Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

does anyone in the thread have a very high attack orlandu with grand helm or some other confuse immunity? i think i can do elite dark ifrit if i have one to bring with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I know that the Dark Esper trial is the new hotness, but can you please put your Xons back up so us people berefit of anything even approaching luck can farm eggs for the rest of the event? needing a thousand rainbow eggs for these purecrysts is murder.

Bonus points if you build your Xon intelligently and his Waylay can one-shot things in Invincible. (Doublehand is better than Dual Wield, guys)

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

My appologies if this was asked before, but other than the Second Knife (Which I crafted yesterday) what is a good ite (s) to make from the event?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Any one have any strategy suggestions for Antonella or Two-headed dragon that don't involve having Noctis, Gilgamesh, or Refia in the non companion party?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabidsquid posted:

does anyone in the thread have a very high attack orlandu with grand helm or some other confuse immunity? i think i can do elite dark ifrit if i have one to bring with me

i actually did it with Victis' extremely strong Orlandu, although he did die a few times stopping me from getting the greatsword mastery. But I got the Sirens Robes and the Claw! I wonder if a full party can prevent that next time, the real issue was that my Cecil with provoke isn't 100% so he doesn't absorb all of the Osmose. I don't think I have the materials to take Snow to 6*, i wonder if 5* Snow can do the job.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Oh hey I got my credit card debt almost cleared out I guess I should drop some lapis because I make poor life choices. I got an Emperor. That's not the worst result, but maaan. It's like getting a 32X for Christmas when you wanted a Playstation.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

Oh hey I got my credit card debt almost cleared out I guess I should drop some lapis because I make poor life choices. I got an Emperor. That's not the worst result, but maaan. It's like getting a 32X for Christmas when you wanted a Playstation.

Fuckin' right?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

The man called M posted:

My appologies if this was asked before, but other than the Second Knife (Which I crafted yesterday) what is a good ite (s) to make from the event?

Everything is decent if you aren't going TM crazy, if you are then everything is kind of meh. The crown is good and the mask is good, but you might be best served just getting the crown and skipping the mask because you need a ton of eggs for the awakening mats and those are pretty important.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Here's the 10 unit fight in JP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0zZIl8sspM

I'm crafting a fuckload of stuff and hoarding poo poo like Poach because of that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

Everything is decent if you aren't going TM crazy, if you are then everything is kind of meh. The crown is good and the mask is good, but you might be best served just getting the crown and skipping the mask because you need a ton of eggs for the awakening mats and those are pretty important.

the 18 atk/18 mag item has better resist than the frost rings or whatever as well as being significantly better than a hyper wrist all the time

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

fuuuuuuuuck accidentally used my 4* ticket and got a second Xon. Is Patches good enough to be worth a second one?

Poor baby. Some of us don't have any.

I got a Shine for my guaranteed 4*

The man called M posted:

Cold Snap is good if you have a heavy armor user who could use more MAG and ATK.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
God drat how much HP does this last difficulty of the ariana dungeon have? Even my Olive only does like 1% of damage per true shot.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Buncha tickets today, so.....
Gold! Could I finally get a X... nope hi Agrias.
Also hi yet another Ludmille (up to five again), and Krile.

And... huh, now I have a second Ariana from doing the new Stage map. I wonder if her TM stacks?

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011

hagie posted:

Any one have any strategy suggestions for Antonella or Two-headed dragon that don't involve having Noctis, Gilgamesh, or Refia in the non companion party?

For the 2-headed dragon I had a surprisingly easy time using 2 dual wield Firions (friend unit with ~700 atk, mine with ~550 atk and Twin Spear) and a dual wield Chizuru equipped with dragon killer and Odin, although I did have Refia for her Embolden buff and silence resistance. The rest of my team was Cecil (tank) and Yshtola (with my luck it would KO Refia even with Cecil on Provoke duty). Those 3 attackers with Embolden did almost 50% damage to the dragon each turn with normal attacks, and I killed it in 4 turns total after guarding through the first threshold attack. You could probably swap CoD or Luka for Refia in that team for AOE status removal while silenced.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
New DA stage wasn't bad at all. Ran it once playing it safe with DA in the party, went slow using abilities and didn't let anyone die. Went back a second time and watched as the LB from two Olives wrecked it hard. Thankfully LBs don't count as abilities.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You are going to want to upgrade the second Ariana to 5 at least.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/community-event-dangerous-ariana/733421923486357

EDIT: IGNORE THIS, ITS THE OLD EVENT BACK WHEN ARIANA CAME OUT THE FIRST TIME

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Apr 14, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here's the new event:
https://m.facebook.com/events/1894852264085580

Post a screenshot...

:effort:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gold #9 on this banner and still no Xon. Got Refia #5 or something. Glad they kept the egg seekers on the 1/2 price pull, can avoid getting a 4th Lightning.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
What exactly do they mean by "no ability" in the new Ariana fight? No equipped abilities? No skills/magic? If so, do reaction skills count?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Shingouryu posted:

What exactly do they mean by "no ability" in the new Ariana fight? No equipped abilities? No skills/magic? If so, do reaction skills count?

