Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Imagine the regret that man must feel everytime he passes a Recruiting office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

ASAPI posted:

You sir, just won the internet.

Am I missing something? It doesn't seem that funny.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

at the date posted:

Its a sentiment shared by all goon parentage.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

at the date posted:

Call your dad

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

:thurman:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Or your mom.

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

:drat:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPY5P0TaC4k

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
So we had to shelter in place on my installation recently. Happens all the time usually a drill, but this day was not a drill. 

We sat in the office bitching about what people have to bitch about when forced to sit still. 

Then we got a courtesy call to get away from the south wall of our containerized building. We laughingly obliged, lamenting the fact the fridge was on the south end of the room. 

Apparently someone in the office next door forgot to check in their grenades after coming back to base.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Just want to chime in and thank you all for this thread, it's a really enlightening view into modern military life (dirty civilian here, no soldierin' above constitutional conscription type stuff).

It appears to me that U.S. military is actually a really complicated BDSM role playing game focusing mainly on facial hair, uniform regulations and picking up cigarettes :stare:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Tias posted:

Just want to chime in and thank you all for this thread, it's a really enlightening view into modern military life (dirty civilian here, no soldierin' above constitutional conscription type stuff).

It appears to me that U.S. military is actually a really complicated BDSM role playing game focusing mainly on facial hair, uniform regulations and picking up cigarettes :stare:

You forgot fratricide due to incompetence and cock-meat afficiando clubs.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Tias posted:

Tell your friends!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I read this thread for the same reason I read the benzo thread in tcc - as a constant reminder not to make overly destructive lifestyle choices like joining the military

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Joining the service is much like embarking on a serious drug use kick, some people turn out ok and better for the experience, but a lot end up hosed up shells of humans. And there are the ones who it becomes their entire identity who can't help but behave like utter idiots and ruin it for everyone. They're called NCOs

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Officers are like those dorks you know who make a production out of getting high and do it "responsibly" on special occasions and have no idea what they are doing and blow everyone's good time needing near constant supervision

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

willus posted:

I read this thread for the same reason I read the benzo thread in tcc - as a constant reminder not to make overly destructive lifestyle choices like joining the military

Mods please change this to the mouse over text.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

This thread is all about schadenfreude while we drink ourselves into oblivion going "thank gently caress I'm out".

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

willus posted:

:perfect:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

willus posted:

Then this thread has served a noble purpose

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The military is basically the Stanford prison experiment and milgram experiment conducted at the same time

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

willus posted:

:same:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

The military is basically the Stanford prison experiment and milgram experiment conducted at the same time

I would quite literally jumper cable my balls to a car battery before going back into the service.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

not caring here posted:

Yup!

I'm broke but I made it out.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

willus posted:

I got 4 years of free college out of it. That was worth it because I picked a degree I could get a real job with.

If I stayed in, this would be my 20th year and I'd be able to retire before 40. As cool as that would be, there's no way I'd last 20 years before blowing my brains out. 4 years was bad enough.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

not caring here posted:

Except no one gets a PhD and for-profit educations are ripping off all the expirimentees.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 8, 2017

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I would quite literally jumper cable my balls to a car battery before going back into the service.

Good news. Alan West is available to perform your re-enlistment ceremony.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

maffew buildings posted:

Joining the service is much like embarking on a serious drug use kick, some people turn out ok and better for the experience, but a lot end up hosed up shells of humans. And there are the ones who it becomes their entire identity who can't help but behave like utter idiots and ruin it for everyone. They're called NCOs

For the record, I had an old soldier recently call me to say they missed my use of common sense... It made me feel good and terrified all at once...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

ASAPI posted:

For the record, I had an old soldier recently call me to say they missed my use of common sense... It made me feel good and terrified all at once...

I too had to explain to my professor that I am used to dealing with stupid people so being able to problem solve like an adult means the world to me.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
I was reading this article and was reminded of this thread and the people in it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

I am happy for all of you who got out, I hope for everyone in that when they get out that you will do in good condition and I am glad I didnt sign up.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Thatim posted:

I was reading this article and was reminded of this thread and the people in it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

I am happy for all of you who got out, I hope for everyone in that when they get out that you will do in good condition and I am glad I didnt sign up.

Political correctness has gone too far and is erasing the cherished traditions of the Corps, like killing recruits due to DI stupidity.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
When I was going to bootcamp I recall quite a few staff personnel reminiscing about how when they went through boot camp people could kick your rear end and poo poo and how it had now been totally pussified. Really made me start wondering how loving stupid everyone in the navy was

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I saw a bunch of dudes running around tonight in what looks like white trashbags and black electrical tape while being motivated by bicyclists.

I have no clue.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

WrenP-Complete posted:

It's like the bdsm example, but with none of the consent or communication practices that the bdsm community encourages.

Please don't kinkshame my choice of being an idiot and staying in the military until I retire.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

ElMaligno posted:

Please don't kinkshame my choice of being an idiot and staying in the military until I retire.

Slut.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

I saw a bunch of dudes running around tonight in what looks like white trashbags and black electrical tape while being motivated by bicyclists.

I have no clue.

Is it still :chiefsay: season?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

They looked kind of ...small... To be Chiefs but that's possible.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Sweet Jesus loving Christ I just managed to talk one of our more naive Airmen out of taking a TCN deployment. Having to explain how hard someone jus tried to gently caress her over was rough. Totes Killed the just got off work and few beers in buzz I had going having those memories of some drunken illiterate ethnic try and pretend he was my equal and swinging a rusty piece of rebar at him thrown back at me. That and remembering how many people got raped and sex assualted by reservists in a 6 month period.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

When I was going to bootcamp I recall quite a few staff personnel reminiscing about how when they went through boot camp people could kick your rear end and poo poo and how it had now been totally pussified. Really made me start wondering how loving stupid everyone in the navy was

How old are you? I don't that's been true since the draft ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Ron Jeremy posted:

How old are you? I don't that's been true since the draft ended.

I recall talking to a bootcamp doctor who was a prior sailor and he mentioned during the Vietnam era slapping was ok but not actual punching or kicking.