Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

sk posted:

pisscast: when do we finally get shaman of cum, one of the Four Pillars of Wrestlehut, as a guest host

Who are the other 3 Pillars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Who are the other 3 Pillars?
Kars, Esidesi and Whammu.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

The Shaman of Cum posted:

you are a piece of poo poo.

Love you too sweetie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Perigryn posted:

Kars, Esidesi and Whammu.

I don't want to equate SoC with Santana he's more like Esidesi.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

haha even Jim motherfucking Cornette is talking about Rob Ford. Head in hands.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Guys I just realized that we're really close to the time of year when we get the Best of WO/F4W compilation. This pleases me.

e: And by "really close" I mean "over a month away" but whatever I'm excited.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Karmine posted:

Guys I just realized that we're really close to the time of year when we get the Best of WO/F4W compilation. This pleases me.

i don't like all the bad shows they take clips from :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Whatevercast: What cities make you legit excited (or followup question, deflated) when you find out a televised event or PPV is being hosted there, because the crowd is so hot/dead/smarky?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

People need to start posting moments in that thread in the Radio Show section.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I'm having trouble remembering anything that funny. Nothing beats the Lonnie Mayne story from last year.

There was a call-in show right after Bryan started doing those again where some guy just spergs the gently caress out about not liking the product and he's so loving serious about it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

Whatevercast: What cities make you legit excited (or followup question, deflated) when you find out a televised event or PPV is being hosted there, because the crowd is so hot/dead/smarky?

Chicago. Always hot, and the city has had some really fun shows. Chi-Town Rumble '89 (Flair vs Steamboat and the Midnight Express vs the original Midnight Express), WM 13 (not a great show but I think the Chicago crowd helped Austin and Bret do the double turn), MITB 2011 which was the most exciting and enjoyable non-WM show I've ever seen.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Always psyched when it's Chicago or Philly.

If it's in Corpus Christi, always be prepared for the worst crowd in wrestling.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

VogeGandire posted:

Always psyched when it's Chicago or Philly.

If it's in Corpus Christi, always be prepared for the worst crowd in wrestling.
On the bright side, someone's going into the Gulf of Mexico.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Two big lumps of review podcast news:

OSWReview are back! Their new episode will be out on the 29th.

And bigger news: AEPodcast, from this point, will be a video podcast! So OSWReview will no longer win the video wrestling podcast wars by default of being the only one.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sportsgenius86 posted:

I'm having trouble remembering anything that funny. Nothing beats the Lonnie Mayne story from last year.

There was a call-in show right after Bryan started doing those again where some guy just spergs the gently caress out about not liking the product and he's so loving serious about it.

This was the year of the mystery Beatles poster.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GoutPatrol posted:

hahahahaha yes!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Nothing beats sitting around christmas day, playing Bioshock drunk listening to someone (I can't remember who) detail a date with a girl that just ended up being the drizzling shits and it just kept going and going and going and going...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

Nothing beats sitting around christmas day, playing Bioshock drunk listening to someone (I can't remember who) detail a date with a girl that just ended up being the drizzling shits and it just kept going and going and going and going...

Coughlin, unfortunately there won't be much from him this year.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LordPants posted:

That would be your 5 star radio host

Also I think this year had the DKP show with the Macho Man talking to Macho Man with some Jimmy Hart stuff which was pretty funny

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i hope there is nothing from DKP on there

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Shaman of Cum posted:

i hope there is nothing from DKP on there

The shows with Excalibur are usually fun....because Excalibur is there. Also, Rob Naylor.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 19, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My problem with the DKP shows is that it seems to me that whenever I listen to anything involving Alan I could get the same information by just watching whatever they're talking about myself, if that makes sense?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like Justin Shapiro

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

rovert posted:

CM Punk will be on WTF with Marc Maron on Monday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO-b7SeI7EM

Wow, dropping some serious real-life bombs really early in the piece. I've never listened to Marc Meron before because I thought you had to pay to do so, but this seems like a pretty good show.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Valeyard posted:

I like Justin Shapiro

I don't think any of those guys are very funny but, we like what we like

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Memento posted:

Wow, dropping some serious real-life bombs really early in the piece. I've never listened to Marc Meron before because I thought you had to pay to do so, but this seems like a pretty good show.

If you want to listen to archived episodes, you do have to pay.

Flagrant Homo
Jun 17, 2004
Herpes Holocaust

VogeGandire posted:

Two big lumps of review podcast news:

OSWReview are back! Their new episode will be out on the 29th.

