Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Star Man posted:

The whereabouts of the amazon, druid, and paladin are unknown.

This will be addressed in the Amazuidadin Expansion that's being announced at BlizzCon. No new classes, just more story, telling what happened to those 3. They dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Tenacious J posted:

D4 would be preferably, but it's probably a remastered D2 (maaaaybe D1). I highly doubt it would be rebuilt in the D3 engine and, like SC, would just be the same D2 but with updates and HD.

D2 remastered (and possibly D1, although honestly "the D3 anniversary event" is probably as close as they'll go with it) is probably a given in that "it's going to happen sooner or later"; the question is "is D2 remastered really going to be the headlining event of a Blizzcon", which I really doubt

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

D2 remastered (and possibly D1, although honestly "the D3 anniversary event" is probably as close as they'll go with it) is probably a given in that "it's going to happen sooner or later"; the question is "is D2 remastered really going to be the headlining event of a Blizzcon", which I really doubt

I think that is a good point and means we are totally getting Diablo Mobile.

If they announce D4, I'll be pleasantly surprised at how much further along they are than I thought they were.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dameius posted:

I think that is a good point and means we are totally getting Diablo Mobile.

If they announce D4, I'll be pleasantly surprised at how much further along they are than I thought they were.

To be perfectly honest, unless D4 manages to redefine "what an ARPG named Diablo actually does" in a very fundamental way, I'd really rather have "more D3 expacs like RoS, maybe add a new class or two instead of increasing the level cap" than D4. It took years to go from D3's state at launch to the pretty-decent state it's in now, if they decide to throw everything out for D4 and it's effectively "D2 with different slightly mechanics, again", it's going to be 1-2 years from "announcement" to "actual launch", and probably another 1-2 years after that until it's actually fun, and would guarantee the D3 we have now would be in full maintenance mode, as opposed to "well it's pretty much in maintenance mode but every once in awhile someone remembers that it exists and tosses out a couple new things here and there".

I'm probably in the minority here but I'm hard-pressed to think what I would get out of D4 gameplay wise that I'm not getting out of D3 already.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Last Blizzcon, Diablo had a single side panel (and it was just a Community Q&A, if I recall correctly). This upcoming Blizzcon, there's a What's Next panel immediately after the opening ceremony, which (along with the new Diablo design) points towards a pretty big announcement, such as a ROS-tier expansion or Diablo 4. With that in mind, Diablo 2 Remastered sounds like a side project - it wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard announced it, but it would surprise me if it was the only thing they had to show.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I also would just rather have more D3 with more classes, abilities, enemies and sets and items. But I doubt that would happen.

Mormon Mother
Jan 23, 2008
Self diagnosed!
I would re-pay full retail price for Diablo 3 if it would make it run smoothly

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
All this talk about a D2 remaster when we can't even run D1 without jumping through massive hoops is a travesty :argh:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I would pay $10-$15 for a serious graphical update

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Tenacious J posted:

D4 would be preferably, but it's probably a remastered D2 (maaaaybe D1). I highly doubt it would be rebuilt in the D3 engine and, like SC, would just be the same D2 but with updates and HD.

D1 is already in D3, so I'm doubting that'll happen.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Is there still a goon clan out there?

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
A D1/D2 remaster would be so underwhelming I lack the words to express how disappointed I would be. I don't have very fond specific memories of either beyond a general pleasant feeling of nostalgia that would be shattered replaying them with the warts I'd forgotten.

