Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SRM posted:

Man, New Super Mario Bros. 2 certainly is a game. :geno: It looks nice, plays nice, and controls well, but there's just no spark in it. I chose that as my platinum reward over Yoshi's New Island since generic and uninspired is better than gutter trash. Now if only they'd make a Mario 3D Land 2 :allears:

I used my platinum reward for Mario Party Island Tour. Why did people poo poo on this game so much? The space board where you can roll 0's sucks pretty hard, but the other board I played with my wife and kids where you have to pass the Bowser Zone and get to the castle was pretty fun. I suppose most of the enjoyment hinges on having 3 other players to play with, but I assume that's true for pretty much every Mario Party game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

5er posted:

SPOILERS YOU SON OF A BITCH

naw I'm just kidding; I will probably be running into this person soon, and look forward to it.

I'm a slight bit sad at Sharla's being lousy though. Just the concept that she heals / protects people by loving shooting them, is a pretty funny gimmick.

Her rifle fires Ether, you see :pseudo:. It is silly, but I can kinda see how it'd work on a big-rear end battlefield - Just set your snipers up overlooking everything and they can shoot your guys to heal them as well as plugging Mechons. Just gotta remember what you loaded your gun with before firing... :ohdear:.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you want to sperg, I'm not sure if she actually shoots anybody on the party. The healing is usually a "fire in the air to disperse healing", like when you bring Melia back from ether deficiency.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does PADZ or the mario one have gachapon elements because why even bother playing if you can't pull a lever and clap like a child when you get something good.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Does PADZ or the mario one have gachapon elements because why even bother playing if you can't pull a lever and clap like a child when you get something good.

I might be wrong here, but all the monster acquisition I've seen in PAD Z and PAD Mario has been based on random drops from actually fighting them or from evolving/transforming monsters into others with materials. I do know that in PAD Mario you can use coins to gamble in a Toad House for random evolution/transformation materials, but I don't know if that extends to gambling for monsters/leaders. I also have no idea how you actually acquire new leaders in PAD Mario, either.

Edit: Also, since it came up, IGN recently did a few videos with a treehouse dude, two for PAD Mario and two for PAD Z, showing the basics of gameplay, playing through some stages, showing off team construction and monster evolution, etc. They're the first four videos in this search: https://www.youtube.com/user/IGNentertainment/search?query=puzzle+%26

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Canadians, if you buy Smash or Majora's Mask from EB Canada you can get Codename Steam or Fossil Fighters Frontier for $20.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm not really feeling the Puzzle and Dragon game from the demo, the puzzle mechanic is annoying as hell and doesn't seem to have any particular strategy to it. $30 is way too much to see if I'd like the actual game, maybe if they had them separately for $10-$15.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Does the NN3DSXL have the serial number saved in the software anywhere? The sticker on the back of mine is okay, but I've noticed the edge of the stick starting to stick up a bit because my middle finger rubs it when I'm playing games. Kinda worried that over time it'll cause the sticker to come off.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Variable_H posted:

Does the NN3DSXL have the serial number saved in the software anywhere? The sticker on the back of mine is okay, but I've noticed the edge of the stick starting to stick up a bit because my middle finger rubs it when I'm playing games. Kinda worried that over time it'll cause the sticker to come off.

Why not just write it down right now? Put it in a file in your Dropbox or something and you can be sure you'll have it at hand in case you lose your 3DS or it gets stolen.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

raditts posted:

I'm not really feeling the Puzzle and Dragon game from the demo, the puzzle mechanic is annoying as hell and doesn't seem to have any particular strategy to it. $30 is way too much to see if I'd like the actual game, maybe if they had them separately for $10-$15.

Get the phone version for free.

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Variable_H posted:

The serial number is also under the back plate, so don't worry too much about it. I took a picture of it just in case though.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Canadians, if you buy Smash or Majora's Mask from EB Canada you can get Codename Steam or Fossil Fighters Frontier for $20.

You mean I can't if I bought either of them at launch? Lame. Because I'd dig Codename Steam for 20.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Wow! Damnit, wish I was home. Do you know how long it is going for and if it works for online orders? I would love Smash and Steam.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
John Hardin from Atlus accidentally let slip that they're localizing Legend of Legacy on a podcast, just in case you want more 3DS jrpgs.

edit: That said, from the context, he may have very well mixed it up with Stella Glow

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 2, 2015

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Champeenship posted:

John Hardin from Atlus accidentally let slip that they're localizing Legend of Legacy on a podcast, just in case you want more 3DS jrpgs.

Yes!

Champeenship posted:

edit: That said, from the context, he may have very well mixed it up with Stella Glow

No!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The fact that he had Legend of Legacy on his mind might be a good sign though.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It's Stella Glow, though. Sega published it in Japan and that's a sure sign of an Atlus localization.

