Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

https://twitter.com/fart/status/507434154565181440

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

chemosh6969 posted:

It's nice to know that when a soldier in boot camp is called a name, he has a safe place with people to talk about it because he needs help dealing with such an emotional issue. What sort of resources for counseling does little Johnny have when he's captured by the enemy and one of them calls him a human being?

NCOs in the military should look to our enemies for tips on how to treat their fellow soldiers?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Thump! posted:

NCOs in the military should look to our enemies for tips on how to treat their fellow soldiers?

It worked great for Imperial Japan, who are definitely people we want to emulate.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 22, 2016

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

chemosh6969 posted:

It's nice to know that when a soldier in boot camp is called a name, he has a safe place with people to talk about it because he needs help dealing with such an emotional issue. What sort of resources for counseling does little Johnny have when he's captured by the enemy and one of them calls him a human being?

Source your quotes

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Bu really who won't suck a dick for a Hershey's bar while being POW?

Or a Friday night for free. These things are flexible.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

LingcodKilla posted:

Bu really who won't suck a dick for a Hershey's bar while being POW?

Or a Friday night for free. These things are flexible.

I bet they don't make you wash trucks or sweep the parking lot when you're a POW. Probably why those MIA guys from Vietnam and Korea hid out so they wouldn't have to come back.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Ah yes they may one day be captured we should treat everyone like poo poo to harden them in preparation

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Look at this guy who in Twitter early enough to get @fart

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

maffew buildings posted:

Ah yes they may one day be captured we should treat everyone like poo poo to harden them in preparation

This poo poo's chess, it ain't checkers.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bin Laden aint got poo poo on me.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://freebeacon.com/politics/us-army-mistakenly-tweets-trump-lies/

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

The URL made me think they tweeted lies perpetuated by Trump, not the fact that Trump constantly lies

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

I remember being in when B Clinton was making changes to do more with less in the military and that poo poo sucked. I'm not saying vote Trump but does anyone think Hillary is going to make daily life better for those still stuck in service?

I like how that article also makes it a point to include the gender of the person that did the dumb tweet.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Depends. How do you feel about nuclear war?

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

LingcodKilla posted:

Depends. How do you feel about nuclear war?

Tight in the pants.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

chemosh6969 posted:

I remember being in when B Clinton was making changes to do more with less in the military and that poo poo sucked. I'm not saying vote Trump but does anyone think Hillary is going to make daily life better for those still stuck in service?

I like how that article also makes it a point to include the gender of the person that did the dumb tweet.

Lol at making poo poo better for people that are still in. Let's make poo poo better for people that are out and especially people that never join. Let's ensure that they don't have to join or deal with whatever problems a Trump presidency brings. Any chafing in the military because of a Clinton presidency is far better than the alternative and if it means a few Joes get released from the military then so be it. If it means some generals and admirals get let go then all the better.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Pesticide20 posted:

Lol at making poo poo better for people that are still in.

This is the military forum. I think you want the beatnik club next door.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

chemosh6969 posted:

Hating your time in the service is a time honored GiP tradition. It should be a universal tradition, but hey I guess shitsuckers and First Sergeants gotta come from somewhere.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

chemosh6969 posted:

If you didn't learn from service in the military that it's all gay and anyone in is retarded then I don't know what to tell you

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Pesticide20 posted:

If you didn't learn from service in the military that it's all gay and anyone in is retarded then I don't know what to tell you

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Saw my first smaj out in the wild do an on the spot correction to my E 5 because he ranger rolls his hat lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Pesticide20 posted:

Forum mouse over text right here.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I will gladly take any stupid bullshit a military cut would bring if it means I can either get out faster or ensure my president isn't literally loving retarded.

Not silly choked on a pretzel "that's retarded" but actual "I never said that nuh uh actually Mexicans are all rapists" retarded.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
like people bitched when Obama took over and literally nothing changed at my level except gays could serve and that was cool and then budgets went down but I always blamed congress govt shutdown poo poo on that and blah blah blah and even then I'd rather yell "bang bang bang" and go home sooner than shoot blanks or live and deal with policing up the brass and safety briefs about blanks, trips to JRTC/NTC and so on

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
by blah blah blah i mean the iggy pop album it was detrimental to good order & discipline

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

chemosh6969 posted:

Everyone still in better suck a dick. I hope hilldawg cuts BAH and forces every enlistee and officer to move into the barracks' with their crusty loving dependents in tow.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Everyone still in better suck a dick. I hope hilldawg cuts BAH and forces every enlistee and officer to move into the barracks' with their crusty loving dependents in tow.

