Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

jesus christ

"windows 10 is free for basically everybody! please use it oh god please i'll do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

carry on then posted:

lol this stream is freezing hardcore gj ms

can barely get through 20 seconds at a time now , at least apple has the excuse people are actually watching theirs

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

here we go, windows as a service.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

waas?

also lmao, xbox games long ago as run on windows, shitters are just getting money from idiots. pre-release xbox one demos stands with playable games were windows 7 machines

also their stream is pos, watchable on level of russian dota stream over dialup

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
I look forward to paying monthly fees for using windows. Of course that is just base windows. Extra $5 for each additional feature you want to use. Please provide your credit card information.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

duTrieux. posted:

jesus christ

"windows 10 is free for basically everybody! please use it oh god please i'll do anything

That screen says free for first year(!)

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

duTrieux. posted:

here we go, windows as a service.

free to "upgrade" but with an annual fee? lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

upgrade from winpho 8.1

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
Internet of things

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Pinterest Mom posted:

upgrade from winpho 8.1

*on supported hardware

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

lol this is so fake, no one would use the surface kb

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

on behalf of every enterprise customer, windows as a service entertains me because

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

no stock price uptick on 'windows as a service'

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kirk posted:

"hmmm yes, this seems acceptable after having used an actually good keyboard which is 2 feet to the right of this one"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kirk posted:

serious speaking, keyboard cover is best part about whole surface "product" line
still not legit with proper keyboard next to it lol

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

Windows 10 only $99/year

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."
lol still don't have a new icon for the recycle bin

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

holy gently caress does this ever look crowded

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

This dude is so ugly

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

kalstrams posted:

serious speaking, keyboard cover is best part about whole surface "product" line

not sure if youre just a moron but the surface kb cover is a piece of poo poo, its not fun to type on and the trackpad is absolute garbage, it is bad at doing its job

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

univbee posted:

lol qirex c'mere

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Kirk posted:

not sure if youre just a moron but the surface kb cover is a piece of poo poo, its not fun to type on and the trackpad is absolute garbage, it is bad at doing its job
yes, it still is better than any other surface accessory from microsoft or tablets themselves

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

What about the overhauled Windows Media Center

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
"One can think of Windows as one of the largest internet services on the planet," says Myerson about the future of Windows.

ahaha at last

they finally said it

~windows as a service~

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

start menu still hitler, only not fullscreen

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

univbee posted:

l o l

has anyone said windows dix yet

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"elegantly transforms" - yes, that fullscreen app now runs in a window that takes up 80% of your screen, can't interact with your desktop in any way and has a completely different UI

transforming

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tablet mode with full-screen only apps, #whoah, #mindblown
it was like 50% empty white space on screen jfc

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

graph posted:

has anyone said windows dix yet

i have at my workplace, but unfortunately while actually speaking french so i didn't notice the joke :quebec:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
rofl even the text in the search bar was designed by a committee

or, you know it could just be "search"

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Highly powerful tablet, 5 seconds to rotate screen.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

continuum mode probably cost them tens of millions in development dollars

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"elegantly transforms"

*all windows snap to maximized without any animation or other indication of what actually happened*

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
lol they switched over to a Gnome screenshot

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

MrMoo posted:

Highly powerful tablet, 5 seconds to rotate screen.
maybe that takes a lot of battery power

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

oh god no a cortana 'funny' demo

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Kirk posted:

lol they switched over to a Gnome screenshot

im the whitespace

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

aaaah this is so stilted and fake

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

STOP STOP STOP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

the silence from the audience is deafening

• Locked thread