Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Unclepenny, REAL TALK: your homeboy clearly has a mental illness and/or thought disorder and you need to get him to go to genuine help

Note: genuine help does not include The Adam Carolla Podcast

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
If I can't have Adam, nobody can!

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Just in case anyone had lingering doubts of narcissistic personality disorder, I guess. Thanks for clearing that up, gio.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

He's insane, he's posting this everywhere for some reason.

http://dimeforscale.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=24336&start=45#p640512

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

He feels persecuted and narcissists hate feeling persecuted, so he's flipping his poo poo because people will reaffirm that they don't hate him. Giovanni literally is incapable of working through those kinds of feelings by himself, so he has to do this kind of thing to regulate his emotions.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

EnsGDT posted:

Quick poll on which was scarier for Adam and Dr. Drew: Any time Pennywise was on the show, or every interaction with Giovanni?

Someone please tweet this to Dr Drew and Adam.

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

WEH posted:

He feels persecuted and narcissists hate feeling persecuted, so he's flipping his poo poo because people will reaffirm that they don't hate him. Giovanni literally is incapable of working through those kinds of feelings by himself, so he has to do this kind of thing to regulate his emotions.

I wonder what he'd score on that narcissism questionnaire that Adam always yelled at Drew for giving to the guests right when they were coming back from break. I bet he would score "total nutbar," because holy poo poo. I used to think he just took himself and Loveline a little too seriously but now he seems genuinely mentally unbalanced.

What set all this off? Just complaints about his intros or whatever on iTunes?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

CaptainViolence posted:

I wonder what he'd score on that narcissism questionnaire that Adam always yelled at Drew for giving to the guests right when they were coming back from break. I bet he would score "total nutbar," because holy poo poo. I used to think he just took himself and Loveline a little too seriously but now he seems genuinely mentally unbalanced.

What set all this off? Just complaints about his intros or whatever on iTunes?

Two people said a thing at him on twitter (one of which only seems to have made a single passing remark to giovanni and has nothing to do with anything), and he took a screenshot of the review I left on iTunes in the next page of that thread. As far as I know, mine is the only negative review on the site.

He is projecting really severely, especially evident on the next page where he literally claims a tweet he made was in fact made by the loveline stream guy.

I don't think he has any real away on the podcast one effort, seeing as he wasn't involved with it until recently, so I imagine he's feeling inadequate on top of everything else (another thing narcissists cannot stand).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Hey unclepenny, dude, sorry about your colleague there. I know how it is when you are forced to be nice to people you work with to make your life easier. Just stay safe and don't meet him in person.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

WEH posted:

Two people said a thing at him on twitter (one of which only seems to have made a single passing remark to giovanni and has nothing to do with anything), and he took a screenshot of the review I left on iTunes in the next page of that thread. As far as I know, mine is the only negative review on the site.

He is projecting really severely, especially evident on the next page where he literally claims a tweet he made was in fact made by the loveline stream guy.

I don't think he has any real away on the podcast one effort, seeing as he wasn't involved with it until recently, so I imagine he's feeling inadequate on top of everything else (another thing narcissists cannot stand).

I called him a turd and he flipped out. He thinks I'm Phil from the Phil's Loveline stream and that I'm writing the negative reviews on the podcast (WHICH ISN'T EVEN HIS!) and has form letters to send to Apple ready to go for the bad reviews.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Can't we email Adam and Drew or someone at his network, or call their podcasts and tell them what a psycho Giovanni is? I really think they should be hiring security with that guy around. They hired security in the late 90's or early 2000's when they had a stalker. This is even worse because the stalker is IN THE STUDIO WITH THEM.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Isn't he the guy that was going to make loveline archive dvd's to sell?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Harminoff posted:

Isn't he the guy that was going to make loveline archive dvd's to sell?

Yes.

http://giopodcast.com/prototype/

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I listened to Gio's latest podcast (which is 6 hours long) and it's terrifying.

He started of the show about how he was buying a sandwhich and some chick was maybe hitting on him. He didn't say anything obviously or approach her. They then move on to talking about how they have sock puppet accounts for reviewing on iTunes and how he's bitching to iTunes to get them to remove every review that's not a 5 star, even one that was a 4 star. He's also talking about being super paranoid about people saying he sucks for the intro.