And bigger news: AEPodcast, from this point, will be a video podcast! So OSWReview will no longer win the video wrestling podcast wars by default of being the only one.

The news about the AEPodcast is really awesome. I love the audio version and have always hoped it'd go to a video format at some point. Is Jay from OSW going to be doing the video editing or is one of the AE guys capable?

I'm also very curious about where OSW goes after the Arquette stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It took years, but it has finally happened: We recorded a good episode of the Punchsport Podcast. To think Hulkamatt wasn't sure he wanted to record tonight!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I have decided not to edit anything on this podcast this week!!! I hope you all will enjoy.

THE 10 COUNT - MAVEN & RAVEN VS. CHRIS BENOIT & CHRIS JERICHO

The Topics!

01.) WWE Monday Night RAW!!!
02.) Booyaka Booyaka
03.) Guest Hosts are Back. How much does this annoy you?
04.) WWE Survivor Series Predictions!
05.) From NienNunb: What terrible wrestlers/angles can you not help but remember fondly due to nostalgia?
06.) Johnny Gargano has held the DGUSA Title for 2 years now!!! Let's talk about the problems of Gabe promotions and why we don't watch DGUSA!!!
07.) Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards are getting yet ANOTHER tryout. Will these 2 ever be signed? If so, do they ever get called up?
08.) Wrestler of the Week: Rikishi??? MAVEN??? RAVEN???
09.) From achillesforever6: What dumb gimmicks/storylines did you guys come up with when you were younger?
10.) From Big Coffin Hunter: What are some angles that seemed to start terribly or just not be a good idea, but wound up winning you over?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I really like how AEPodcast goes on a rant on how awful show your puppies chant. I also like how they talk about how Jeff Jarrett and Owen Hart are faces and New Age Outlaws are heels.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Valeyard posted:

I like Justin Shapiro

I really enjoy Joe Verses the World, even if they steadfastly refuse to pay $100 to get a decent microphone each.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
MRT is a mega cool podcaster, everyone else are acceptably cool podcasters.

Didn't even introduce the special guest host by name. Wanna pet that cat.

Yeah, gently caress my question :mad:

Wazzu fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Nov 19, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

GoutPatrol posted:

Was this year Eat Da Feet?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

Was this year Eat Da Feet?
I think that was last year as was the "women don't get hurt when you low blow them" discussion.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Flagrant Homo posted:

The news about the AEPodcast is really awesome. I love the audio version and have always hoped it'd go to a video format at some point. Is Jay from OSW going to be doing the video editing or is one of the AE guys capable?

I'm also very curious about where OSW goes after the Arquette stuff.

As far as I know, AEPodcast guys are doing it themselves. Bear in mind how much work Jay does just to get OSWReview out, so it wouldn't be great if he had to do two.

Anyway, New episode of AEPodcast, Backlash 1999. The last only-audio episode.

You NEED to listen to this, if only for Kevin having a mid-podcast breakdown about the word "puppies".

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 19, 2013

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Perigryn posted:

I think that was last year as was the "women don't get hurt when you low blow them" discussion.

Far out, I've been subbed so long the years run together. Stink was wronk.

edit: Stink was Wronk is eligible!!!

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Nov 19, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Observer Radio had wonderful Daveness today. The sheer contempt he had in his voice when talking about the Vickie dehydration angle was great. "You see Stephanie's too smart, you can't fool Stephanie :rolleyes:"

He just sounds utterly fed up with WWE right now

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Nov 19, 2013

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

LordPants posted:

Far out, I've been subbed so long the years run together. Stink was wronk.

edit: Stink was Wronk is eligible!!!
If Stink Yurunk doesn't make it in, the list has no credibility. I sincerely hope they play the Stink Yurunk Jingle Bell Rock again this year.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ceiling rana was Observer Rookie of the Year~! Frightmare. The pin was broken up and not kicked out, which makes it less terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd81BE9lNI0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Observer Radio had wonderful Daveness today. The sheer contempt he had in his voice when talking about the Vickie dehydration angle was great. "You see Stephanie's too smart, you can't fool Stephanie :rolleyes:"

He just sounds utterly fed up with WWE right now

Also loved Dave being so pumped for the Divas Survivor Series trainwreck.

I find it funny that Dave & Bryan still watch Total Divas. Like, Dave says he's really busy but he's going to make time in his schedule to watch it.

It's the best show ever so I understand them wanting to watch it, it's just funny to me.

• Locked thread