Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

cravius posted:

*some edgelords in a park doing Nazis salutes*

the dawn of the 4th Reich is surely upon us!

Try thinking a little bit more about things, you might find it fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

cravius posted:

*some edgelords in a park doing Nazis salutes*

the dawn of the 4th Reich is surely upon us!

*looks on a bunch of people doing nazi salutes, calling for genocide, and running around with torches and guns* hmm nothing to see here uh wait hold on what's this WOAH HOLD THE loving PHONE LOOK AT THESE loving NAZIS OVER HERE TRYING TO SHUT DOWN THE DISCOURSE! no not the white supremacists. yes, that black guy trying to oppose these poor totally harmless weirdos. what about 1960?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

cravius posted:

The forcible oppression of opposing ideologies for starters.

Lol gently caress off you nazi bootlick.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Someone post the story of the anarcho capitalist who visited Greece? and hung out with some actual anti fa anarchist then they kicked his rear end when they found out they were a anarcho capitalist

Haha here it is from reddit

quote:

I don't usually use forums or Reddit, I usually just post comments on Ancap blogs like Molyneux or Cantwell's blog, but they didn't seem appropriate places to post my story. So here goes, I just wanted to share this with all of you.
Nov 3 I flew to Europe for a Eurotrip type tour. Not a guide or packaged deal, just going around by myself. I paid for half of the trip with the wages I earned over the last two years, my dad paid for the other half. I am 19, I guess that is normal starting college and all. (Before that I worked for my dad's company part time, so I guess you could say he paid for all of it, lol).
I did France and then Italy and then Greece next. I am an Ancap so I wanted to see anarchists in these places. Yes, I know they are different kinds of "anarchists" and not really full anarchists like us. I went to an anarchist book store in Italy and it had a lot of English books, but no Rothbard or Ancap. Like I said, I expected that, not a surprise.
I went to Greece, which everyone knows is famous for its revolutionary anarchism, its economic crisis and everything going on right now. Here I found directions for a local anarchist center. I went and didn't see anybody, but it was covered in graffiti, mostly in Greek so I couldn't read it. Whatever, I started taking pictures. Then some people came out and confronted me.
This should have been my first warning sign something was not right, because photography is not a crime. They were not violent, but they were not friendly, like asking who I was, what I wanted. They all spoke good English actually. Not uncommon in Greece. I said I was a tourist and an anarchist and I just wanted to take pictures. Then they got friendly and told me I should have asked first (but pictures are no NAP violation so I don't know why, but I didn't say anything) and they invited me inside.
We hung out for a while and smoked hash (there is no good dank in Europe as you might find out like in Cali, everyone smokes hash with tobacco which isn't as cool as it sounds). We started talking about politics and anarchism. I was trying to talk about the state, they were like yeah no doubt the state was bad. But they wanted to talk about capitalism, capitalism this and that. This is when we started to get into a debate.
I told them that what they called capitalism is different from the free market. They said capitalism is free markets. And I said I agreed. That is what I am saying. Real capitalism is free markets. And they said yes, that is what we are trying to get rid of. And I said no, but we don't even have that right now. We need more free markets. And everyone at the same time was like "nooo" we are anarchists, we are against capitalism. Anarchists oppose capitalism.
And I said but not anarcho-capitalists. Anarcho-capitalists are the anarchists who support capitalism. I had a fanny pack (yeah, lame I know) for my camera and in that I had this yellow and black bowtie (also super lame, it was a joke but I wasnt wearing it). And I said look, these are the Ancap colors, yellow and black, like versus the communist red and black. Well, these guys had a lot of red and black in the building already so I thought they would get it.
I think that is when it started to get a really bad vibe, really tense in the air. The free market thing was funny, we disagreed but I think they thought I was just confused. Everyone was uncomfortable now. Then someone said markets wont work with democracy. And I said exactly, that's it, democracy is against anarchism. And they kind of agreed, and said yes, we don't have real democracy, just governments, and we needed more democracy. I said no, we need less democracy, democracy is the enemy. And we need to end democracy to have anarchy. Then they were all like "noooo" again. You know that thing people do in groups when everyone all says "nooo" or expresses some disapproval at the same time.
And one of them said "but we do want to stop democracy" and then they kind of spoke back and forth in Greek. I didn't really understand it. And they asked me what I meant.
So I said okay, I had the floor, I was going to tell them about ancapism. And I tried to explain to them some Rothbard and Hoppe. I said the natural order in anarchy is that the best rise to the top, the market picks who is the best. They compete and are peaceful. They said what do we want instead of anarchy. I said we want private owners to own their own land and businesses, and to employ people. They said that is what we have now. I said no, it would be even better. One of the guys said it was like feudalism. And I said it is not feudalism.
Eventually one of the guys spoke up and I thought he was Greek, but he spoke English perfectly so he may have not been. He said he knew what anarcho-capitalism was and that we were basically fascists. He asked me if I thought everything should be private. And I said yes. And he asked me if I thought people were unequal. And I told him yes. And that not everyone would have equal rights. I said everyone has the right to own property and not be done aggression against. But that not everyone had to be treated equally by the owners. He said what about immigrants and racism. And I said that would not happen in a free market, but yes property owners could be racist if they wanted to. They had to respect property.
Then he called me a fascist again, and someone else said I was a fascist. And then they basically all started shouting fascist at me, and one of them grabbed me by the wrists. They pulled me out the door, it was up three floors, and basically drug me down the stairs on my back. It hurt really bad and I remember yelling "you're breaking the NAP" and things like that. "Stop initiating force against me." Then they kicked me around on the ground in the hallway, before they took my camera and threw me outside. I was crying and stuff, I just sat there. I was in shock because it was so sudden. Looking back there were warning signs though.

