Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Southern Rail is a notoriously bad rail service in the UK.

The workers want to strike. Southern Rail ask their harassed users to slag off the union that they don't want to talk to. The users do not do that thing for them. Hilarity ensues.

https://twitter.com/SouthernRailUK/status/782827298642857984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

killer_robot posted:

Seems Youtube has a new ad out asking me to petition to allow University of North Texas to allow oil drilling on their property. I don't even. I live in Wisconsin, and surely didn't know there even was a University of North Texas until I was told they were unfairly holding onto their dino juice.

Got the same ad while playing a phone game.
I would worry about permitting drilling from a group that's that bad at targeting.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Rondette posted:

The workers want to strike. Southern Rail ask their harassed users to slag off the union that they don't want to talk to. The users do not do that thing for them. Hilarity ensues.

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

You Are A Elf posted:

I like how Mr. Rich Business Guy drives his oversized GMC truck from his deluxe apartment in the sky just a block or two in a huge city to his job in a Madison Avenue-like skyscraper... to Eminence Front by The Who.

Talk about not knowing what a song is about.

Truck Commercials have probably ruined Led Zeppelin's Rock and Roll for me forever :( Its too strongly mentally associated now.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You can't ruin something that started out rear end awful.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Rondette posted:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ABCommuters/status/783352381459292162

drat. That hashtag is loving brutal.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/SouthernBackOnTrack

Isepic
May 7, 2002

JnnyThndrs posted:

I don't think anything beats Princess Cruises using 'Lust For Life' in their ads.

I know they only use the music, no lyrics, but Christ, that's a pretty risqué song for a company dedicated to dragging Middle American fatasses around on floating hotels.

"Diamonds and Guns" - Transplants - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuWuoOX0yis
Garnier Fructis Shampoo Commercial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxtLrR4i56Q

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The band selling out for a shampoo commercial is worse than whatever commercial its used for IMO

Fauxtool has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Oct 6, 2016

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hello, please buy my TRUMP WHITEHOUSE SWORD. It comes with a flag

The slightly less expensive TRUCKING FOR TRUMP comes with a little toy truck you can push around your "den" or "man cave"

If that is still too rich for your blood but you are intrigued by the combination of Donald Trump and transportation, please consider my TRUMP TRAIN knife

Or the MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN knife

Or the BLUE LIVES MATTER knife

If you cannot decide on a verb that adequately expresses your feelings on BLUE LIVES, I also have you covered

Other colors of lives are also available, the RED LIVES MATTER knife is accompanied by a plaque set in the popular and inexpensive "Courier" font

Something for the wife or daughter, the LADY CRUSH knife

My DEAL OF THE DAY was fashioned from the hide of one of the rare and valuable singing California Raisins of TV fame

Why not buy one hundred and twenty knives at once, including some ninja swords, in the form of my AMERICAN PRIDE COLLECTION

How about just some giant god damned CLAWS

(these images all came from LIVE KNIVES which is not my account but oh do I wish it were)

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those trump knives better be made in 'merica (they arent)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

...and destroyed?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I love the SA banner ads, and for every annoying election cash in thing, you get a gem like the one for the "totally not coke" products site that also sells "novelty ID cards"

quote:

All our fake ID cards come complete with a hologram and UV image as standard... All printed with the highest quality inks and produced on the highest resolution printers available...

The cards we produce are novelty products and must be bought and used for fun and novelty only to be sure no laws are broken. If we suspect illegal misuse of any of our cards we will refuse the order. We take the manufacturing of fake ID cards very seriously and as a result we only use the best and most modern equipment available, our aim is to consistently produce fake ID cards that we hope will exceed your expectations. We have built a business on repeat custom and referrals. Our fake driving licence is produced on a machine very similar to that used in American licenses and all throughout Europe. We print right to the edge of the card and all the text, logos, crests, photos etc. and background designs are sharp and look as professional as possible.

