Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Crotch Bat posted:

Also, does ???'s Best Friend scale with damage? I don't think it's considered a familiar so BFF doesn't affect it.

I've gotten BFF with ???'s Only Friend before and it definitely got bigger, so I assume it does more damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Slime posted:

Well the problem is that picking it up makes all the other special items more difficult to find. Meaning that soy milk is even more lovely.

I suspect it's partially because a lot of the special items + soy milk would be super bad. do you want a brimstone or moms knife with a super fast charge rate and no damage? Just think of soy milk + Dr fetus. Or don't, it's safer that way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I've had Soy Milk and Brimstone and it is utter garbage, though you could salvage it with Ludovico and the Mulligan/Guppy mode.

If Soy Milk interacted with Dr. Fetus by making you poo poo out a stream of tiny bombs that would be kind of funny, even if it would end up in your death 99/100 times.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

senae posted:

I suspect it's partially because a lot of the special items + soy milk would be super bad. do you want a brimstone or moms knife with a super fast charge rate and no damage?

Does it not do that with Brimstone? It does with Azazel, so I kind of assumed it would.

e: Oh or are you saying that it does do that by why would you want it?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I've had Soy Milk and Brimstone and it is utter garbage, though you could salvage it with Ludovico and the Mulligan/Guppy mode.

If Soy Milk interacted with Dr. Fetus by making you poo poo out a stream of tiny bombs that would be kind of funny, even if it would end up in your death 99/100 times.

It does with Ipecac from what I remember, so doing the same for Fetus would be incredible albeit terrifying.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Is there an online resource that lets you know what items you need to pick up to finish off platinum god? I know there was a save upload for the original that did something like that.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Atomicated posted:

Is there an online resource that lets you know what items you need to pick up to finish off platinum god? I know there was a save upload for the original that did something like that.

Platinum God :v:

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Atomicated posted:

Not really (afaik), but you could just check your collection page versus this one: http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Collection_Page. Just ignore Isaac's Heart, the Soul, the Body, the Mind, the D100, and Godhead.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Man, you know when you just feel like clearing every room in the Dark Room and Mega Satan without taking any damage? Well, with Sacred Heart, Death's Touch, Number One and Holy Mantle, you can too! (Beat the Boss Rush and visit Angel Rooms on every floor with Book of Belial)

H0X4
KH08

I think Judas is my favorite character. :allears:

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.
So I beat the chest with Lazarus, but I didn't get any credit or unlocks for it. Does dying with him gently caress him out of unlocks? Cause I did end up dying on the room before the boss chamber.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Lonely Rolling Star posted:

So I beat the chest with Lazarus, but I didn't get any credit or unlocks for it. Does dying with him gently caress him out of unlocks? Cause I did end up dying on the room before the boss chamber.

Have you already unlocked Store Credit with another character? If you die and come back with Lazarus's Rags, you count as Lazarus no matter who you started as.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Look at the bullshit that can arise thanks to unbombable shop/special room walls and a moon card.

Lonely Rolling Star
Mar 20, 2009

Better than a crowbar.

IMJack posted:

Have you already unlocked Store Credit with another character? If you die and come back with Lazarus's Rags, you count as Lazarus no matter who you started as.

Nope, still totally locked for me. Got credit for Isaac, so I'd assume that dying is what stopped me from unlocking anything.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Look at the bullshit that can arise thanks to unbombable shop/special room walls and a moon card.

This is still the worst thing about the last update.

