Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I didn't go with Makoto, because why settle for second best, but for Hifumi I still got the sunset bit despite being stat locked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Oh I was just talking about being able to appear as an option in the first place. Naturally I picked the best girl in Becky because why the hell wouldn't you

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Oh I was just talking about being able to appear as an option in the first place. Naturally I picked the best girl in Becky because why the hell wouldn't you

Because I liked other characters more.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Moltrey posted:

this Mishima event was just
"Dude I told everyone on the website to give us money and they did, let's go eat expensive food."
"That sounds like a scam"
"Oh yeah you're right, let's return the money"
"I mean, we could keep it and use it"
"NO"
[rank up]

what is this

That's exactly what I did there too, and it's great how nonsensical it is. But remember, your options in a scene affect whether or not you get the next one and has no bearing on the one you're in. Because S.Links and Confidants are weird like that.

Except Mishima always goes up, so the game implicitly encourages you to gently caress with and clown on him at every opportunity, it's great.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's Mishima being bad.

Try and tell me you wouldn't use it calling for maid service, or fortune telling.

You're scamming just as much as Mishima!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Captain Oblivious posted:

I was more

Comparing Madarame to Goro, not to Shido, specifically to bring up that Persona 5 does a good job of exploring how bad people can't be reduced to just their bad traits, and exploring their humanity, but neither should we forgive them past a certain point.
Okay I got you, I thought for like a sentence there you were comparing Yusuke to Goro as victims of long term abuse

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's two parts to the Hawaii afternoon; One is just Confidant hang-out-together-having-fun time, and there's a second followup if you're with whomever you're involved in a relationship with. That's what the Hawaii date is, and it's also very sweet :unsmith:.

Pretty sure the requirements are looser than that. Like everyone's said, people have gotten the Makoto sunset scene way before her romance flag.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I got it with Hifumi when she was like, Rank 2

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I chose I had no preference because I wanted Becky and got Makoto with the sunset event so :shrug:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Supremezero posted:

Try and tell me you wouldn't use it calling for maid service, or fortune telling.

Mishima giving it back was bad. So was him thinking he wasn't scamming people and had earned that money somehow. Have some self-awareness Mishima!!!

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Mishima is my boy, I will not have you people being rude to him

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is the follow-up watching the sunset together? Because I got that with Hifumi even though she was still knowledge blocked at the time.

That's what I was thinking of. Maybe the dialogue changes depending on if it's a romance or not, because I went with Ann and it was very specific about them being together as a couple :shrug:.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I got Makoto's sunset scene while at her stat lock, so who knows. It probably has something to do with your response to Ryuji's question the night before?

Unrelated, NG+ not carrying over Personas kinda sucks, but at least I have enough cash to buy back some of my stock. Vorpal Blade in Kamoshida's Castle? Yes please!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mishima just hanging out at a diner with a pistol on the table, nope, nothing to see here

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Y'know seeing the lyrics to this song, and the entire song at that rate...it's quite vicious, isn't it? And apocalyptic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcKBMYYSJs

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Dragonatrix posted:

That's exactly what I did there too, and it's great how nonsensical it is. But remember, your options in a scene affect whether or not you get the next one and has no bearing on the one you're in. Because S.Links and Confidants are weird like that.

Except Mishima always goes up, so the game implicitly encourages you to gently caress with and clown on him at every opportunity, it's great.
Oh yeah I'm serious with actual characters I care about for Mishima I'm just trying to break this kid's brain.

Like saying "I wish that were me" when he tells me about this female student bullying this younger male student

Supremezero posted:

I mean, that would help me, the leader of the Phantom Thieves, to be able to make stronger Personas and have more free time, much better than an expensive meal

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Pretty sure the requirements are looser than that. Like everyone's said, people have gotten the Makoto sunset scene way before her romance flag.

From a bit of googling, it sounds like Ann and Kawakami require the romance flag? Something like that. It might make sense if their requirements are stricter because their confidants aren't stat locked.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

What if the meal was a big bang burger

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's what I was thinking of. Maybe the dialogue changes depending on if it's a romance or not, because I went with Ann and it was very specific about them being together as a couple :shrug:.

