Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This one is eerie

My [34/M] wife [35/F] disappeared to California for 6 months, everything is weird now

I feel like the next update is going to come from his friend, who will end his tale with a horrid description of a thing on his doorstep.

What kind of closure does this dude need? Seriously. Your wife left for 6 months with no word to anyone except your nanny. Then she had some kind of sociopathic break and doesn't regard you or your kids with normal love and affection. Just divorce her and recommend therapy. :sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

What kind of closure does this dude need? Seriously. Your wife left for 6 months with no word to anyone except your nanny. Then she had some kind of sociopathic break and doesn't regard you or your kids with normal love and affection. Just divorce her and recommend therapy. :sever:

but marshal and lilly stayed together!!#!!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Why can't people just type poo poo instead of poop like loving adults.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

maskenfreiheit posted:

Showed up to my SO's place with poop in my pants. Thinking about breaking it off cos of the way they treated me.

lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Anyone have a link to that old article written by the guy who talked his girlfriend into polyamory and she left him after she got pregnant

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [20 F] with my boyfriend [23 M] of two years, we had a dumb poop-related fight this morning and I'm wondering who is in the wrong here.

I was hoping this was gonna be about poop knife etiquette.

You should always hang your poop knife on the right side of the toilet. If a left handed person lives in the house, you are required by decorum to have two poop knives. One for each side.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Whorelord posted:

Why can't people just type poo poo instead of poop like loving adults.

I took a poo poo in my ex-girlfriend's bed. Can I get in legal trouble for this?

quote:

Ok so this happened yesterday and I've been freaking out about it since.

State: Illinois

My girlfriend and I broke up a few days ago. I had a key to her place, and she told me that I should go to her place, and drop off her stuff and pick mine up, and then leave the key at her house.

I'm going to be honest, I was pretty upset about the whole situation and angry, and the day that I went to go drop the stuff off and pick up my things, I had been drinking a lot, so I was pretty drunk when I got there. (I took a bus by the way, so no drunk driving here).

Long story short, for whatever reason, something compelled me to get revenge on her on by taking a poo poo in her bed. I honestly don't know why, I've never thought like that before or done anything like that, but for some reason, in my drunk state I took a poo poo in her bed just before heading out.

I got back home, passed out and woke up, and it instantly hit me how bad I had hosed up. I would have gone back and cleaned it up, but I left the key in her place and locked the door on the way out, so I have no way of getting back in.

I've been really worried that I might be able to get into some sort of legal trouble over this. So I guess thats why I'm here. What kind of charges could I face for this?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

maskenfreiheit posted:

I took a poo poo in my ex-girlfriend's bed. Can I get in legal trouble for this?

I immediately respect him more.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If his diet is mostly Chicago based foods then yes, it is assault with deadly intent.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Haifisch posted:

I [42 M] with a woman I've been dating [39 F] just had the worst sexual experience ever and I'm trying to figure out why someone would do this

That's a massive drivel of pointless words over what should have been "I dated a batshit insane woman 2 or 3 times who has very weird ideas about sex and relationships." No one wanted to read this!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

maskenfreiheit posted:

Me [20 F] with my boyfriend [23 M] of two years, we had a dumb poop-related fight this morning and I'm wondering who is in the wrong here.

Even in our most screaming, knock down, drag out fights, I've never called my wife a b-word, let alone the c-word. The c-word is basically scorched earth, I am done with being in a relationship territory. This is :911:, for those confused.

I'm not sure why anyone would put up with that level of disrespect on a day to day basis. I mean, once someone has seriously let you know in no uncertain terms that they want you to stop something, you do. If you care about them even a little bit. I guess the time to fix this was the first time it happened, because now he knows there are no consequences.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

That's a massive drivel of pointless words over what should have been "I dated a batshit insane woman 2 or 3 times who has very weird ideas about sex and relationships." No one wanted to read this!
Would you prefer a short drivel of pointless words?

How can I [late 20s f] get my boyfriend [early 30s] to stop drinking and driving?

quote:

Hi all!

So like the title says I’m looking for advice on how to get my boyfriend to stop drinking and driving. This has been going on probably since I’ve known him but lately it’s bothering me more because the past few times he has woken up in the morning and not remembered what happens after getting home. He used to say “oh I’ve only had a few.” And that’s clearly not the case anymore.

