Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What regions belong in the Pacific Northwest?
Alaska, US
British Columbia, CA
Washington, US
Oregon, US
Idaho, US
Montana, US
Wyoming, US
California, US (MODS PLEASE BAN ANYONE VOTING FOR THIS OPTION TIA)
View Results

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's fair. It really did seem like something good might happen a mere 12 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If it makes you feel better he's not going to get the majority of the votes.

Wait...what? I assume you mean there are a fair share of write-in votes?

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

punk rebel ecks posted:

Wait...what? I assume you mean there are a fair share of write-in votes?

"With more than 90% of the votes counted, Wheeler led Iannarone 47% to 41% as of 10:30 p.m. Write-in candidates, which include community activist Teressa Raiford, had pulled in 12%."

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Truly the dumbest most predictable outcome.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Well, in that case I wonder if those people also voted for Ralph Nader.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
If nothing else, I'm glad Culp ate poo poo as expected. Considering the way 2020 has gone in general there was a tiny part of my brain that refused to accept it was a foregone conclusion.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

therobit posted:

Well, in that case I wonder if those people also voted for Ralph Nader.

I voted for Howie Hawkins, is that enough

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Seconding joy that at least Culp ate poo poo.

Also the psilocybin+decrim holy moses I had completely forgotten that was on the table. Way to go Oregon.

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

Huge relief to see Culp fail, out rural where I live there were hordes of Culp signs. Of course there would be, but still, just a relief.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Pretty wild that Oregon can do all the drugs but they still won't let y'all pump your own gas.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

DrNutt posted:

Pretty wild that Oregon can do all the drugs but they still won't let y'all pump your own gas.

You can't let people pump their own gas, they're high on drugs!

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

^^^ :hmmyes: ^^^

Mischievous Mink posted:

Huge relief to see Culp fail, out rural where I live there were hordes of Culp signs. Of course there would be, but still, just a relief.

The PNW has had vote-by-mail for longer, which means we've already turned out all the quiet cranks and created a turnout habit much higher than the country at-large.

Source: We're already at 77.4% return rate with two weeks of mail ballots to come.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

"With more than 90% of the votes counted, Wheeler led Iannarone 47% to 41% as of 10:30 p.m. Write-in candidates, which include community activist Teressa Raiford, had pulled in 12%."

Is Teressa Raiford good?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
She's good for Ted Wheeler.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Mischievous Mink posted:

The thing about signs is that its usually just a couple of fanatics that are placing them all over the place and not an indication of support.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if you're actually curious about how the different areas of town voted in the PDX mayoral race i'd encourage you to check out the multco precinct results. they have a breakdown of the vote totals for each individual precinct

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Really glad the sex ed bill passed and that it passed by lot - I expected that to be a lot closer. It also looks like my district will stay flipped to Schrier as well. I still think it's absurd that King County had to vote to fund Harborview though.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I know this is a scary and tough time but I hope this will make you feel better.

https://twitter.com/AustinJenkinsN3/status/1324089509781229568

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Really glad the sex ed bill passed and that it passed by lot - I expected that to be a lot closer. It also looks like my district will stay flipped to Schrier as well. I still think it's absurd that King County had to vote to fund Harborview though.

Yeah, I think aside from Lt. Gov, all the state wide races I voted for went as I voted.

I wish for my local district (the 37th), Chukundi ran for the 1st position for rep as a challenger to Sharon Tomiko Santos, so we could have him and Kirsten Harris Talley repping us. Oh well, happy with the KHT win.

The Oldest Man posted:

I know this is a scary and tough time but I hope this will make you feel better.

:yeshaha:

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

The Oldest Man posted:

Right in the veins.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Yeah, I think aside from Lt. Gov, all the state wide races I voted for went as I voted.

I wish for my local district (the 37th), Chukundi ran for the 1st position for rep as a challenger to Sharon Tomiko Santos, so we could have him and Kirsten Harris Talley repping us. Oh well, happy with the KHT win.
Given the Pettigrew endorsement, I'm fairly convinced Chukundi was a stealth conservative paying lip service to progressive causes, which is why he wasn't running against Tomiko Santos.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

The Oldest Man posted:

Thank you for this, you’ve really made my day.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

The Oldest Man posted:

Lol :discourse:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Thanatosian posted:

Given the Pettigrew endorsement, I'm fairly convinced Chukundi was a stealth conservative paying lip service to progressive causes, which is why he wasn't running against Tomiko Santos.

Given he did slip up that he was a bit pro-landlord, I think you might be right.

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

The Oldest Man posted:

Lol.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
The fact that not conceding seems to be getting more common is a very bad thing.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

pthighs posted:

The fact that not conceding seems to be getting more common is a very bad thing.

wish it was this common back in 2000. let's not pretend that this is something that is equally prevalent across the aisle

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

wish it was this common back in 2000. let's not pretend that this is something that is equally prevalent across the aisle

Hell, or even just this spring....

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you're actually curious about how the different areas of town voted in the PDX mayoral race i'd encourage you to check out the multco precinct results. they have a breakdown of the vote totals for each individual precinct

Yeah. That's about what I expected.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I like you can see the upper middle class enclave north of the I 84 in the map.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

The Oldest Man posted:

The man did get famous in the Chudshpere for refusing to do his job, so getting canned shouldn't be a surprise to him.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
He also barely had a job, as the only person in "his department" basically anything that required a real presence was done by the sheriffs anyway. When he says they "defunded the department and with it his job" what he really means is "I got fired and they're not replacing me."

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

therobit posted:

She's good for Ted Wheeler.

will you please shut up about people voting for candidates they support. tactical voting is a scourge.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lazy_Liberal posted:

will you please shut up about people voting for candidates they support. tactical voting is a scourge.
SMDP is the scourge, but the spoiler effect has been talked about for at least 60 years, probably longer (Downs is the dude I've read, there's a good chance there were others before him, though). Let's not pretend there aren't serious downsides to "voting for who you support" in first-past-the-post.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ideally we'd have ranked choice but of course we do not so it sure looks like the failure to merge Raiford and Iannarone support gave us 4 more years of rampant police brutality.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
We have four more years of ted because people voted for him, not because people voted for someone else or didn't vote hth.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

We have four more years of ted because people voted for him, not because people voted for someone else or didn't vote hth.

Actually the value of b matters in a > b.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

This a galaxy brain take on the US political system.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
To be clear, I meant not conceding after the counting is done; never giving a concession speech and not even pretending to be gracious.

People shouldn't concede if there is still a chance they win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

This is Trump-supporter-level denial of basic mathematics.