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

tetsuo posted:

A D1/D2 remaster would be so underwhelming I lack the words to express how disappointed I would be. I don't have very fond specific memories of either beyond a general pleasant feeling of nostalgia that would be shattered replaying them with the warts I'd forgotten.
Exactly how I feel. Like yeah I spent time playing them a shitload but I was a young kid so anything with skeletons was cool. Looking at D2 on twitch or YouTube easily shattered all nostalgia I had. They are bad, bad games compared to what we have in D3.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I'm doing a seasonal character for the first time, a Wizard. I'm really liking the Season Journey thing, it gives me goals to shoot for rather than endless grinding. But this TR Meteor build is loving broken, I've cleared GR93 without an ancient weapon, and I'm a poo poo player to boot. I didn't even take damage at all until the high 80s. Blink Teleport in, cast spells, everything dies. Past 90 with my lackluster gear I've found I need to coordinate spells with CoE's cycle and use the Occulus patches, but it's still not too bad. Someone upthread said they had issues maintaining 90%+ AP for the armor buff, and I haven't had much of an issue with that, surprisingly. I think I have some resource cost reduction on gear, and the +4 on crit is really useful. Other than that, I typically don't channel in one place too long and alternate the spells. Although I think I'll give the AP reduction rune on Ray of Frost a try, I've been using the one that freezes mobs.

I also tried FB Meteor, and it's dead simple (which I like), but squishy. Doing the Thrill conquest was fun - I obliterated it no problem with a similar build to FB Meteor, then set up a Nightmares set for future shits and giggles. Then I tried Vyrs - holy poo poo, that's intense. But I didn't like how I did way more damage outside of Archon after getting stacks, and you're made of loving paper. I haven't tried the last set, forget what it's called. The one with the Time Warp bonuses?

Overall, cool class. How many Season Journey chapters are there? I'm on the one where you have to do a T13 rift in 5 minutes or less. I've tried this a few times and even with a mega-blaster-master rift, I can't seem to get it done because I compulsively stop to pick up DBs and leggos. Not sure what 2nd Conquest I'll do, probably the boss rush one.

CobiWann posted:

This. So far I've done it all solo.

Ofecks fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Oct 7, 2018

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Generic Octopus posted:

I have no idea what in D2 gives the impression that Tyrael was a secret rear end in a top hat, aside from taking your money to resurrect your hireling. There weren't any "seals" on the Worldstone's chamber; the Ancients guarded the summit, and Baal himself was preventing angels from intruding.

My uncle who worked at Nintendo HGL may or may not have told me a rumor that the original plan was for Cain to be Belial, Tyrael was a red herring, the Horadrim have been extinct for a long time and Cain was just Belial solidifying his position from the start pretending to be a nice old Horadrim being in the right place at the right time to ensure the destruction of the Prime Evils.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Ofecks posted:

Overall, cool class. How many Season Journey chapters are there? I'm on the one where you have to do a T13 rift in 5 minutes or less. I've tried this a few times and even with a mega-blaster-master rift, I can't seem to get it done because I compulsively stop to pick up DBs and leggos. Not sure what 2nd Conquest I'll do, probably the boss rush one.

Join a public T13 rift. 5 minutes should be easy in 1-2 rifts if you find a decent group. Guardian is the last tier.

http://d3resource.com/journey/

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

tetsuo posted:

I might be in for this if the game had built-in mod support, and people ended up remastering stuff like Eastern Sun.

In D3 news, the loot RNG has been kind to me this season, giving me DML/Dawn/Yang's Recurve/Visage of Gunes in quick succession.

(watch as I somehow never get Convention of Elements)

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Join a public T13 rift. 5 minutes should be easy in 1-2 rifts if you find a decent group. Guardian is the last tier.

http://d3resource.com/journey/

Oh I have to do a 3rd conquest for the final rank? Hm, well I've been scrapping stuff I've found for other classes so 8 set dungeons is out, and I have no desire to speedrun the campaign, so looks like I'll be doing Avarice. I guess with a rank 50 boon and Avarice Ring (which is part of my farming setup anyway) it can easily be done with a blaster rift.

Silly noob question, but how does one join a public game?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Ofecks posted:

Oh I have to do a 3rd conquest for the final rank? Hm, well I've been scrapping stuff I've found for other classes so 8 set dungeons is out, and I have no desire to speedrun the campaign, so looks like I'll be doing Avarice. I guess with a rank 50 boon and Avarice Ring (which is part of my farming setup anyway) it can easily be done with a blaster rift.

Ruins of Corvus in Act V makes Avarice super simple with the hoarder gem, 'cause of all the tiny scarabs that spawn.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Ofecks posted:

Silly noob question, but how does one join a public game?

