Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

So PINGU has three defenses tonight, and a possible attack. We had an encounter on the attack, since REL_O was trying to defend RDDT's province from us and delay our actual fight. Our clan commander said we weren't going to bother with the REL_O fight because we can't field the team for it so there's no reason to get any of our tanks locked. Fortunately, we had plenty of lovely tier 10s and 9s to get locked instead. Plus it's REL_O, maybe they'll gently caress up.

they hosed up.
:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

BadLlama posted:

I must have a learning disability. Every time I get lakeville I go to the church in the middle forgetting that people who haven't left their spawn can poo poo on you.

They're "not leaving their spawn" because it lets them 1) snipe heavies who get spotted moving into town on unsafe routes, 2) shoot into city (especially from the south, which has much better shots), 3) play middle once the tanks who went into the city are occupied and 4) defend the cap from valley pushes which you actually hope to do, because it means their team committed more to valley than your team.

Most mediums and TDs except the really obscenely heavily armoured ones should be sitting there, ready to react to how the game changes. Unless, of course, there are too many in which case some of them should go to city.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BadLlama posted:

I must have a learning disability. Every time I get lakeville I go to the church in the middle forgetting that people who haven't left their spawn can poo poo on you.
Always go into the city driving as far from the lake as you can so you can't get spotted from mid. Then keep an eye on mid when you're at the church to see if they can shoot you from there. But yeah it's easy to get burned by someone sniping from mid.

srb
Jul 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

Keep releasing poo poo premiums when the only one god cares about is the Premium BP/Caer hybrid.

As I am playing the Caern now I can tell you that the T28E with F-30 will have higher DPM than the Caern does.

Let that sink in.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

these are some of the most easily trolled people i've ever seen. once your team secures a slight lead give the other team a "outplayed noobs", sit back, and watch as the chat box erupts :allears:

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass

Soulfucker posted:

I'm having a weird issue with Aslain's modpack since 9.7 dropped where some mods refuse to work after an install (Session stats, the garage Auto-Equip mod among them) even though the rest work just fine. I've had no trouble with the modpack on another machine so I guess the problem must be local. I've already tried cleaning up my res_mods folder and reinstalling but no luck so far - does anyone here have an idea what I can do outside of doing a fresh reinstall of the entire World of Tanks folder?

Just copy the whole game from the other machine. I keep a USB stick of a vanilla installation for emergency. And have 3 ssd with various mods.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Uranium 235 posted:

Always go into the city driving as far from the lake as you can so you can't get spotted from mid. Then keep an eye on mid when you're at the church to see if they can shoot you from there. But yeah it's easy to get burned by someone sniping from mid.

Even if you take the farthest back route from the south spawn, you can still get hammered from the middle when you cross that little gap just before the house in the corner, I've seen an E-100 get three shotted doing that.

Clarence Day SR.
Mar 10, 2007

Coming back after a really long break. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of the NA goon clan with the best(worst) clan tag/emblem. Bonus if they do things like play world of tanks. Ingame name mrday. Is pbkac.ts.nfoservers.com right?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Clarence Day SR. posted:

Coming back after a really long break. Would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of the NA goon clan with the best(worst) clan tag/emblem. Bonus if they do things like play world of tanks. Ingame name mrday. Is pbkac.ts.nfoservers.com right?

I forget how many goons are in PBKAC, but we do have a goon TS listed in the pgs thread, which is where the password for the in game channel Goons also resides, and the NA goon clan you're looking for is PANSY, the most fabulous clan of all

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Clarence Day SR. posted:

Yeah, join PANSY to shoot hot loads all over the strong tankers and insult pubbies at every possibility.

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
I take it Blindeye is AbnormalReflex in game. 2Tanked and I played a few games with him last night. I forgot how much fun the Leffuf is. I had two games around 2k dmg. Then I played a Stug game where I had to put the team on my shoulders and drag them to victory. I had 1 shell left at the end, and that was only because the T67 took the last kill....I wanted that medal again.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Hellsau posted:

So PINGU has three defenses tonight, and a possible attack. We had an encounter on the attack, since REL_O was trying to defend RDDT's province from us and delay our actual fight. Our clan commander said we weren't going to bother with the REL_O fight because we can't field the team for it so there's no reason to get any of our tanks locked. Fortunately, we had plenty of lovely tier 10s and 9s to get locked instead. Plus it's REL_O, maybe they'll gently caress up.

they hosed up.