The other thing is I can’t even really wrap my head around why he’s doing it. He could easily call an Uber. We live in the middle of a major city. And trust me, it’s not a money thing. He just spent well over $100 on his dinner the other night. I have offered to pay for his stupid Uber’s. I’ve pointed out how dangerous and selfish it is. I don’t want to lecture him about it because that will just make him tune out? What else can I do? Just looking for any advice. Thanks in advance!

TLDR: my boyfriend [30 m] drinks and drives regularly. How can I approach this without mothering him?
The entire comments section can be summed up as "call the cops and dump him next time he drives drunk."

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

maskenfreiheit posted:

2) the "i'm about to take a poo poo position" involves putting your feet up on the tub :confused:

https://youtu.be/YbYWhdLO43Q?t=34

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My[M25] Girlfriend [F26] wants me to let her look at my poop...

quote:

We've been dating for a little under a year and things have been going pretty well. Not as great lately, but pretty well.

Some gross details ahead:

I was raised in a household where it wasn't considered normal to talk about what goes on in the bathroom unless there was an issue, like you were sick or something. My GF's family is a little more open about these things. I've only recently become comfortable farting around her, but I really really don't like talking about what I do on the toilet. I just don't see it as being any of her business. We don't live together, but we usually spend all weekend together and sleep over at one of our places. I usually try to refrain from pooping when we're together unless I know that I can shower afterwards. It's just more comfortable to me to let it all go when I get home on Monday. I guess that she's picked up on this, because she's made some comments recently, usually concerning the fact that I'm not comfortable with my body around her.

It kind of escalated this weekend. I had some uhh, digestive issues, and spent a longer time than usual on the toilet. I guess that she was concerned, because when I got out, she started asking me all sorts of questions about what went on in there. It isn't like I am 100% opposed to talking about what goes on, but I found it really intrusive to talk about what had just gone on in there and I told her to stop. She said that "we need to be able to talk about our bodies if we're going to be together" and said that my lack of trust and comfort were hurting our relationship. She also said that there was no way that she would let me have anal sex with her (which I want as both a giver and a receiver more than she does as either) if I couldn't talk about poop.

She came up with an idea which I loving hate. She originally wanted us to watch each other poop, but I was so adamantly opposed to that that she backed down to something else. After I go, I'm supposed to just leave it there without flushing and invite her in to look at it, and she's supposed to do the same for me. I'm not at all comfortable with this. Ok I get that maybe I'm a little bit too shy and maybe I'm wrong to be uncomfortable with natural body functions, but this seems really extreme and like a violation of my privacy. I don't want to look at her poo poo, and I don't see why she needs to look at mine.

Am I right to think that this is hosed up, or is she right to think that I have a problem that needs fixing? Most of all, how do I communicate to her that I recognize that she has valid points, but I think that her solutions are terrible and make me uncomfortable?

tl;dr My GF wants to solve my bathroom shyness by looking at my poop, I need help drawing boundaries.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Should we [20s, M/F] say something to our roommate about his eating habits? [20M]

quote:

I changed all names because abbreviations started to confuse me.

My boyfriend and his flatmates are all early 20s, college students. At the moment, I've been living with my boyfriend. One of his flatmates, Carl, really loves to cook. Last semester, it wasn't uncommon for him to spend a good few hours cooking up tacos, beef stew, homemade pasta sauce, etc.

Last week, Carl's roommate noticed a pill bottle on Carl's desk prescribed for multiple vitamin and calcium deficiencies. For the past few weeks, we have all noticed that Carl has stopped cooking. Instead, he's been eating purely Cheezits. Just today, he took 2 bags of Cheezits into his room, and when I asked, confirmed that that was his dinner.

This is already the second or third box of Cheezits he's purchased in the past two months. I'm talking big, bulk-size from Costco. This box is already half empty, and it was replaced only just this week.

Should we say something to Carl? He is never in the apart during the day, and is very introverted. When he comes back, he basically stays in his room all the time and only comes out to pour himself a cup of water, or to grab more bags of Cheezits. I'm not sure how to approach him on this subject, considering just saying "Hi, how was your day" is already super difficult. What should we do?

TL;DR: Found out that one of our flatmates has some form of nutrient deficiency, but not sure how to approach him about it.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
He probably just won a contest for a lifetime supply of cheeze-its, the problem will solve itself in a 30 days.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Haifisch posted:

Should we [20s, M/F] say something to our roommate about his eating habits? [20M]

Carl might be depressed as gently caress. People’s eating habits can go weird if you get to a point where you don’t care and basic day to day things feel like too much effort.

