Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

NmareBfly posted:

Is this in C'Ville proper? I haven't noticed anyone organising anything specific yet but I'm pretty out of the loop.

I live in a college town and yesterday was move-in day. My school is pretty good about holding a vigil/rally for all of the things since Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Dylan Roof didn't get a six month sentence. It's not the same. Yes Trump has white nationalist sympathies, and so do some of the Republicans but most of them still want to live in a democracy

that's why wherever the gop has power they suppress the vote.

there is a reason that life for black americans hasn't got materially better since mlk.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol at Tom Bossert taking forever to say "Nazis are bad."

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/896586626624765953

"grants didn't quite align with administration priorities"

Why is he hugging himself again, is that a different picture or the same "I'm going to nuke NK." pic?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

For my posts you can read Nazi Party as "hodgepodge of Volkisch conservative militarized conservative groups"

To me it is very important to make the distinction between the different groups. Because I think simplifying the rise of the Nazis as the sudden takeover of the Weimar Republic by a unified movement only plays into that "The Nazis were a thing that happened totally out of nowhere and was so unique it could never happen again" version of history that keeps popping up in various media.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

OxySnake posted:

Good news this popped up on my FB this morning.

Hopefully all their positions will be filled with women or underrepresented candidates for that double whammy.

Edit: And there are several several more of them.

This poo poo is perfect.

Oh and thanks to the person that linked the gofundme.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

QuoProQuid posted:

residents of charlottesville are putting together an ad-hoc memorial for the woman who was murdered yesterday

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/896737215551864832

Yeah, I was down there earlier and sat on the corner for a little bit. Bunch of cameras a little up the street and news crews are doing random interviews. There's still broken glass and poo poo in the road. Probably going to take a trash bag down and go on empty water bottle patrol on lunch today. Feels like something to do, if no one else has yet. :smith:

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

evilweasel posted:

reminder that half of all republicans would support delaying the elections if der fuerher proposed it and that's without him actually campaigning for it at all

poo poo like that is why rule of law is in fact good. (Not that you are personally saying it's not, but the usual suspects are.)

If it were up to the Eichmanns of MAGA they'd just lock themselves into power forever. And I don't think a few hipsters who happen to like TFR would do much to stop them.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I also hope people continue to hound these assholes for years. A woman loving died because of their little stint, there is no amount of suffering that's too much for them to be inflicted by in trying to have a life in society. loving grocery bag-boy or gas pumping's too good for them.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/MeetThePress/status/896731147392167938

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mcmaster's the guy that wrote his thesis or something on how it's a soldier's moral duty to disobey immoral commands right? lol flushing it all down the crapper for a historically bad president.

ThisIsWhyTrumpWon
Jun 22, 2017

by Smythe
https://neareport.com/2017/08/12/mountain-view-racist-getting-statewide-attention-for-nazi-protest-picture/

I'm really wondering who the person in this shirt is. There's been two different misidentifications so far including the assistant professor at the Universities Engineering department...

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Groovelord Neato posted:

mcmaster's the guy that wrote his thesis or something on how it's a soldier's moral duty to disobey immoral commands right? lol flushing it all down the crapper for a historically bad president.

McMaster might be the one dude who is capable of standing up to Trump so I can't poo poo on him too hard.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

empty whippet box posted:

Lmao get fukken owned.

Dude traveled all the way from California to va just to participate in a white power rally? Jeez.

By Top Dog do they mean the lolbertarian hot dog place in Berkeley? I've been there and it's full of the most batshit insane Objectivist/Libertarian poo poo scrawled all over the walls and stacks of pamphlets about Hayek and poo poo by the door.

