Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

lol @ any Karmafleet member who calls themselves a goon

an exception may be made for micromancer, as he is a true goon hero

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rudeboy Detective posted:

I bet there isn't a single weird eve pub reading this thread religiously, thinking they're some kind of true goon illuminati

Oh they already pasted that joke chat log someone slapped together as a true thing that happened, and it’s not the first time someone shitposting here got featured on Reddit as a super serious eve post.

Like I got reposted as proof that cracks were forming during some war and I’m like “no what, goons loving up and us posting hilariously through it is like my favorite thing to both do and watch”

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

Oh they already pasted that joke chat log someone slapped together as a true thing that happened, and it’s not the first time someone shitposting here got featured on Reddit as a super serious eve post.

Like I got reposted as proof that cracks were forming during some war and I’m like “no what, goons loving up and us posting hilariously through it is like my favorite thing to both do and watch”

they genuinely believed that siobhan closing the eve thread was proof that she was a moderator flaming out because they don't understand OPs on SA can open and close their own threads

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kazinsal posted:

they genuinely believed that siobhan closing the eve thread was proof that she was a moderator flaming out because they don't understand OPs on SA can open and close their own threads

Lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

Truly sending their best people

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Fajita Queen posted:

lol @ any Karmafleet member who calls themselves a goon

What are the list of acceptable corps? Or necessary traits.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Doomheim

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

floppyspud posted:

What are the list of acceptable corps? Or necessary traits.

1. post

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Solus posted:

Doomheim

:hmmyes:

But even karmafleet members can post

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

floppyspud posted:

:hmmyes:

But even karmafleet members can post

A goon is just a member of something awful, ain't got nothing to do with eve.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

the ten dollar bond supersedes all space politics

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Little do they know that eve goons relationship with the moderation team here is more of a zookeepers and monkies situation.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Do you have a favorite pepe?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Fajita Queen posted:

hosed up if true

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
hahahaha how is elusif real just walk away from the game like close your eyes

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Kazinsal posted:

they also think that there can be only one EVE thread and I would use this "rule" to ensure the locked EVE thread remains the only EVE thread by unlocking it, asking the mods to nuke the other one, then locking it again

r/eve is loving stupid

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

dragonshardz posted:

r/eve is loving stupid

It's run by an actual for real fascist so this should surprise nobody lol

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
le reddit

Wookybear
Dec 14, 2016

How does this work?

dragonshardz posted:

r/eve is loving stupid

Much like you are posting.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Wookybear posted:

Much like you are posting.

counterpoint: no u

*reverse uno card*

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fajita Queen posted:

Oh. Why am I not surprised.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Do you have a favorite pepe?

No

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

it's too hard to pick a favorite, huh

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Oh. Why am I not surprised.

Yeah the mod in question (jibrish) instantly bans anybody who mentions this and sometimes people who have mentioned it elsewhere if he finds out about it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fajita Queen posted:

Yeah the mod in question (jibrish) instantly bans anybody who mentions this and sometimes people who have mentioned it elsewhere if he finds out about it.

Eve has a long history of people who would love to be historic WW2 re-enactors as camp guards on the losing side if they could.

I can say a lot of poo poo that upset me about GSF over the years but at least the overt guys got booted. Shame their spaces were filled by the kind of folks who watch Andrew Tate YouTube’s.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

Fajita Queen posted:

Hyperbole isn’t clear on the internet, is there something more about that person other being a vocal conservative?
I was telling someone the other day how I’m pretty sure my one of my local hospitals has nazis running it and it was extremely difficult to convey I meant like actual old timey Nazis even after I sent articles from the 80s about the extradition proceedings in court for the “Butcher of the Balkans”.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

BUY EVE GOLD! GREAT PRICES!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

salartarium posted:

Hyperbole isn’t clear on the internet, is there something more about that person other being a vocal conservative?

Honestly if social conservative? That’s enough for me. Fiscal are just guilty of being kinda stupid. Social is evil and stupid.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

proof of goosefleet’s support for an rmt empire

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

god I forgot we had that lmao

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lmao

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
We've had like.... 3 prominent eve online players outed as nonces in the last year.

Some nazis existing doesn't surprise me

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Solus posted:

We've had like.... 3 prominent eve online players outed as nonces in the last year.

Some nazis existing doesn't surprise me

Boy I hate that. Anyone we’d know or is it just rabble?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

dragonshardz posted:

goosefleet was a retirement home that was just going to do dumb poo poo until we got bored so we didn't ask a lot of questions about what people were doing ingame. as long as it wasn't, y'know, harboring a pedophile or being a sex pest or generally otherwise being a lovely person, go nuts.

holding sov at all was and is imo a successful effort to stop relying on donations from rich old money goons to run the alliance. you know who funded us the most? solo loving drakban. not elusif.

and then we suddenly got successful by accident, but having not looked gift horses in the mouth before...we kept not asking.

so when things came to a head and i was getting emails from loving reddit about people tagging my username on a subreddit i'm banned from because u/avree thinks i'm "deranged" for wishing minor inconveniences on another subreddit mod, it became very clear: EVE sucks and continuing to play it in the face of all this poo poo was just going to deal endless SAN damage to me.

it was also clear that doing so would damage the ability of other people still within gooseflock to play the game on their terms, and that i'd find myself unwelcome anywhere else because everyone's now heard the narrative that i accepted RMT and helped launder it...gently caress it. if i can't play with my friends, i just won't play at all.

whatever. for those of you on reddit lurking this thread, no i'm not still playing on an alt. why the gently caress would i want to?

:sympathy:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rhymenoserous posted:

Boy I hate that. Anyone we’d know or is it just rabble?

The Mittani, Xenuria, and whoever was mentioned in that big hellpost that got permabanned in the big drama thread a while ago. Probably more too but I don't keep on top of all that poo poo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

RMT is a worse crime than being a grotesque sex pest because I more strongly identify as "eve online player and weirdo" than a "human being"

hope this helps!!!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Fajita Queen posted:

The Mittani, Xenuria, and whoever was mentioned in that big hellpost that got permabanned in the big drama thread a while ago. Probably more too but I don't keep on top of all that poo poo.

eve "influencer" ashterothi has a criminal record about carnal knowledge of a minor

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Fajita Queen posted:

Oh. I knew about them I assumed a more recent thing cropped up.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

I'm just miffed that the salty bitch on reddit targeted the director who's running for CSM to try to tank his chances

This game's revenue stream is like 90% bots though so chances are CCP won't give a poo poo about any of this anyways

in the past gsf leaders and members openly have cheered on doxxing of previous csm candidates and rallied votes to release that doxxing info in the past. this isn't surprising.]gsf leaders and members openly talked about (and cheered on) their doxxing of previous csm candidates and rallied votes to release that doxxing info in the past. this isn't surprising that supposed gsf members are targeting people in this sort of manner.

not to mention previous doxxing stuff being handwaved away in the eve threads over the years until digi finally ate a permaban.

edit - trip down memory lane: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3447025&pagenumber=244&perpage=40#post401304823

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The old gsf folks use to being lords of offsite fiefdoms were often shocked that they couldn't just dox over here. What do you mean I can't just link this persons linkedin? Don't you know he is my space enemy? I didn't even post their address, why is everyone freaking out?