Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Punchsport podcast: Who do you think in NJPW would work well in WWE? Vice versa, who would have a better career over in NJPW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I don't think I'm ready for a dave & mike show where they're not both on a telephone

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
This Sin Limite is pretty weak, too many questions are awful smark opinions instead of actual questions.

Edit: I spoke too soon, Dave took a "LOL WHY DOES CENA SUCK SO MUCH" question and turned it into an interesting discussion of how Hogan stayed fresh because they constantly brought in new opponents for him while Cena gets opponents recycled all the time.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Dec 8, 2013

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

This Sin Limite is pretty weak, too many questions are awful smark opinions instead of actual questions.

Edit: I spoke too soon, Dave took a "LOL WHY DOES CENA SUCK SO MUCH" question and turned it into an interesting discussion of how Hogan stayed fresh because they constantly brought in new opponents for him while Cena gets opponents recycled all the time.
I was going to check it out, but the description was mostly about boxing and MMA. If I'm only interested in wrestling, is there a point where you'd recommend I begin?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

LividLiquid posted:

I was going to check it out, but the description was mostly about boxing and MMA. If I'm only interested in wrestling, is there a point where you'd recommend I begin?

Second show probably, most of the questions were wrestling related as I recall. Really the boxing discussion wasn't so long and the mma stuff was mostly discussion on the card last night.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

sk posted:

punchman talkcasts: each person on the show, please take turns and each say something nice about tatanka

NO. NO. NO. gently caress you no. He is bad and also no!

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

sk posted:

punchman talkcasts: each person on the show, please take turns and each say something nice about tatanka

Buffalo

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Hooray, I have four willing victims, I mean participants, so Euro PISSCAST will be live at some point this week. Looking to record on Wednesday, but I'll double confirm tomorrow

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
whats the story behind the title of the thread

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Probably the second show, the first show is mostly UFC with a bit of network talk.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

ICHIBAHN posted:

whats the story behind the title of the thread

Hulkamatt and MRT are both obsessed with Mike Quackenbush's penis.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Karmine posted:

Or lack there of. #askquestions

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Karmine posted:

Still waiting on that Hulkamatt/Quackenbush shoot fight.

Be a man, Quack.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is the Cornette-Ross interview any good? Cornette's told the story of how JR was the only one who believed he'd beat the hell out of Kevin Dunn, so you'd think they'd have some stories.

Big Dave posted:

... I'm scared to death of, of, you know, not watching for any length of time, because it's like I've invested too much of my life in this to be out of touch, and if I stop watching for, you know, a while, I would be out of touch. *sigh*

:smith:

Arbite fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 8, 2013

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Karmine posted:

Hey this is all MRP not me. I just challenged him to a fight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am the one that likes talking about penii and that should come as no surprise to anyone who visits my psp-tv channel.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Poor Meltz...

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dave Metlzer: The Sunk Cost Fallacy of wrestling.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

HulkaMatt posted:

Hey this is all MRP not me. I just challenged him to a fight.

You're the one who changed the thread title!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

His head is shaped just like the emote.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Makes sense, Vince McMahon is a real life cartoon.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Makes sense, Vince McMahon is a real life cartoon.

I wish his daughter was a real life silent movie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I wish his daughter was a real life silent movie.

Every WWE show opens with Test facedown, dead in a swimming pool, before narrating the events that follow.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Punch/Pisscasters: Which gimmicks do you consider the most objectively terrible/stupid but have still managed to get over? And what slammy category doesn't yet exist but should?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Punch/Pisscasters: What's the best thing about hoss wrestlers?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Punch&Piss: Which are the best examples of a) Crap theme song for Awesome wrestler, and b) Awesome theme song for Crap wrestler?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Fuccccccckkkkkk. I got an answer for my question about the Taz episode of Austin's podcast - it was edited due to the cellphone reception being awful for Taz's call and half the interview being inaudible. More importantly though.... Austin did a TWO HOUR interview with Jim Cornette and a technical gently caress-up means the show can't go up, as only Cornette's half of the call was recorded

:negative:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The F4W caller who confused Celine Dion with Shania Twain was great

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I need the Punchsport Podcast before I go to bed. And by that, I mean it helps put me to sleep.

What's the ETA? Screw editing. Just upload it uncut.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE 10 COUNT - A VERY LONG SHOW

Very long indeed. Just under 2 hours.

The topics:

01.) Big Apple Takedown!!!
02.) Raw was amazing. Or at least the final segment was.
03.) TLC Predictions
04.) WWE Network killing the PPV model?
05.) WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: AKIRA TAUE
06.) TNA Roster: 2013 vs. 2007
07.) From Tonfa: What current or formerly employed "just a guy" in WWE is most likely to have a career resurgence?
08.) From flashy mcflash: What cities make you legitimately excited when you find out there's going to be a show there?
09.) From Rarity: If Alberto Del Rio has a match and nobody in the crowd makes a sound, does the match exist?
10.) From Draga: What are the worst wrestler names?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

HulkaMatt posted:

Very long indeed. Just under 2 hours.

Ha.

Confirm or deny you acted like a butthole to Goog.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Deny!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Punchsport Podcast just needs a third hour.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Tonfa posted:

Punchsport Podcast just needs a third hour.

This but unironically

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
"The title originally said Wrestlehut Pisscast. So I changed it."

I noticed that. At first I thought I was crazy. Then I thought it was a joke and I missed it the first time. Now I know the truth. Thanks Hulkamatt!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I liked the part where you argued about the financial viability of the WWE network for 10 minutes before establishing that it was a streaming thing not a cable channel thing.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

NienNunb posted:

This but unironically

Man you must really love schadenfreude.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Blasmeister posted:

I liked the part where you argued about the financial viability of the WWE network for 10 minutes before establishing that it was a streaming thing not a cable channel thing.

Worst part is KFG said it right as that convo started, but i talked over him so I didn't hear him. I actually edited it so he could be heard clearly before I start going on about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

So it turns out there was a secret episode of OSWReview, an unaired pilot that Jay made to see if a wrestling video podcast was actually possible. And it's a fairly interesting event to review too.

OSWReview Episode 0: Black Saturday

• Locked thread