Game settings, lower right hand corner, public game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

CobiWann posted:

Ofecks posted:

Nope. Just join the LLJK Community. The first week of the season has passed, so it's pretty dead, because most goons can't commit, but at the start of a new season, you can get all the PLs and Paragon Points. Right now, about the best you can get is someone who did all 5 Acts worth of Bounties asking if anyone wants to join them while they turn them in. 10 free Horadric Caches just for joining their party. It's not frequent, but I've seen it happen twice in the last week.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
FWIW if you're looking for a PL the "Seasonal Powerleveling" community is fairly large and there's no shortage of people on at any hour.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Suburban Dad posted:

I am just trying leapquake for the first time. A mix of :aaaaa: and :haw:

I've been playing Leapquake for a little while now, and yeah, it's great. And with the NumLock trick, it's :black101:

Khorne posted:

Leapquake is fun as hell and will only be ruined for you by the better mobility of other classes.

I'd main barb if it were the best solo pushing build, but most barbs wouldn't be happy about it probably.

I finally got the last parts I needed to try out a Whirlwind build (needed Chest, Feets, and Solemn Vow), and while it's OK, it's not as much fun as Leapquake.

Although, with the Numlock trick, Battle Rage makes you autistic, as you endlessly scream...

tetsuo posted:

FWIW if you're looking for a PL the "Seasonal Powerleveling" community is fairly large and there's no shortage of people on at any hour.

This is good info, and should probably be in the OP...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I'm playing a Barbarian this season and a lot of the key parts of Leapquake have been falling into my hands. What is the numlock trick?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm playing a Barbarian this season and a lot of the key parts of Leapquake have been falling into my hands. What is the numlock trick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaAI8s8rft4

Note that it doesn't play nice with Earthquake. If I use it with Earthquake, only the skill I have in Slot 4 goes auto fires. I only use Earthquake for Elites and Rift Guardians, so I'm fine with manually using it.

I put Leap on Right Click, and Seismic Slam on Left Click, and just Leap Leap Leap > Seismic Slam, wait about a second for Leap to recharge, repeat. For Bosses, I go Leap Leap Leap > Earthquake > Seismic Slam, then Leap Leap Leap > Seismic Slam. If the boss is still standing when Earthquake comes off cooldown, I use it again.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Generic Octopus posted:

Ruins of Corvus in Act V makes Avarice super simple with the hoarder gem, 'cause of all the tiny scarabs that spawn.

Screw that noise. T13 cow level within a minute of entering the portal and you are done.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dameius posted:

Screw that noise. T13 cow level within a minute of entering the portal and you are done.

Requires finding/wasting DBs on a bardiche though. Personally, I just wait until the Fields of Misery tileset comes up in a T13 rift and make sure to full clear it without stopping to loot; last two times it ended up happening before I finished Slayer.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Requires finding/wasting DBs on a bardiche though. Personally, I just wait until the Fields of Misery tileset comes up in a T13 rift and make sure to full clear it without stopping to loot; last two times it ended up happening before I finished Slayer.

Tomayto / tomahto because that requires fishing for the full size tile set.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dameius posted:

Tomayto / tomahto because that requires fishing for the full size tile set.

Oh yeah I mean it's not the fastest way if it's the last thing you need period, but if you keep an eye open while you're doing other stuff you can skip ahead on it

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Either way, it is better than doing Corvis. Either pick it up incidentally along your way with your method. Or, if you are knocking off your checklist one at a time, just get your Bardiche and be done with it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Generic Octopus posted:

Yea, Imperius is blatantly a Michael stand-in. I don't expect him to pull a Malthael, he seemed more disdainful than hostile to me, but it wouldn't surprise me if Blizzard decided to go that route. The Black Soulstone is gone though, Malth broke it then it exploded when he did, so now all the demons are free (again). Honestly I can't wait to see if they decide that the events of D3 were also all part of Diablo's 5d chess gambit to reform Tathamet or something.

