Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

RBA Starblade posted:

I like how the campaign's ending pans to the Reef for a bit because the campaign forgot about them. :v:

Obviously next zones we'll be going to will be Mercury, Mars, the Reef, and the Dreadnaught.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Avalanche posted:

So how is everyone on Bone Krew meeting up? Apparently there's a slack channel?

Ain't no boners on discord

Yeah i'm actually retarded irl and would like someone to point this out to me.

When are they supposed to fix the goddamn clan roster page?

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
So with infusions lets say:

Gun A: Exotic gun level 210
Gun B: legendary gun with level 265

If I infuse gun A with gun B, will gun A automatically become 265? Or is it like D1 where it will only raise to like '242' or '251' or some other intermediate number?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
As far as my infusions have gone, it always goes to 265 or whatever the infusee is. This might be jacked up if you have mods that do stuff like raise power by 5. Also I actually don't recall if I infused exotics so maybe i'm way off, but it's prob the same.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
To continue my insane domination of multiposts on this page, it would be cool if the reef was like earth: it has a social zone and a patrol zone sorta in one thing. It'd be interesting if the subzones in this reef weren't connected like the subzones on every other planet, you actually had to use the ship to fast travel or some kind of warp thing to go to different asteroids.

Also it would be cool, aesthetically, but kind of a jerkoff thing to implement: whenever you fast traveled in a zone your ship would fly over where you were and transmat you out, then keep going and transmat you into the other spot. Then more people could check out your sweet ship shaders, and you'd get a general idea about how active a planet was just by looking up. Like how the ship drops you off almost every mission

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

:siren:

Hey warlocks, just got a Starfire Protocol and in addition to the extra fusion nade, a fusion nade kill completely refills your rift charge.

Seems extremely good for raiding imho. Extremely.

Yeah I have one too. It looks really nice too.

I almost soloed the glimmer public event with the arc exotic risk runner. All the arc damage coming my way and then triggering chain lightning on the ads. It was pretty amazing. But the main boss gets in the way and you end up eating it in the end.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Avalanche posted:

So with infusions lets say:

Gun A: Exotic gun level 210
Gun B: legendary gun with level 265

If I infuse gun A with gun B, will gun A automatically become 265? Or is it like D1 where it will only raise to like '242' or '251' or some other intermediate number?

Infusion is 1:1

BUT there are mods that sometimes come preslotted that add +5 damage. So gun A is actually level 205, because exotics always come with that mod. Gun B might actually be 260, depending on if it has the mod. Infusions don't take these into account and the mods on Gun B will be destroyed.

So if gun B has the mod, its actually 260, and infusing it into Gun A will make it 265 (because it will become 260 but still has its own +5 mod) but if it does not have the mod, Gun A will actually become 270.

Hopefully that makes sense. It's not actually complicated at all but its hard to explain without making it seem like it is.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SniperWoreConverse posted:

To continue my insane domination of multiposts on this page, it would be cool if the reef was like earth: it has a social zone and a patrol zone sorta in one thing. It'd be interesting if the subzones in this reef weren't connected like the subzones on every other planet, you actually had to use the ship to fast travel or some kind of warp thing to go to different asteroids.

Also it would be cool, aesthetically, but kind of a jerkoff thing to implement: whenever you fast traveled in a zone your ship would fly over where you were and transmat you out, then keep going and transmat you into the other spot. Then more people could check out your sweet ship shaders, and you'd get a general idea about how active a planet was just by looking up. Like how the ship drops you off almost every mission

It would be cool if you flew your giant space bus ever, Bungie.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

You have all this flexibility to make yourself look obtuse as gently caress and use every color under the sun and some of you still wanna waste 25000 glimmer on looking the same all over. Smh.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

My favourite bit was when it panned to Saturn and you can see Oryx's dreadnought and the bigass hole in the rings is still there. I want to say you can see it from Titan too but that may have just been a shadow from one of the other moons.

You wouldn't on the real Titan, it's orbit is huge and is in the same plane as the rings.

But maybe they took creative liberties in Destiny.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone get vigilance wing? It looks like trials the gun

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

It seems like you will have to abuse the +5 Mods to boost gear once you hit 280. Maybe?