Then he goes into this discussion about how they can't "fire him" from the intros because he says he'll release all the files out somehow. He says he "cornered them through pressure" to make Westwood One release their files. It's all very surreal.

He just his tirade on the lovelinetapes.com message board.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

FCKGW posted:

(which is 6 hours long)

What.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Seriously. He pays an entire episode of the Adam Carolla morning show then talks to some dude from a forum for 3 more hours, mainly about himself.

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006
Proves that Drew is just a love doctor.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

FCKGW posted:

I listened to Gio's latest podcast (which is 6 hours long) and it's terrifying.

He started of the show about how he was buying a sandwhich and some chick was maybe hitting on him. He didn't say anything obviously or approach her. They then move on to talking about how they have sock puppet accounts for reviewing on iTunes and how he's bitching to iTunes to get them to remove every review that's not a 5 star, even one that was a 4 star. He's also talking about being super paranoid about people saying he sucks for the intro.

Then he goes into this discussion about how they can't "fire him" from the intros because he says he'll release all the files out somehow. He says he "cornered them through pressure" to make Westwood One release their files. It's all very surreal.

He just his tirade on the lovelinetapes.com message board.

No disrespect, but... why would you listen to that?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Looking at the dates, I'm amused that the entire review meltdown seems to have started the same day I posted my negative review, unless I'm missing something. I presume (and hope) that there were other less than polite bad reviews around before that ended up being deleted, and that's what made him snap.

WEH fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Mar 26, 2013

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

Daaaaaaamn. Unclepenny, you were always cool to me on lovelinetapes.com, so stay safe because Giovanni sounds like he has some really serious issues and it would suck for you to get caught up in it when he goes postal.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

vote_no posted:

No disrespect, but... why would you listen to that?

I was genuinely curious if he added any value to the show with his podcast. I got about 10 minutes into his segment and I had to turn it off.

WEH, it was your single negative review on iTunes he was talking about and blamed on me as some sort of conspiracy.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

FCKGW posted:

Giovanni thinks I'm Phil and own a yacht for some reason.

http://www.lovelinetapes.com/messages/

unclepenny can you please tell Giovanni I'm not Phil and he's sorely mistaken. I've posted my history for your last time you came in.

He deleted the message.

Edit:

FCKGW posted:

He's insane, he's posting this everywhere for some reason.

http://dimeforscale.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=82&t=24336&start=45#p640512

"The funniest part, the Real TV's frank, Frank Coniff, T's pal, follows me on twitter, keep sniffing little boy."

:psyduck: What does this have to do with anything? I kind of want to tell Frank to stop following him.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 26, 2013

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Jubs posted:

"The funniest part, the Real TV's frank, Frank Coniff, T's pal, follows me on twitter, keep sniffing little boy."

:psyduck: What does this have to do with anything? I kind of want to tell Frank to stop following him.

I think my review name is TV's Frank or something like that on itunes, and he appears to have cropped out that distinctly relevant bit of information. "T's pal" is beyond me, however, as is "keep sniffing."

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

Jubs posted:

Hell, I have both Frank Conniff and Trace Beaulieu (Dr Forrester/Crow) following me, and I'm not notable for poo poo.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

Spergerfan Giovanni posted:

The other thing I was told "I don't want to see any fan bitching or drama or whining" I'm supposed to wrangle you guys and get you to play ball, you shot yourselves in the foot, you already made m stop caring a long time ago, just going through the motions.

Uh, good job on that.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Giovanni should really read The Mirror Effect since he's a classic narcissist.

What does/did he do for a living? He's probably been "that guy" at every place he's ever worked.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

So listening to a lot of the episodes from 1996 and how energetic Carolla sounded back then, I thought it'd be interesting to cobble together a medley of him doing one of his least favorite things, taking calls from listeners. Originally I wanted to put about 20 of these into a clip, but it's really time consuming, so I just did a quick hack job with one each from 1996, 2000 and 2005.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzxpO2yDUY

Another fun thing to do would be to compare clips of Drew and Adam. The 1996 episodes have made me realize how dry and no-nonsense Drew was back then, it took him a long time to become more of a personality on air and start actually making his one joke a year, while Adam started off running but tapered off pretty quickly on the energy. There's gotta be a point, probably around 2000, where their levels of enthusiasm intersect.

RightClickSaveAs fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 1, 2013

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009
Anyone hear Drew's last podcast with "Tan Mom"? It's like a bad Loveline call drawn on for an hour :psyduck:

Instrumedley fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 5, 2013

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Instrumedley posted:

Anyone hear Drew's last podcast with "Tan Mom"? It's like a bad Loveline call drawn on for an hour :psyduck:

If this was Adam-era, they would have hung up the phone on her 30 seconds in.

You could tell that Drew was frustrated with her.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

I was pissed at Drew more than anything. The poor woman clearly had (absolutely understandable) cognitive issues and couldn't track at all, and then Drew kept pushing her way too far to the point that she cried. It felt like he was using her to make some stupid point, but lacked the finesse to pull it off so it just came off as awkward and distasteful. He probably should've just said something like “yeah celebrities can be blowhards but there are scenarios where you should just let it slide because holy poo poo did you hear what this person went through?” at the start of a show and left it at that.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Brekelefuw posted:

She was on his talk show once and it was an absolute disaster. It starts with her rambling incoherently about how she is not on drugs, despite being obviously intoxicated. She then interrupts her interview on national television to take a cell phone call. I can't believe he brought her on another show after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a3qobYPr5w

NewtGoongrich
Jan 21, 2012
I am a shit stain on the face of humanity, I have no compassion, only hatred, bile and lust.

PROUD SHIT STAIN
I just listened to half of the "Tan Mom" podcast and holy poo poo. What is Dr. Drew thinking? Her stories reeked of bullshit and the entire time Dr. Drew was trying to make some sort of point, but she couldn't give a straight answer to any question. That was probably the most distasteful segment I've ever heard Dr. Drew do.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
In a 1997 (I think) segment I listened to a few months ago, there's a great moment where Drew and Adam complain about the types of shows they were getting invited to at that time, right as their national celebrity was taking off. All these talk shows were calling and saying "we want you to come on and address some serious issues," but when they get there all they want to do is TMZ-out avout the celebrity of the day. Drew in particular finds this revolting, and resolves never to become someone who does that kind of buisness.

Yeah...

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

little munchkin posted:

She was on his talk show once and it was an absolute disaster. It starts with her rambling incoherently about how she is not on drugs, despite being obviously intoxicated. She then interrupts her interview on national television to take a cell phone call. I can't believe he brought her on another show after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a3qobYPr5w

Wow, the skull fracture thing makes so much sense to me. I'm certainly not a medical doctor, but brain damage is a great explanation for pretty much anything insane a person could do and she just gave plenty of evidence for it. I can't even really enjoy the schadenfreude of her crazy life because she really does seem to have absolutely no control over it.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Has anyone been brave enough to stomach the Dr Drew podcast episode with Giovanni?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Just did yesterday. Dude is hosed up

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

It certainly put things in perspective, and he barely whined about fans other than himself until the end, where he lied about the streamers stealing money. I didn't think it was nearly as bad as the tan mom episode.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Riptor posted:

Just did yesterday. Dude is hosed up

I'm only 15 minutes into the podcast and I'm just like :stonk:

"We operate in a piracy grey area, but those other guys are scam artists!" gg Gio.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 9, 2013

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

FCKGW posted:

I'm only 15 minutes into the podcast and I'm just like :stonk:

"We operate in a piracy grey area, but those other guys are scam artists!" gg Gio.
You should try to get ahold of Drew on twitter or wherever, he mentioned he'd be interested in talking to people like you who got their sites shut down. It'd be good for him to get the real story, it sounded like he had no idea about all the fan sites and what was going on with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

You should try to get ahold of Drew on twitter or wherever, he mentioned he'd be interested in talking to people like you who got their sites shut down. It'd be good for him to get the real story, it sounded like he had no idea about all the fan sites and what was going on with them.

A million times yes

edit: Listening to the Giovanni ep of Drew's show. Pretty sure he just tried to take credit for selling commentaries over itunes. I guess if he just means the over iTunes part...because the other part is called Rifftrax.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 10, 2013

• Locked thread