Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Madcosby posted:

now someone post an image of rectangle so i can empty quote it or maybe just add "lol broken"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

interrodactyl posted:

yeah but you can hit her champagne puddle

the button needs a buff thanks

that's zato breaking the law u fuckin scrub

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

NecroMonster posted:

you didn't mention 5 frame start up or it being an easy anti-air confirm into a half stage carry and hard knockdown

And unblockable

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
also xrd is good please play it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Madcosby posted:

now someone post an image of rectangle so i can empty quote it or maybe just add "lol broken"

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

that's zato breaking the law u fuckin scrub

why is it in that picture

but yes i can see it now oops

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

And unblockable

Well all ground normals and most ground specials are air-unblockable without FD so i didn't mention it but hey, i probably should have for those (fools) who aren't playing xrd.

Oh no poo poo wait, are you talking about setting up the unblockable after the knockdown?

as always my excuse is that I am very tired.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
elphelts close S is a close normal, meaning you need to be Close to the opponent for it to come out. to get a clear picture of the hitbox, the best thing to do is for her to be close to zato doing break the law, because his hurtbox is just a tiny thing on the ground.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'd rather have an uperbody invuln 6p, honestly.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Madcosby posted:

https://my.mixtape.moe/rjplme.webm

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Buckwheat Sings posted:

Someone should just make a Mike Z game balance edit of Third strike and just release that.

Is that the one where he buffed Chun and nerfed everyone else?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

posting Slayer's 2K for added hilarity

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i agree with him in that people complaining about it being the cause of their losses are losers and should hold that. they're all playing the same laggy game. now, if we were getting into the lag itself, my personal opinion is that having an average of 7 frames of input lag in a fighting game is a bad decision. but if you're playing somebody at a tournament and they beat you, you lost.

that said, every game i've ever lost online against a pc player is because they alt tabbed the lag onto me and also have vsync disabled

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

A.o.D. posted:

Is that the one where he buffed Chun and nerfed everyone else?

Low effort snark, see me after class.

http://mikezsez.blogspot.com/2015/12/what-id-change-for-third-strike-upper-3s.html

also Bafael gets into it too!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzL3Kbf6LnA

Buckwheat Sings fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 10, 2016

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

cams posted:

i agree with him in that people complaining about it being the cause of their losses are losers and should hold that. they're all playing the same laggy game. now, if we were getting into the lag itself, my personal opinion is that having an average of 7 frames of input lag in a fighting game is a bad decision. but if you're playing somebody at a tournament and they beat you, you lost.

that said, every game i've ever lost online against a pc player is because they alt tabbed the lag onto me and also have vsync disabled

I mean, I guess people saying stuff like "I lost because of input lag wehhh" are wrong, but that should be obvious to everyone and it's also unrelated

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its fair but it feels like crap.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

apple posted:

I mean, I guess people saying stuff like "I lost because of input lag wehhh" are wrong, but that should be obvious to everyone and it's also unrelated
gotcha. i was just responding to the tweet that everyone found offensive for some reason. are there other tweets where he's going "this lag is dope and i think it's a good design decision"?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

cams posted:

gotcha. i was just responding to the tweet that everyone found offensive for some reason. are there other tweets where he's going "this lag is dope and i think it's a good design decision"?

Fourwude made an argument about how the increased lag made some styles much harder to use than others and some other stuff. You're free to disagree with him but if you believe he has a point then no the increased lag doesn't affect everyone equally.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

The game feels pretty good without it, I hope they patch the PS4 version but they're clearly stupid as poo poo so who knows, maybe PC will become tournament standard because you can turn off v-sync.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

IIRC Nash still has a hitbox for the first frame or two of his teleport. Unless that's the joke? :ohdear:

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
https://twitter.com/nycfurby/status/729607113408798720

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Dracula Factory posted:

The game feels pretty good without it, I hope they patch the PS4 version but they're clearly stupid as poo poo so who knows, maybe PC will become tournament standard because you can turn off v-sync.

I don't think anyone knows if the input lag is fixable or not. Even with v-sync off it still has a frame of lag over sfiv and way more over others. I've seen it suggested that this is a problem with the unreal engine, but I have no idea.

I also can't see the tournament standard being "this console but with v-sync off," if that even becomes a menu option in either game.