Finally people will realize the power of the M48 and FV4202 in CW now. Plus that the E-50 is actually a good tank for CW and is totally viable as a tier 9 tag along.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

Even if you take the farthest back route from the south spawn, you can still get hammered from the middle when you cross that little gap just before the house in the corner, I've seen an E-100 get three shotted doing that.
Is that spot even within max view range of the north side of the road? I know it's only an 800x800 map so maybe it is... but I don't remember lighting people there when I spot from the north side of the road, and I've played a lot of tier 7/8 LTs with overmaxed view ranges.

Anyway, as a general rule, you aren't going to get spotted from the middle road if you go along the K line as far south as you can go. Maaaaaybe if you are in a tank with zero camo value and the enemy team has an overmaxed LT in a great position you'll get spotted... but I still think that's outside max range.

If the enemy scout YOLOs, then that's another story. Draw distance is about 700 meters, so the enemy snipers can shoot you from their cap if they have a straight line of sight.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
Do you guys have a tank that's cursed?

My E50M is loving cursed. I've had it for over a year, but every time I bring it out it's nothing but frustration. It's actually my highest average damage per game tier 10 medium, but no matter how hard I try I can't win a loving game in it. The number of times I've died to ridiculously improbable poo poo just before I can seal the game while driving it is beyond belief, to the point where I won't even play it anymore. It's almost to the point where I'm ready to embrace pubbie superstitions about Wargaming rng. :tinfoil: (Just for this tank though)

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Rothmog posted:

I take it Blindeye is AbnormalReflex in game. 2Tanked and I played a few games with him last night. I forgot how much fun the Leffuf is. I had two games around 2k dmg. Then I played a Stug game where I had to put the team on my shoulders and drag them to victory. I had 1 shell left at the end, and that was only because the T67 took the last kill....I wanted that medal again.

Yep, that was a fun few games, though naturally I choked on the presence of good players :v:.

One thing I can say is, binos on the T82 and M8A1 made a huge difference. I got a new personal best in kills with the M8 (5) and had a lot more success with the T82 so long as I could take advantage of my range. My only annoyance was being ambushed at the very last minute of a game that I had brought out team back from the brink. I just couldn't close the deal in a 2 on 1 situation.

Refried Noodle
Feb 23, 2012

Pubbies aren't always poo poo.

Check it out:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Refried Noodle posted:

Pubbies aren't always poo poo.

Check it out:

So how many times did your 45% teammates blame arti for your team's obviously impending loss?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

So how many times did your 45% teammates blame arti for your team's obviously impending loss?

Often, but you never know about it, because they were all speaking in their various eastern european russian dialects that noone understands.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Ahoj, udv Polski sklep. Delti bian Tetris, play Barbie. Sima debile.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Ahoj, udv Polski sklep. Delti bian Tetris, play Barbie. Sima debile.

kokot, pizda mati

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I'm glad I got the crom b mastery on the first day because jesus christ.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
suka blyat

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

DonkeyHotay posted:

I'm glad I got the crom b mastery on the first day because jesus christ.

Got a link for that Fisherman's game? I have a ton of trouble playing that map in a medium, I can never make working the middle village actually work instead of just getting vaporized as soon as I poke.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Infected posted:

kokot, pizda mati

This wannabe, or if s ... No, that can completely spherical, will call me a racist. I Poles nedopslěý but I like boys, Ketra can not even play WOT - send play TETRIS - yes, TETRIS is moronic players, and is it does not matter if they are from the Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Turkey and even from Ukraine, gentlemen excuse me, assholes are found among all nations. ... I just hate those who neunesoou truth and video setřihaj of your poo poo and nhrajou DM. And it does not matter if it's Poles, Czechs nšebo else, if he knows poo poo, Takata going to play tetris like this player, apparently it is already playing and it is better than the WOT. The healthcare of farts.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WayAbvPar posted:

They fought each other in World War II for realz, so all the wehraboos insist they have to fight each other in game. With all the bullshit cartoon tanks that WG invented along for the ride.

this is a stupid dumb logic by wargaming's part because there are two sherman tanks at tier 6 and panzer IIIs fought until the end of the war yet no one is demanding higher tier brackets so that the IS can one hit it.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
We all remember how Historical Battles crashed and burned. Real-life matchups do not compelling gameplay make.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

