Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VogeGandire posted:

I'm hype as gently caress for this. I was skeptical of the new format when the WCW stuff started, but the new project will be amazing. Especially since, by their own admittance, they're funnier when they hate something, and there's a lot to hate about that.

Everyone's done December to Dismember though. Even the 10 Count. It's too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Just heard my first After Dark episode and Holy Shiiit the intro music rules.. anybody habe any idea what it is??

And am i missing something, on my beyondpod the newest OSW episode is episode 33 WcW Thunder.. part 2 of arquette trilogy?

And thirdly.. i hate that stone colds podcast feed does not work properly.. some episodes go to steve austin show (bryan, tough enough) and some go to unleashed (steen, corino) ... why not all interviews on one feed :(

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rarity posted:

we thought about doing it on EURORESU (I can't not write it and not put it in capitals), but shied away from it and instead made Raeg watch terrible wrestling which we get him to describe to us

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

VogeGandire posted:

I'm hype as gently caress for this. I was skeptical of the new format when the WCW stuff started, but the new project will be amazing. Especially since, by their own admittance, they're funnier when they hate something, and there's a lot to hate about that.
Though wasn't WWECW well liked after the first year when most of the ECW originals were gone and people realized that the show was just using ECW more for branding than anything?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

achillesforever6 posted:

Though wasn't WWECW well liked after the first year when most of the ECW originals were gone and people realized that the show was just using ECW more for branding than anything?

It was good after a few years, but 2007-mid 2008, it was loving awful.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

we thought about doing it on EURORESU (I can't not write it and not put it in capitals), but shied away from it and instead made Raeg watch terrible wrestling which we get him to describe to us

I decided to watch the episode of Hogan's Rock n' Wrestling that Raeg described and it's every bit as incomprehensible as listening to him describe it.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Perigryn posted:

OSW concludes the David Arquette Trilogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbAQxhJThY

Their next project: A four part saga covering WWECW

This is worth it if only for the history of the WCW title in 2000

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

THE 10 COUNT - MERRY CHRISTMAS!

or

THE 10 COUNT - KFG HAS GONE MISSING?

TOPICS

01.) Hunico is dreadful
02.) From kidcoelacanth: What are the best examples of: a) Good wrestler with terrible music; b) Terrible wrestler with great music?
03.) Chapter 1 of Big Apple Takedown!
04.) From Draga: What are some of the best comedy matches that you've seen?
05.) From NienNunb: What are the worst, least funny comedy matches you've ever seen?
06.) WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: BATISTA
07.) From Wazzu: Why do people still like Kane after all the goofy, terrible poo poo he's been involved in?
08.) From LividLiquid: How would the Monday Night Wars have been different if modern advances like smartphones and Twitter were around?
09.) From flashy mcflash: What's the best thing about hosses?
10.) From SK: Each one of us should say something nice about Tatanka

Merry Christmas ya'll.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Rarity posted:

Pisscast too. Everybody's had a go.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

HulkaMatt posted:

or

TOPICS

01.) Hunico is dreadful
02.) From kidcoelacanth: What are the best examples of: a) Good wrestler with terrible music; b) Terrible wrestler with great music?
05.) From NienNunb: What are the worst, least funny comedy matches you've ever seen?
07.) From Wazzu: Why do people still like Kane after all the goofy, terrible poo poo he's been involved in?
08.) From LividLiquid: How would the Monday Night Wars have been different if modern advances like smartphones and Twitter were around?

Merry Christmas ya'll.

Did you buy MRP the book?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jubs posted:

Did you buy MRP the book?

I will when he sends me his address.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Perigryn posted:

OSW concludes the David Arquette Trilogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbAQxhJThY

Their next project: A four part saga covering WWECW

David Arquette is a NEGRO

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The gently caress is the new intro on WOR? If it's replacing "howwwww's it going everybody" then it's bullshit. BULLSHIT.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

someone on the board made intros for pretty much all the main shows. I'm not really a fan.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

or

TOPICS

01.) Hunico is dreadful

Merry Christmas ya'll.