Magic spells are ok. Counterattacks are not. Take two healers with Curaja and your best DPS that doesn't counter and a friend Olive. Olive is best cause her mortar doesn't count and her LB is quick to fill and deadly.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
No abilities used. This includes counter abilities like Dystopia. Magic is fine. Y'shtola is huge for this fight for Shellga. Make sure everyone has at least 4k+ HP or they're gonna die from triple Dissonance.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Magic spells are ok. Counterattacks are not. Take two healers with Curaja and your best DPS that doesn't counter and a friend Olive. Olive is best cause her mortar doesn't count and her LB is quick to fill and deadly.

CyberLord XP posted:

No abilities used. This includes counter abilities like Dystopia. Magic is fine. Y'shtola is huge for this fight for Shellga. Make sure everyone has at least 4k+ HP or they're gonna die from triple Dissonance.

Ah, Noel messed it up for me then. Thanks!

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Shingouryu posted:

FYI, I think Noctis is also off the list.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Shingouryu posted:

Dual Cast is fine, Magic is fine, Limit Bursts are fine.

When you're selecting abilities, magic has a little colored orb and level on the bottom right.

And when readied, magic spells have this burst icon.

Abilities have the little crystal icon:

Shingouryu posted:

Counters failing achievements is so dumb.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 14, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Switched out Noel for Cecil, took a friend Olive and blew her up. Anyone else attempting the achievement take Cartoon Man's advice and bring Olive. Her mortar and LB make the fight significantly faster compared to plinking away with even a high powered Orlandeu.

I could've sworn they've referred to the crystal icons as "skills" before, but I'm probably just extra dumb today. Thanks again everybody!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Done. She's a little squishy, but once the guards are up, nothing will get through lol.

I'm going to leave Mini up for today, then I'll switch her out tomorrow. But I can switch her back if anybody else wants to try for the esper moogle mission, just let me know.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Maxed my cute lil Olive's LB thanks to the event.

Shame she'll never be a companion unit because of Orlandeau fever. :(

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Burned my Ariana ticket on the banner...a gold crystal, could it finally be?

My 12th Chizuru, and 5th in 10 days!

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Is it just a display bug, or is the daily pull banner still Egg Seekers and not Awakened Warriors? I'm not complaining if that's the case, but it seems weird that they'd introduce a new banner but keep the daily tied to an older one.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Is it just a display bug, or is the daily pull banner still Egg Seekers and not Awakened Warriors? I'm not complaining if that's the case, but it seems weird that they'd introduce a new banner but keep the daily tied to an older one.

Not sure if it's a bug or not, but they definitely kept the daily banner as the Egg Seekers and it's the first time they've ever done something like this. Pretty cool.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Are refia's 6 star awakening mats king mog exclusives? Prismatic horn and rainbow bloom in particular -- am I screwed on awakening ref until the next event starts?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Typically all 6* mats are found from King Mog

I don't recall any dropping in the chamber of awakening...

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

hagie posted:

Typically all 6* mats are found from King Mog

I don't recall any dropping in the chamber of awakening...

Enchanted Maze drops 'em, every now and then the daily material chest has one, but other than that yeah. The non-Mog events have usually had at least 5x of each too.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Maxed my cute lil Olive's LB thanks to the event.

Shame she'll never be a companion unit because of Orlandeau fever. :(

I leave my Olive up even though I have TGC. My Cid is 900+ despite Olive having the best gear, but I feel he's 2nd rate without a Gengi Glove.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

I leave my Olive up even though I have TGC. My Cid is 900+ despite Olive having the best gear, but I feel he's 2nd rate without a Gengi Glove.

Yea, no Black Cowl, GG or Brave Suit makes my TGC feel like a bum.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Did the Ariana event and found it way easier than 2 months ago.

Mostly because I've gotten to a stronger point.

Ysholta with white cape
Cecil
Firion
Dangerous Gimp Bunny
Chizuru #1
KDDidit's Olive

Smoked it.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Is dangerous Ariana worth taking to 6* and mainstaying in my party? It would mean my usual party would be:

Chizuru
Exdeath
Yshtola
Dangerous Ariana
Thancred

Any feedback would be great, even in regard to the efficiency of the rest of my party.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Is dangerous Ariana worth taking to 6* and mainstaying in my party? It would mean my usual party would be:

Chizuru
Exdeath
Yshtola
Dangerous Ariana
Thancred

Any feedback would be great, even in regard to the efficiency of the rest of my party.

What other interesting units you got? Thancred isn't too great.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

dangerous.hotdog posted:

What other interesting units you got? Thancred isn't too great.

Xiao, Minfilia, Soleil, Cerius?

I really like Olive but don't have her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Xiao, Minfilia, Soleil, Cerius?

I really like Olive but don't have her.

Xiao isn't too shabby and requires very, very little gear to get up and running. Her Rockbreaker and Crushing Kick moves are great.

• Locked thread