I'm kind of stuck at 272. And that is with one combo of gear that isn't my favorite.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

RBA Starblade posted:

It would be cool if you flew your giant space bus ever, Bungie.

I have secret leaks that prove all planetary loading screens will be bullet hells of various types. If you're loading into the same planet you get an R-type. If it's between planets you get Tempest. Upgrading your ship is with gold dust/ silver, and repairs are automatic but cost glimmer. If you die you get dumped out of your fireteam and emergency warped to the Tower.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

actionjackson posted:

I have two. It is my favorite kinetic gun so far, but also my only exotic kinetic.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The god drat exotics are seriously messing up my pretty princess space man simulator with unique functions. I actually swapped an exotic chest for an exotic helm just because it looked better.

It's Splatoon all over again

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 11, 2017

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Ultimate Mango posted:

It seems like you will have to abuse the +5 Mods to boost gear once you hit 280. Maybe?

I'm kind of stuck at 272. And that is with one combo of gear that isn't my favorite.

This is correct. You can trade your blues for purple mods and then use those on your gear. You'll want dupes of each where possible. Buying up those rando blues though gets spendy

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Yeah I have a ton of stuff I can upgrade mod wise once I hit 280. But I have to hit 280 first. Three of a kind is a lucky number.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lmao the pvp is so bad

It's impossible to drop solo unless you can carry, and even then you're dead 50% of the time if the other squad has 2 in a fireteam.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
So you can't find 2 randoms to join you for a nightfall? Have to create your own group? That kind of sucks.

I'm at about 265 light, only way up is through a nightfall at this point right?

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 11, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

mikeraskol posted:

So you can't find 2 randoms to join you for a nightfall? Have to create your own group? That kind of sucks.

Any of the weekly "powerful gear" milestones can drop gear above that, I think. The Flashpoint, Crucible, Strikes, etc.

Speaking of, they reset on Tuesdays right? So I might as well do them even though I'm not at the cap yet?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Ultimate Mango posted:

You should apply the +5 mods now (if you happen to have any) just to boost up your baseline level.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mikeraskol posted:

If you're so eager to avoid any sort of communication with other people the nightfall won't be a good jam for you anyway. The first nightfall of D2 requires actual teamwork and coordination beyond shoot mans and shoot harder. Regardless I wish at some point Bungie would let you people queue up for nightfalls just like a regular strike so you could experience how loving awful it would be.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Any of the weekly "powerful gear" milestones can drop gear above that, I think. The Flashpoint, Crucible, Strikes, etc.

Speaking of, they reset on Tuesdays right? So I might as well do them even though I'm not at the cap yet?

Yes make sure to do them before the reset even if you aren't at the cap yet.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ihatepants posted:

Yes make sure to do them before the reset even if you aren't at the cap yet.

Beat the campaign. Im hype to kill lord Pyramidicus, one of the 3 divine Angles of the Geometricons or whatever the poo poo that ending was about.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

DrNutt posted:

If you're so eager to avoid any sort of communication with other people the nightfall won't be a good jam for you anyway. The first nightfall of D2 requires actual teamwork and coordination beyond shoot mans and shoot harder. Regardless I wish at some point Bungie would let you people queue up for nightfalls just like a regular strike so you could experience how loving awful it would be.

You're misinterpreting, I just don't know anyone that plays this game so assembling my own group is difficult. I thought it was pretty obviously implied that I would like to grab 2 others and do this thing.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Barudak posted:

Beat the campaign. Im hype to kill lord Pyramidicus, one of the 3 divine Angles of the Geometricons or whatever the poo poo that ending was about.

It's Vex

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
this raid better be cabal. if i don't get huge fuckoff cabal armor at some point in this game I'm gonna rip my loving PS4 in half like a phone book

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

mikeraskol posted:

You're misinterpreting, I just don't know anyone that plays this game so assembling my own group is difficult. I thought it was pretty obviously implied that I would like to grab 2 others and do this thing.