Gonna listen to this to see if I talk in my sleep or anything.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Punchsport Podcast: Who would win a battle royale between all of our beloved holiday personalities? (eg. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, etc.)

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
BIG SHOW IS SCHEDULED FOR TORONTO!

I WILL BET YOU TEN DOLLARS HE'LL BE ON RAW

BUT HE'S ON THE SCHEDULE FOR TORONTO

BUT DAVE

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm glad that OSWReview agree that Jeff Jarrett actually does own and Double-M-A was a loving amazing gimmick.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

My avatar is not a coelacanth, Goog.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Goog hooged MRT pretty hard in this episode.

I'm also in the "gently caress Batista/Orton at WM" camp.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VogeGandire posted:

I'm glad that OSWReview agree that Jeff Jarrett actually does own and Double-M-A was a loving amazing gimmick.

Jarrett is fine as long as I don't have to take him seriously. The King of Mexico and MMA enthusiast gimmicks are fun. Jarrett runs into trouble when he books himself like Memphis-era Jerry Lawler.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

kidcoelacanth posted:

My avatar is not a coelacanth, Goog.

Please change your name to kidaegagrus so it makes sense.

:v:It's a goat joke.:v:

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Next episode of attitude era podcast is currently being uploaded!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

THE CHRISTMAS SHOW IS OUT

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Vinny is drinking tequila and rum mixed with PINEAPPLE SODA

No wonder he got so hosed up

e: 90 minutes in is the happiest I have ever heard Bryan

ch3cooh fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Dec 25, 2013

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

I felt awful for Vinny by the 300th time that Bryan demanded he take another shot. It was like listening to a snuff film based around alcohol poisoning.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Reaverbot posted:

I felt awful for Vinny by the 300th time that Bryan demanded he take another shot. It was like listening to a snuff film based around alcohol poisoning.

pisscast supremacy

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was wondering how Missy Hyatt could be topped, but the main event topped it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Living my yearly tradition of listening to the B&V Christmas show after my wife goes to bed on Christmas eve.

Weird hearing Bryan and Brent make amends, sort of, after they haven't spoken since Summerslam. I was there that night. It's funny that they've never mentioned what really pissed Bryan off yet on air to date if I can recall.

Yes, he (Brent) and his lady had a big thing about Brent wanting to stay, but that part wasn't that bad. What was really bad is that Brent let Bryan's cat outside and it took him almost half an hour to get the cat back in. Half an hour DURING summerlsam.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
It's going to be so disappointing when Brent doesn't end up crashing Vinny's wedding.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

As far as I can tell, the dirty secret is that about half of the Brent stuff is worked-shoot kayfabe.

By this I mean that they say they'll never invite him anywhere, then they invite him out so they'll have great stories about him. Which are, in my personal experience, exaggerated. I saw the Summerslam incident, and it was practically nothing.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That Christmas show was amazing after the first half hour or so and Granny's choice of beverage had me laughing my rear end off

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

That Christmas show was amazing after the first half hour or so and Granny's choice of beverage had me laughing my rear end off
I didn't think anything could top Missy Hyatt's questions but I lost it when Granny said that.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

According to The Goog, Bryan actually pressured Vinny to drink 77 times.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
The whole Brent segment seemed really, really mean-spirited on the show. :( Aside from that, it was one of the better Christmas shows.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yeah the Brent segment was an ambush.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Capsaicin posted:

The whole Brent segment seemed really, really mean-spirited on the show. :( Aside from that, it was one of the better Christmas shows.

Brent is a zealous Ron Paul activist, he deserves to be treated badly.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
Granny's drink does not disappoint! Bud Light was too expensive!

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
My big takeaway from the B&V Christmas show is that Missy Hyatt probably listens to the Pisscast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha WWE told Dave that Bryan was welcome in the press seats for Mania 29 and Dave never told him

• Locked thread