Ann's and Kawakami's seem to require romance but the others don't, probably because they're not stat locked. So theirs are more explicitly romantic than the others, maybe? Rather than there being two versions, they just wrote something more couple-y for those two.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kawakami's scene does acknowledge that she knows the wu-tang secret, so you definitely need to be far along her S Link for that.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Harrow posted:

From a bit of googling, it sounds like Ann and Kawakami require the romance flag? Something like that. It might make sense if their requirements are stricter because their confidants aren't stat locked.

You also need to be a certain rank for Hifumi and Makoto to show as options. I know for instance the 100% guide I was following didn't move far enough in Hifumi's fast enough for her to show up (she was at like rank 3).

Makoto is super lenient though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Y'know seeing the lyrics to this song, and the entire song at that rate...it's quite vicious, isn't it? And apocalyptic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATcKBMYYSJs
And they say punk is dead. Stick it to the man, giant video game publisher.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 17, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

What if the meal was a big bang burger

You know, it says the Big Bang Burger challenge is improving your Guts but I'm pretty sure it's doing anything but.

Especially the Cosmic Tower Burger, because I'm pretty sure there's more Burger than Protagonist there :stare: :burger:.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the woman in the Priestess Arcana card looking at a hot bikini lady is maybe my favorite joke in this game

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Mishima is my boy, I will not have you people being rude to him

He's my least favourite character. :twisted:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Dragonatrix posted:

I didn't go with Makoto, because why settle for second best.

I planned on Makoto until rank 5 where shes like "I can't be with you unless you have 5 charm".
Screw this I'm passing a kindness 4 check instead and getting with a girl who is actually intelligent.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ChaosArgate posted:

Kawakami's scene does acknowledge that she knows the wu-tang secret, so you definitely need to be far along her S Link for that.

I'm surprised she has one, because isn't the whole point of Makoto going that she had to stay behind and be interrogated by the Police?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm surprised she has one, because isn't the whole point of Makoto going that she had to stay behind and be interrogated by the Police?

She says that some teachers have to stay behind to be interviewed and so some of the third-year students have to go as chaperones instead

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

She says that some teachers have to stay behind to be interviewed and so some of the third-year students have to go as chaperones instead

I just assumed that included her because she spoke to Makoto directly (sort of a, "you're going in my place" thing), considering she never shows up in Hawaii.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I just assumed that included her because she spoke to Makoto directly (sort of a, "you're going in my place" thing), considering she never shows up in Hawaii.

She does show up in Hawaii once you get there which confused me because I was under the same impression. But she has one or two scenes outside of the romance thing

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You know, it says the Big Bang Burger challenge is improving your Guts but I'm pretty sure it's doing anything but.

Especially the Cosmic Tower Burger, because I'm pretty sure there's more Burger than Protagonist there :stare: :burger:.

It's a matter of vocabulary. It's not improving your Guts it's increasing your Guts.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I discovered who my roommate is for the Hawaii trip and I hate everything

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Moltrey posted:

the woman in the Priestess Arcana card looking at a hot bikini lady is maybe my favorite joke in this game
It's such a good gag. The figures on a bunch of the other cards are nude, but that wouldn't have been sexual enough.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Keep watching, you'll feel better about it eventually :munch:.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

An understandable reaction.

impure flutter
May 31, 2014

figured out that if you have SP adhesives/invigorate for your whole party you can just get into an easy fight and guard continuously until you refill all your SP; takes awhile but super useful late in the game when you don't feel like wasting more than two days on a palace.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SyntheticPolygon posted:

An understandable reaction.

One thing with the Hawaii trip; I loved that the conceit for getting Ryuji and Ann hanging out overnight is both sides of "well, my roommate's girlfriend came over to gently caress him" and "my roommate took the key with her when she went off to gently caress her boyfriend".

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so when does the shibuya theater change movies?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

so when does the shibuya theater change movies?

beginning of every month i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Man, on the Hawaii trip Ann mentioned Shiho and that feels like such a long time ago. It's been a real journey