E:

dudeness posted:

He probably just won a contest for a lifetime supply of cheeze-its, the problem will solve itself in a 30 days.

LOL

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
This is excretable behavior. I hope all these people with lovely partners end up dumping them. Eliminating that kind of human waste would feel amazing. These relationships sound crappy anyway, it's just time to flush them out of your life.

Poop.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

girl pants posted:

This is excretable behavior. I hope all these people with lovely partners end up dumping them. Eliminating that kind of human waste would feel amazing. These relationships sound crappy anyway, it's just time to flush them out of your life.

Poop.

:golfclap:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
If you aren't mutual poop observers, how can you say you're in a stable and loving relationship?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
My [15M] brother [17M] asked our brothers girlfriend's son [I think he's 2 or 3] why his mother did not make him a burrito instead of a sandwich because she's Hispanic. Brother [24M] is pissed off with us both.

quote:

My brother is pissed off with us both at the moment. My brothers and his girlfriend just moved in together. They met in college, and she had a child with another guy before they started dating. He's not in the kids life from what I understand. My brother is white and she's Hispanic.

Yesterday we were visiting our brother to have a BBQ. The kid was munching on a sandwich we saw his mother make for him. It was more a kid burger. Brothers girlfriend was inside with our mom doing some things. My brother made the joke about being surprised it was not a burrito. The kid repeated asking what a burrito was to his mother. The look she flashed us was the look of death. Our brother is pissed off at us and let us both have it.

tl;dr: Brother is pissed off at us.
:thunk:

quote:

[–]Stranger0nReddit 42 points 7 months ago

Did you do something to make your brother pissed at you specifically? How did you respond to the joke? I feel like there is something missing in your post that would make your brother pissed at you when you weren't the one to ask the burrito question. As for the brother that asked the question, he needs to apologize to both of them.

[–]Burritossssssss [S] -60 points 7 months ago

I laughed and said, "no beans left." Just adding to what I thought was just a joke.
:thunk: :thunk:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Haifisch posted:

My [15M] brother [17M] asked our brothers girlfriend's son [I think he's 2 or 3] why his mother did not make him a burrito instead of a sandwich because she's Hispanic. Brother [24M] is pissed off with us both.

:thunk:

:thunk: :thunk:

:iiam:

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
(Non-Romantic) Sister (mid-20s) keeps getting lovely tattoos

quote:

UPDATE: Thank you everyone for the advice. I think the route we are going to take is to give her the drawing but explain that it will not look good if she goes to her tattoo artist. We have a few other artists we will show to her and if she picks one of them, we will pay the difference of what she was going to spend at her artist. I'm still going to suggest she tag along on my next one to meet with him since I think he would be a good fit and would do the style she wants well. Again thank you all for your advice.

My (M, mid-30s) sister (F, mid-20s) keeps going to the same tattoo artist for her tattoos. The problem is this guy is not good at all. Line-work is shaky and subpar, shading and blending are super sketchy or non-existant (like he doesn't understand the concept of light source), the artistic liberties he takes don't make logical sense (like having a rib cage on a skeleton go all the way to the hip bone). I haven't done too much digging but i feel like his work has been on r/badtattoos. He's the type of guy who will say "Well normally I charge for $150 but for you it'll be $50." We had a friend win a free tattoo gift certificate from him but noped out after seeing his work. I think she just likes the idea of having a tattoo artist pretty much on speed dial and who is cheap. She seems happy with his work but I feel like she hasn't researched others, like she typed in tattoos places in our area and he popped up first by alphabetical order.

My wife (F, mid-30s) recently did an amazing drawing for my sister to get tattooed and I feel like if my sister goes to this guy, it will look like crap. the detail, the proportions, everything will be bad. And if my sister says my wife drew the tattoo, it will make my wife look bad because she's trying to get into selling her art and it will reflect bad on her hard work.

Do I tell my sister this guy is not good? I feel like if i tell her, she'll think the rest of her tattoos aren't good because he did a majority of them. If I do tell her, how? How do I tell her that "good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good" after she's gone to him so many times.

To be clear, I am in no way a tattoo snob. I was young once and got lovely tattoos of crappy bands for mad cheap at least than reputable. But I don't want her to make the same mistakes I did. Especially now that there are probably 50 great-to-spectacular tattoo artists in our area that aren't that much more expensive.