The "fun" part of that must be why they accept Bitcoin :pseudo:

stringball
Mar 17, 2009

I remember there was one SA ad hiring hiring for cam show girls and have no idea the male to female ratio here, and the very few ones who would consider doing that because of an ad here is probably pretty slim

It didn't last long, not sure how many months it even was

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

I find myself wondering, Trump's supporters are so ravenous, putting his name on everything, what will happen if he doesn't win next month? I mean to like, all the stuff, not the idea that all these right wing racist mouth-frothers are going to uprise, which is a legitimate thing to be afraid of.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Choco1980 posted:

I find myself wondering, Trump's supporters are so ravenous, putting his name on everything, what will happen if he doesn't win next month? I mean to like, all the stuff, not the idea that all these right wing racist mouth-frothers are going to uprise, which is a legitimate thing to be afraid of.

What happened to all the memorabilia making fun of George W after his term was over?

It rots in the cellars and ends up in garage sales for $1.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pastry of the Year posted:

a shitload of ridiculous knives

a good post

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Choco1980 posted:

They'll become novelty collectors items, like pins for losing presidential candidates and whatnot but on a made-in-Chyeaynuh scale

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
A significant portion will end up in evidence lockers

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Gotta love that fuckin' redneck knife show

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

What happened to all the memorabilia making fun of George W after his term was over?

It rots in the cellars and ends up in garage sales for $1.

Trump Crate

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Choco1980 posted:

This thread has a schizophrenic trans girl who was raised in the far-right authoritarian doomsday cults explain exactly what's up with people like religious fundamentalists, militia and sovereign citizen movements, and conspiracy theorists. Her work has been praised by a lot of people on this board and corroborated by goons who have university education on the subject.

According to her, we're liable to see at least one more Malheur-type incident where whackos try to take over federal land or otherwise get in a standoff with the government again, as well as an uptick in hate crimes. I could see those Trump knives being carried around during such incidents.

Also, don't worry too much about an uprising or anything. As we saw during the Malheur occupation, only a small handful of people were both crazy enough and determined enough to drive to Oregon and join the occupation. They got a lot of support from Freep and other groups, but it was always accompanied with "You know I'd love to join your insurgency, but this darn bum knee has been bothering me and I still haven't gotten my Medicare check." For every one guy who's insane and fit enough to grab an AR-15 and march off to fight the government, there's 500,000 who all come up with some kind of excuse not to leave the comfortable, safe lives for the revolution. While there is some danger from Freep types going mad, the United States in general is a stable and safe society that isn't prone to this kind of uprising.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

PJ is a goddamn internet treasure and her writing is horrifyingly readable.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also shes predicted almost every political play correctly since like one-two years ago.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

chitoryu12 posted:

This thread has a schizophrenic trans girl who was raised in the far-right authoritarian doomsday cults explain exactly what's up with people like religious fundamentalists, militia and sovereign citizen movements, and conspiracy theorists. Her work has been praised by a lot of people on this board and corroborated by goons who have university education on the subject.

According to her, we're liable to see at least one more Malheur-type incident where whackos try to take over federal land or otherwise get in a standoff with the government again, as well as an uptick in hate crimes. I could see those Trump knives being carried around during such incidents.

Also, don't worry too much about an uprising or anything. As we saw during the Malheur occupation, only a small handful of people were both crazy enough and determined enough to drive to Oregon and join the occupation. They got a lot of support from Freep and other groups, but it was always accompanied with "You know I'd love to join your insurgency, but this darn bum knee has been bothering me and I still haven't gotten my Medicare check." For every one guy who's insane and fit enough to grab an AR-15 and march off to fight the government, there's 500,000 who all come up with some kind of excuse not to leave the comfortable, safe lives for the revolution. While there is some danger from Freep types going mad, the United States in general is a stable and safe society that isn't prone to this kind of uprising.

I mean basically what it boils down to is that in America we like to put modern politics on a single axis with Liberal on one end and Conservative on the other. When in reality its closer to a 4 point system with fascism and anarchism on the other two points (authoritative vs non-authoritative, however you term it). It's not shocking that when you have a a politician that leans hard on Nationalism as a core principle you suddenly get shocking turn outs, because there were people who always fell more towards that area of the spectrum but were voting for conservative candidates as a "close enough" compromise.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I mean basically what it boils down to is that in America we like to put modern politics on a single axis with Liberal on one end and Conservative on the other. When in reality its closer to a 4 point system with fascism and anarchism on the other two points (authoritative vs non-authoritative, however you term it). It's not shocking that when you have a a politician that leans hard on Nationalism as a core principle you suddenly get shocking turn outs, because there were people who always fell more towards that area of the spectrum but were voting for conservative candidates as a "close enough" compromise.

