Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
"No really guys, he's gonna beat Roman because he proved he really earned it, it's the obvious storyline"

"No really guys, he's gonna beat Brock to prove he really really earned it, it's the obvious storyline"

"No really guys, he's gonna beat Omos to prove he really really really earned it, it's the obvious storyline"

"No really guys, he's gonna beat the reanimated corpse of Giant Gonzalez to prove he really really really really earned it, it's the obvious storyline"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

njsykora posted:

Remember when people said they’d treat Cody well to encourage other people to come over?

lol

It's in the scorpions nature to sting, especially when instead of drowning they keep making more and more money

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Imagine Cody's booking if he hadn't broken his titty and missed most of the year

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just because it's the obvious storyline doesn't mean it will happen or even that it's any good.

I don't think I've ever seen Horrible and Trash as strongly trending words on Twitter so that sure is something.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Imagine Cody's booking if he hadn't broken his titty and missed most of the year

I can't decide if it's funnier if this was always going to be the plan and they pulled a holding pattern for the DARK MIDDLE CHAPTER until now or if Cody's booking would have been fine up until now and he got Vince'd on

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Le Saboteur posted:

Just because it's the obvious storyline doesn't mean it will happen or even that it's any good.

I don't think I've ever seen Horrible and Trash as strongly trending words on Twitter so that sure is something.

could just be elon breaking twitter again. could be any number of charitable explanations

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Hahahhahaah I just came over from the basketball game and WHAT

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Can Uncle Paul please just loving snap already and...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
god brock vs cody would have been a beast first feud for cody if he won the titles

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

That DICK! posted:

s top watching raw wrasslormonkey you are better than this.

I’m not and don’t worry I only do it once a year. Similar to how I eat at PF Chang’s once every five years or so to remind me why I don’t eat at PF Chang’s

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Le Saboteur posted:

Its the obvious storyline they're doing right now.

Make Cody conquer the same guy Roman had to so he really really earns it, then change titles at the next WrestleMania after you've really pumped up Romans title reign.

Even if they plan to do that now, Vince is so stat-brained by title reigns and Roman would be so close to beating the Hogan title run by the time it rolls around I can see them saying 'well just another few months and we can call it the longest reign in WWF history' and having Roman win again

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Maybe Brock/Cody was the pencilled in pre feud for Cody before his titty exploded who knows.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Brock humiliating Cody is the chef kiss ending to Mania weekend!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Brock gonna beat Cody until he turns into Stardust

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Either they're doing everything to build some kind of sympathy heat for Cody or they're straight burying him because what the gently caress

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Having Roman be the longest-reigning world title holder just reeks of Vince.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Red posted:

Either they're doing everything to build some kind of sympathy heat for Cody or they're straight burying him because what the gently caress

its definitely the former but in practice will be the latter

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vince is back and all the wrestlers are unhappy

And so is the audience

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Codependent Poster posted:

And so is the audience

Hooray! Call me when they all sever.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

And so is the audience

The frog weirdo on the hellsite more or less confirmed Vince was in charge tonight too

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

quote:

The match didn’t happen.

As the ring announcer finished announcing Rhodes’ name, Lesnar grabbed Rhodes and gave him an F5.

Reigns looked surprised and he left with Sikoa and Heyman.

Lesnar F5’d Rhodes again as the crowd booed. Lesnar hit a high-angle German suplex, drove Rhodes into the barricade, suplexed him into the timekeeper’s area, and smashed his back with a steel chair.

Lesnar hit Rhodes in the face with the steel steps and put him through the announce table with an F5. Lesnar placed the steel steps in the ring and gave Rhodes another F5 onto the steps.

Officials ran out but they were too afraid to do anything. They checked on Rhodes as Lesnar began leaving but Lesnar chased them off and hit Rhodes repeatedly in the back with a steel chair. Lesnar choked Rhodes with the edge of the chair and yelled something that was bleeped.

Lesnar left and officials checked on Rhodes.

They brought out a stretcher and the crowd buzzed as Lesnar reappeared on the stage. He held up his middle fingers and the camera focused on Rhodes as they went off the air.

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

god brock vs cody would have been a beast first feud for cody if he won the titles

Yeah, if Cody was the champion, that ending would have been fine.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
hey did any one get the sense that the play-by-play guy was weirdly quiet for long stretches?

kinda like... he's got someone screaming in his ear?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Sooooo Cody maybe goes on the shelf for a few weeks, feuds with Brock, maybe wins and finally finishes his never ending story at Summerslam?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Fart Radio posted:

hey did any one get the sense that the play-by-play guy was weirdly quiet for long stretches?

kinda like... he's got someone screaming in his ear?

Kevin Patrick is kind of awful in general and wouldnt be the first time Corey Graves did all the play by play but now that you mention it hmm

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I mean while we're talking about dumb booking tonight why did they have Street Profits win a big showcase match (for nothing) at Mania and then immediately job them out to the new tag champs one night later? :psyduck:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think they sold this to Cody in 2 ways:

1) The crowd is going to cry for you unlike AEW.
And
2) This will give Brody destroying you vibes from AEW.

Which means that Cody returns with dyed black hair.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I mean while we're talking about dumb booking tonight why did they have Street Profits win a big showcase match (for nothing) at Mania and then immediately job them out to the new tag champs one night later? :psyduck:

Uh… don’t confuse the “big” showcase match as anything more than getting 8 more people on the show.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/AlexisDaPomky/status/1643099811766501377

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/blindblackman/status/1643022946489737218

Been seeing a lot of these kinds of posts

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

the wwe universe has always been at war with cody rhodes

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Back to shows made for and by an insane out of touch old man.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Yesssssssss, burn it all down vince!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The random Yano in the corner elevates it to :perfect:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

PlasticAutomaton posted:

apparently it was supposed to be a tag title match but guess who changed it last minute :v:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg03q100E4g

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Soooo, does Cody show up on Raw next week and lose a match to Miz after Miz hits him in the jaw with a sock full of nickels?

How deep can this burial plot be dug?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Pinwiz11 posted:

The random Yano in the corner elevates it to :perfect:

I lost it when I spotted Yano. Brilliant.