Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
The squirrels near my house are assholes. They ate through our pumpkins in a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

Straya and Murica are pretty similar

So they are. So. they. are.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

can't even tell how bad they stink b/c their senses are dulled to poo poo lol

lol I smoked my senior year of high school and like for five years after that. Totally chainsmoked, like a carton a week of Lucky Strikes (which were cool 'cause they were mentioned in a Drivin' N' Cryin' lyric). And somehow I figured that 'cause I'd smoke outside, my folks never knew. I must've reeked of smoke constantly. (when I quit, I stopped getting bronchitis every winter :iiam:)

Pick posted:

I don't like squirrels generally, and I'm not going to reward them for exploiting the bird welfare system :mad:

Do that thing where you add an additional obstacle every couple of days so you get them trained to run a ridiculously long course:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWU0bfo-bSY

boring preachy chat to be ignored: OK, the scary thing with smoking or not exercising or eating like poo poo is not that you lived life to the fullest and then just suddenly keel over looking beautiful, it's that life starts to gradually suck more and more until you're that incapacitated old lady on the rascal with the oxygen tank. If it happens to me, I wanna be able to say, it's not 'cause I hosed up anything, it was just fate. Schmaltzy video I thought was cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo6QNU8kHxI

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Wildlife Analysis posted:

The squirrels near my house are assholes. They ate through our pumpkins in a day.

they will make a good meal

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i really wanted to paint some warhammer miniatures so i got some and primed them black like i thought you were supposed too but it turns out it's super hard to paint red over black so i got some red paint to prime them red but i put on way too much and now i have to strip them and start all over again oh god i fail at everything i wanna just go to bed for a week

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

STRAYA

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
your first mistake was buying warhammer miniatures. I hope you've learned from this experience.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
but there's teen wolf tomorrow

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

boom boom boom posted:

i really wanted to paint some warhammer miniatures so i got some and primed them black like i thought you were supposed too but it turns out it's super hard to paint red over black so i got some red paint to prime them red but i put on way too much and now i have to strip them and start all over again oh god i fail at everything i wanna just go to bed for a week

I'm sorry about your life choices

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Slightly cuter than the Murican equivalent, though

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

crocodile didlee

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah that's like painting 101. It's a lot easier to go from light to dark than it is dark to light. So you always start with the lighter colors (and pretty much everything is lighter than black sooo yeah).

Never painted miniatures, but I've painted pictures and a few pieces of furniture.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
gently caress you mortality vid bitch thread. fuckin cute rear end squirrel vid then crippling reminder of the ever present threat of death. sickos.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:911: *salutes*

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
I don't mind when squirrels eat out of my birdfeeder because I love them, but I got a pretty wooden one and they gnawed on it to make the holes bigger, and I did mind that. They also eat so much birdseed wtf is that?

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

rawdog pozfail posted:

gently caress you mortality vid bitch thread. fuckin cute rear end squirrel vid then crippling reminder of the ever present threat of death. sickos.

I said it was preachy! :smith: sorry for disrupting the lady thread vibe

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

rawdog pozfail posted:

:raise:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

detectivemonkey posted:

I don't mind when squirrels eat out of my birdfeeder because I love them, but I got a pretty wooden one and they gnawed on it to make the holes bigger, and I did mind that. They also eat so much birdseed wtf is that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcRhflUbcg

Warning: This is a Dad video. Man enjoys squirrel pain.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
im sorry i just..my grandparents, and the holidays *sobs uncontrollably*

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Putty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpcRhflUbcg

Warning: This is a Dad video. Man enjoys squirrel pain.

I like the one around 6:30 who figured it out (for a little while). I got my dad one of those birdfeeders that spins around when it senses too much weight and flings the squirrel off, but it ruined his "yelling at squirrels" time, so he didn't use it (which I was happy about).

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

That's the purpose of "heat" in stuff like peppers: to keep stupid mammals from eating it so the birds can eat them instead and fly around dispersing the seeds. I don't know if it's all birds though, might want to check on that beforehand. :v:

So, fill my bird feeder with buffalo wings?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Just capture all the squirrels and take them to Buffalo Wild Wings. They might not get the message but you'll have a hell of a time.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

So, fill my bird feeder with buffalo wings?

If you want to attract vultures I guess? :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kimmalah posted:

COOL

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Squirrels are horrible plague carrying beasties that are also a vegetable gardener's nightmare. Somehow they get a pass because people think they're cute, but wait til you have them nesting in your attic.

Birds are awesome and eat pests. Except magpies, who are horrible jerks that chase away everything else and sit on fences taunting your dog.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Kimmalah posted:

Who wouldn't?

Or chickens. They love a bit of cannibalism.

Demora
Aug 13, 2004

It wouldn't be the Enterprise without a Sulu at the helm

Enfys posted:

Squirrels are horrible plague carrying beasties that are also a vegetable gardener's nightmare. Somehow they get a pass because people think they're cute, but wait til you have them nesting in your attic.

Birds are awesome and eat pests. Except magpies, who are horrible jerks that chase away everything else and sit on fences taunting your dog.

The loving squirrels sit on my fence and taunt my dogs. They chitter and crawl down the fence juuuust out of jumping reach and flick their tails in my dogs faces until they're drat near rabid and then they run away.

Assholes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
get a cat

my bro's cat is squirrelkiller queen

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sonrisa posted:

The loving squirrels sit on my fence and taunt my dogs. They chitter and crawl down the fence juuuust out of jumping reach and flick their tails in my dogs faces until they're drat near rabid and then they run away.

Assholes.

i think the real problem is you need better dogs

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Pick posted:

get a cat

my bro's cat is squirrelkiller queen

If you want all the birds to be dead, too

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Loads of people get off on having someone in a subservient role to them. Makes them feel powerful.

Would it be possible to identify such people and have them murdered.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Kimmalah posted:

It would also attract football fans and I'm not willing to deal with that invasive species.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

All Of The Dicks posted:

Not without becoming one of them. It's a hell of a failsafe.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

mind the walrus posted:

hmm interest

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

I don't think this is true.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

All Of The Dicks posted:

in a world without doms the switch is king.

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

I can only get off on domming doms.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Enfys posted:

Who wouldn't?

Or chickens. They love a bit of cannibalism.

Yeah they sound great:

quote:

New World vultures often vomit when threatened or approached. Contrary to some accounts, they don't 'projectile vomit' on their attacker as a deliberate defense, but it does lighten their stomach load to make take-off easier, and the vomited meal residue may distract a predator, allowing the bird to escape. New World vultures also urinate straight down their legs; the uric acid kills bacteria accumulated from walking through carcasses, and also acts as evaporative cooling.

Their stomach acid is also incredibly strong to deal with bacteria so there's that too. Just puking and peeing everywhere. :stonklol:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kimmalah posted:

Their stomach acid is also incredibly strong to deal with bacteria so there's that too. Just puking and peeing everywhere. :stonklol:

vulture house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

All Of The Dicks posted:

I don't think this is true.

If you kill in defense, you are protecting yourself. If you kill for revenge, you are a nemesis. If you kill for pleasure, you are a sociopath.

If you kill for power, you are a tyrant. If you kill a tyrant it depends on what you do next that will determine your outcome.

"I did not just fight a war for independence to become King George the First." -George Washington. I may be a little off on that quote.

• Locked thread