Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Still have a T520 that I use for personal stuff and the occasional work thing at customer sites. The screen kind of sucks though so I think I might get a replacement high DPI one since they're a hundred bucks new old stock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
This is the rifle my dad has :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_34

Looks like it was just his dads. But still its a bloody old gun. Only made from 1932-1935.

edit : he still uses it and stuck a scope on it. Told me he shaved an edge off a playing card at ~100 yards.

edit edit :

Holy gently caress that price.

ded fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jun 20, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Can you imagine a modern-day consumer reading all of that ad copy?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Have a $4 transformers movie ticket and two months free ($20) code for amazon music if anyone wants it

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

cowboy elvis posted:

Can you imagine a modern-day consumer reading all of that ad copy?

its not as bad as five minute youtube ads before poo poo. tell your peeps they're wasting tons of money on that thanks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Youtube started doing interstitial ads and they're jarring as gently caress in content that was not actually designed with ad breaks in mind

Like it just cuts in mid-sentence with an incredibly loud ad with some future road rage murderers saying the new chevy truck looks BEAST MODE

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Lenovo makes some legit high end laptops. Yogas and Carbon Blacks rule. I have a carbon black and a surfacebook (whatever the highest end one is) for work right now. Prefer the carbon black, although I'm running a couple Linux distros on it right now it was great with Windows 10 too

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

luxury doesn't matter when it phones home

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Buca di Bepis posted:

Youtube started doing interstitial ads and they're jarring as gently caress in content that was not actually designed with ad breaks in mind

Like it just cuts in mid-sentence with an incredibly loud ad with some future road rage murderers saying the new chevy truck looks BEAST MODE

Facebook does the same poo poo and has done it for a couple months now. The video will be 17 seconds long and you get loving four seconds of it before an ad pops up.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

SwampDonkey posted:

luxury doesn't matter when it phones home
Seriously. The only computer I actually use Windows on anymore is my desktop because that machine gets used purely for video games.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Even with the malware I'd rather have a Lenovo than an HP. Never again.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My HP has served me just fine in the last year.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
HP makes poo poo everything I loving hate that company

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My Dell XPS 15 came without bloatware.

It also came with non-functional drivers for several components that caused tons of bluescreens and crashes but you can't win 'em all.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

T-series ThinkPads are having your cake and eating it. The Cult of ThinkPad exists for good reason.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

milk milk lemonade posted:

Lenovo makes some legit high end laptops. Yogas and Carbon Blacks rule. I have a carbon black and a surfacebook (whatever the highest end one is) for work right now. Prefer the carbon black, although I'm running a couple Linux distros on it right now it was great with Windows 10 too

I had a Yoga and that thing was a gigantic pile of poo poo with parts failures and software bullshit. The Win 10 update bricked it and Lenovo was so lovely to deal with CS wise I finally got the retailer to refund the purchase price under their purchase warranty and got a MacBook.

So your mileage may very with Lenovo.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
That's pretty weird. My company buys a couple a week, don't have issues with them that I'm aware of. They are susceptible to drops though.....

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Buca di Bepis posted:

Look at this guy without an ad blocker.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

Some sites have pop-ups begging you to remove ad blockers. :qq:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Buca di Bepis posted:

These annoy the gently caress out of me.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Giving Lenovo money is a pain in the dick so we resell Dell exclusively now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

cowboy elvis posted:

These annoy the gently caress out of me.

Yo boops what the gently caress is the deal with companies declaring themselves "YOUR store" or whatever. I mean it just seems really patronizing

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

not caring here posted:

Yeah, just before I got my med board hearing test I had to go to the once a year army one. And despite the fact that I was just hitting randomly apparently my hearing had not changed. When I got the results I said I was surprised with all the ringing and not hearing anything, some dude came practically running out from the back office to tell everyone that the test is fine, there's not reason to not trust the test, now get out all of you.

A week later I'm off post doing the hearing exam and the lady tells me "oh, you've got constant pressure on your left ear drum, your hearing is about 20% less than your baseline, and the ringing in your ears is probably around whatever hertz"

I have no idea what the army dude's game was or why he wanted to deny any kind of hearing problems for anyone, but it was super weird.

Yeah I failed the test once. They restarted it, and my hearing had magically not deviated from the previous year's results. ASTOUNDING.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I was always told my hearing never deviated and I never thought anything of it, now I'm not so sure

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You can have tinnitus--ringing in the ears--with and without hearing loss, just FYI. Either can also be one sided, or both.

Sorry not calling y'all dumbs just wanted to clarify in case you thought you needed one to have the other

But please, for the two people in this thread that are still in, get your poo poo documented if you have any sort of ringing/hearing loss.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Yeah it's really fun being 28 and sounding like an old man going "what?" All the drat time.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Two Finger posted:

Yo boops what the gently caress is the deal with companies declaring themselves "YOUR store" or whatever. I mean it just seems really patronizing

Can you elaborate?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

oh yeah and don't be too cool for your ear pro because you're 19 and healthy

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Edge is the only browser that actually does hardware rendering for YouTube and I got lazy and forgot to install uBlock for it

I will correct that mistake

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

cowboy elvis posted:

Can you elaborate?

Eh there's a chain here called Farmers that uses 'your store' as its motto. And I guess all the companies that refer to themselves as 'your such and such experts'.
Like I get it's to create familiarity or whatever but it just seems so loving transparent that I can't see how anyone can see it as endearing and not patronising as gently caress.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Weird, I never seem to have any issues with my reviled expensive hipster Macbook.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Zeris posted:

Weird, I never seem to have any issues with my reviled expensive hipster Macbook.

I don't have any use for a laptop anymore, but if I ever do need one again, it will be a macbook for sure. I loved the last one I had to death. Although I heard Apple is trying to push out software that isn't purchased from the App Store or whatever they call it on OSX.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

You can have tinnitus--ringing in the ears--with and without hearing loss, just FYI. Either can also be one sided, or both.

Sorry not calling y'all dumbs just wanted to clarify in case you thought you needed one to have the other

But please, for the two people in this thread that are still in, get your poo poo documented if you have any sort of ringing/hearing loss.

Yeah but typing eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gets the point across a lot easier than saying, "I can't hear a lot of the other sides of conversations and have to ask people to repeat themselves about every third statement and I have since age 30."

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

bengy81 posted:

I don't have any use for a laptop anymore, but if I ever do need one again, it will be a macbook for sure. I loved the last one I had to death. Although I heard Apple is trying to push out software that isn't purchased from the App Store or whatever they call it on OSX.

The things last forever, never break, and require a bare minimum of fiddling/configuring in terms of software and system settings. I used to care about that poo poo, but I got lazy and just want something to type on that doesn't require extra thought.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Zeris posted:

The things last forever, never break, and require a bare minimum of fiddling/configuring in terms of software and system settings. I used to care about that poo poo, but I got lazy and just want something to type on that doesn't require extra thought.

IT JUST WORKS

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I got a Mac book Air for Christmas. drat solid little laptop. My little sis has a boss fully loaded big MacBook Pro or whatever and the screen on that thing is gorgeous. Makes my HD display on the Air look like dogshit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Two Finger posted:

IT JUST WORKS

this but unironically

i have no use at all for a laptop anymore though

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Working a 13-hour day in Yakima kinda sucks, but at least I'm not mustang.

Hey sir, how's that mre? I think brigade said it's time to jump toc again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

OE-254 goes up, OE-254 comes down.

OE-254 goes up, OE-254 comes down.

And that, kids, is why you strap it to the side of the truck.

• Locked thread