I mean there are hundreds of goons playing this game right now that would be happy to take you into their fireteam and help you out. The op has links to our clans, discord, etc. Sorry if I sound snarky but it's really easy and there are lots of cool friendly people right here in this very forum.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol, got my pre-order coldheart then zavala dropped me one after the campaign.

Game was really loving good, now to climb the ladder of light. Got all of my subclasses before finishing too, so that was a good time too.

I did expect the bossfight to be a little harder, but still got that rush during it. Also lol at cum ghaul and goth traveler mutilating itself to show it can still feel.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Got one today. It takes 3 bursts to kill and it can outshoot a mida. It's real good. Just bad if you rely a lot on mobility but if you're posting up to watch and hold lanes RIP anyone who gets in your sights.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

AndrewP posted:

any leaks or rumors as to how much Xur's gear will cost?

I hope he takes Bright Dust because even after buying Book of the Dead for 800 and some stacks of one of the shaders I have 2600+ still because it's mainly what my Bright Engrams contain :negative:

Just gimme an Exotic ship and emote to go with the Sparrow, please.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Got a Hard Light today. Boy this thing is useful. No damage falloff at range, shots pierce/ricochet and you can set it to any of the three elemental types. Glad I got it before I try to run nightfall tomorrow.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

I hope he takes Bright Dust because even after buying Book of the Dead for 800 and some stacks of one of the shaders I have 2600+ still because it's mainly what my Bright Engrams contain :negative:

Just gimme an Exotic ship and emote to go with the Sparrow, please.

Exotic ship is poo poo. Same model as legendary, nothing special.

Exotic sparrow oth... dope rear end flame trail :whatup:

5thMouseButton
Jun 6, 2010
Indulge me for a minute while I'm here waiting for the PC release.

Can someone help me understand why, now that the game has been out 5 days, there are so few reviews available?

Is there a ton of content to chew through or some game mode that still needs to be released that critics are waiting for?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Are there any good looking Jumpship models? There's like only five and they all suck and all the variants are just paint jobs. At least in D1 they would swap out the wings or tape-on a missile launcher. I miss my Vic Viper Kestrel CXO so I could pretend I was playing Gradius during loading screens.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

mikeraskol posted:

I honestly thought that bungo might have gotten over this no-matchmaking nonsense but that was naive of me admittedly. Their excuses for not including it are bullshit, in D1 I would effectively matchmake myself using whatever that website was or play with goons. I played in a LOT of groups where at least one person didn’t have a headset so the whole “teamwork / coordination” excuse doesn’t fly. Was it frustrating on occasion? Sure. Would have been less frustrating to not have to use a 3rd party website to find randos though. They need to stop treating players like a bunch of babbys

I honestly feel like this was meant to make it look to the average player that nightfall was something they really had to work for. If they had matchmaking it would be over too quickly for most of the player base making it pointless

Linx fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Sep 11, 2017

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

5thMouseButton posted:

Indulge me for a minute while I'm here waiting for the PC release.

Can someone help me understand why, now that the game has been out 5 days, there are so few reviews available?

Is there a ton of content to chew through or some game mode that still needs to be released that critics are waiting for?

Both.
Reviews are normally done quite quickly - often the day of release or sometimes even before - because copies are sent out to the reviewers well in advance
A lot of reviewers got early copies but decided to try and retain some semblance of credibility by waiting until the live servers are up and reviewing based on their experiences on those. There's also a shitload of content that takes a solid week or so of some journo working 9 to 5. There's also some game modes that are yet to open up, such as trials of the nine, the leviathan raid, the clan features, the tower factions and guided games. There's also better understanding of formerly controversial issues coming to light and was vastly overstated because of wrong initial impressions (the bright engrams for silver thing)

Any review that's currently out shouldn't be taken seriously and has near zero credibility, even if it's gushingly positive.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mikeraskol posted:

You're in the same clan as me. I could totally help you out with the nightfall and can drag another of my friends with us if you want. That way everyone else in the clan can also get the sweet weekly bonus.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Aren't they adding sorta-matchmaking for nightfall with that "guided games" beta they're starting this week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Pretty sure it’s a gimped matchmaking where a clan can advertise a spot for one pubbie