Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Montasque posted:

These Cruz ads are getting down right weird:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkQz8vZ0jsU

Related ones are good too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDbfrFTg0t8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

The mi abuelita vote will light Jeb!'s darkest hour.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

GlyphGryph posted:

It's cold, but I think it's at least somewhat understandable?

It seems he absolutely hated his brother, and (possibly) screwed him out of the will. From the sound of it, though, it's perfectly possible no screwing happened at all except for his brother screwing himself and his own family over with his substance abuse. Still, let's assume that he pissed Trump off badly enough that Trump bumped him out of the will.
Regardless of how much he hated his brother, he was still giving his nephew and his nephew's family money out of generosity, trying to be the better man sort of situation. From his point of view, he was doing the right thing for his brother's family, far more than his brother ever earned or deserved.
If there's one thing Trump seems to hate, it's getting backstabbed, and that's basically what happened next - they rewarded his generosity with accusations and lawsuit.

Okay, so it might be petty, but... would you be particularly keen on giving money to people who are actively suing you, and not just suing you but making some pretty nasty accusations in the process? Even if they need the cash, that's gotta hurt.
New York Times went into the details further.

It has nothing really to do with Trump's feelings regarding his brother who was long dead. Many years later Trump's dementia addled father changed his will to cut out Trump's dead brother's children. Just before the will is read Trump's nephew becomes a father to an infant child with expensive life sustaining medical bills and the family agrees to help out. The will is read, and is not unusual when a man with dementia changes his will to such a lopsided degree (the Donald's explanation is that Trump Sr. hated the dead Trump brother's ex-wife and I guess decided to punish her adult children for it). Unsurprisingly from an estate law perspective the whole thing got quietly settled.

Cutting off life saving medical treatment to his nephew's son was just a negotiating tactic in the settlement negotiations. That's the Art of the Deal™.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Dahbadu posted:

Yeah, this is my read on it. The fact that Trump is famously straight edge also says something.

On the one hand, it's objectively bad that Trump cut off the money for somebody's medical benefits. On the other hand, boy, you have to be an incredible son of a bitch for a reasonable person (and Trump is definitely a reasonable person) to consider doing that to be an option.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

you're really gonna love the next nine years!

When Trump ends up being a Fox News talking head?

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

a reasonable person (and Trump is definitely a reasonable person) to consider doing that to be an option.

lmao

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm367Eyjpno

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

On the one hand, it's objectively bad that Trump cut off the money for somebody's medical benefits. On the other hand, boy, you have to be an incredible son of a bitch for a reasonable person (and Trump is definitely a reasonable person) to consider doing that to be an option.

He clearly had no alternative with the way that little infant with cerebral palsy was carrying on. Sometimes you need tough love.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

He clearly had no alternative with the way that little infant with cerebral palsy was carrying on. Sometimes you need tough love.

The Spartans would throw deformed babies off a cliff.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Trump's gonna save eugenics for the 2nd term, gotta keep something in the back pocket

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

McDowell posted:

The Spartans would throw deformed babies off a cliff.

If Death Panels are fair game, I see no problem with culling either.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Is Trump saying Bernie will be the nominee? :america:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

new season of golden girls looks funny!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If Jeb! is elected his first executive orders will making it legal to run over a farmers market with a car or drive a golf cart down the freeway.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

A few hours ago Hillary got heckled in regards to Bill Clinton's alleged sex crimes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7cEnRkOaXE

The women who heckled Hillary is a Republican in the state legislator who claims she's a rape survivor and former Democrat who switched parties after women came out against Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

Will Trump bring this women out to rallies?

E: The women in question is Kathrine Prudhomme O'Brien, she yelled similar things out at Al Gore back in 1999. And yes, she is a Freeper.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 3, 2016

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

you're really gonna love the next nine years!

I would expect Trump to move onto new topics after Clinton is elected, but sure maybe he'll keep trying to burn her for the better part of a decade.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

A few hours ago Hillary got heckled in regards to Bill Clinton's alleged sex crimes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7cEnRkOaXE

The women who heckled Hillary is a Republican in the state legislator who claims she's a rape survivor and former Democrat who switched parties after women came out against Bill Clinton in the 1990s.

Will Trump bring this women out to rallies?

E: The women in question is Kathrine Prudhomme O'Brien, she yelled similar things out at Al Gore back in 1999. And yes, she is a Freeper.

so she is just some weird nutjob.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Sir Tonk posted:

I would expect Trump to move onto new topics after Clinton is elected, but sure maybe he'll keep trying to burn her for the better part of a decade.

Just imagine the WH correspondents dinner for the next 8 years being nothing but chaos dunks on Trump

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Powercrazy posted:

What the hell is your definition of "flat?" where Trump gained 10 points since a month ago?

If he gained 10 in Iowa, wouldn't he be ahead there?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Trump bid is just a clever way to improve his brand awareness.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

In the House of Cards universe, do you think Frank Underwood offered donors an engraved PS4?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

According to the contest rules, the winner will need to pass a background check.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

According to the contest rules, the winner will need to pass a background check.

I'm sad that Dick Cheney never did a similar promo

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Zeta Taskforce posted:

People suspect that all politicians lack core convictions and will back stab what they profess hold dear if it will score them quick political points, but usually they are less blatant about it and do it for issues that are much less pointless.

I found this very well-put, thanks.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

new season of golden girls looks funny!

lmfao

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Joementum posted:

RINO!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
So how are these chucklefucks handling the Oregon revolution?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

bunnyofdoom posted:

No comments on it yet. Reporters who've asked have said most of the campaigns didn't know it was happening.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Still reading skeptics suggest that voters will "get serious" and move away from Trump before voting begins, which is a pretty dumb reason. If serious was what Republicans wanted, Jeb would have this locked up.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I think it's less that people will suddenly go "oh I was supporting Trump as a running joke" en masse, and more like Trump's voters are less.... politically motivated or intelligent compared to other supporters of different candidates.

See: Trump's lack of organization / training of supporters, lack of GOTV structure

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

bunnyofdoom posted:

Calling ten guys occupying a cabin in the middle of nowhere a revolution is perhaps an exaggeration.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Logikv9 posted:

I think it's less that people will suddenly go "oh I was supporting Trump as a running joke" en masse, and more like Trump's voters are less.... politically motivated or intelligent compared to other supporters of different candidates.

See: Trump's lack of organization / training of supporters, lack of GOTV structure

The whole "Trump has a weak ground game" idea was kind of dashed the last couple of days as articles from The Hill and 538 showed that his ground game, although not Ted Cruz levels, is actually pretty strong. The main argument against Trump is your first one: His supporters are traditionally non-political... and retarded.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fulchrum posted:

In the House of Cards universe, do you think Frank Underwood offered donors an engraved PS4?

Is that a engraved ps vita?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Calling ten guys occupying a cabin in the middle of nowhere a revolution is perhaps an exaggeration.

150 armed poo poo heads. Domestic terrorists work?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I've been seeing conflicting assessments of his ground game. It sounds like a paper tiger. Plenty of staff but no volunteers was last I heard.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

this reality is the best reality :allears:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov38 posted:

this reality is the best reality :allears:

It's not surprising. They likely don't want to run a contest that violates federal law.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

What the hell is your definition of "flat?" where Trump gained 10 points since a month ago?

I said Iowa, and if you look at RCP for last 30 days it sure looks flat.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/ia/iowa_republican_presidential_caucus-3194.html

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Isn't this a super old picture?

Wait never mind a little more googling and he just uses it for different caucus countdown tweets.

Iowa isn't green right now you low energy dipshit.

• Locked thread