Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Vomik posted:

I think it’s all equal now except for a few rings / amulets. Just getting one won’t take long as there are t that many mighty weapons but it may take a while to get a great one

Hmm

Maybe I was thinking of The Slanderer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Vomik posted:

I think it’s all equal now except for a few rings / amulets. Just getting one won’t take long as there are t that many mighty weapons but it may take a while to get a great one

Correct, go here and switch it to barb:

http://www.d3planner.com/game/51663/kadala

The bul'kathos weapons are in a pool of 8 1h mighty weapons and they all have equal drop chance

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've never played a build with Haunt before. When Haunt jumps to another enemy, does the 12-second debuff also refresh, or does it expire 12 seconds after being cast no matter what?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have 3 Bul-Kathos Solemn Vows now lol

GIVE ME THE OTHER ONE STUPID GAME

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Ehud posted:

I'm at P400 this season, and 5 copies of Restraint, with not a single instance of Focus. I should have rolled a Barb and named him Cohen.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
They really should have allowed you to transmute one set piece for the other for two-piece sets.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ehud posted:

Just got it.

I would say it took about 30-40 tries.

HexiDave
Mar 20, 2009
Good season so far. Time to make a crusader alt.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Just got onto the HC Barb leaderboard.

Just did GR35 without any issues with the Wastes + Bul-Kathos combo.

I'm not sure when to stop climbing. It's still super easy right now.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am not sure what Wizard build to switch to from my Tal meteor one. Maybe switch back to a condemn crusader or some DH.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

All the top soloing Wizard builds right now incorporate some style of channeling with Tal's, Firebird's, or DMO, mostly coming down to which variety of anime explosion you'd most prefer to slow down the screen. Frozen Orb is always fun, and if you wanna vroom vroom through rifts + bounties then Tal'Vyr is still a good option.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Just lost an alt with a gem of ease to a huge lag spike. Be careful out there.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I like tals spectral blade a lot but people say it's not remotely competitive and I am capping out before TX. But that's with zero pieces of legendary gear and subpar item statting. Worth a shot I guess. It's a ton of fun in a way that the channeling builds just weren't for me.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

big cummers ONLY posted:

I like tals spectral blade a lot but people say it's not remotely competitive and I am capping out before TX. But that's with zero pieces of legendary gear and subpar item statting. Worth a shot I guess. It's a ton of fun in a way that the channeling builds just weren't for me.

If you like using lots of Spectral Blade then you'd probably like DMOrbit, which is a very tanky and perfectly good build for well into the GR90s.

Build Here

The only difference is that instead of cubing Infinite Depth and runing EB, you cube Frag of Destiny and rune MW - Deflection.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Firebird is kinda out of the question because of the stupid "get defense % per mob you have ignited". That poo poo just doesn't work in a lot of situations, especially in groups if stuff dies to fast.
It's similar to the Hammerdin "gain defense per mob hit with falling sword" poo poo. "Oh you jumped on a group of mobs that was exploded by your friend, here have 0 defense for it".

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Firebird Wizards currently hold 4/10 of the top GR clears in S15 and it's pretty much universally agreed upon to be a top solo pushing spec. Needing enemies to be alive and burning is not a problem when you're in upper solo GR, in fact that's where FB really begins to shine since their huge damage multiplier is always active.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

exquisite tea posted:

Firebird Wizards currently hold 4/10 of the top GR clears in S15 and it's pretty much universally agreed upon to be a top solo pushing spec. Needing enemies to be alive and burning is not a problem when you're in upper solo GR, in fact that's where FB really begins to shine since their huge damage multiplier is always active.
I really don't like solo play that much, that's why I don't like these defense mechanics, they feel bad in groups.
Mentioning that, my friends don't play much this season, how do you guys find people in the same GR level range? It's not like I can make or find a public game for a certain GR level.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Join the Seasonal GRifting community and form a group for anything higher than GR80-85 there, or just join a public game and expect to be doing GR80s unless someone asks nicely.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I am just trying leapquake for the first time. A mix of :aaaaa: and :haw:

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

VodeAndreas posted:

I'm really enjoying playing a channelling Tal meteor build this season, it's nice to have no cooldowns to wait on, you're just always going.

Normally I skip straight to Tal/Vyr archon build but I think I'll just stick with this until I get bored.

This build is super fun. This is my first serious season and I’ve already cleared GR75 solo with this build. It’s awesome just making GBS threads out fiery death explosions everywhere and seeing damage numbers in the hundreds of billions pop up regularly. I think my record is 772B now, which is mind blowing after thinking my 15M damage numbers on a non-seasonal build were pretty sweet.

