Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I gotta get a lisence since mine is gonna expire soon, but I don't currently have any paperwork with my social on it

Changing my license to CO, the driver's license office wanted birth certificate, SS card, and two pieces of "official" mail (bills, VA appt poo poo, etc) as well as my old license. Didn't give a gently caress about my DD214 except to ask if I wanted "Veteran" put on my license.

The kicker is they gave me back my old license wrapped in a paper copy of my new one, because they don't have an ID machine on site like a lot of states. So I get to wait a few weeks for the drat thing to show up in the mail.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Changing my license to CO, the driver's license office wanted birth certificate, SS card, and two pieces of "official" mail (bills, VA appt poo poo, etc) as well as my old license. Didn't give a gently caress about my DD214 except to ask if I wanted "Veteran" put on my license.

The kicker is they gave me back my old license wrapped in a paper copy of my new one, because they don't have an ID machine on site like a lot of states. So I get to wait a few weeks for the drat thing to show up in the mail.

So they wouldn't take a dd214 as SS proof?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Heh. California is like 'oh you're a vet? cool. want a vet plate? ok pay $'

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

Washington, too

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Colorado DMV can gargle my balls, time to renew my Louisiana liCenSe through the mail

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 30, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
liCenSe

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

ded posted:

Florida has 2 vet plates. The Disabled vet plate which requires a 100% rating and is free, and one for any vet that costs like $30 and you need a dd214 for proof.

Its worth the $30 because it gets you out of tickets ALL THE loving TIME.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Vet plates own for that specific reason

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

In 2017, the military would be stupid not to advertise as a top perk of service:

-when you get out, cops hassle you less*

*relatively speaking / race dependent

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
For CA its $50(reg) or $78(personalized) and $40/yr renewal. And you can get a special decal.

https://www.calvet.ca.gov/VetServices/Pages/License-Plate-Logos-for-Cars-and-Trucks.aspx

Disabled vet is free, doesn't say what % disability you need on the fee page.

Hmm I might get one.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Zeris posted:

Vet plates own for that specific reason

We had this discussion in the Army thread a couple months back, but most of the vets I know have either a vet plate or a window sticker from every campaign ribbon they earned. Not because Oooorah bullshit, but because the cops either let them go or just give a warning.

I didn't think it worked until I got a vet plate and put a set of Air Force wings on my rear windshield.

It works.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

veteran license plate seems douchey but also free right so :shrug:

quarter pounder dude owns btw

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Kawasaki Nun posted:

So they wouldn't take a dd214 as SS proof?

They might, but I doubt it from the way they asked specifically for the SS card. And a DD214 won't carry any weight as citizenship, gotta be a birth certificate, passport or green card/papers.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Florida has specific campaign license plates that don't cost any extra but you have to show proof (dd214 will suffice if it list campaign medals). I have OIF plates on my vette, suv, and food truck.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
There's campaign plates and branch plates and all that poo poo here too, but none of them are free like the DV plate.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

veteran license plate seems douchey but also free right so :shrug:

you have a negative opinion about just about everything.

i remember you talking about how you were unhappy several months ago. i'm willing to bet you're doing a large part of it to yourself.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

uh 🤔

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Shut the gently caress up cole

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Buca di Bepis posted:

Shut the gently caress up cole

no

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Veterans license plates are awful and I'll never get them ever!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just don't think I've ever been outright blindsided from left field so hard, even in GIP 🤷‍♀️

kinda at a loss now idk

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I just don't think I've ever been outright blindsided from left field so hard, even in GIP 🤷‍♀️

remember when you said whatever about the tupac movie and i said "out of everyone in gip i would peg to have this opinion, you would be at the top of the list"

just saying dude, you seem to have a negative opinion about everything.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

TBeats posted:

tupac ain't dead

yeah that's all well and good let's just move on

forgot how good Run DMC was thanks to that movie. I remember Chronic 2001 being a huge loving deal, haven't listened in a while, still good?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 30, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yeah that's all well and good let's just move on

forgot how good Run DMC was thanks to that movie. I remember Chronic 2001 being a huge loving deal, haven't listened in a while, still good?

Dre's most recent album is better than the chronic 2k1 imo

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Dre's most recent album is better than the chronic 2k1 imo

Compton was a great album, but I can't get past how obvious it is that Kendrick wrote 90% of it. It's not a bad thing because Kendrick rules, but it's really noticeable.

Chronic 2k1 came out at a time when Dre could do no wrong to me and holds sentimental value.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Veterans license plates are awful and I'll never get them ever!

Ok. Cool. Good for you.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
and cole once again dons the headdress of Chief poo poo Stirrer for no good reason

you awkward motherfucker

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
when at the date says you are being a tard, you are being a tard

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

at the date posted:

and cole once again dons the headdress of Chief poo poo Stirrer for no good reason

you awkward motherfucker

well i had let it go and changed the subject but if you wanna keep stirring i think you know i'm game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Let's talk about how I'm in a gun store about to buy a .22 plinker because of y'alls posts

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
What kind are you picking up?

Also, post more Monty.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Let's talk about how I'm in a gun store about to buy a .22 plinker because of y'alls posts

Buy me some assault clips while you're at it please

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

There's campaign plates and branch plates and all that poo poo here too, but none of them are free like the DV plate.

Disabled vet plate gets you into Colorado state parks for free, but I just can't bring myself to get one. I'd rather pay $70 for an annual parks pass and not have everyone that drives behind me know I'm disabled. Once I'm old and wrinkled I'll be all over that poo poo though. That and an OIF hat.

Automedals dot com has some nice, small unit patches and other poo poo if you want to appreciate your own service without going for the car equivalent of wearing an ACU backpack.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Naked Bear posted:

What kind are you picking up?

lol actually decided on the ruger 10/22 takedown that was linked but I'm a dumb and said my address on my license wasn't current, car registration isn't either, so gotta go to AAA and update that before I can even start the 10 day countdown. I use my mom's address for all that poo poo since it's consistent

Let's me think about ordering the more expensive wooden stock variant

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/products/1022Takedown/models.html

It was $350 I think. Said wooden would probably be $75 more but they didn't have stock so he couldn't check.

There was a nice bolt action wooden one for $380, forgot the make. Probably wait until higher caliber before I do that, even though it can be fun

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 1, 2017

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
I just bought a glock 19, a glock 34, a tlr-1hl, two safariland holsters, 6 extra magazines, and a bunch those safariland quick locks so you can put your holster on different belts/molle/thigh rigs/etc.

because gently caress having money I guess 🤷🏻‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Anyone wanna buy my USP45, p2000 9mm, and like 4-5 holsters for each?

• Locked thread