Heaven knows how that game turned out, though. From what I heard the developers went bankrupt halfway and the CEO ran away.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

It's Stella Glow, though. Sega published it in Japan and that's a sure sign of an Atlus localization.

Heaven knows how that game turned out, though. From what I heard the developers went bankrupt halfway and the CEO ran away.

Considering the developers' recent track record it's probably borderline unplayable but we'll see.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I want Legend of Legacy, and Bravely Second, and Dragon Quest VII, and a pony :sigh:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It could be either one, as Atlus is making an honest go at FuRyu again what with PS3/Vita's Lost Dimension and maybe FuRyu wanted to bring Legend of Legacy over as well. Stella Glow seems likely but isn't Imageepoch in the middle of imploding?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Stella Glow was supposed to be self-published and was being marketed as a special 10th anniversary project for imageepoch but then all sorts of weird poo poo started happening and now it's a Sega game.

I really hope Legend of Legacy comes over, people (SaGa fans, at least) had good things to say about it. Has anyone here actually played it?

EDIT: here's the comment from Atlus guy:

quote:

“That’s not to say we’re not looking beyond not-not just Aquaplus and Spike Chun, and everything. I hope we see a lot more Japanese games come over here. Actually, we did announce The Legend of Legacy is coming over here, and we have another one in the can, too, that I can’t talk about yet, ha ha ha ha. But another really niche Japanese game that actually isn’t even out yet—we’re bringing it over for the 3DS later this year. What could it be?”

It sounds like he meant to say "we announced Stella Glow and have one more game coming" but mixed the names up? Oops.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 3, 2015

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Saoshyant posted:

I want Legend of Legacy, and Bravely Second, and Dragon Quest VII, and a pony :sigh:

If Dragon Quest VII was localized, all would be forgiven. What needs to be forgiven? I don't know.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
So to fight one insanely scripted monster I need to gather antlers and butterflies for 3 hours? No thanks monster hunter, back to GameStop.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

So to fight one insanely scripted monster I need to gather antlers and butterflies for 3 hours? No thanks monster hunter, back to GameStop.

You're the same dude that bought Bravely Default without knowing a thing about it right?

Also that's a bizarre and gross exaggeration I think you just aren't good at games or enjoy them or something, I dunno man.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

You're the same dude that bought Bravely Default without knowing a thing about it right?

Also that's a bizarre and gross exaggeration I think you just aren't good at games or enjoy them or something, I dunno man.

I knew -or thought I knew- what I was getting into with this one, no reviews said anything about gardening before I could hunt though.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I knew -or thought I knew- what I was getting into with this one, no reviews said anything about gardening before I could hunt though.

You should stop buying video games, because you are somehow bad at it.

Branch Nvidian
Nov 29, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I too get mad when a video game has more than one gameplay mechanic in it.

The Monarch
Jul 8, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I read that the MH4U dlc was item packs were still available, yet it shows me nothing. Am I a fool?

Also this game is pretty rad and is my first monster hunter, anyone else still playing?

?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

anyone want to be my bravely default friend since I have none and it seems to kinda matter for this game?

I'm 2466-3759-6144

i also play theatrhythm and fire emblem and well that's the bulk of it really

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I had to put it down for weeks, finally had a real chance to play it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

are you mentally challenged somehow?

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
You may be farming for something that becomes very easy to obtain later. I don't remember ever farming antlers but you may just be using that as an example.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
you can't steal my schtick, tim you don't even do it right you do it wrong

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

noirstronaut posted:

You also do it wrong.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Housh posted:

Wow! Damnit, wish I was home. Do you know how long it is going for and if it works for online orders? I would love Smash and Steam.

http://www.ebgames.ca/Super%20Spring%20Savings

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

codenameFANGIO posted:

You also do it wrong.

your mom does it wrong

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

I think we had subtle but important differences.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Boring and Boring taint that different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rueETz192A Anyone have any hands on for Legend of Legacy able to tell me why I haven't heard poo poo since its debut? Did it bomb?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I don't think the gathering quests are that bad in this one but I will say it's a really dumb design choice to make you do a couple of those "kill these small monsters" quests to start, because the game and controls really aren't designed around fast small targets and it seems clunky as hell to newcomers. I remember thinking "gently caress this game what the hell" in Tri when I was trying to swat Jaggi with a greatsword as my introduction to the franchise.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
People are interested in Legend of Legacy because it was made by a bunch of ex-Square devs who worked on the SaGa series and the battle/character systems are near-identical to SaGa's, so it's the next-best thing to SaGa 3DS.

It did okay and it reviewed pretty well, which is unusual for a FuRyu game.