Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

X_ThePerfect posted:

I restarted this game - having not played for a really long time. I've been through the OP and added myself to the spreadsheet, but am still a bit clueless. Is it worth splurging all my crystals on arena for an initial boost? Looking at the rankings for my shard, the top 50 includes some really weak teams so I should be able to get there easily enough if I had more opportunities.

Are there any spaces in goon guilds? Although I appreciate I probably can't contribute anything at this point!

Join up on Discord, the link is in the spreadsheet. There's one other guy on the waitlist right now (Omar_Comin) and next up should be you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

X_ThePerfect posted:

I restarted this game - having not played for a really long time. I've been through the OP and added myself to the spreadsheet, but am still a bit clueless. Is it worth splurging all my crystals on arena for an initial boost? Looking at the rankings for my shard, the top 50 includes some really weak teams so I should be able to get there easily enough if I had more opportunities.

Are there any spaces in goon guilds? Although I appreciate I probably can't contribute anything at this point!

The biggest advice for any restarts is start a new game. Unless you have some weird inactive shard chances are you are hopelessly behind your arena meta, which is the best source of crysyal income.

Like, it doesn't matter if you were level 85. Your peers have most likely lapped you by now and a fresh start is the best way to be competitive

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

X_ThePerfect posted:

depending on where you are, you might be better off starting fresh rather than using an old account. you'll be impossibly far behind in the arena otherwise, unless you never unlocked arena previously

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cactus posted:

Why what's up with it? (other than stage 4 being hard as balls)

Doesn't matter. I've had enough. I'm fed up with having to grind for months to get to the actual playable content.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Nipponophile posted:

Doesn't matter. I've had enough. I'm fed up with having to grind for months to get to the actual playable content.

Sorry to see you go man, but there's no point playing if it's pissing you off.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nipponophile posted:

It's a lovely stupid game. I realized if I don't give a gently caress it's kind of fun

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
SWGOH frustration of the day: Killed all of Thrawn's dudes and it was down to Thrawn vs Ezra, Zeb, and Kanan. All three almost full health. I still don't have 7* Thrawn.

I guess I don't understand his mechanics. It looks like he gets a turn immediately after stun wears off. Which means stun is worthless.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Yeah I'm not sweating Thrawn this time around, I'll wait until next time when hopefully Phoenix are all at g11 or something. Right now at g8/g9 it's not even fair.

Got my squad ready for CLS, now I need to get the vet smugglers up for Rey's journey.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mdemone posted:

Yeah I'm not sweating Thrawn this time around, I'll wait until next time when hopefully Phoenix are all at g11 or something. Right now at g8/g9 it's not even fair.

Got my squad ready for CLS, now I need to get the vet smugglers up for Rey's journey.

I think we're all going to miss the first Rey's journey.

Putting both Vet smugglers on 16-cost Cantina was a dick move.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Some guy calculated that if you use all cantina energy from now on on Vet Han and Chewie, and get 1/3 drop rate exactly, and buy their shards from shipments, it will cost you ~13500 crystals to get them to 7*. