Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Since yesterday was such a awful day re: politics, I'm voting for Kaep people because their votes enabled all this madness.

Edit: more evidence

Anthem protests led poll of reasons viewers tuned out

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Kaep people because I can live my life without ever hearing or hearing about Jason Whitlock except, apparently, on SA while the Kaep people were impossible to avoid.

hepcat
Jan 21, 2004
"Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos..."
Whitlock.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Magnetic North posted:

I think this has to win out because of the grotesque way that the NFL has wrapped itself in militaristic patriotism. They are basically saying:

"Are you questioning whether this dangerous sport played by comparatively underpaid young men is worth their lifelong injuries just so you can feel a twinge of your excitement in your twisted, selfish, cholesterol-encrusted heart? After pretending to listen while sitting in church and making sure people see that you put a 5 in the collection plate, are you feeling guilty about how these men get their brains liquefied just so you can feel some camaraderie with other like-minded local boobs without the actual trouble of actually getting to know them or exposing yourself for the shallow uninteresting dullard you truly are?

Don't worry your empty little head over it. We can alleviate that guilt with a handy distraction. Now, being the vapid, fruitless cultural wasteland that America is today, we are aware that there is so little remaining of value that has not already been strip mined and paved over. Fortunately for us, we lack the necessary shred of human decency to consider anything sacrosanct, so please join us in desecrating one of the last few unselfish noble goods left to our soulless, nihilistic collective: voluntary military service. Why yes, the sacrifice of these athlete's golden years is just like the noble sacrifice of the men and women who die young because they believed in something greater than themselves. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh, and in exchange for all that we've done for you, would you occasionally mind channeling this energy into social roadblocks to things that challenge the status quo? Thanks, you're a doll."

And the Kaep People basically say, "Yup."

:hellyeah:

There are many people who are saying a vote for Jason Whitlock is a vote for Kaep People because he is a Kaep Person. To you I say, that is the equivalent of saying that you are against Colin Kaepernick because he hates America. By not voting for Kaep People, you will have become the thing that you hate.

This is the only year we will be able to vote in the populace of douchebags that are the Kaep People, because the NFL has ensured that Kaep will not have NFL relevance in the future. Whitlock will assuredly have a future in the douchebag hall of fame.

There is only one clear winner for voters who value the integrity of this competition and that is a vote for Kaep People.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We'll run out the clock on this one (because I'm busy right now) but Whitlock currently has a big lead, 38-17.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Jason Whitlock is human garbage.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I love scoring this thing, the dividing line between "giving a reason" and "not giving a reason" can be sooo thin.

"gently caress Jason Whitlock": one point. That is not a reason, that is a directive.
"Jason Whilock sucks": three points. You are providing a rationale for voting for him that is not explicitly outside the bounds of the douchebag criteria.

The Juggernaut
Nov 29, 2005

Kaep People because of the reaction to the recent poll about 3% being bothered about the protests and it being used to shame Kaep more.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Kaep People have made a mountain out of a molehill and actively misconstrue the actions of a man to avoid having to properly engage the discussion he was trying to start. gently caress Whitlock, but gently caress Kaep People harder.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kaep People Because I'm a Seahawks fan living in the Bay Area, and those people made me feel bad for a loving 49er.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright nice surge there at the end but nevertheless Jason Whitlock wins, 41-26.

And here is your semifinals bracket!

It's getting down to it now, huh?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK, for your first semifinals matchup:

Tom Brady vs. Clay Travis

source

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Clay Travis

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Clay Travis

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

iospace posted:

Clay Travis

To expand on this. Tom Brady is a douche, yes, but he's a garden variety douche. You know, that trust fund frat bro that has mommy and daddy pay for everything he wants and always gets his way (except a couple times where some bumbling nerd owns him).

Clay Travis is a vile piece of poo poo who would mock someone for honoring his grandmother.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this was probably already used but clay travis for making fun of the doctor who got dragged off a plane and defending the airline's rights to deny people for any reason, then whining pretty dang hard when they told him he couldn't get on his connecting flight because his son was a nasty little lice-ridden goblin

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I understand that I should hate Tom Brady, but I just can't. He's so good, y'all, and I say this as a non-Pats fan. Sure he's shady, sure he loves Trump, sure he gets money he shouldn't be getting, but he's just so good at football that I can't really be mad.

But Clay Travis? Clay Travis is a motherfucker and a half.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/891001245095407616

Clay Travis is also Kaep People

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Clay Travis is dogshit in human form

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

this was probably already used but clay travis for making fun of the doctor who got dragged off a plane and defending the airline's rights to deny people for any reason, then whining pretty dang hard when they told him he couldn't get on his connecting flight because his son was a nasty little lice-ridden goblin

Ah, my poor Cavauro. That reason alone is not qualified, because it has nothing at all to do with football. One point.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Brady is a passive shithead whilst Clay Travis is very much an active shithead.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

too recent

quote:

Clay Travis is also Kaep People
counts. 3 points.

Hunt11 posted:

Brady is a passive shithead whilst Clay Travis is very much an active shithead.

being a shithead is football relevant. 3 points.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

then i change my vote to tom brady because he's too good at football

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Tom Brady gets under the table payments to keep his salary low. gently caress that guy.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Cavauro posted:

then i change my vote to tom brady because he's too good at football

Counts. 3 points.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Clay Travis uses football and sports talk generally as a pretext to normalize race hate and sexism, make rape jokes, and attack a guy who loved his dead grandmother. He is vile on a completely different level and represents everything wrong with America right now.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jul 29, 2017

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Mark Dav... I mean Tom Brady because he usurped someone who deserved to be here more than he did and I still don't care about hot take artists.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Clay Travis

I just recently learned he used to refer to himself C'lay (or something) because he didn't like how Black football players had cornered the market on names with apostrophes (or something like that). It's pure distilled douche.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I cannot vote for Tom Brady in good conscience. I visited his center last week. His miracle workers cured my lugubriousness and myopia. They also greatly eased my scrivener's palsy, and showed me how to protect myself against fan death. Also, they gave my thetans a fresh coat of wax. I decided to treat myself and upgrade to the Gold package. It includes these pills that will allow me to induce or cure homosexuality, so I can watch NFL games and have the exact right kind of impure thoughts I desire.

One vote for Mister Clay Travis, senator.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
It's ultimately a question of scale.

Clay Travis is pure distilled douche, but at the end of the day he really isn't important. He could be replaced with another talking head tomorrow and no one would care.

Tom Brady may very well retire as the most successful player in NFL history and yet he STILL whines about every little thing that doesn't go his way, flagrantly breaks and undermines the rules and sportsmanship of the game of football both on AND off the field, threw his wife under the bus in an attempt to deflect blame from himself, and is a giant picky baby about everything he eats.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
A hot take artist is a fine a dozen therefore I must vote for Tom Brady for feigning ignorance that he wants to hug and kiss Trump in addition to his Gweneth Paltrowing of the nfl with his marketing bullshit that takes money from dumb southies who should be spending it on their families

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Clay Travis

I just recently learned he used to refer to himself C'lay (or something) because he didn't like how Black football players had cornered the market on names with apostrophes (or something like that). It's pure distilled douche.

That was back in 2013 or something, as far as I can tell. 1 point vote.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
While Clay Travis is deserving he's nothing much special in the world of hot take artists where Whitlock is desperate to pickup Cosby's lost crown of dickbag racists use to prop up their shittery. Tom Brady has managed to become both a goat and the most wronged man in sports to not just his Stan's but in his own mind. The man is so clueless of why nobody tolerates him outside of a super bowl party that he has earned my vote.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
[b]Tom Brady[\b] for all the whining he does during games he's winning and in general, in spite of being one of, if not the most successful players of all time. He's the definition of bitch-made gently caress boi.

You can avoid hot take artists like Whitlock and Travis and I think a lot of folks here overstate their influence and reach.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Clay Travis. Brady is a douche sure but he doesn't try to incite hatred towards others which Travis does

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

You can avoid hot take artists like Whitlock and Travis and I think a lot of folks here overstate their influence and reach.

With the ratings they get, I imagine their reach and influence is pretty much confined to people who hate them and still pay attention for some reason.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

King Hong Kong posted:

With the ratings they get, I imagine their reach and influence is pretty much confined to people who hate them and still pay attention for some reason.

Hot take garbage is still a thriving industry last I looked so I'm skeptical of this take.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Hot take garbage is still a thriving industry last I looked so I'm skeptical of this take.

Aren't Travis and Whitlock both on FS1, which has absolute garbage ratings in general? Speak for Yourself has maybe 50,000 people who watch it. A guy eating hamburgers while wearing a suit with literally no editing gets better numbers on youtube.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Tom Brady, because honestly as loathsome a creature as Clay Travis is, I feel that any sort of award is just validating his existence. The worst thing we can do to him is ignore him. Also I've never even encountered a Clay Travis item or hot take outside this thread and I still am not entirely sure who he is besides "Terrible Sports Hot Take Pundit #9832".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Clay Travis is a more actively awful piece of poo poo. He's a hateful little gently caress and probably way worse of a person than Brady. He's also just the latest in a string of interchangeable conservative hot take machines. If Clay Travis were to drop dead on Sunday another shithead pundit would be there to take his place Monday morning. Tom Brady is the most successful football player ever. He is at this point, essentially the face of football in the 21st Century. He is the standard that players of the next generation will be held to. He will be the one young QBs will be told to emulate. He is the douchebag that kids will be told they should look up to. Clay Travis is a doucebag, but Tom Brady is a douchebag with actual influence.

• Locked thread