Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LingcodKilla posted:

A greater diversity of classes took the bus before knowing how to drive was so prevalent.

You need to brush up on your history a bit.

Did that include the 19th century equivalent of the Koch brothers, or did that class of people hire a driver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Improbable Lobster posted:

Does anyone even use the term transvestite anymore? Outside of the Rocky Horror Picture Show?

My mother thought transvestites were transsexual until I explained it to her.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

We're nit talking about the comfortably wealthy, we're exclusively talking about a nebulous top tenth of 1% who bred racism in a lab or some poo poo. The argument he's making is that said mega-rich were writing these laws so that they could get those primo seats on the bus.

And that's ignoring that the laws didn't once mention poor whites taking the seats so the entire argument is bullshit even if we forget that card are a thing.

No, actually, we weren't. Comfortably wealthy were still incredibly richer than most at the time and car ownership was still pretty rare. But nice try though, if I was as dumb as you I might have also forgotten about history.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
And if I was dumb as you I'd probably also keep forgetting that poor whites took the seats at the front all the time, so even if we allowed you to expand the nebulous wealthy who were writing the laws, you still loving fail.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Fulchrum posted:

Did that include the 19th century equivalent of the Koch brothers, or did that class of people hire a driver?

Sigh.

Creating and encouraging racism is a way to create diversion in the lower classes of society so they dont notice the rich are loving them, rise up and eat them. How they encouraged it? Hiring politicians to pander to white population to fear the coloreds is a good start. It's cheaper to only control part of the population if they are willing to keep the other half in line due to some sort notion of superiority.

But you dont care about any of that and you just want to "win" an argument on the internet.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Fulchrum posted:

We're nit talking about the comfortably wealthy, we're exclusively talking about a nebulous top tenth of 1% who bred racism in a lab or some poo poo. The argument he's making is that said mega-rich were writing these laws so that they could get those primo seats on the bus.

And that's ignoring that the laws didn't once mention poor whites taking the seats so the entire argument is bullshit even if we forget that card are a thing.

"mega wealthy" was something like 'the 25%' back in ye olden times rather than 'the top 0.1%' like it is now; a "boss" typically made 4x what a worker did, nowadays it's 600x or more, so they were a huge voting block rather than 500 people

The bottom quintile of people were predominantly 'of color' so anything that says "black people can't X" overwhemingly attacked the poor, and if a few poor whites were caught in the crossfire (or reaped unexpected benefits like comfy bus seats) then they were casualties of war (or lucky). It then follows that laws which specifically benefited the rich/white also provided a direct benefit to the white/rich, and the rich minorities were statistical outliers. You can't keep 100% of the people down, but 90% is doable.

vvv fuckin laffo

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Mar 14, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Yeah sorry im late i just got back from the hospital... no im fine, i had to take fulchrum. uh-huh. yeaaaaah. like this:

So im talkin to fulchrum about this and that and i mention ive been riding the bus and he gets all excited and says "you know wha? I bought a car myself!" and i was like, whoa, i didn't know you drove? and he said "yeah bro yeah! i make drive!" and im thinking oh my god and he says "i was gonna wait till friday to take it out but if you wanna come over i can give you a sneak peak" and im thinking oh my god i gotta see this

so we walk over to his place and on the way im asking him about his car and all and he starts doing these unbefuckinglievable donuts, with like 5-second pauses between turns and his eyebrows all knit together like he cracking codes,

and im doing my best to look real serious while hes mean-muggin and FINALLY we get to his house and he goes in this garage and i hear all this thrashing around and im thinking, poo poo does he actually have boxes of parts back there, is he unpacking things, what's going on and finally i hear him yell "hey come give me a hand with this" so i go back there and he's got this... oh my god. this thing:

as far as i can tell its like a cardboard box, but covered in aluminum foil. and like theres all these holes in it, with car stickers... from everything man. cut-out sports cars from magazine ads taped in. in the holes. hundreds of them. and i realize he doesnt have boxes of parts, he MADE HIS OWN CAR, like, out of stuff. like he understands that cars are shiny and loud but beyond that... im not gonna try and figure this out man but just take my word for it, he was proud as poo poo of this thing

ok so it wasnt going to fit through the door, so he said he'd show it to me "on the track," which was this lovely room covered in foil scraps and tapewads and like vhs rewinding machines from 1994, and i said "but i can see it real good man" and he laughs and pulls out this frozen pizza and says "bro. you need to DRIVE it!" and then he gets this double-handed grip on the frozen pizza right, juts out his tongue and aims and spins it around. and he starts moving the pizza real slow and careful like in a turn, around the "block". and im thinking oh my god he actually thinks this will run somehow. he thinks hes gonna make donuts with that thing. and he starts moving the pizza faster and faster and gets this look, man, like this horror shock, like wile e. coyote trying to run in midair.

and i tell him--im about to bust a gut trying not to laugh at his arts-and-crafts cargo cult poo poo--i tell him real gentle "hey man youre an innovator. you made the car, you can make a way to drive it" and then i left and loving cracked up

but then that night like 12:30 am i get this call, from fulchrum number but hes not on the phone, i hear this wheezin, then finally i hear heebs real weak saying "bro... bro... the car... can't breathe" so i rush over there and hes, ok, hes in his bedroom, theres a huge hole in the ceiling, the ceiling fan is on top of the car, and the cars on top of fulchrum... he loving tried to duck tape his car to a ceiling fan so its wheels would spin. and it all fell on him and broke two ribs.

i couldnt keep myself from laughing... and hes laying there all covered in plaster wheezing at me all angry like "fuhhc hayooo bbro" and its makin me laugh even harder. i felt kinda bad for encouraging him but man... what was he thinking

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Here's a little historical reenactment.

