Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If the two campaigns don't give me twice the support conversations that are in Awakening, it's a ripoff.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope the level design is a little better in the new Fire Emblem because in Awakening it felt like most of the later maps were just giant empty squares with 50 enemies

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Andrast posted:

Wasn't Awakening almost the last fire emblem game and it only continued because of the unexpectedly great sales? It seems really weird to me to try such an unusual release after your big hit.
Didn't Awakening sell a poo poo load of DLC in Japan? Seems like they saw that and decided to go all in on it.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Andrast posted:

If both of the campaigns are actually similar in length to awakening, I won't be complaining at all. I'll just be happy to get twice the Fire Emblem.

Pretty much this. I just finished the GBA Fire Emblem game on the Wii U eshop and I still loves me some Fire Emblem. So if we are getting 2x new Fire Emblem games it sounds like great news to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I hope the level design is a little better in the new Fire Emblem because in Awakening it felt like most of the later maps were just giant empty squares with 50 enemies
they've already said that nohr's side, at least, will have way more varied objectives

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
If I remember correctly:

Hoshido:

World Map and possibility to grind. Good if it's your first FE, if you liked the way Awakening did it, or want a fall back, so the design choices alone makes this the easiest campaign.

Nohr:

Linear progress and limited resources thanks to no world map or possibility of grinding. You will get more varied (secondary?) objectives to compensate, and the maps will be designed to take advantage of this. All of these things that you get and don't get with Nohr means that the Nohr campaign will be the hardest of the three campaigns.

Bonus Campaign:

Unknown, but we know it's supposed to be in the middle of the Hoshido and Nohr campaigns in terms of difficulty.

Given the way they talked about the bonus campaign, I do not think it will be a Golden Ending style campaign.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
If you buy the 2nd campaign as DLC is it still full-priced or is it at a discount? Assuming it's at some sort of discount, then it doesn't really matter if the two campaigns together aren't exactly the size of two full Fire Emblem games anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mancalamania posted:

If you buy the 2nd campaign as DLC is it still full-priced or is it at a discount? Assuming it's at some sort of discount, then it doesn't really matter if the two campaigns together aren't exactly the size of two full Fire Emblem games anyway.
You get a discount on it, yeah.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
You get a discount on it, I believe... probably to make it around what it would cost if you had a physical cartridge and bought the second campaign as DLC.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Endorph posted:

You get a discount on it, yeah.

What most people are missing is that not only you get a significant discount when buying the second version via DLC, but that a single version costs somewhat less than an average Japanese game of Fire Emblem's calibre, and adding the other chapter DLC brings it up to what you'd usually pay for such a game.

I see it as an attempt to boost the amount of copies sold by offering a cheaper game while still giving people who want more content the ability to get it without really paying more than what they'd have to anyway had it all been in one package. Certainly better than the Pokemon/Level 5 model where many people buy two or three full price games for a minuscule amount of added content.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Has NOA started selling the neat vertical charging docks, or do I still have to get them from amazon for pretty high for what's a hunk of plastic?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Calaveron posted:

Has NOA started selling the neat vertical charging docks, or do I still have to get them from amazon for pretty high for what's a hunk of plastic?

Out of stock currently, but yes: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550077

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Why do ethers cost so much in Bravely Default?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jarogue posted:

Why do ethers cost so much in Bravely Default?

They won't cost so much once you figure out the jobs that will poo poo pg for you.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

They won't cost so much once you figure out the jobs that will poo poo pg for you.

I have been doing find without merchant, also its only like Ch 1

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Jarogue posted:

I have been doing find without merchant, also its only like Ch 1

Oh, you're that early in the game? Huh... Sorry, can't help. I'm usually pretty stingy with items unless I really need them in battle. Also, there are other lucrative methods for pg, but unfortunately not that early in the game. I thought you were a bit further in.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Later on you also get abilities that allow you to drain MP with physical attacks, I almost never used ethers. That does remind me that I need to go back and finish the game though, I put it down when I got to chapter 5 and never picked it back up.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Since I have been playing more Bravely Default, how are you suppose to beat this game with out friends? The ablinks help a lot, the need for streetpass or internet for Norende, Friend summon being over powered at times. What would happen if the Internet function stopped for Bravely Default and you lived in a place with limited streetpasses?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Jarogue posted:

Since I have been playing more Bravely Default, how are you suppose to beat this game with out friends? The ablinks help a lot, the need for streetpass or internet for Norende, Friend summon being over powered at times. What would happen if the Internet function stopped for Bravely Default and you lived in a place with limited streetpasses?

I mean if the internet function stopped you'd be in trouble I guess, but net invites alone should get you through rebuilding Norende. I never used abilinks my entire time playing though, so although they're great, they aren't really necessary.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Aside from a couple good items that are expensive as gently caress and you could probably get similar or better elsewhere, is there really any worthwhile benefit to building Norende?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Can you even get Falcon Knives outside of Norende? Anyway, two of those on a Thief makes them ridiculously strong so I think it's worth it to unlock those that at least.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

Aside from a couple good items that are expensive as gently caress and you could probably get similar or better elsewhere, is there really any worthwhile benefit to building Norende?

Boss fights.

Other than that I dunno, never got to the endgame.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The "Cupid Bow" or whatever from Norende makes the game a hell of a lot easier for the first couple sections. It's way stronger than equivalent items, if I recall correctly.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Special moves, items, costumes. And all the gear is super good.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Hunter + Cupid bow is drat near broken for the first areas of the game.

Look up Nintendo Zones in your area Jaroque, they give out street passes if you go near them.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Started playing Kid Icarus and this would be a great game if the controls weren't literally the worst poo poo ever

raditts posted:

Special moves are entirely upgraded through Norende. They get really good

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Started playing Kid Icarus and this would be a great game if the controls weren't literally the worst poo poo ever

Hold you pinky under the system so you have some balance and aren't killing your wrist. Actually treat it like a globe, you swipe to spin and tap to stop. Maybe replay the first mission a bunch on increasingly higher difficulty so you can get comfortable with it. It's a control system that takes getting used to, it'll work with you if you work with it but that means you need to learn how it works, which is not something a lot of games demand from players nowadays.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Crank the aim cursor sensitivity to max and map it to the face buttons and you'll never have to use the stylus except for the very, very end. It's the only way I could find to make the controls tolerable.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Hold you pinky under the system so you have some balance and aren't killing your wrist. Actually treat it like a globe, you swipe to spin and tap to stop. Maybe replay the first mission a bunch on increasingly higher difficulty so you can get comfortable with it. It's a control system that takes getting used to, it'll work with you if you work with it but that means you need to learn how it works, which is not something a lot of games demand from players nowadays.

I never got an answer from anyone as to how you can easily run as opposed to walking and vice-versa. I can deal with the controls for the most part, but when it comes to enemies where you have to strafe run around and the motherfucker just gingerly walks, or the dreadful platform areas where you have to be running to jump to the next platform, it's loving infuriating.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

Crank the aim cursor sensitivity to max and map it to the face buttons and you'll never have to use the stylus except for the very, very end. It's the only way I could find to make the controls tolerable.

Ooh you can do that? Nice

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Oxxidation posted:

Disgusting.

The controls are not that hard, they just require you to learn.

raditts posted:

I never got an answer from anyone as to how you can easily run as opposed to walking and vice-versa. I can deal with the controls for the most part, but when it comes to enemies where you have to strafe run around and the motherfucker just gingerly walks, or the dreadful platform areas where you have to be running to jump to the next platform, it's loving infuriating.

Tap to strafe, slide to walk/run. You have to make sure you're not tapping when you want to run, which is hard cause that's your natural instinct, but it's doable with practice. Requires a lot of restraint, though, and even still there'll be times when you forget and just jam the stick in the direction you want and dash without meaning to.

Dammit, now I want to go play Kid Icarus again.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I had to lay down with my arms in the air to play it. Just don't play more then one mission an hour.
Getting hearts for the game to buy stuff was dumb. I have the max streetpasses and I can't buy any of them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Disgusting.

The controls are not that hard, they just require you to learn.

I'm left-handed. It might be the worst control scheme I've ever dealt with.

And I should probably add that the face-button scheme still let me clear stages at around 7-8 difficulty across the board, so it's not like it's inferior to the insane stylus-and-stand combo.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I am also left-handed, and KI:U's controls are actually really good. I wish more games had controls like it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I knew -or thought I knew- what I was getting into with this one, no reviews said anything about gardening before I could hunt though.

lol

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
I'm left handed too and I played KI:U by using my right thumb on the touch screen to aim and that actually worked really well. This was on the original model 3DS though, I tried it again on an XL and it's a bit harder to do comfortably.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
smealum's released regionfour. region free 3ds etc etc http://smealum.net/regionfour/

needs cubic ninja

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

was wondering why i just saw a fresh "wtb cubic ninja" in sa mart

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Kid Icarus Uprising is the best game on this hallowed system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
I'm planning on purchasing Devil Survivor 2 : Record Breaker tonight because I liked the first one and I have a huge weak spot for TBS Games. I don't see any real opinions on it floating around the internet -- is it one of those "perfectly passable sequels to a perfectly passable game. welp, that's it, bye" games?