I think they felt bad for me and gave the camera back, but when I looked later they stole the memory card with all of my Greek photos.
So they initiated force and theft. They broke the NAP. I knew the left anarchists were not real anarchists, but I never knew they would do something that bad.
I wasnt seriously hurt, just kicked around a little, lots of bruises and little cuts. I am fine guys so don't worry. Just needed to share.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

TGLT posted:

*looks on a bunch of people doing nazi salutes, calling for genocide, and running around with torches and guns* hmm nothing to see here uh wait hold on what's this WOAH HOLD THE loving PHONE LOOK AT THESE loving NAZIS OVER HERE TRYING TO SHUT DOWN THE DISCOURSE! no not the white supremacists. yes, that black guy trying to oppose these poor totally harmless weirdos. what about 1960?

Antifa has been way more violent than the basement dwelling "Nazis"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cravius posted:

missed the flight to charlotesville huh buddy

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

cravius posted:

It's good when people are violent towards Nazis because they're Nazis.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That's still one of my favorite stories.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

cravius posted:

yeah who the gently caress even is dylan roof anyways? nazi bus stabber? pfft whatever who even goes on a bus really anyways. hoLY poo poo AN ANTIFA PUNCHED A GUY?! woah, not cool! settle down! really if you two would just come together we could find common ground here.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

cravius posted:

Who's advocating for killing anyone?

Do.... do you know what nazis are?

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

TGLT posted:

yeah who the gently caress even is dylan roof anyways? nazi bus stabber? pfft whatever who even goes on a bus really anyways. hoLY poo poo AN ANTIFA PUNCHED A GUY?! woah, not cool! settle down! really if you two would just come together we could find common ground here.

Light rail train stabber actually.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

cravius posted:

No thanks. Antifa are more facist than those weirdos in the park

Oh, what a shock, a fascist Pats poster.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Hollismason posted:

Someone post the story of the anarcho capitalist who visited Greece? and hung out with some actual anti fa anarchist then they kicked his rear end when they found out they were a anarcho capitalist

My favorite part of that story is his showing the yellow and black bow tie. Yes here see it's cool because unlike red and black like you guys, the colors of my beliefs are yellow and black the same colors neo Nazi groups use today in many parts of Europe and I feel we need less democracy. No poo poo there was a bad vibe in the room after that. :laffo:

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Aug 12, 2017

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

cravius posted:

Yeah, God knows those basement-dwelling Nazis aren't actually out and about yelling 'blood and soil' and engaging in torch-lit marches.

Oh.

Oh wait a second.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Boon posted:

Got buried somewhere last night, but far more important than a bunch of white supremacists staging a rally (which are dwarfed by the white supremacist rallies staged by the Trump campaign) is Trump making some big declaration Monday about investigating Chinese trade practices and the possible subsequent trade war.

Buckle up folks, because if you think 1-2k fascists are bad, just wait till we hit that recession.

Trump doesn't have any real power at this point. He's already done all he can via unilateral executive order and congress + the surviving parts of the federal govt are essentially ignoring him. He isn't competent enough to organize an investigation into trade practices even if he wanted to, and he doesn't because he doesn't want anything aside from attention and praise. Stop treating his pronouncements as anything other than him trying to get more attention, the whole spectacle is pathetic. If you're still confused consider his rhetoric regarding NK against the complete inaction of any branch of the military.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

WampaLord posted:

Oh, what a shock, a fascist Pats poster.

i'm a pats fan :(

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Antifa has been around forever and exists to fight more than Nazis. The Nazis are a FAR bigger problem.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm a pats fan :(

You're One Of The Good Ones. :glomp:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Endorph posted:

when hundreds of nazis are holding a rally in the heart of a major american city with the police implicitly on their side, yes, it is cause for concern

I would not classify Charlottesville, VA as a major American city.