Wealthy man: Muahahahah! I have done it, writing these laws to ensure the greatest prize of all - a seat near the front of the bus! You there, peasant, flee, for this seat is mine!

Poor man: but...but I'm white!

Wealthy man: Nooooo! Curses! Foiled once more by my own hubris! I failed to think that poor whites also existed, despite me writing all these laws just to trick them! I must return and amend these laws at once! Actually, I'll just stand, it's my stop next.

This has been another "History according to leftists".

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fulchrum posted:

Here's a little historical reenactment.

Wealthy man: Muahahahah! I have done it, writing these laws to ensure the greatest prize of all - a seat near the front of the bus! You there, peasant, flee, for this seat is mine!

Poor man: but...but I'm white!

Wealthy man: Nooooo! Curses! Foiled once more by my own hubris! I failed to think that poor whites also existed, despite me writing all these laws just to trick them! I must return and amend these laws at once! Actually, I'll just stand, it's my stop next.

You're dumb.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Or maybe making sure whites and blacks argue over things like who sits where it keeps the white people from noticing how loving poor they are and rising up against the rich people.

Just sayin.

Maybe.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Evilreaver posted:

"mega wealthy" was something like 'the 25%' back in ye olden times rather than 'the top 0.1%' like it is now; a "boss" typically made 4x what a worker did, nowadays it's 600x or more, so they were a huge voting block rather than 500 people

The bottom quintile of people were predominantly 'of color' so anything that says "black people can't X" overwhemingly attacked the poor, and if a few poor whites were caught in the crossfire (or reaped unexpected benefits like comfy bus seats) then they were casualties of war (or lucky). It then follows that laws which specifically benefited the rich/white also provided a direct benefit to the white/rich, and the rich minorities were statistical outliers. You can't keep 100% of the people down, but 90% is doable.

So what you mean is that these laws were in every possible sense of the word indistinguishable from if a bunch of hateful racist mother fuckers drafted up laws just to screw over African Americans, and class doesn't enter into it. They did not accept black people who became wealthy, look at the Tulsa riots.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fulchrum posted:

I cant tell what you are trying to communicate anymore.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Spoeank posted:

Or maybe making sure whites and blacks argue over things like who sits where it keeps the white people from noticing how loving poor they are and rising up against the rich people.

Just sayin.

Maybe.

Oh no, it's definitely the poor forcing those weak and timid rich to be racist

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Spoeank posted:

Just sayin.

Maybe.

It's amazing how making sure they fight is for all intents and purposes the same exact thing as doing nothing. Almost as if racism doesn't magically disappear without a corporate Overlord ensuring that it continues.

It's also amazing how they managed to get whites to care so very very much about where black people sit on the bus, just as they were all about to achieve class consciousness. Almost as if these fuckers were always going to be racist pieces of poo poo and the rich didn't brainwash them into doing it.

Just sayin.

Maybe.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 14, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

So what you mean is that these laws were in every possible sense of the word indistinguishable from if a bunch of hateful racist mother fuckers drafted up laws just to screw over African Americans, and class doesn't enter into it. They did not accept black people who became wealthy, look at the Tulsa riots.

Racism is 100% a class issue you dumb motherfucker. How loving ignorant are you that you think that class isn't related to racism?

LingcodKilla posted:

I cant tell what you are trying to communicate anymore.

The only thing he's been consistent on is sucking as many wealthy dicks as possible while actively making GBS threads on poor people.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The only thing he's been consistent on is sucking as many wealthy dicks as possible while actively making GBS threads on poor people.

Now that's just good business!

Besides the mega-rich cant be racist. They are willing to gently caress anyone!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Racism is 100% a class issue you dumb motherfucker.

I don't think you said this quite obnoxiously enough. Maybe you can try screaming it through a bullhorn at a civil rights legend.

Also, I like how you just flat out ignored Tulsa. loving shocking, black people not being poor didn't make southerners love them. It's almost like it's not a class issue you racist freak.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 14, 2017

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

deak

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

I don't think you said this quite obnoxiously enough. Maybe you can try screaming it through a bullhorn at a civil rights legend.

"In a sense, you could say were involved in the class struggle." - Martin Luther King Jr, 1968

"The evils of capitalism are as real as the evils of militarism and evils of racism." - Martin Luther King Jr, 1967

"Now our struggle is for genuine equality, which means economic equality. For we know now, that it isn't enough to integrate lunch counters. What does it profit a man to be able to eat at an integrated lunch counter if he doesn't have enough money to buy a hamburger? What does it profit a man to be able to eat at the swankest integrated restaurant when he doesn't even earn enough money to take his wife out to dine? What does it profit one to have access to the hotels of our cities, and the hotels of our highways, when we don't earn enough money to take our family on a vacation? What does it profit one to be able to attend an integrated school, when he doesn't earn enough money to buy his children school clothes?" - Martin Luther King Jr, 1968

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

here's a little historical reenactment for ya

fulchrum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7NbRFyg3Y

me: no

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
And right on cue, saying Dr. King totally would have sided with me, no really, ignore all the things he said that don't align with my views.

I was referring to the civil rights legend still with us, John Lewis, who can and does speak for himself. Gee, how did white leftists react to him again?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 14, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

Also, I like how you just flat out ignored Tulsa. loving shocking, black people not being poor didn't make southerners love them. It's almost like it's not a class issue you racist freak.

Black people were in the "wrong" class by having wealth, therefore whites retaliated to put them "back in their place"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Black people were in the "wrong" class by having wealth, therefore whites retaliated to put them "back in their place"

Almost as if there was something inherent to black people, that transcended class, almost if the issue was not classim, but some kind of race related issue. Some form of race- ism, if you will.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 14, 2017

Shibby0709
Oct 30, 2011

one fat looking fat guy
Why has this discussion been going on for two pages? Y'all are obviously just talking past one another.

Somebody please post a bad and stupid political cartoon, instead.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Fulchrum:

What do you have to gain from continuing? Everyone in this thread is either laughing at your utter stupidity and incredibly fragile ego, or scrolling rapidly past your vapid, worthless posts. You are nothing more than angry white noise at this point, with no point to make or defend that you will not reverse the second you see a potential win. Your aimless spluttering is quickly becoming something honestly sad to witness. You remind me of myself at 14 doubling down on stuff I knew was wrong because I didn't want the shame of giving up.

If you are older than 14, then please act like it.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Why does anyone even engage "Can't believe the RAM" Deak anymore.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fulchrum posted:

Almost as if there was something inherent to black people, that transcended class, almost if the issue was not classim, but some kind of race related issue. Some form of race- ism, if you will.

Racism is a class issue, like I have been saying this entire time. Christs sake dude, this is pathetic.

Here's some Politcal PBF to make up for my dumb rear end contributing to this derail. (http://politicalpbf.tumblr.com/)

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Shibby0709 posted:

It's okay, I got this.

Isiah posted:

Okay, who else had a shoe tossed at them?

Bully Boy Bush.

So how did this not register to the honchos at the Democratic Party that Hillary had a likeability problem?

Exactly how did they miss that?

Okay, maybe I don't got this. :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shibby0709 posted:

Here's Ted Rall explaining how Aghani Officials were super-impressed by how real he is:

I'm sorry, I'm so, so sorry.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Somfin posted:

Fulchrum:

What do you have to gain from continuing? Everyone in this thread is either laughing at your utter stupidity and incredibly fragile ego, or scrolling rapidly past your vapid, worthless posts. You are nothing more than angry white noise at this point, with no point to make or defend that you will not reverse the second you see a potential win. Your aimless spluttering is quickly becoming something honestly sad to witness. You remind me of myself at 14 doubling down on stuff I knew was wrong because I didn't want the shame of giving up.

If you are older than 14, then please act like it.

Generally seeing if any of you will stop defending the KKK as poor misguided victims of the rich. I feel pretty comfortable being opposed to that.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Racism is a class issue, like I have been saying this entire time. Christs sake dude, this is pathetic.

You just. loving. Admitted. It transcended class. If I have to read your lovely posts you should too.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 14, 2017

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Fulchrum have you considered maybe you should change something about your posting before you hit page 3 of probations

You get probated more than once a month

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
A lot of the people arguing with Fulchrum are coming off as defending racists, at least to me. I don't think racists, just because they happen to be poor, will suddenly become "woke" or some poo poo if we just tell them that it's really the rich people loving them over, they don't give a poo poo about who is loving them, they care about having someone else to gently caress over.

Also acting like poor racists can't figure out this poo poo themselves is loving stupid, they know drat well what is going on, they aren't driven by any sense of justice, they are driven by spite and treating them all like mental midgets only gives them more justification to gently caress over anyone a little different than themselves.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
this morning it was arguing about communism being fascist, now its about racists, curious how that conversation evolved huh

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

I gotta admit, having the "TEA" be correct was clever, if it was intentional.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dancing baby didn't age well.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

It's nice that Trump's so bad that not even loving McCoy is drinking the Trumpaid all the way (even though it's for the wrong political reasons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sir Tonk posted:

I don't know how old Fish is, but Rall is old enough to remember when "The Parties Are The Same!" was mostly true and neither of them can be bothered to notice that poo poo ain't true no more.
I was still taught that during my Poli-Sci B.A, circa 2010.

• Locked thread