Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

FMguru posted:

my favorite stadia detail was that the controller had a microphone built into it - a fact that was completely unmentioned in any of the promotional or technical documentation that accompanied the launch of the device

google apologized for the accidental "oversight"

lmao. Amazing

That one's going in my file for this design ethics class I'm building

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
absolutely unbelievable that a controller with a dedicated button for a voice assistant has a microphone in it

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

butt dickus posted:

absolutely unbelievable that a controller with a dedicated button for a voice assistant has a microphone in it

no one's going to use that button

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

no one is using the button because no one bought a stadia controller

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

remember when google glass was getting banned from every public place due to the camera and at no point did anyone think to just not include a camera

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

I got the stadia controller for free. if my wired 360 controller ever dies it'll be the replacement, because it doesn't support Bluetooth

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

get another wired 360 instead. the stadia controller has the left stick in the wrong place

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the original 360 controller was awful. terrible d-pad and analog stick

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

still better than any other controller at the time. at least stadia has the correct d-pad shape

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
??? The GC controller was still being sold at the time. :colbert:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

all non nintendo controllers were kneecapped with a terrible d-pad until nintendo's patent expired in 2005

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

and microsoft for one brief shining moment made the perfect controller, the xbox one one.

then they went back to some dumb poo poo non-cross-shaped d-pad for the new xbox. why

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

DoomTrainPhD posted:

ruined by the hosed up little nub analog stick and only one bumper

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Last Chance posted:

all non nintendo controllers were kneecapped with a terrible d-pad until nintendo's patent expired in 2005

the playstation d-pad was fine

they managed to make the 360 d-pad was worse then the one on the original xbox. it was so bad it rivaled old colecovision controllers for crappiness

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my wired 360 controller is old as balls and still suits all my pc jamesing needs

irpoweroutlet
Aug 23, 2005
It's 'Lectric!

Sagebrush posted:

and microsoft for one brief shining moment made the perfect controller, the xbox one one.

then they went back to some dumb poo poo non-cross-shaped d-pad for the new xbox. why

the new Xbox dpad is real good. it’s extremely clicky

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

The_Franz posted:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

carry on then posted:

remember when google glass was getting banned from every public place due to the camera and at no point did anyone think to just not include a camera

I enjoyed finding out that google glass went from garage prototype to actual product way faster than it should have because sergey saw it and got a boner [that he promptly shared with someone in his reporting structure]

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jenny Agutter posted:

ruined by the hosed up little nub analog stick and only one bumper

True. The switch pro-controller would be the best controller ever if the triggers were analog.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

The_Franz posted:

it was the best of the bunch for sure, but not as good as nintendos

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Last Chance posted:

it was the best of the bunch for sure, but not as good as nintendos

that's because they patented the only good design and it didn't run out until a few years ago

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yes, that's what I said.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

DoomTrainPhD posted:

GCN has a bad D-pad and as much as I dislike double shoulder buttons the Z button is worst of both worlds.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

got an OTA update for my Galaxy S10+ some One UI 3.0 poo poo, installed the upgrade and now they've removed the option to select custom notification sounds wtf

edit: worked it out, had to re-download tim.wav, move it to the "Notifications" folder on the internal storage which then makes it magically appear for selection in the settings app. pos

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Feb 7, 2021

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

irpoweroutlet posted:

the new Xbox dpad is real good. it’s extremely clicky

can confirm. it is very good but so loud it risks annoying anyone around you.

it is the mechanical keyboard of controllers.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Pile Of Garbage posted:

got an OTA update for my Galaxy S10+ some One UI 3.0 poo poo, installed the upgrade and now they've removed the option to select custom notification sounds wtf

edit: worked it out, had to re-download tim.wav, move it to the "Notifications" folder on the internal storage which then makes it magically appear for selection in the settings app. pos

imagine not having your phone on vibrate

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Pile Of Garbage posted:

hwo many times has someone said "nice meme" when u get a text

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

imagine not having your phone on vibrate

it normally is when i'm not at home. i'm not an rear end in a top hat

carry on then posted:

hwo many times has someone said "nice meme" when u get a text

it was actually kinda an internal joke where i work so when i caught up with the same colleagues on a diff contract recently and forgot to put my phone on silent they all had a hearty chuckle. ofc as above i only take it off vibrate at home

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pile Of Garbage posted:

it normally is when i'm not at home. i'm not an rear end in a top hat

it was actually kinda an internal joke where i work so when i caught up with the same colleagues on a diff contract recently and forgot to put my phone on silent they all had a hearty chuckle. ofc as above i only take it off vibrate at home

dsyp with the status of your sex life please

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

Shifty Pony posted:

can confirm. it is very good but so loud it risks annoying anyone around you.

it is the mechanical keyboard of controllers.

easy fix you just got to relube the switches and add o-rings

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

current stadia status:
https://twitter.com/Demilogic/status/1358661842147692549

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
love this hyperconverged modern world where you get banned from everything google all at once

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

carry on then posted:

what do you mean, “anyone”

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol wife's whatever google fi phone is intermittently losing the sim and dropping data all over the place to the point that she's doing call forwarding to her ipad now. this is going to be her 5th one in five years

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
gently caress lol Android is so bad. this is my 3rd phone in as many years

posted from my Google pixel 4a

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
which sucks because I genuinely like a some things that anderoid has done ui wise. But man those are bad numbers

Forums Medic
Oct 2, 2010

i be out there in orbit
android has a better ui than ios

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

pixel 3a is almost 2 years old and still going strong

but I admit that it has been in the shop once (and only once) because I was a dumbass and didn't buy a case and the screen cracked when I dropped it

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

some guy at my work who seems cool and nice bought a new android phone 3 months ago and it’s already stopped getting updates so it can’t connect to our work exchange and he’s had to go back to some 4 year old nokia android. owned

I just told him to use it as an excuse to never check email out of work hours but he said nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
did your co-worker buy a $50 android phone or what