Although to be honest your run was already over since you have the Guillotine, imo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Had this happen to me but thankfully I had a hermit card.

edit: or I found one in the secret room.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 22, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's amazing. :allears:

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal
And the Godhead unlock is mine! Boss rush was all that was left for me, and I spent a lot of time working on it until everything finally came together. First item room was Mom's Knife, and everything blossomed from there. Got a selection of damage increases, including Dark Matter and The Small Rock, only got the Dead Cat in the devil room before the boss rush (also turned me into Guppy). The real icing on the cake was getting Gnawed Leaf in the boss rush room, which I used to patiently deal with a lot of the bosses in there. Sacrificial Dagger was around for the bosses that charged at me, and the ones that ran about randomly like Larry Jr and The Hollow I carefully picked off. Longest phase was the War/Death part, spent a lot of time waiting for War to drop bombs on Death (didn't feel I could take chances with the scythes), but after Death released the horse it knocked War into its second phase and charged right at me. A long fight, but worth doing that way after all the failed attempts.

So, now just the fun of the HM unlocks for me, and of course finally finding all the items. RPG will soon be mine!!

NO BEN
Jul 27, 2007
I play this game on PC, and I use a PS3 controller. When I try to use the ps3 controller stock, the left stick doesn't register at all. I used BetterDS3 to emulate an xbox controller, and that plays the game just fine. However, if I'm moving frantically and click L3, it'll use my spacebar item. Does anyone know how I can either make the ps3 controller work on its own, or change the settings so I don't use items when I click in my left stick?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sometimes you have a The Lost run of your life where you breeze through boss rush (monstro's lung + proptosis + rubber cement + plenty of damage), then panic and die when It Lives makes its death attack circle

Oh well, just Sheol and Dark Room to go.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

The Bee posted:

It does with Ipecac from what I remember, so doing the same for Fetus would be incredible albeit terrifying.

I think I used a d4 to roll into a Dr fetus+pyromanic+soy milk+quad shot+brimstone or moms knife or something. I had super strong bombs that shot out really quick, 4 at a time, and killed most bosses immediately. They also exploded as soon as they hit anything else. Including the other bombs I shot at the same time they were usually already touching. I beat the chest by shooting bombs away from myself and trying to rocket just past enemies.

It was wonderful, but I have no idea what made them explode on contact (which would probably make Dr fetus a good item, actually).

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
Whoa-ha, ??? run where in an XL floor, I found both Dark Bum and Lil Brimstone. This might be my run!

The seed is P02Y 3NCG, if anyone's interested.

Edit: and of course I get the Haunt as the first boss and it smashes me. Urgh.

gamingCaffeinator fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Dec 23, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

senae posted:

It was wonderful, but I have no idea what made them explode on contact (which would probably make Dr fetus a good item, actually).

Ipecac + Dr. Fetus does this, and also makes you immune to your own bombs! :eng101:

I just had the most deadly run ever, at the end I was spewing a constant miasma of death across the entire room:

...and to top it off I also had Sad Bombs:

Pretty sure I am become death, destroyer of worlds :stonklol:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I just went 3 floors in a row without taking red heart damage and have gotten no devil/angel deals. What the christ could cause that?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

You aren't guaranteed to get one unless you have the Book of Belial/Goat Head. Not taking damage just increases the chance that you'll get one.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I thought it was (assuming no red heart damage on any floor) 100% chance for the 2nd floor, then -50% chance for every subsequent deal and reset for every floor you get no devil deal. So 50% chance on the 3rd floor, if you get the deal then 1% chance on the 4th floor. If you get no 3rd floor deal then 100% chance on the 4th floor.

At least that seems to be how it works, but maybe using forget me now can make the chances a little screwy.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Been lazy about playing this game. First trip to Sheol included a Curse of Darkness. I went from completely entirely full red health to dead. There was a Death fight in a room that basically had a circle of rocks that he kept floating back and forth over so I would get trapped on the wrong side and get scythed repeatedly while running into walls. The most frustrating bullshit is when the game stops you from playing the game.

gently caress Curse of Darkness.