Keep in mind that the non-authoritative end of the axis is pretty disgusting too (" It's fine for me to get this 11 year old pregnant! FREE LOVE!") some level of -authoritativeness is necessary for a society to finction

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Also shes predicted almost every political play correctly since like one-two years ago.

I for one am still waiting for lottery numbers :v:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

El Estrago Bonito posted:

The US is gradually falling in line with the rest of the Western world, with issues based on morality and religion finally losing importance relative to the debate on nationalism and sovereignty. The so-called 'alt right' is just the regular (populist) right in Europe. We don't have people that want to bomb abortion clinics or think Harry Potter is satanic (lol), but we've got plenty of xenophobes.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

only a small handful of people were both crazy enough and determined enough to drive to Oregon and join the occupation

and when they went they went to a place in Oregon in the middle of winter with no cold weather gear and no food. Also digging a shitpit.

The Oregon Stupid thread is the one good thread in CSPAM.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cumslut1895 posted:

Keep in mind that the non-authoritative end of the axis is pretty disgusting too (" It's fine for me to get this 11 year old pregnant! FREE LOVE!") some level of -authoritativeness is necessary for a society to finction

Moderation is the best answer to most problems, compromise more than one side winning and the other side losing.

Which is why our current 2-party partisan politics system is so loving awful :911:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zaphod42 posted:

Moderation is the best answer to most problems, compromise more than one side winning and the other side losing.

Which is why our current 2-party partisan politics system is so loving awful :911:

Gays should be able to marry, but their marriages should only involve one person.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Great, now I'm getting flashbacks to when I was in college and the campus Libertarians kept trying to get people to take The World's Smallest Political Quiz in much the same way that Scientologists offer stress tests.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gays should be able to marry, but their marriages should only involve one person.

Compromise with Hitler and kill half the Jews. :hitler:

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

Great, now I'm getting flashbacks to when I was in college and the campus Libertarians kept trying to get people to take The World's Smallest Political Quiz in much the same way that Scientologists offer stress tests.

I'm a graduate student in political science and one of my profs used it in a class last spring; it was almost embarrassing. He had intended to survey our views and demonstrate the diversity of American politics, but instead it just turned into half of the class mocking the ridiculously targeted questions as they favor a libertarian output (the test was designed by a far right think tank). I would give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he did it intentionally to spark discussion, but he's a super-nerd among an already nerdy discipline. He frames absolutely everything through rational choice theory and only uses 5 or 6 previous political scientists as the basis for all of his grad classes, who all mostly just cite each other.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Zaphod42 posted:

Speaking of bad moves in marketing, I cringe every time I see "Cortana" on my start bar.

Especially since 343i just made her into Space Hitler. My computer is being managed by a fictional rampant, tyrannical AI. Cool.

You say that but if someone licensed SHODAN for use as an AI assistant I would be all over it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Maybe Microsoft is making a play for the Thai market.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

BattleMaster posted:

You say that but if someone licensed SHODAN for use as an AI assistant I would be all over it.

Stick her on the Fitbit. "L-look at you-ou, Fatso: a pathe-etic creature of flab and guts. P-p-panting and sweating as you run round-d the block."

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

Depends what you like. Your question is basically equivalent to "I don't watch TV, what's good?" There's stuff that's popular and there's stuff the person you're talking to likes, but there's no guarantee you'll also like it.

Sure, but the answer to the question of "what's good on TV? " could be something like "the sopranos" or "30 Rock". I was wondering if there is some YouTube person or group that was generally considered to be excellent like a lot of TV shows are.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Screen Junkies guys were nominated for an Emmy. They do the Honest Trailers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Most "good" YouTube content is laser-focused on a specific crowd or demographic rather than like film and television where it's targeted at a wider audience. You do have YouTube superstars but they're usually dinguses who get a zillion subscriptions from children and grandmas because they optimized their SEO to get clicks rather than actual quality.

Mu Zeta posted:

The Screen Junkies guys were nominated for an Emmy. They do the Honest Trailers.

The Big Bang Theory has received 39 Emmy nominations.