Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Radical posted:

looks like the viktor changes are on the PBE now, making the DOT on the ult more significant and the shield from his Q scale with his % mana. i dont really know how impactful the laser changes are, but 1.25 seconds for the augmented laser explosion sounds like a long time.

looks like theyre trying to move power away from his poke utility and more into his teamfight ability but they're gonna need to compensate some damage on E or the Dot on the ult is going to need to be really more impactful otherwise its just gonna leave him in a worse position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Mikujin posted:

Drop the Penetration mastery in favor of CDR, I doubt it will affect the clear much (if at all). I'm also curious about whether Machete's on hit is treated as physical or magic when Taric's passive is up (since Machete's bonus damage type flip-flops to match the damage type of whatever attack triggers it).

I got it down to 4:07 with a 35% attack speed, 9 armor page. I had the armor/magic pen mastery.

Now here's the funny thing. I tried out the exact same rune page but swapped to the 5% cooldown mastery. I could just barely kill blue without dying, and red killed me even with the smite HP restore.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I got it down to 4:07 with a 35% attack speed, 9 armor page. I had the armor/magic pen mastery.

Now here's the funny thing. I tried out the exact same rune page but swapped to the 5% cooldown mastery. I could just barely kill blue without dying, and red killed me even with the smite HP restore.

Are you doing Gromp -> Blue -> Red? Or just Blue -> Red?

E: Heck, thinking on it, Stone Bros start - especially with a leash - is probably going to be really, really good for Taric, since he can double-tap the buff every spell. You can probably do Stone Bros into triple-stun on red (via Dazzle) pretty easily to mitigate damage.

E2: Try a start a leash-less start at Golems with Dazzle first, so you can lead the camp with Smite Buff stun into Dazzle stun into Smite Buff stun, rinse and repeat on red (then blue).

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 20, 2016

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

this isn't sounding like a strong case for taric jungle anymore

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Tales of Woe posted:

this isn't sounding like a strong case for taric jungle anymore

Keeping in mind he's currently testing clears with no leash damage. A lot of junglers have rough initial clears without some form or leash (or early trip home). It's really not damning at all, but just a matter of optimizing his leash-less route to further improve his leashed route.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

looks like theyre trying to move power away from his poke utility and more into his teamfight ability but they're gonna need to compensate some damage on E or the Dot on the ult is going to need to be really more impactful otherwise its just gonna leave him in a worse position
They buffed the base damage and the scaling of the E explosion, and buffed his Q scaling (nerfed the base slightly though).

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Mikujin posted:

Are you doing Gromp -> Blue -> Red? Or just Blue -> Red?

E: Heck, thinking on it, Stone Bros start - especially with a leash - is probably going to be really, really good for Taric, since he can double-tap the buff every spell. You can probably do Stone Bros into triple-stun on red (via Dazzle) pretty easily to mitigate damage.

E2: Try a start a leash-less start at Golems with Dazzle first, so you can lead the camp with Smite Buff stun into Dazzle stun into Smite Buff stun, rinse and repeat on red (then blue).

Gromp -> Blue -> Wolves -> Raptors -> Red -> Krugs. I just did a test run with a 6.4 armor pen, 9 armor, 26% attack speed page with the armor/magic pen mastery and cleared in 4:09. Each autoattack did 76 damage; without the armor pen rune page, each autoattack did 70 damage. Trying out your Krug Dazzle start now.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Gromp -> Blue -> Wolves -> Raptors -> Red -> Krugs. I just did a test run with a 6.4 armor pen, 9 armor, 26% attack speed page with the armor/magic pen mastery and cleared in 4:09. Each autoattack did 76 damage; without the armor pen rune page, each autoattack did 70 damage. Trying out your Krug Dazzle start now.

Gromp -> Blue -> Red is the traditional "hit 3 and gank" path. Unless that's changed, it seems kind of tedious to test full clears.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

The changes look like they are moving him away from being a burst mage to more of a control playstyle. The E change makes him easily obliterate creep waves again and the shield changes look legit good.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

Mikujin posted:

Gromp -> Blue -> Red is the traditional "hit 3 and gank" path. Unless that's changed, it seems kind of tedious to test full clears.

Dazzle Krugs are definitely super safe from testing, and a good alternative if you get invaded at blue. You'd need to head straight to blue or back though, since you're out of mana at that point.

Furthermore, a Gromp -> Blue -> Red "clear" is just over 3 minutes. Pretty good if you ask me!

