Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's on a Sunday so the only option is a full Sunday roast. If people want to really go all out then go for Beef Wellington over something easy like roast chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Make a curry

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Has the EU ever held any vote or contest for the most popular food in Europe? That'll be your meal for Baku.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

iospace posted:

For Monaco, make the most expensive thing ever.

Bonus points if you use gold.

was gonna say, caviar sprinkled with truffle oil and gold dust

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

McGuinty posted:

For Monaco, is there anything other than barbaguian that could be considered a Monégasque specialty?
Isn't Our Vivi's Creamery in Monaco? So we could just have some ice cream or something

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

All cooking is good so long as it doesn't involve dumb gimmicks like cast iron pans.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That reminds me, I should get one one of these days

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I still occasionally laugh to myself thinking about the amount of mileage I got out of that thread.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It'll be hard to decide what to make for the Mexican race since you'll already have made tacos for the USGP.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Poois Shamilton.

And congratulations to Petronas Mercedes' new #1 driver, Valteri Bottas!

Wirth1000 posted:

He's a national embarassment and I profusely apologize for him on the behalf of all Canadians as such I am duty bound to follow him and point out how poo poo-gently caress he is at all times. I'd even take James Hinchcliffe (i'm learning indycar) than Stroll like holy piss.

Seeing the Canadian flag next to his name when they showed his lovely random spin made me ashamed and angry at the same time. He needs to go. Soon.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

USGP meal is roast bald eagle.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Pirate Radar posted:

It'll be hard to decide what to make for the Mexican race since you'll already have made tacos for the USGP.

Smoked brisket is also acceptable for the USGP.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

For the USGP I will be eating a half frozen burger because your country does not seem to be able to fully grasp the concept of cooking meat properly.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Don't eat frozen beef?

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

USGP should be one of those huge burgers that you get a T-shirt for finishing.

That'll do nicely.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Monaco challenge should be cooking a blue steak properly.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

learnincurve posted:

Monaco challenge should be cooking a blue steak properly.

Sous vide. Torch. Done.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Oh loving god no. Just no. If this retarded lovely thread starts going on about sous vide like the rest of the boring lovely forums the we should just close it forever please? Please mods?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sorry you don't like good food

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Sous vide is the autism of cooking.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Cast Iron pans, gas stoves and sous vide is the holy trinity of overhyped hipster cooking trends.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What the gently caress is hipster cooking

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I had to google what it was and it seems like a lot of faff for faffs sake tbh. But then again I just served up prince's chicken in white sauce and mushrooms with rice so what do I know.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Basically anything my sister acts like is a critical part to good cooking but is too lazy to put any effort into so ends up eating organic chips with a tub of mayo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Gas cookers are normal in the U.K., people with wood burning AGAs will be the first to go come the revolution.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I have a lovely electric stove currently. Probably selling this house so it hasn't been a priority.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I put the rice in my Zojirushi and stir fry vegetables and chicken. I've eaten this way for the past 6 years.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm currently making bear roast.

Before you call me a hipster I killed and butchered the bear. So piss off :)

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Cast Iron pans, gas stoves and sous vide is the holy trinity of overhyped hipster cooking trends.

The first two are just normal things. It's way easier to manage the heat on a gas stovetop.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Who the hell thinks gas ranges are "hipster poo poo"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quid has very strong opinions about stove top cooking

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'm not even going to bother arguing this here because the truth is I actually don't care and its way funnier as a GBS topic when the idiots don't get that I'm exaggerating and come out of the woodwork, but suffice to say I have a grill and having a glass top stove is way easier for my lazy rear end to clean.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm not even going to bother arguing this here because the truth is I actually don't care and its way funnier as a GBS topic when the idiots don't get that I'm exaggerating and come out of the woodwork, but suffice to say I have a grill and having a glass top stove is way easier for my lazy rear end to clean.

Oh hell yeah, I'm moving to a new apartment soon and specifically chose one with a glass top stove for that reason.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Norns posted:

I have a lovely electric stove currently. Probably selling this house so it hasn't been a priority.

Same but I bought it for the new house without knowing how lovely was but it's wired in now so we have to live with it. I had a built in electric oven with gas rings before and it was shite. I do not know how to shop for cookers.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I take every post 100 percent deadly serious in GBS

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

I take every post 100 percent deadly serious in GBS

Suddenly, all becomes clear.

Also, I grew up with a gas stove (and oven), so electric is weird to me to use sometimes.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Cast iron is the only way to make cornbread. Sorry.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

dentist toy box posted:

Cast iron is the only way to make cornbread. Sorry.

This is great info to have for the 0 times in my life I plan on making cornbread.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Brisket and cornbread sounds real good tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did a Creme Brulee.

It will go along well at next years Paul Ricard race.

• Locked thread