But then again I've been there so

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

WampaLord posted:

You're One Of The Good Ones. :glomp:

I'm a smug rear end in a top hat Pats fan but at least I'm not a Nazi.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
-wear a frog pin and spew horrible, evil words

- hit people with a bike lock, burn down businesses, mace people

Yes, seems like a proportional response.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

cravius posted:

Good for them. You don't deal with fascists with hugs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mike Signers rules

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Boon posted:

I would not classify Charlottesville, VA as a major American city.

But then again I've been there so

its fairly small but has a large university and is of historical significance

would 'a moderately important american city' be a better term

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Shocking news update, coward blames people who fight back against Nazis for being violent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cravius posted:

yeah, i agree.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/896369045246816256

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Hollismason posted:

lmfao at an ancap whining being ejected from a private residence is a "NAP violation"

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

AlternateNu posted:

The first thing I thought after looking at the photos of the Nazi rally was: "I want to fill a super soaker with kerosene and spray them with it."

Does this make me a bad person? :ohdear:

When I saw someone wonder why no one is selling torches to these fucks that aren't tiki torches (at a huge markup of course) my mental thought was go a step further and rig them to detect when a bunch of them were in close proximity, them rapidly dump and ignite their fuel. Basically, a bunch of tiny thermobaric bombs.

So, maybe you're a bad person, but you're hardly the worst.

e: collateral damage would be a problem ofc.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Aug 12, 2017

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's such a good story " I calmly explained my fascists beliefs and then these anarchists kicked the poo poo out of me!! How rude!"

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

cravius posted:

So we're gonna ignore the fact that people have photo evidence of Nazis marching into the park with rifles, then?

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

maskenfreiheit posted:

prediction: at some point in the next 6 months, we're going to have a Kent State style incident - only it'll be peaceful protesters being shot by some fat nazi rather than the National Guard

And there's still gonna be whiny centrists going "Let's not be violent being like them won't solve anything we have to be kind otherwise we're just as bad as them"

EDIT: Goddammit Cravius when I said that I was joking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hollismason posted:

It's such a good story " I calmly explained my fascists beliefs and then these anarchists kicked the poo poo out of me!! How rude!"

i feel like when the one guy called you a fascist you should have hurriedly pivoted to the left, considering the situation you're in

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

cravius posted:

This country has killed a lot of nazis. I didn't see many people whining about "proportional response" when we did. In fact we view those nazi killers as heroes and the "greatest generation." As we should.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Or that we're ignoring the nazis who have been stabbing and shooting people the last few years.

These are people who are marching for the right to oppress and eradicate people. gently caress Nazis

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
If it's a question of who we'd prefer to live around, I'll take the guy who breaks windows over the eugenics guy. Fetishizing property rights like we do is weird and the Nazi respects things over people. People are worth more than property.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Nazis are bad but privately white liberals say poo poo just as bad or even worse.

A lot of nazis are frustrated suburban chumps who hate a racially integrated society and feel powerless to stop it.

A lot of white liberals champion racial integration and antiracism but make sure that their own institutions and places of work are whites only or as close to it as possible.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Shifty Nipples posted:

Light rail train stabber actually.

I'm not sure if that makes his plan dumber or not. I mean I guess he wasn't planning on getting away in the first place.

Also could bring up the guy who shot up the Overland Park Jewish Community Center back in 2014, but somehow I feel cravius will just reiterate how little he thinks the actions of these white supremacists poor aggrieved political opponents mean anything. I mean they're just basement dwellers. Sebastian Gorka, the guy in the white house with ties to a group of actual nazis? Who? An NSC memo explicitly reiterating these same talking points? Uh nah, I just see some harmless basement dwelling weirdos outside of their basement marching around with weapons chanting nazi poo poo trying to engage in the political process a little.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Using the white working class as an airbag to cushion the blow of integration while making sure liberal bastions like the New York Times et. al. remain more or less whites only institutions is why trump won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Endorph posted:

i feel like when the one guy called you a fascist you should have hurriedly pivoted to the left, considering the situation you're in

It still makes me laugh thinking about the just complete lack of situational awareness of that guy

"Hrmmm well this group of anarchists is calling me a fascists and I am the only person here. Better double down!"

• Locked thread