Has good hot dogs, but if Nazis worked there I'd not be surprised.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Car Culture is Toxic™

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

McMaster might be the one dude who is capable of standing up to Trump so I can't poo poo on him too hard.

he keeps lying for him.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

How would specific Nazi speech be restricted in such a way that you don't disallow what should be allowed and vice versa? i'm a biostatistician, so I'm thinking of the equivalent concepts of sensitivity and specificity.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

actionjackson posted:

How would specific Nazi speech be restricted in such a way that you don't disallow what should be allowed and vice versa? i'm a biostatistician, so I'm thinking of the equivalent concepts of sensitivity and specificity.

The law prohibits the distribution or public use of symbols of unconstitutional groups–in particular, flags, insignia, uniforms, slogans and forms of greeting.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

Car Culture is Toxic™

No poo poo.

1) CO2.

2)
Thomas.
Midgley .
Jr.
Is.
A.
Fucker.

Also is there knee bending/flipping on the sunday morning shows? Or is the wingnut machine waiting til monday to get its marching orders straight?

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Aug 13, 2017

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

lol top dog llc is a hot dog stand

and uh their site: http://www.topdoghotdogs.com/propergander.html

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

PhazonLink posted:

No poo poo.

1) CO2.

2)
Thomas.
Midgley .
Jr.
Is.
A.
Fucker.

I really doubt that wall faced sack of too many chromosomes ever passed first base with anything willingly.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

actionjackson posted:

Germany manages it without whatever you are worrying about

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

hahaha so the people that helped make him alt right fired him.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

hahahaha of course

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

nazi hot dog men displeased that one of their own showed his cards too soon

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

what's with hot dogs and racists?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Based on his statements yesterday, I have to wonder:

If Russia made a statement condemning white nationalists, which would Donald Trump side with?

hahahaha Putin condemning white nationalists hahahaha

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Couldn't hate groups here just continue to develop new symbols to avoid the law?

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Only in America would a hot dog stand proprietor feel the need to run a extremist propaganda website

:911:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Could you think of a whiter food than a hotdog sandwich with ketchup

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Okay this one got to me. And I'm not easy to rattle.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

actionjackson posted:

Couldn't hate groups here just continue to develop new symbols to avoid the law?

Jesus at least attempt to read the links man

quote:

The law text does not name the individual symbols to be outlawed, and there is no official exhaustive list. A symbol may be a flag, emblem, uniform, or a motto or greeting formula. The prohibition is not tied to the symbol itself but to its use in a context suggestive of association with outlawed organizations.

It's not like it's called the Anti-Swastika Law. Of course they thought of your obvious criticism!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Could you think of a whiter food than a hotdog sandwich with ketchup

good subtle troll

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Very poor people sell hotdogs, in rural areas that is hicks, in cities the stereotype for hot dog sellers is immigrants

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

actionjackson posted:

STEMlord raus, imho.

evilweasel posted:

reminder that half of all republicans would support delaying the elections if der fuerher proposed it and that's without him actually campaigning for it at all
The Atlantic informed me that it's not actually a desire to delay elections, but rather an indication that they'll agree to anything he says. They believed this was comforting? :confused:

Also, because bothsidesism is a must, did you know polling showed most Dems would prefer a 3rd Obama term over Bush or Clinton? Guess it's not just conservatives who want to shred the constitution :jerkbag:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i'm lollin at the people that think white supremacists would come up with some secret symbol to avoid those laws. these aren't bright people.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Are any mainstream sources blaming the counter-protestors? Like "lol you were asking for it... and by it I mean getting run over and killed by a car."

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm lollin at the people that think white supremacists would come up with some secret symbol to avoid those laws. these aren't bright people.

I mean they already have with the kekistan flag.

The US is never going to outlaw symbols though so can we stop this debate

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that isn't a secret symbol it's arranged in a goddamn swastika. that's my point entirely. it looks like a nazi flag but green.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Josh Lyman posted:

Are any mainstream sources blaming the counter-protestors? Like "lol you were asking for it... and by it I mean getting run over and killed by a car."

President of the United States is a pretty mainstream source

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

mdemone posted:

Okay this one got to me. And I'm not easy to rattle.

okay again, more people have been killed at BLM events though.

• Locked thread