Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Someone needs to stfu and go solve a mystery at an abandoned carnival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Giggy posted:

People going out to restaurants isn't going to boost the economy much when there's empty retail properties all over the place.

*I said retail but meant commercial.

the pop. 70k college town I live in is a ghost town now downtown. The only sector renting new space is healthcare. Haven't seen the nos. on local restaurants but some of the chains that operated here (5 guys, panera) have closed for good.

the 12-theater movie venue got out of its lease, and the hotel that's been here for 100 years has filed for bankruptcy.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

John_A_Tallon posted:

Don't mess with Texas! Or else the Texans will be sad and poor, and will make toothless vague threats.

texans getting buttmad that people were laughing at them as they froze to death cuz they hired all the dudes that ran enron is kinda amusing.
cuz they were all guffawing and hooting/hollering when :ca: was burning down.

texas :texas:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Willa Rogers posted:

the pop. 70k college town I live in is a ghost town now downtown. The only sector renting new space is healthcare. Haven't seen the nos. on local restaurants but some of the chains that operated here (5 guys, panera) have closed for good.

the 12-theater movie venue got out of its lease, and the hotel that's been here for 100 years has filed for bankruptcy.

we are gonna be on the next level, just gotta wait a bit

"the next 6 months are crucial" i say friedmanishly

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

fits my needs posted:

texans getting buttmad that people were laughing at them as they froze to death cuz they hired all the dudes that ran enron is kinda amusing.

The texans that froze to death were black and brown, white people had their power restored asap.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

a Loving Dog posted:

the same cdc that said masks weren’t effective in order to “preserve them for frontline workers”?? huh weird

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Im pretty sure Cuomo is allowing evictions to take place starting in May so In sure that won't be a disaster.

Also polls are fake, gently caress Cuomo

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
heeeey wadda youse want from da cuomo

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
use guys ever seen a grown man naked? heeeey just talkin

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

KomradeX posted:

Im pretty sure Cuomo is allowing evictions to take place starting in May so In sure that won't be a disaster.

Actually he has all these bad stories because women wouldn't gently caress Cuomo

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Judakel posted:

why won't you touch-a my spaghet!?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

KomradeX posted:

Cuomo could shoot someone on 5th ave and not have to resign.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

KillerFuzzball posted:

Over the course of 2019 the media hopped from one centrist candidate to the next, trying and failing to make one stick, while either outright making GBS threads on Bernie or completely ignoring him. Then centrist voltron formed, covid ramped up, and Biden fell rear end backwards into the nomination. What happened in the primary was anything but organic.

this is the next 30 years of democratic politics. obama will not tolerate anyone running on a platform demanding material things beyond what obama did, so if you aren't happy with the ACA, or with PAYE+PSLF, obama + the media backing him will destroy your campaign. He's going to do this until he's 90.

if you want to run for medicare/aid for all you might as well run from the right on it and just say hey look, obamacare is a scam designed to steal your money, give it to insurance execs, and those insurance execs publicly promised to never donate to republicans.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Judakel posted:

Eyyyy, I got yo salami right here!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Majorian posted:

Eyyyy, I got yo salami right here!

This is the kind of troublesome content that's going to wind up with evilweasel as a cspam ik

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas posted:

The texans that froze to death were black and brown, white people had their power restored asap.

no poo poo, wow amazing. tell me more. oh its not just in texas? its all of the US? :wow:

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

fits my needs posted:

Hate to say it but this is succ thought

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lib and let die posted:

This is the kind of troublesome content that's going to wind up with evilweasel as a cspam ik

Look, I'm just quoting Gov. Cuomo's latest victory speech, okay?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

John_A_Tallon posted:

Don't mess with Texas! Or else the Texans will be sad and poor, and will make toothless vague threats.

fits my needs posted:

Love to guffaw at people freezing to death because they're gerrymandered to gently caress in a hell state ruled over by chuds in 2021 then blame them for no blue texas in 2022

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
texas already turned blue tho

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

fits my needs posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

fits my needs posted:

Sure would've if Biden wasn't openly contemptuous of Latinos outside of Florida.

e: lol just got your joke

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/NYGovCuomo/status/1255839068010819584?s=20
https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/826247918260674561?s=20

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Also "don't mess with Texas" isn't some kind of threat, it's an old anti-littering campaign slogan that predates the influx of former blue-state resident chuds who came here to live out their dumb cowboy fantasies. It was literally a call to respect and preserve the natural beauty of the state

I can't tell if this is a SYQ situation I'm taking the bait on or not tbh

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

When he sexually harasses himself, I'll believe it.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

"I am a bisexual woman with mental problems" -Gov. Cuomo, pbuh.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am also gay

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

My parents live in a huge senior (55+) co-op and the person who cleans their common areas turned down the vaccine lol

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

As a New Yorker, I have been with older men

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

mastershakeman posted:

if you want to run for medicare/aid for all you might as well run from the right on it and just say hey look, obamacare is a scam designed to steal your money, give it to insurance execs, and those insurance execs publicly promised to never donate to republicans.

"Just do healthcare like the Army does."

Tricare and Mandatory PT for all!

(At least several people would go for that.)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I am a New Yorker, I've had sex with someone with bad bangs

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/revolvingdoorDC/status/1367558282181828611?s=20

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Well, this thread was fun while it lasted :(

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/chicagotribune/status/1366434383515820033?s=20
https://twitter.com/ReporterHannah/status/1364987155727208457?s=20
https://twitter.com/CBSDenver/status/1367550549487276032?s=20

lol they are gonna make unemployment even harder to get

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

I guess they literally want angry mobs

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

do you hear it, cspam? the clamoring voice of the masses? its anguished cry for austerity?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It seems like rather than have 50 state unemployment systems to have to patch, it'd be a lot easier to have a single federal one

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/MsFlowersTweets/status/1367130112773283841?s=19

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

jfc