EDIT: Also no devil deals showed up at all during the run, and my More Options item kept giving me a choice between a health up or a health up.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
What's a decent strategy for the beginning of the It Lives fight? Like. That fight is super easy, but the beginning bit where you have to deal with the eyeballs + the bullet hell poo poo means I always tank a hit. I'm usually fine for the rest of the fight, at least.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Kill all the eyes immideatly and then go to the left wall to dodge bullets. Thats how I do it at least.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Moving up and down a bit is usually enough to dodge the lasers while you're dealing with the eyes. Backing off towards the walls, but not touching either is a good idea for the bullets. Also, the boss's bullets will hurt any enemies they hit, so if you can't get a good angle on one of them but they're getting hit, just let them do the work for you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just strafe back and forth across the room until the eyes stop spawning. They're by far the most dangerous part of the fight so I'll use any special abilities I have to kill them off right away.

...unless Terratoma spawns. I can handle all the other spawns, but Terratoma flooding the room with spiders is a nightmare.

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Huh. I just beat It Lives and it only spawned the entrance to Cathedral. This is a Chest run, so that's good I guess, but that's never happened before. How odd.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I got Ipecac on the Dr. Fetus challenge. I forget what it's called, but it just starts you with Dr. Fetus.

A couple more damage ups, and I one-shot literally every boss. I no-hit the Boss Rush. :stare:

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Holy poo poo, I finally did the boss rush as Lost, unlocked the D100, the heart is racing, but where is Godhead?

I was playing on normal :suicide:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I've seen all you guys talking about using Monster Manual combos to infinitely try for a full Meat Boy/Bandage Girl, and I didn't really understand why til now. 3 of my last 5 runs I got a tier 3 Meat Boy and never had another Horseman show up :negative:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I think someone posted a seed search tool and I can't find it anymore. Was I just hallucinating?

edit: http://www.bindingofseeds.com/ not a hallucination

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 23, 2014

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
What the gently caress are these block spikes. Why the gently caress sometimes they don't trigger and sometimes they immediately trigger even though I walked through the same spot, even when your speed is pretty fukken high.

This game is too bullshit to play as the lost.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i had a terrible Lazarus run where I had the lowest possible damage and speed, the latter due to the Lard, I had minimum range, but Fear and Charm and Poison shot plus a ton of hearts. so I was a round fat ball with a goat head on, slugging my way across the room and surviving due only to my maxed out red hearts. I made it all the way to Mom, having picked up a Head of Krampus, with my second life still intact. I thought I would Krampus and plink away at what was left and if I hosed up real bad, my survivability would save me and I'd at least move on. too bad it was the red champion Mom instead and she dodged 95% of the Krampus beam with her instant foot lift. I was fighting her forever but she won the war of attrition because my 1 damage wasn't enough and I did a bad job dodging

I loving hate Lazarus.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

I just strafe back and forth across the room until the eyes stop spawning. They're by far the most dangerous part of the fight so I'll use any special abilities I have to kill them off right away.

...unless Terratoma spawns. I can handle all the other spawns, but Terratoma flooding the room with spiders is a nightmare.

I,ve never had Terratoma last more than a couple seconds with the amount of bullets flying around but I feel like It Lives rarely lasts long enough to spawn it.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Aye Doc posted:

i had a terrible Lazarus run where I had the lowest possible damage and speed, the latter due to the Lard, I had minimum range, but Fear and Charm and Poison shot plus a ton of hearts. so I was a round fat ball with a goat head on, slugging my way across the room and surviving due only to my maxed out red hearts. I made it all the way to Mom, having picked up a Head of Krampus, with my second life still intact. I thought I would Krampus and plink away at what was left and if I hosed up real bad, my survivability would save me and I'd at least move on. too bad it was the red champion Mom instead and she dodged 95% of the Krampus beam with her instant foot lift. I was fighting her forever but she won the war of attrition because my 1 damage wasn't enough and I did a bad job dodging

I loving hate Lazarus.

If it'll give you minimum speed, imo Lard isn't worth the extra heart containers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I just found out Loki's Horns will proc both effects from Technology 2 and a tear upgrade like Fire Mind. Simultaneously if your tear speed is fast enough :dance: