Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TheRealestMatt posted:

Yeah, I've been pushing for a Sub-Zero LP. No one wants to do it.

Also, tonight is JP Genesis. And honestly, it's aged very, very poorly. Control is awful, level layouts are confusing, it's hard to see anything, and overall, it's not very fun. It's a shame, because it's one of the few Genesis 3rd party games I saw growing up that looked cool.

A shame, but expected. I'm definitely looking forward to the "let's freak the gently caress out about squids" video, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Podcast curse part 3: Chris Avellone left obsidian.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

As someone who hates MMOs and won't play FF14, the ongoing story of the stormitorium's redecoration is oddly compelling.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

As someone who hates MMOs and won't play FF14, the ongoing story of the stormitorium's redecoration is oddly compelling.

We really need screenshots of Pat's private room

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rodyle posted:

In my guild we have a very similar situation. There's been an ongoing decoration war between four people. Never anything drastic like 'lol I took all the furniture out gently caress you guys', just four different people who have different ideas of what looks nice constantly trying to slip their own little design choices in without being caught. It's a home decorating cold war that could tear us apart. This is a shockingly common situation in FFXIV

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Listening to the latest podcast.

Holy poo poo, does Liam have a mental thing where he takes everything to heart, or does he just enjoy being the confrontational rear end in a top hat in every discussion/argument he's part of? Like, the dude needs to let poo poo slide once in a while when Pat says stuff about playing Souls games with a community at your side or when he says FF11 has gigantic issues with dungeon groups. He has some good arguments once in a while, but there is no siding with him when he starts bitching and moaning about "What, my opinion is wrong now?" Calm the hell down, son, and stop saying "pedantic" like it's some sort of argument closer.

Liam's funny as poo poo when he snipes it, but goddamn I can see why Pat argues like gently caress with him mostly off-podcast. I mainly bring this up because it takes all three of the others to talk him down every single time.

e: Hope nobody takes this to mean I want the guy out or anything, just I super get why Pat is the one to argue with him all the time now.

pulp rag fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 9, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

pulp rag posted:

Listening to the latest podcast.

Holy poo poo, does Liam have a mental thing where he takes everything to heart, or does he just enjoy being the confrontational rear end in a top hat in every discussion/argument he's part of? Like, the dude needs to let poo poo slide once in a while when Pat says stuff about playing Souls games with a community at your side or when he says FF11 has gigantic issues with dungeon groups. He has some good arguments once in a while, but there is no siding with him when he starts bitching and moaning about "What, my opinion is wrong now?" Calm the hell down, son, and stop saying "pedantic" like it's some sort of argument closer.

Liam's funny as poo poo when he snipes it, but goddamn I can see why Pat argues like gently caress with him mostly off-podcast. I mainly bring this up because it takes all three of the others to talk him down every single time.

Liam cannot and will not miss the chance to argue with Pat or take up the mantle of Devil's advocate for any of the dumb poo poo hte other Zaibatsu members talk about. I think it might be in his contract. I love him for it because sometimes it gets good conversations to happen and sometimes it lets the others explain their stances a bit more clearly but it can get a bit exhausting to listen too.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
maybe Liam is trying really hard not to turn into the jaded video game man that encompasses most video game enthusiasts including myself

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm a couple weeks behind in the podcasts, but in the one I'm listening to now Liam said a guy on neogaf said something approving of mobile game design that Liam doesn't like so that guy should kill himself. So that was weird.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Podcast Curse PART FOUR: Dark Souls 3 announced.

Edit: PART FIVE, MAYBE? Punisher cast for Daredevil Season 2.

Genetic Toaster fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 9, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm a couple weeks behind in the podcasts, but in the one I'm listening to now Liam said a guy on neogaf said something approving of mobile game design that Liam doesn't like so that guy should kill himself. So that was weird.
Yeah that's one of the stupider things he's said in a long time

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah that's one of the stupider things he's said in a long time

Is that the one guy who made a game about drugs/weed and Liam got very vocal about how you can't make an artistic statement about drugs ever because drugs?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Are they still waffling on a PC release for that?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Is that the one guy who made a game about drugs/weed and Liam got very vocal about how you can't make an artistic statement about drugs ever because drugs?

Yup, but whatever artistic statement Senran Kagura makes is perfectly valid. loving Liam, I'd like him a lot more if he was at all consistent in his weird views.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Liam's just young.

He actually told me that he prefers the Mega Man Battle Network series over X.

So yeah.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

TheRealestMatt posted:

Liam's just young.

So yeah.

the Battle Network series are good games.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

OneDeadman posted:

the Battle Network series are good games.

Garbage compared to even just MMX 1 by itself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nah. MMBN 2 is an outstanding game. But an argument about this is pointless.

It's like trying to compare Mario world vs chrono trigger.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

This is an apple and oranges discussion, but come on. Mega Man X is loving amazing and I'll go to bat for the first four entries in that series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wasn't disputing that at all, x is perhaps the perfect platformer.

MMBN is an rpg. Comparing them is dumb

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I believe that was from the Konami mobile thread on gaf and it was a wasteland of terrible opinions. But god knows which one he meant specifically.

Also he was kidding you rubes. Senran Kagura was an inside job. Liam is essentially the Andy Kaufman of the Best Friends. Matt's the face. Pat's the heel. And Woolie... Is the Woolie.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

I can get behind this.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

A good poster posted:

Are they still waffling on a PC release for that?

According to this, it seems more definite:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/dark-souls-3-art-confirms-early-2016-release

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

X vs BN is indeed perfect since Zero 3 is the best Megaman game.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

That's my position in that argument too, both are really fuckin' good and really fuckin' different.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TheRealestMatt posted:

Liam's just young.

So yeah.

Liam is a nice boy but I worry about him.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Liam's just young.

So yeah.

To be fair, BN6 is a loving amazing game and one of the best action games that came out in that era. The rest are skippable, bland okay stuff and some of them are abysmal.

Which honestly is true of every Mega Man sub franchise except Legends, that beautiful perfect hope child it was. I mean for every Mega Man X 2 there's the entirety of the PS1-2 era. Christ, Mega Man X5 and the stupid armor system and saving reploids from the NIGHTMARE VIRUS and fighting Ghost Zero to somehow revive him.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 10, 2015

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I kind of really like X6, but that's mostly because I enjoy how spiteful the final stages of it are with the level design just being SPIKES SPIKES EVERYWHERE. WE GOT SPIKE WALLS, SPIKE FLOORS, AND SPIKED CEILINGS.

also the fact that one of the stages theme is literally The Final Countdown.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Mega Man X and X2 are two of the greatest sidescrollers/platformers/Two Dimensional Video Games in history.

I played a Battle Network game once and I quit halfway through because it bored me to tears.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man you're real dumb

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

But he's real right.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The only thing that kept me from finishing Battle Network is that the main character walks so god drat unbelievably slow. Apparently future games fixed this by adding a run button? Maybe the first one had one too and I don't remember.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Man you're real dumb

He's right though.

If he played 4

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To be fair, BN6 is a loving amazing game and one of the best action games that came out in that era. The rest are skippable, bland okay stuff and some of them are abysmal.

Which honestly is true of every Mega Man sub franchise except Legends, that beautiful perfect hope child it was. I mean for every Mega Man X 2 there's the entirety of the PS1-2 era. Christ, Mega Man X5 and the stupid armor system and saving reploids from the NIGHTMARE VIRUS and fighting Ghost Zero to somehow revive him.

Man, don't talk poo poo about X4, X4 is legit. :smith:

BN2 is legit too, but I might think that because it was the first BN game I played. Also, Legends 1 didn't age great either.

I completely understand getting bored with MMBN too, it's a JRPG with all the negatives the genre entails and quite a few of the dungeons are tedious, dumb and badly designed. But it tickles that part of my brain that likes deck-building, finding abusable bullshit and playing SHMUPs, plus it has crazy amounts of endgame content.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

The only thing that kept me from finishing Battle Network is that the main character walks so god drat unbelievably slow. Apparently future games fixed this by adding a run button? Maybe the first one had one too and I don't remember.

I wanna say you can run in MMBN1 by holding down B.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

But he's real right.
What part of apples and oranges is so hard to understand, mister skullhead?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

I wanna say you can run in MMBN1 by holding down B.

gently caress

edit: Battle Network is pretty good though, I liked the unique combat. It was a good combination of turn based and not turn based for an RPG.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CJacobs posted:

gently caress

edit: Battle Network is pretty good though, I liked the unique combat. It was a good combination of turn based and not turn based for an RPG.

that smrpg lp doesn't look so dumb now eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

BN 2 and 3 are better than the entire classic series. Not X or Zero though.