TheFluff posted:

This wannabe, or if s ... No, that can completely spherical, will call me a racist. I Poles nedopslěý but I like boys, Ketra can not even play WOT - send play TETRIS - yes, TETRIS is moronic players, and is it does not matter if they are from the Czech Republic, Poland, Germany, Turkey and even from Ukraine, gentlemen excuse me, assholes are found among all nations. ... I just hate those who neunesoou truth and video setřihaj of your poo poo and nhrajou DM. And it does not matter if it's Poles, Czechs nšebo else, if he knows poo poo, Takata going to play tetris like this player, apparently it is already playing and it is better than the WOT. The healthcare of farts.

The Something Awful Forums > Games > World of Tanks: The Healthcare of Farts

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

:suicide:

e: Didn't realize till afterwards that it auto-logged me into West! No loving wonder.

Steelion fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 15, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

You got a replay for that battle?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Sure but it's pretty unimpressive.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1880333#self

I basically sit on a rock, murder the poo poo out of everything I see, and sob quietly to myself as the other side of the map literally does't give even token resistance to their tanks.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Jesus I've had games where I did more damage than the rest of my team combined, but never freaking double their total damage

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Steelion posted:

:suicide:

e: Didn't realize till afterwards that it auto-logged me into West! No loving wonder.

Not a court in the land would convict you were you to find every last shitter on that team and set them on fire.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Got my first mark of excellence in the Comet at 29 battles. 43% win rate. :negative:

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Got a 2k+ damage/5 kill game in my 122s and lost. :downs: (That was only good for a Mastery Badge: 3rd Class, by the way)

E 25's are sneaky little fuckers. I kind of forgot how fast they are until it was too late and he got behind me at the end of the match. Then it was down to a pubby arty on my team and E 25 on the other team. The dude on my team missed a point blank shot on the E 25 after coming around a corner at just the right time. We lost. It was my first game of the night, but I halfway considered packing it in right there.

Then two matches later I ended up on team with one other player above 48% against a couple purple platoons. How does that happen exactly? :saddowns:

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 00:31 on May 16, 2015

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
http://wotreplays.com/site/1880729#siegfried_line-haquertal-8_8_cm_pak_43_jagdtiger

Getting vaguely better at playing the 8,8 Jagdtiger. However, I killed a KV-4 that I rammed and then hugged where he could only shoot the 250 armor instead of my lower armor and got called a wallet warrior :sigh:

I got it during the sale of 1250 gold, 7 days of prem and the tank for $22 so it's not like I paid even near full price for the thing.

Also he has like 6,000 more battles than me and almost all my stats are better than his :v:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Haquer posted:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1880729#siegfried_line-haquertal-8_8_cm_pak_43_jagdtiger

Getting vaguely better at playing the 8,8 Jagdtiger. However, I killed a KV-4 that I rammed and then hugged where he could only shoot the 250 armor instead of my lower armor and got called a wallet warrior :sigh:

I got it during the sale of 1250 gold, 7 days of prem and the tank for $22 so it's not like I paid even near full price for the thing.

Also he has like 6,000 more battles than me and almost all my stats are better than his :v:

I love utterly despise pubbies who have like 40k games and a 45% winrate. I just want to shake them and yell "STOP making GBS threads UP SO MANY GAMES YOU IDIOT"

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Magres posted:

I love utterly despise pubbies who have like 40k games and a 45% winrate. I just want to shake them and yell "STOP making GBS threads UP SO MANY GAMES YOU IDIOT"

When I learned server average winrate was something like 48% I cried a little inside. I'm at 50.4% right now with 1300 battles and I constantly see people with the same amount of battles but 40% winrate :gonk:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Magres posted:

I don't even know how someone finds the time to play over 40k games. I've been playing since 2011, I think, and I've only racked up 10k played.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

I don't even know how someone finds the time to play over 40k games. I've been playing since 2011, I think, and I've only racked up 10k played.

Just 30k games here but I can add my own story. I can safely say a lot of mine were played a few years ago between 11 pm and 6 am when my insomnia was at its worst. At least half my light tank battles during that time were also death races where the goal was to see how far I could get around the map before dying.

The thing that has me confused is how anyone have have stats below 47% without being a bot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I saw a 19,000 game 43.X% player today. In a top tier heavy. Lost that game!