Since wednesday night fights is on PC, I guess it would be cool if they made v-sync off their tournament standard.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Dracula Factory posted:

maybe PC will become tournament standard because you can turn off v-sync.

this wont ever happen b/c setting up a PC is way more annoying and most importantly all the sony money would dry up

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Booyah- posted:

I don't think anyone knows if the input lag is fixable or not. Even with v-sync off it still has a frame of lag over sfiv and way more over others. I've seen it suggested that this is a problem with the unreal engine, but I have no idea.

I also can't see the tournament standard being "this console but with v-sync off," if that even becomes a menu option in either game.

Since wednesday night fights is on PC, I guess it would be cool if they made v-sync off their tournament standard.

Didn't Mike Z say it would take something like reconstructing the entire game for this problem to be fixed?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

that's just a guess based on his, admittedly very solid, knowledge of the thing.

he could be wrong

he's probably not

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
uh everything has input lag its not a big deal. your monitor/tv. your stick. your console and pc all have lag. there is even lag in the human brain and eye.. capcom knows about the lag.......the game is designed around the lag

everyone has the same lag so its not the lags fault that you are losing...

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Zand posted:

uh everything has input lag its not a big deal. your monitor/tv. your stick. your console and pc all have lag. there is even lag in the human brain and eye.. capcom knows about the lag.......the game is designed around the lag

everyone has the same lag so its not the lags fault that you are losing...

I like to smash my forehead in before a match and if my opponent did I think that would put us on equal footing,..

There are two posts in this and the previous thread that I think accurately summarize sfv, and one of them is yours:

Z A N D posted:

I was wrong, the game is fine. Stick support is stupid and they should just add more functionality to the game instead of catering to the 1% of users with special controllers. Input lag is fine too, I personally don't care how much input lag I currently have, and I would even find it acceptable if there was more. The normals in this game feel great, and I love how easy the characters are to play; the old games had so many one-frame-links that, well, for players like me, those are just impossible and my brain turns off when I even have to consider them. The throw ranges, speed, tech windows, and how throws interact with opposing crouching jabs are things I've been looking for in my fighting game experience for years and I'm glad that SF5 is finally delivering. Most of all, I hate it when companies constantly update me with information regarding common complaints for games that I pay to beta test. Nothing more obnoxious than information overload. That's the motto of SF5: Keep it simple!

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the other post is one of tabs dmc gifs

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

does the street fighter scene have the god drat memory of a gold fish they were playing a game without this much input lag less than three months ago gently caress i'm mad

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Booyah- posted:

Xrd PC gets down to 1 frame delay with all settings turned down

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The input lag is 100% intentional

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
people saying 8f delay is nbd left and right, street fighter scene deserves this fate

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like the way the game is being played right no is being actively promoted by Capcom and they refuse to talk about the 8f delay because they know full and well there is no way they can talk about intentionally putting input delay into the game.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I haven't been following SF5 much but is there input delay but the inputs aren't also buffered throughout or what because that explains a lot

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I haven't been following SF5 much but is there input delay but the inputs aren't also buffered throughout or what because that explains a lot

In combos, yeah, where's input lag doesn't matter (mostly). What that massive input lag results in is a game where defensive players have a much harder time reacting to whatever the other person does.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Baal posted:

Like the way the game is being played right no is being actively promoted by Capcom and they refuse to talk about the 8f delay because they know full and well there is no way they can talk about intentionally putting input delay into the game.

It's in there interest to not talk about it until they can figure out if it can be addressed or not. Admitting there's a problem that they can't resolve would be much worse from a business point of view.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
PC Players have already removed it and this isn't something you don't talk about if it's unintentional,this is a big loving deal. If it was meant to be fixed, it would've been fixed by now, unless Capcom hosed up so hard that their method of fixing it is to go into the innards of the game and rehaul it.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
They haven't even managed to implement their cash shop yet. I really don't expect them to go revisiting the game engine.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Baal posted:

PC Players have already removed it and this isn't something you don't talk about if it's unintentional,this is a big loving deal. If it was meant to be fixed, it would've been fixed by now, unless Capcom hosed up so hard that their method of fixing it is to go into the innards of the game and rehaul it.

even with vsync off it's still worse than a good chunk of fgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
keep in mind that this game is actually being made by dimps aka the people responsible for sonic 4 for some reason even though sf4/strekken were also kind of a mess technically.

I'm no japanese buisnessman but I imagine that adds quite a few hurdles in getting someone to fix this bullshit