Hell no, I'd probably end up with a roommate if that happened. Stay out of my barracks.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

:jackbud:

Internet Wizard posted:

Hell no, I'd probably end up with a roommate if that happened. Stay out of my barracks.

:abuela:: "Peacetime is a bitch."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Forcing members to live in base housing at a considerable discount (and cutting BAH) would be a good compromise.

But military spending is out of control with contracts mostly.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Wasabi the J posted:

Forcing members to live in base housing at a considerable discount (and cutting BAH) would be a good compromise.

Eh. I get that single junior enlisted guys get all butthurt about living in the dorms and all that, but between the fact that a lot of bases have terrible housing and/or awful private property management and the DoD's control over most of my life to the detriment of my wife and kids, I figure my their living situation is something over which we should have some control. If I was single, I probably wouldn't mind being forced to live on base, but that's mainly because without a family to occasionally distract me from the USAF, I'd just decorate the walls with my brains after awhile.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

chemosh6969 posted:

The whole forum?

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Soulex posted:

The whole forum?

Sounds like you have what it takes to be an officer in the Army.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
https://www.jqpublicblog.com/air-force-finally-coming-around-fitness/

Someone shared with me their experience of being forced to do "crossfit style" PT which involved hauling rusted out, jagged-edged ammo cans full of rocks. He complained that it was stupid and would injure people for no reason, and was told "and what are you going to do when you are the only airman left, and they need you to carry ammo to the flight-line?"

He's actually in great shape, but if the service demands that the carpet-dwelling officers with math degrees need to start hauling ammo we've probably already lost whatever conflict just happened.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

canyoneer posted:

https://www.jqpublicblog.com/air-force-finally-coming-around-fitness/

Someone shared with me their experience of being forced to do "crossfit style" PT which involved hauling rusted out, jagged-edged ammo cans full of rocks. He complained that it was stupid and would injure people for no reason, and was told "and what are you going to do when you are the only airman left, and they need you to carry ammo to the flight-line?"

He's actually in great shape, but if the service demands that the carpet-dwelling officers with math degrees need to start hauling ammo we've probably already lost whatever conflict just happened.

I always loved that logic that people running PT used. "Just keep running five more miles! What would you do if we were in combat?"

gently caress you, we're a heavy weapons platoon that rolls everywhere in trucks. I would probably keep driving rear end in a top hat.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pesticide20 posted:

I always loved that logic that people running PT used. "Just keep running five more miles! What would you do if we were in combat?"

"Collapse and wait for the welcome and sweet embrace of death" would have been my answer if the Marines ever asked such questions. Instead we were just called slurs a bunch until we started to run again to stop the dumb DI impression every over motivated rear end in a top hat does.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

"Collapse and wait for the welcome and sweet embrace of death" would have been my answer if the Marines ever asked such questions. Instead we were just called slurs a bunch until we started to run again to stop the dumb DI impression every over motivated rear end in a top hat does.

I actually said the truck thing on a run once when my leadership was trying to motivate us to run an extra mile. I got smoked for it and everything because I "questioned the orders of my leadership or some poo poo".

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

I removed this retards name because they are an attention whore posted:

Okay, let's get a few facts straight.

1) After I got out of the military literally 2 weeks later I was in jail for punching a cop I saw beating a black motorist, which oddly enough, I joined the military due to getting caught with a substantial amount of weed and it was "do 5 years in prison or 5 years in the Marines."

Spot the jarhead

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

Spot the jarhead

Lol I thought they did away with jail or military the same time they stopped the draft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Pesticide20 posted:

Lol I thought they did away with jail or military the same time they stopped the draft

They probably made it all up but that's up to you to decide. Because either way they are stupid

~ a SOF marine

Woof Blitzer fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Oct 14, 2016