The black soulstone shattering was obvious set-up for 'what next.' The easiest thing to presume, is that some new ghost-buster demon trapping thing will be janked up, and the player goes around beating up demons yet again.
Imperious is essentially bigoted and arrogant, to a fault. It'd be a bliz thing to lazily put him through the same moral spin-down that Malthael did and just essentially do a reapeat of 'major angel going for a human pogrom', to motivate a next Diablo game. Turn the fight into three faction free for all, give the player more visual variety on poo poo to beat up. I wouldn't necessarily rule out a writer taking that path. Seems nothing is sacred and anything can be subject to change. Particularly considering:

Star Man posted:

The male barbarian was originally supposed to be the same one from Diablo II, but it was changed.

Lol what? When did this happen, and what was the retcon?

Kheldarn posted:

This will be addressed in the Amazuidadin Expansion that's being announced at BlizzCon. No new classes, just more story, telling what happened to those 3. They dead

This is a good summary of the Warcraft BfA expansion.

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
The Tal Rasha bonus set finally got me to try out a channeling wizard this season, and oh man is the Etched Sigil + Meteor Shower combo fun. Everything is always exploding, forever!

Haven't gotten the Halo of Kirini or the Aquila to cube yet, so I'm squishy as hell, but this is stupidly fun. I hope Diablo 4 is just this with better (meatier?) meteor explosion graphics.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Did anyone get sub 3 minutes on the current challenge rift?

edit: It just changed to some monk one. I meant on the wizard.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 9, 2018

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

Dameius posted:

Ah yeah that would do it I guess. Thanks for the suggestions everyone. It didn't even occur to me that I could make the baradiche with the cube, good tip.

Speaking of cow levels, I got a cow rift yesterday! It was 10(!) floors and I full-cleared all of it. The trash/whites didn't seem to drop much loot at all, was I imagining things or is that true?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

5er posted:

Lol what? When did this happen, and what was the retcon?

They changed it in development before the game released. Blizzard didn't want to write different dialogue for that one character. Since the male Barbarian would already be familiar with things from his experience in D2, but it is why the male Barbarian model is so much older than the other playable classes and even the female Barbarian.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/blizzcon-2013-diablo-iii-lore-qa-panel-transcript/4

quote:

Boyarski: It was the sorceress. At one point in — and we even announced it, that the Barbarian was supposed to be the Barbarian from Diablo II. And as we were progressing in making the game we just found that we had to explain so much differently for a character that had experienced it versus characters that were new on the scene that it was kind of cluttering things up. And we have tried to find different places to reveal some of these stories and just wanna say it’s something we’re still working on and thinking about. The best way to do it without interjecting these things from the left field out of the story.

Kindreagan: You didn’t wanna constantly have something that the monk didn’t know that the male Barbarian does. And then, whoever is playing the male Barbarian doesn’t get that explanation because their character should know that already.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I went to watch the cinematics to relive the glory that is the terrible D3 story (thanks, thread), but realized they weren't unlocked for whatever reason. I beat the game at launch but haven't really done much but adventure mode since. I sped through the story and it's even more cringe worthy than I remember with dumb fetch things that just seemed like filler to make the game longer.

Oh no Diablo is free again and the nephalem is going to get corrupted in D4! We're all doomed!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

OhFunny posted:

They changed it in development before the game released. Blizzard didn't want to write different dialogue for that one character. Since the male Barbarian would already be familiar with things from his experience in D2, but it is why the male Barbarian model is so much older than the other playable classes and even the female Barbarian.

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/blizzcon-2013-diablo-iii-lore-qa-panel-transcript/4

The writing is so poo poo in general I had no idea that the male barbarian thing was walked back before launch even.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
God this monk challenge rift shows how loving boring the design of D3 is. I'm surprised they would show off a build this tedious. It's literally just movement ability, resource regen 30 sec cd ability, right click.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
That sounds like the opposite of tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
The EU Monk challenge rift is just bafflingly bad.
A LoN Wave of Light build with multiple Ancients, but also with 2 yellow armor pieces?