And I know I should've told her when she first started going to him but I don't see her that often so by the time I saw her after her first couple, she had gotten many more so it was too late by then.

tl;dr: Should I tell my sister her tattoo artist is garbage?

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!
We just got home from a big fancy birthday dinner for my brother’s aunt and like 30% of the conversations were stories about poops and farts.

It made me think of y’all.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Bamabalacha posted:

We just got home from a big fancy birthday dinner for my brother’s aunt and like 30% of the conversations were stories about poops and farts.

It made me think of y’all.

lv u 2 bb <3

My parents [45M/F] think that I [19F] need psychological help because of my obsession with a fictional character.

quote:

So, I'm obsessed with Harley Quinn. Me, being uninformed with comics, had only found out about her during the Suicide Squad hype, and curiously watched Batman: The Animated Series. It was from then on I became enamored with her character.

I think my obsession is healthy, however. I've started a collection of Harley Quinn figurines (that I bought with either my own money, or got for Christmas.. from my parents), and I own more than a few articles of clothing that are Harley related. I splurged (again, with my own money) on a custom made Assault on Arkham based costume. My hair is split down the middle, half red and half black. I've also started collecting comic books, too.

Admittedly, the object of my affections changes every few years. Which, I think is normal for a 'fangirl'. I don't do anything permanent like tattoos because I am aware of this.

My parents would joke about it at first, but they suddenly started to pester me about it when I adopted a little kitten named Batman. I didn't even name this kitten, it was a little black cat I got from the shelter who had named him that.

My mom thinks that I use fictional characters as a coping mechanism and that it is unhealthy. She wants me to see a professional and talk about why I latch onto things. My dad just silently agreed.

Nothing I can tell them will make them think differently. I could be addicted to substances, but instead I choose fictional characters. Does what my mom say have any truth to it?

TLDR; My parents worry something is psychologically wrong with me because I am obsessed with a fictional character and they want me to get help. Do they have a point?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I (21f) feel lied to that my boyfriend (24m) is JUST telling me he is bisexual

quote:

I have nothing against the LGBT community but I feel that he should've told me in the beginning. Just like his preference is girls who date guys and guys who date guys. My preference is guys who date girls ONLY. I feel disgusted and lied to and so humiliated. We've been together 2 years and he is just telling me. Like who does that? I am going to break up with him but I need a way to figure out how to do it without sounding like a huge A hole or homophobe. I just.

I know some of you are going to get angry at me for this but how would you feel if someone you loved kept a huge secret from you? Exactly.

tl;Dr boyfriend kept him being bisexual a secret from me and I feel lied to

Thankfully, the comments are tearing into her:

quote:

"Who does that”

Bisexual people who have been burned by homophobic reactions from people they trusted. You need to dig into WHY you find his bisexuality disgusting - I guarantee it is rooted in homophobic ideals that our society imparts upon us. If this is a dealbreaker, just break the deal. Don’t berate him for keeping his personal information personal until he was comfortable sharing with you.

OP posted:

I'm not gonna berate him, I still haven't berated him. I'm just gonna try and end things in the nicest most non-judgemental way possible

quote:

Do you know what the word "non-judgemental" means?

OP posted:

I mean when I break up with him, I'm gonna attempt to not gonna make him feel bad about anything.

quote:

You're literally breaking up with him because of his sexuality. Something he can't control. You should examine your biphobia and your homophobia because you reek of it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Am I [M25] standing by while my girlfriend [F25] goes on a date with her ex [M27]?

My girlfriend and her ex dated for 3 years before breaking up because he moved out of state for school. The break up really hurt my girlfriend and she begged to get back together but he declined. Almost a year later we met and started dating. Soon after that he came back for a break, and she asked if she could meet up with him and get closure. I said no.

Over the last two years, they texted occasionally but she always told me about it and it was always minor, like birthday wishes. Recently, he did a rotation near us and invited her to dinner. She asked me, and this time I was hesitant but said yes. Immediately afterwards she came over to my place and told me how much she loved me. She said she had idealized him in her head during the breakup and, after seeing him, realized he was just okay and that her relationship and life was much better with me.

