Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Saganist posted:

Can I be invited to guild without being online? Won't be on until patch is out. IGN is MinesCats

done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
new Zana VO: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/50snqq/new_zana_vo_and_lines_huge_spoilers_starting_at/

sounds pretty mediocre imo

edit oh yeah spoilers also in the comments further down, rip me

Goa Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 2, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

GIVE BACK ROMANIAN ZANA OR RIOT

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Lmao @ spoilers. NotLikeThis!

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Deafening Essence of Zeal posted:

Quiver: (11-120)% increased Attack Speed
I sure hope this is a typo

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Did they mute prophecy chick? God I hope so.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looks like i might do some ledge farming then.

Also im so undecided i dont even no if ill play new league this weekend.

I will. Ill just go neversink archer.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
How good/bad of a first character is tri-curse RF totem chieftain with either orb of storms or ball lightning to curse on hit and trigger EE plus EO?

Edit: by which I mean orb or ball to curse on hit, and traps to trigger EE since orb and ball won't deal any damage.

Artificial Idiocy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 2, 2016

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Mystery Prize posted:

I sure hope this is a typo

I hope not!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Holyshoot posted:

*In echoey Navali voice* "A faithless heart, a distracted mind, lies in the cold bowels of a dead homosexual message board" (You are a bad player who will whine endlessly)

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Def gonna do a fork fireball scion

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
To plow your mom, you need a tool. To harvest tears, you need a tool. If you post on SA, you are a tool

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Artificial Idiocy posted:

How good/bad of a first character is tri-curse RF totem chieftain with either orb of storms or ball lightning to curse on hit and trigger EE plus EO?

Edit: by which I mean orb or ball to curse on hit, and traps to trigger EE since orb and ball won't deal any damage.

I'm thinking of something similar. Since I hate pressing buttons, I was wondering if I could combine things and use trapped ice spear to both apply ice damage and get crits? IS-GMP-Trap-Fork?,Chain?, cluster traps?, inc crits? Leave it in a 3l?
Or maybe use frost nova to spread ice damage around as much as possible so something like IS-FN-Trap-Cluster?

E: Does cluster trap work with the trap support gem? The wiki doesn't say either way.

Pharnakes fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 2, 2016

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
So I'm stuck at work until 8 EDT -- I'll be in around 9 EDT, debating between HC and SC (I like HC, but I have a feeling 99% of the guild is gonna be SC). Probably PF BV, once I see how ZIggy's build shakes out.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Crit heirophant fireball totems anything else is wrong.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

When does this go live? Also I have no clue what my build will be. EQ was kind of boring

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
It goes live at 20:00 GMT, or 4:18 from this post.

What's the recommended stash and trade companion app now? Still acquisition?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
If only there was somewhere you could look with a countdown timer...

https://www.pathofexile.com/news

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

killstealing posted:

To plow your mom, you need a tool. To harvest tears, you need a tool. If you post on SA, you are a tool

nightwisher posted:

TO PLOW A FIELD

YOU NEED A TOOL

TO HARVEST GRAIN

YOU NEED A TOOL

TO SHUT THE gently caress UP

YOU. NEED. A. TOOL

This ones the best

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Is there such a thing as a good spectral throw build in this day and age? I've wanted to use the seraph throw since forever and finally have those sweet, sweet microtransaction dollars

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I think facebreaker builds with the essence on contempt and the new steel rings can give you somewhere around 23-27 physical damage per attack, which can makeup the different between abyssus and bor. Though losing a chest is pretty bad.

Also, slayer or elementalist can get 100% reduced ele/phy damage from reflect with essence of insanity on a ring quiver and using sybils lament.

funmanguy fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 2, 2016

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
At the last minute I'm kinda liking the idea of a chaos ice build. Pyre, two consuming darks and an infernal mantle, vortex and maybe ice spear. Would only end up with 75% damage as chaos but you can stack up a gigantic amount of increased damage without traveling much at all with fire cold and chaos all as viable nodes. Bunch of crit innately too. Seems like the poison would be super strong.

My only issue is it's pretty much going to require me to use ES and I've never screwed with ES at all. I don't even know what a reasonable %ES amount to aim for is. I've got a speculative build that would end up at about 200% es and 120% life.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
Sup y'all, looks like I'll need a guild invite again. Can somebody invite THUMPERSMASHALSO ?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Slo-Tek posted:

Sup y'all, looks like I'll need a guild invite again. Can somebody invite THUMPERSMASHALSO ?

Done

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

thanks much.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Can you invite Firebatgyro. Thanks

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How does scaling affect Explosive Arrow- weapon damage doesn't affect it but any applicable sources will increase the fire damage?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

How does scaling affect Explosive Arrow- weapon damage doesn't affect it but any applicable sources will increase the fire damage?

Fire, AoE, projectile and elemental damage scales the explosions.

quote:

Charges: The damage from Explosive Arrow charges will not show properly on the character screen because the damage is not being caused by the skill itself but rather the charges applied.

The charges deal secondary area projectile fire damage. They do not do spell or bow damage, and by extension they do not do weapon or attack damage either. This means the following modifiers do not apply:

gain on hit
Quill Rain's reduced weapon damage
weapon elemental damage
Iron Grip
Iron Will

Firebatgyro posted:

Can you invite Firebatgyro. Thanks
Done

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ixjuvin posted:

Is there such a thing as a good spectral throw build in this day and age? I've wanted to use the seraph throw since forever and finally have those sweet, sweet microtransaction dollars
sure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ju9DHTYvA

basically using dreamfeather's globals you stack evasion to increase your poison damage, and since projectile double dipping is still in it should work fine

Hauki
May 11, 2010

YoungSexualNorton posted:

At the last minute I'm kinda liking the idea of a chaos ice build. Pyre, two consuming darks and an infernal mantle, vortex and maybe ice spear. Would only end up with 75% damage as chaos but you can stack up a gigantic amount of increased damage without traveling much at all with fire cold and chaos all as viable nodes. Bunch of crit innately too. Seems like the poison would be super strong.

My only issue is it's pretty much going to require me to use ES and I've never screwed with ES at all. I don't even know what a reasonable %ES amount to aim for is. I've got a speculative build that would end up at about 200% es and 120% life.

Perfectly viable. Ice & pyre is a thing even without dual consuming & inf mantle. I would sooner spec to CI long term though and not hybrid.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I might figure out CI eventually but I need to get used to relying on ES in general before then. Build-wise I imagine it's better but my playstyle would get me murdered.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
download complete yeeeeaaaa

Shinino Kage
Sep 5, 2008
I'm now patched, have the new Neversink filter in -- now I just need to 1) find a build and 2) wait until I Get off work. :(

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Whoa 2.6 gig patch, didn't expect this to be very big.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Duck and Cover posted:

Crit heirophant fireball totems anything else is wrong.

The only spell totem fireball build I could find but looks hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v38VMnO1Do

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

What a night for me to decide to have a social life :negative:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Firos posted:

What a night for me to decide to have a social life :negative:

Shameful Display.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lamentable dustman posted:

Huh. That looks exactly like what I was thinking of doing.

I want to try bladefall traps or coldjner too. But I know I only ever play one character in a league. :negative:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

lamentable dustman posted:

Yeah I saw that. He doesn't go crit though, and I might not go sire of shards.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

The rings that bind grow tighter, the plate thicker, the leather denser, all with a single touch.

• Locked thread