubt that costs any sort of payday. He’s not throwing the football so UCL isn’t very important and not that difficult to come back from. There’s always Tommy John too which has a solid recovery.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

A Korean remake of Leverage...

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It continues to surprise me how k-dramas and movies and music have suddenly exploded in the West, and not with the dork squad like anime did

Like, Korean is an incredibly hard language to learn, and it’s not like any of it is stuff we don’t have here, idgi

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

The Dave posted:

Tony was great his first season because he was still able to use his knowledge of the teams from playing and it was a breath of fresh air for how much of a borefest CBS normally is...

...then the honeymoon phase wore off. Hard.

EDIT: I'll still take Romo over Simms. Either way I'm grateful the NFC East plays mostly on Fox.

I don't think it's JUST that. A ton of people gave Romo HUGE amounts of poo poo for being too technical and too enthusiastic. It feels like it dawned on him that working hard just to get poo poo on, when being lazy still gets him paid infinite money, was dumb.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

That one was amazing.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

sean10mm posted:

I don't think it's JUST that. A ton of people gave Romo HUGE amounts of poo poo for being too technical and too enthusiastic. It feels like it dawned on him that working hard just to get poo poo on, when being lazy still gets him paid infinite money, was dumb.

You are forgetting he played for the Cowboys, so he's actually incapable of choosing to be intelligent and can only accidentally back into it.

(gently caress the Cowboys)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Dave posted:

(gently caress the Cowboys)

:hmmyes:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I was wondering just where in the hell Jason Kelce found a luchador mask:

https://twitter.com/courtreporterKG/status/1757550613976510889

and the answer appears to be: on a random dance floor

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1757797724186193928

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It continues to surprise me how k-dramas and movies and music have suddenly exploded in the West, and not with the dork squad like anime did

Like, Korean is an incredibly hard language to learn, and it’s not like any of it is stuff we don’t have here, idgi

K-pop

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/KCSportsNetwork/status/1757798648836989034?s=20

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

I was wondering just where in the hell Jason Kelce found a luchador mask:

https://twitter.com/courtreporterKG/status/1757550613976510889

and the answer appears to be: on a random dance floor

https://twitter.com/BrianMFloyd/status/1757797724186193928

Who among us could resist such an opportunity?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
BTW I read that that was the last time old those old guys on CBS's pre-game and half-time show are likely to be employed as their contracts were all expiring at the end of this season.

James Brown has signed a new contract, but Bill Cowher, Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms could all be gone.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
But where had the mask been before?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Gatts posted:

But where had the mask been before?

I hear Strong Bad rolls with the Kelce bros’ entourage, so you can connect the dots.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Kelce's are going to be on TV for the rest of our lives.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is it possible to get my av photoshopped with a Chiefs hat and glowing red eyes like in that Biden tweet? And also darkened like the Biden tweet?

It's a little late but I've been needing a new av for awhile and this is as good an excuse as any to get one.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 14, 2024

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

The Kelce's are going to be on TV for the rest of our lives.

At least Jason seems like a down to earth cool guy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The next American civil war will be Kelces versus Mannings

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That’s not a civil war, that’s a revolution

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

I. M. Gei posted:

Is it possible to get my av photoshopped with a Chiefs hat and glowing red eyes like in that Biden tweet? And also darkened like the Biden tweet?

It's a little late but I've been needing a new av for awhile and this is as good an excuse as any to get one.

speaking of

https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/1757825256813695480

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I love working with our Korean office on movie campaigns. It's very exciting stuff and produces cool content and the language looks rad on posters.

Japan is a loving nightmare, but Korea rules.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

It doesn't look like he is running at all actually

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Man my stomach would not look like that in that exact position that I can promise you

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://x.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1757823163528786286?s=20

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

kiimo posted:

Man my stomach would not look like that in that exact position that I can promise you

https://twitter.com/ArtButSports/status/1757828992663433428

Hot Diggity! posted:

It doesn't look like he is running at all actually

yeah not really :v:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1757822399058489569

this kind of poo poo rules because NFL players are held tight as hell by coaches/management, but that poo poo goes out the window during the parade

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Someone said it earlier, but it does feel like a really good advantage of having coordinators that are of no risk to be leave/be poached. I know maybe not for the OC in KC, but Reid is the guy anyway.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

At least Jason seems like a down to earth cool guy

could be a lot worse than them tbh.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

could be a lot worse than them tbh.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

kiimo posted:

I love working with our Korean office on movie campaigns. It's very exciting stuff and produces cool content and the language looks rad on posters.

Japan is a loving nightmare, but Korea rules.

I worked for a Korean car company on a contract for a little bit, and the work culture was absolutely brutal. Somehow worse than when I was at a Japanese OEM!

I was going to go FTE but in the interview they asked me if I drank, since I was going to be flown to Seoul for a month and be expected to get annihilated every evening with the bossmen lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I worked for a Korean car company on a contract for a little bit, and the work culture was absolutely brutal. Somehow worse than when I was at a Japanese OEM!

I was going to go FTE but in the interview they asked me if I drank, since I was going to be flown to Seoul for a month and be expected to get annihilated every evening with the bossmen lol

I am at a Japanese OEM right now and here in NA its fine but back in Japan whoooooooo boy