TastyLemonDrops fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 20, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Are they changing all of the other jungle camps to rotate and Dazzle Krugs are just one of the krug variants?

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

rabidsquid posted:

Are they changing all of the other jungle camps to rotate and Dazzle Krugs are just one of the krug variants?

Yes. Whenever someone does Lux jungle, her spells make the Dazzle Krugs strike a pose.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the mordekaiser poo poo rules

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

the mordekaiser poo poo rules

that's the name of my post rock band

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Build yr frozen fists like antennas to Riven

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Dazzle Krugs are definitely super safe from testing, and a good alternative if you get invaded at blue. You'd need to head straight to blue or back though, since you're out of mana at that point.

Furthermore, a Gromp -> Blue -> Red "clear" is just over 3 minutes. Pretty good if you ask me!
It's hard to imagine burning through 300 mana (ignoring any regen) on just Krugs/Red with spells that cost 60. Even then, Krugs/Red/Blue should be just fine for him since smiting blue will give you more blue juice to help clear it. Sounds like at the very least he's got the ability to be a tanky-support jungle.

E: Standard leashing will also go a long way in improving his speed. I'd wager a CDR-oriented rune setup will be totally fine once you factor that in, rather than going for punching bag practice rune setups.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

that's the name of my post rock band

Godspeed You! Boosted Animal

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Q seems like the worst skill to level up first on taric, do yall think W or E is better to max.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

Godspeed You! Boosted Animal

A Silver Mount Targon

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Darth Windu posted:

Q seems like the worst skill to level up first on taric, do yall think W or E is better to max.

:smugwizard: hi friend, i enjoy maxing e but as always, ymmv imho :shopkeeper:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Don't Feed You! Black Alistar

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I imagine that Taric will level R>E>W>Q given the increasing costs on Q and that it only gains 30 HP per rank, while E gains 45 damage and additional stun time per rank, and W double dips with ranks by giving both you AND your buddy more armor (which in turn make your E and passive stronger).

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

:smugwizard: hi friend, i enjoy maxing e but as always, ymmv imho :shopkeeper:

Thank you docter

E w q feels best in jungle at least, his clears are stupid fast after you get your talisman machete item

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

You guys. Youg uys. I have the best post rock league band name.

Kogwai

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Vlad's new E looks baller as gently caress

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

DolphinCop posted:

frozen heart is bad now but it's still better than frozen fist on taric and other defensive supports

I know you are right, but sometimes I just want to be wrong... and how can frosty fist Taric be wrong when it feels so right?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

apparently vlad's E isn't an aoe but a bunch of missiles so a creepwave can block for it? i feel like its gonna be a real pain to actually push out a wave on vlad considering it takes a fair bit of your hp to use

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I just went second item IBG on Taric but to be fair our lane absolutely destroyed them super hard. The level 3 Kindred gank turned into a triple kill for my friend Graves, the Marksman Marksman

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
can taric top lane?

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

rabidsquid posted:

I just went second item IBG on Taric but to be fair our lane absolutely destroyed them super hard. The level 3 Kindred gank turned into a triple kill for my friend Graves, the Marksman Marksman

Graves is a Marksman's Marksman

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Kashuno posted:

can taric top lane?

you can do anything if you believe in yourself

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Darth Windu posted:

you can do anything if you believe in yourself

good enough for me off to try it out maybe

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
pre remake taric was 1000% legit in the top lane but the new design has mechanics that depend on having an ally champion to target so it's probably slightly less effective now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DolphinCop posted:

pre remake taric was 1000% legit in the top lane but the new design has mechanics that depend on having an ally champion to target so it's probably slightly less effective now

Gonna make the big TP plays

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

DolphinCop posted:

you can still W yourself for the shield, you just don't get the double zones without tossing it on a friend

also New Taric does a shitload of damage if you chain spells for the double taps + max E first

like i'm p sure you could take him toplane and just beat the enemy laner to death w/ free trades via W and Q

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 21, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

You guys. Youg uys. I have the best post rock league band name.

Kogwai

Kogwai - This Team

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Vlad's E can also slow now, his Q can give him movespeed, and he doesn't have to first-item spellvamp anymore. Obviously numbers will determine everything but this seems like some massive Vlad buffs.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
So how is Morde/Taric as bot lane?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nobody knows because nobody wants to play Morde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

so far taric has been banned in all my games but im sure hes really cool + handsome in the top lane

tbh i dont even know whats good and what aint in the top lane anymore

• Locked thread