Also, is there anywhere good for coordinating some of the MP conquests like boss mode or the campaign speedrun?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Suburban Dad posted:

I am just trying leapquake for the first time. A mix of :aaaaa: and :haw:
Leapquake is fun as hell and will only be ruined for you by the better mobility of other classes.

I'd main barb if it were the best solo pushing build, but most barbs wouldn't be happy about it probably.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I wish Firebats was just a little more powerful because it's really fun and does absurd damage once everything is spun up. The main issue is that you just die whenever you're not channeling and with no inherent CC immunity you're gonna eat poo poo everytime you get yanked outside of spirit walk. It also has the problem of having too many desirable passives that are all important but you can't possibly have at once.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Regarding the Tal meteor channeling build and cooldowns, I’m using the build from Icy Veins: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/meteor-wizard-tal-rasha-variation

It recommends Frost Nova and Teleport (Calamity) for the cold and arcane procs. At the moment they both have cooldowns; can’t remember if I’ve already maxed out CDR via paragon. I was wondering if there’s another more recommended build.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

There's a very long answer to this but in short: No. Frost Nova and Calamity are ideal here not just because they satisfy the active elemental spell requirement for Tal's 4/6pc, but because they do not count as AP spenders, which means all your Etched Sigil procs will be for Meteor only. You don't need perfect or even very good CDR for this build, you just need the ability to get Teleport/Nova within the vicinity of ~8 second CDR so that you'll always keep up four stacks when you need them.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ehud posted:

Just lost an alt with a gem of ease to a huge lag spike. Be careful out there.

Being careful for me begins and ends with not dabbling in HC, ever.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I usually play in marathons and I know when to stop when I start dying a bunch to stupid poo poo I shouldn't be dying to. Can't do that in HC so there's that.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I love hardcore because I like that feeling that I might be making a horrible mistake going any higher.

I stopped myself at GR49 tonight. Breezing through everything on my HOTA barb. Leaving my WW Barb around GR40 for farming for now.

Goo P-Nut Sack
Feb 10, 2009

Sorry to poo poo up your thread but, did the HC thread disappear? I checked the last five pages of this one and didn’t see mention. It doesn’t look like it’s closed but I don’t have permission to view it.

I’m just looking for a reinvite to the HC clan, I was in it earlier today but left because I was bugged out and couldn’t see clan chat, the main page, or anyone who was online. My tag is Skeetskie#1312 to whoever’s in charge, thanks!

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

mentalcontempt posted:

Regarding the Tal meteor channeling build and cooldowns, I’m using the build from Icy Veins: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/meteor-wizard-tal-rasha-variation

It recommends Frost Nova and Teleport (Calamity) for the cold and arcane procs. At the moment they both have cooldowns; can’t remember if I’ve already maxed out CDR via paragon. I was wondering if there’s another more recommended build.

I prefer to use Ray of Frost to proc the cold. Use the Cold Blooded rune with Storm Armor - Power of the Storm and you will always be proccing the Etched Sigil.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
HC is just having mini seasons that revolve around your mistakes instead of a calendar.

Lost a Witch Doc about halfway through this season. That hurt because I foolishly hadn't levelled a Gem of Ease. Took me ages to get a Demon Hunter all set.

Now I'm finished with the season journey and thinking about either levelling a Necro or just waiting for next season.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Took my Batdoc to GR89 with no augments, I think that’s about as far as I wanna go with that build. Really fun though, love all the ways you have of keeping the bad guys in place while riding spinners for 450bil a tick.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Getting the 3rd conquest this season sucks. I don't want to do boss mode, the speed run through acts 1-5, or the set dungeons. I think I would sadly rather play HC and gear up completely all over again than any of those, lol.

Actually boss mode isn't that bad but needs coordination.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Boss Mode is stupid easy. I did it as 3 UE DH this season in about 8 minutes.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

True, but :effort: getting 2-3 other people on board.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Suburban Dad posted:

True, but :effort: getting 2-3 other people on board.

I solo'd it as a UE dh so you could just do that

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
did it in 16 minutes solo as ue dh, equip danetta's set and vault everywhere

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
There is a UE DH build that gets you up to 400% movespeed. Use that.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

FINE! I have all of 2 hours played on my DH this season but it has full (crappy) UE gear that might work.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
One of us! One of us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Goo P-Nut Sack posted:

I’m just looking for a reinvite to the HC clan, I was in it earlier today but left because I was bugged out and couldn’t see clan chat, the main page, or anyone who was online. My tag is Skeetskie#1312 to whoever’s in charge, thanks!

Invite sent. Anyone can invite now.