A couple days later he sent her an casual instagram DM. This was weird because they never texted casually, but they started to after that. I’ve seen the messages and they could be read as flirty or as friendly. For example, he goes to school in the midwest so she teased him about corn fields and he teased her back. Once she mentioned that she was creeped out while home alone and he offered to Facetime, but she said it was okay and told me about it. He’s coming back again for break and they made plans to hang out again. This time she made them first and told me about them after, but she did tell me about them. She misses his dog so they’re going to walk the dog through the neighborhood and get brunch.

I’m having a really hard time here. I feel like she’s been honest and upfront about everything, but like… that sounds like a date right? A super convenient date for him since it starts and ends at his house, and he could easily invite her in. But at the same time it’s a pretty casual hang out, not a bar or fancy dinner place, and if it was just a random guy friend I wouldn’t see a problem. How do I draw boundaries here?

tl;dr: having trouble drawing boundaries as my gf tries to befriend her ex again. Current issue is that she plans to get lunch and walk his dog with him, which sounds like a date to me.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I like how she phrases it as "lying" as if it's a relevant omission. Would a brunette be mad to find out 2 years into her relationship the guy also found blonde chicks attractive.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
A lovely sibling twofer:

I (27/f) want to skip my brother's (30/m) wedding to go to my friend's (30/f) wedding

quote:

'm sorry if this is long but the background is important I think: I am 3 years younger than my brother, Jim and we are the only 2 children in our immediate family. My entire life Jim has not liked me. I guess I always thought we would grow closer as we got older but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. Literally, one of my first memories is Jim yelling that he didn't want to play with me because he wanted a brother and not a stupid sister. Okay- just kid's stuff. My parents chose the neighborhood we grew up in because there were a lot of kids and we were basically turned loose in the morning and could come back at night. Jim went out of his way to get me actively excluded from this group of kids. And not in an annoying, younger sister wants to tag along kind of way- he went to all the girls my age and told them things like I picked my nose and ate it and that I never showered and I was gross and told all the boys my age that if they played with me they would never be allowed to play with him and his friends. Because out town was small, these were also all the kids I went to school with so I was pretty alone at school to. The only person who was ever kind to me was Ashley. She had 3 older brothers that were total All-American, perfect athletes that were all older than Jim so she was untouchable in our neighborhood and could do whatever she wanted without getting messed with. When Jim tried to tell her I was gross and stupid she said I wasn't and would hang out with me. Pretty much, Ashley took me under her wing, hung out with me and, as we got older, would eat lunch with me in school, walk home with me, etc. When she graduated before me, we stayed close and have been best friends for most of our lives. We live in different cities across the country from each other and have since she left for college but we facetime literally 3 or 4 times a week, visit each other a couple times a year, we made it to each other's college graduations and I was the first person she told about her engagement after her family. By contrast, my brother left our town for a college 30 minutes away and literally the only texts I ever got from him were "mom says i should tell you happy birthday" (actually that was on my facebook wall) and "don't tell me you're thinking about coming here" when I asked him about scheduling a college tour of his school because it had a good program I was interested in.

Jim met his fiance Laura in medical school that's about a 7 hour drive from me right now. and they are in their last year and waiting to hear about residencies right now. They have been together for 2 years and I have met Laura maybe 3 times. She's always seemed nice, she's very sweet to my parents and she and Jim seem happy the few times I've seen them together but I don't know her well at all. I only have her phone number because my mom gave it to me. They are getting married in June and they hope to be matched in the city where they live now (you don't really get a choice with your residency-they tell you where to go) because Laura's from there and Jim and I have a whole bunch of cousins in that city. They are getting married in June in that city as well.

I work in a field where, ultimately, you need a PhD to advance. I started looking at programs and one of the best ones in the country was in the city where Jim and Laura live, but at a different university. When I applied to that program, my dad told Jim that I might be moving there and Jim said "yeah but she's going to have to get in first so I'm not worried". I did get into the program and moved to Jim's city over this past summer to start my program. I couldn't even get Jim to answer an email about good neighborhood's to look at and that's when my mom gave me Laura's number to text her with those questions. Ashley's response was for her and her fiance to take a week off work and help me move. Since moving to this city, I have seen Jim 3 times and one of those times was at the airport after my mom said she wouldn't help Jim with a plane ticket home for the holidays unless he coordinated his flight with mine. I know he's busy but I literally have a text history of monthly asking him to go to dinner or lunch or for a run and him either outright ignoring me or saying no

Ashley is having a very small, family only destination wedding in the country where her parents are from originally the same weekend as my brother, I'm the only person she's invited that's not related to her by blood or marriage. She told me that she totally understands that I will have to miss it for Jim's wedding. I was sad too but felt like my brother came first

Last night I went out to dinner with my cousin. He's pretty close to Jim but he and I have always gotten along well and there's enough of an age gap that he's more like an uncle. He said he thought Jim was being lovely about the wedding and that he'd called him on it but that I should know some things. My cousin told me that:
  • Laura had asked Jim if she should ask me to be a bridesmaid. Jim's response was "why? she can't handle that. she probably won't even make it to the wedding with her bullshit excuses" (the only big life event of Jim's I've ever missed was his high school graduation and I was in the hospital with a burst ovarian cyst) -Laura asked if they should have me do a reading Jim's response was "that should be from someone that actually gives a gently caress about us". I don't even know where this is coming from/ -Jim said that if I wasn't his sister I wouldn't be invited because he doesn't associate with people like me. My cousin asked him what he meant and Jim couldn't clarify just that "you know how she is"
  • Apparently, Jim has said to multiple cousins on multiple occasions that my mother should have given my father a blowjob the night I was concieved
  • Jim is dreading me coming to the wedding because "it's another event that's gonna be all about her" when my cousin asked what Jim meant he couldn't provide any answers of events that I had ruined.
I am heartbroken and I am pissed. I want to tell Jim to go gently caress himself and skip his wedding. I want to go and show my best friend who has loved me unconditionally that I love and support her on her wedding day. My concerns about doing that are that I think I could still have a relationship with Laura somewhere down the line as she tried to include me in the wedding and I'm worried that skipping it will cut that tie forever. That would probably also mean never having a relationship with any kids they may have down the line. Also, I don't know how to have a conversation about this with my parents. They's always believed that Jim and I would get closer as we got older and when they see us together Jim and I are cordial to each other. I can't fathom how I tell my parents all of the things that Jim has said. How can I ask my parents to pick between their only 2 kids. Whose wedding do I go to? Do I suck it up and go to Jim's even though he hates me?

TL;DR: My best friend and brother are getting married that same weekend. After finding out some of the things he's said about me, I think I want to go to my friend's wedding instead but I'mn worried about what that will do to my relationship with my family.

I [22/F] found out why my step-sister [25/F] doesn't talk to me

quote:

My parents divorced when I was 7, and I found out later that my dad had been cheating on my mom for the duration of their 9 year marriage, and 2 years of dating. My mom had a lot of trouble trusting men afterwards, and didn't date until I was 10, when she met my stepdad. I met him after they'd been dating for 6 months, and met his daughter Nina, who was 13 at the time, a month later. They moved in after a year together, he proposed 6 months later, and they were married by the end of the year. Nina was always really awkward. Her parents had divorced when she was 6, and her mom had cut contact and moved across the Atlantic. I had trouble without order when I was a kid, so my mom had a lot of rules- make your bed before you go to school, you can't go out if you haven't done chores, homework must be done before supper, you have to read something each day, etc. My stepdad thought the rules were good- Nina didn't respect him. For much of her life, he'd had no authority over her. When she was a kid, he worked most of the time and her mom doled out punishments and policies. Once she was gone, Nina had a hard time believing that the guy who was just around for playtime had anything hard to say. When he told Nina she was grounded, it held no weight. When her phone got taken, it was for 10 minutes, tops. My mom changed that in an instant. If Nina didn't make her bed, she wasn't allowed to go out with friends until she made it. If she snuck out, her phone was put in the family safe. If she didn't do her homework, my mom would sit with her at the dining table and they wouldn't leave until it was done- their record time for sitting there was 5 hours.

Nina didn't like my mom. They were both stubborn people, clashed a lot, and could never find a common ground. Even when my mom had let up, Nina wanted to wear her down. Even when Nina had let up, my mom wanted to wear her down. They were mutually lovely. I never got involved. I was young, I didn't want to lose favor with my mom (I have no relationship with my dad), and I didn't want to lose favor with Nina. I really liked Nina. I always wanted a sister, but my mom had fertility trouble, so I never got my wish. Nina got to play the role of the annoying older sister in my book, and I loved it. When she chewed me out for using her perfume or trying to look like her, I got giddy. I loved the feeling of having a sister. So, I played with my Barbies and let them fight. I tried to show Nina that I had her back, saying things like "Mom's a jerk" or whatever, but I love my mom, and I didn't see the problem, then, with her rules.

Apparently, this was the wrong move. Nina and I are adults now, and she's married with a baby. She never talks to me. The last time we spoke before Friday was a year ago, when I found out she'd given birth. I was invited to her wedding, but when she was asking family opinions on dates, I let her know that the date she had proposed (not chosen, nothing was booked) was the day I'd be getting surgery for a long-term health issue. She booked her venue for that date anyways, and proceeded despite what I told her. If I had rescheduled, I would've been in agony and at risk of serious complications until the next available date- several months ahead. Our parents dropped me off at the hospital and had to leave immediately after because Nina's cake had been smashed in transit, and I never had hard feelings. It was her wedding, she had planned this as much as I had. Our parents suggested that she Skype or something with me at the reception, and she said it was too hard to execute properly, and there'd be people there who wouldn't get it, etc. Again, no hard feelings about that. It was her wedding, she had a right to reject it, and I was pretty out of it and miserable anyways.

I didn't know Nina was pregnant until she was planning her baby shower, and my mom mentioned it to me. I was not invited because it was "friends only", even though 3 cousins, our parents, and a few aunts were invited. (Note: We didn't discuss her pregnancy often, because that sort of thing is almost taboo in my family. My mom suffered a lot of issues becoming pregnant after me, and it really hurt her, so we try not to discuss it too much.) I didn't know Nina had given birth until my mom sent a picture of the baby swaddled up. I didn't meet her daughter until yesterday, at her first birthday party- which I was only invited to because my mom basically strongarmed my way in. I live 3 hours away, and asked to visit 3 times over the course of the past year. Nina always said no, for several reasons, and I gave her that space and said OK because it's her baby, and her right to refuse.

I got my answers yesterday. My stepdad and Nina got into an argument while everyone was having cake, and left the room to talk. I went to get Nina because the photographer wanted a few pictures of her and the baby, and I heard them fighting. Nina said she doesn't like me because I kowtowed to my mom, took the spotlight away from her on her wedding day, was ungrateful about having a stepniece (not being more "passionate" about wanting to come to the baby shower), and didn't respect her distance when she rejected me visiting. I don't know what to do. I've always wanted a relationship with her. I always wanted her in my life, and now I know she doesn't want me there. I might sound desperate, but any ideas as to how I can try to salvage this? Just a slapdash attempt? Is this even my fault?

TL;DR: My stepsister hates me because I never stood up to my mom, had surgery on her wedding day, didn't fight my way into her baby shower, and supposedly didn't listen to her about not visiting my stepniece.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Absurd Alhazred posted:

"How do I phrase 'I'm breaking up with you because you might have touched another man's dick once' without sounding like a judgemental rear end in a top hat? Please help, reddit."

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

A lovely sibling twofer:

I (27/f) want to skip my brother's (30/m) wedding to go to my friend's (30/f) wedding

I [22/F] found out why my step-sister [25/F] doesn't talk to me

The second one I can potentially understand more from a weird one sided sibling rivalry that came about in an awkward merger of two families, I think the step-sister is still being a shithead but I can sort of understand why a childhood grudge spiraled so hard.

The first one is just confusing, why exactly does the dude hate the OP so much. There's not even a bad reason given.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ArbitraryC posted:

The second one I can potentially understand more from a weird one sided sibling rivalry that came about in an awkward merger of two families, I think the step-sister is still being a shithead but I can sort of understand why a childhood grudge spiraled so hard.

The first one is just confusing, why exactly does the dude hate the OP so much. There's not even a bad reason given.

I think he hates women. :shrug:

My (20/F) boyfriend (24/M) of 10 months says I’m not allowed to masturbate anymore because it’s selfish of me and makes him feel unwanted.

quote:

I moved in with him last month and we started having sex multiple times a day. From what I can tell he’s happy about our sex life. Yesterday I was masturbating because I thought my boyfriend was going to be away for the whole day. He surprised me by coming home early and caught me in the act. My boyfriend got mad at me and said I was being selfish by trying to pleasure myself. He said it made him feel unwanted knowing that I’d choose touching myself over having sex with him.

He didn’t want me in bed that night and I had to sleep on the couch. The next morning he told me that I wasn’t allowed to masturbate anymore. I thought this was unfair and I tried getting him to see from my perspective but he told me he wouldn't budge from his decision and that it was final. My masturbation habits have never affected our sex life, and I've never turned sex down in favor of masturbating. I feel like my boyfriend is being really unfair of me and overreacting.

tl;dr: Yesterday my boyfriend caught me masturbating and got mad. He said it was selfish of me and it makes him feel unwanted. The next morning he said I wasn't allowed to masturbate anymore and that his decision was final.

I have a counter-offer: break up with him, giving him a real reason to feel unwanted. What a shithead.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think he hates women. :shrug:
The part that stands out to me as particularly odd is that the soon to be wife has been friendly with the OP, wants to include her, and sounds like an overall good person. Whatever grudge the dude has against the OP has clearly not been vocalized or explained to his fiancee and she seems to be none the wiser to the situation, to the point of wanting to include her in the bridal party.

Whatever reason he has I doubt it warrants his comments about or treatment of the OP but like there must be something in their history that flips the switch between him being a likable person to everyone else and a monster specifically towards her.

Everything about the post is just so cartoonishly evil that I'd pay a fair chunk of change just to hear whatever it is he thinks is his side of the story.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

ArbitraryC posted:

The part that stands out to me as particularly odd is that the soon to be wife has been friendly with the OP, wants to include her, and sounds like an overall good person. Whatever grudge the dude has against the OP has clearly not been vocalized or explained to his fiancee and she seems to be none the wiser to the situation, to the point of wanting to include her in the bridal party.

Whatever reason he has I doubt it warrants his comments about or treatment of the OP but like there must be something in their history that flips the switch between him being a likable person to everyone else and a monster specifically towards her.

Everything about the post is just so cartoonishly evil that I'd pay a fair chunk of change just to hear whatever it is he thinks is his side of the story.

Or he's hiding it very well from his fiance, like he'd managed to hide his disdain from his mother.

Orrr you could again invent the worst about a woman who is posting about lovely behavior on r/relationships, we could always do that yet again.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
He wanted a brother. It doesn't make much sense to me but he outright stated it so I'd go with it. Maybe he really feels having a sister affected him negatively.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

girl pants posted:

lv u 2 bb <3

My parents [45M/F] think that I [19F] need psychological help because of my obsession with a fictional character.

The obsession over Harley Quinn is the worst.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Or he's hiding it very well from his fiance, like he'd managed to hide his disdain from his mother.

Orrr you could again invent the worst about a woman who is posting about lovely behavior on r/relationships, we could always do that yet again.

What part of "Whatever reason he has I doubt it warrants his comments about or treatment of the OP" sounds like I'm inventing the worst about her? I'm just genuinely curious why he seemingly hates her for no reason and his bitter toxic personality seems to begin and end with only her.

Like the other story I don't agree with the step sister at all but I can make the connection between her being resentful about the step mom's parenting and putting it all on that OP. It's absolutely wrong but there's a clear irrational reason for the animosity.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Jeza posted:

If you aren't mutual poop observers, how can you say you're in a stable and loving relationship?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
My Girlfriend [24F] of 9 years says that she hates my beard and that she’s not attracted to me [24M] at all with it. Every other person I know says that it looks great.

quote:

If you would like to see images of beard vs no beard take a look at the other post on my account. My previous post was removed for having links

My Girlfriend [24F] of 9 years says that she hates my beard and that she’s not attracted to me [24M] at all with it. Every other person I know says that it looks great

I think that I look better with the beard personally and I feel more confident with it. Should I feel bad that she's not attracted to me?

Many of our friends have told me that it looks great when they first seen it on me and she is literally the only person who says they don't like it. I'm quite sure that the people who say they like it aren't lying.

Honestly other parts of our relationship aren't that great either and I feel like she doesn't like it just because I do. What do you guys think I should do? should I just shave everything and give in? Or should I keep it and let her be un-attracted to me?

TL;DR Girlfriend hates my beard but no one else does, it's causing problems.

Edit: RIP inbox. Thanks for all of your comments everyone.

Maybe it's time to break up and date one of the many other people who like your beard/might have a non-lovely relationship with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Does she say how long her BF has known he was bisexual? Sometimes you don't figure that poo poo out until adulthood when you might already be in a long term relationship and your SO is the first person you come out to after you've settled on things internally.

At least, it was that way for me.

Even if he's known for a long time, it can still be difficult to tell others, especially if you think they might have a bad reaction.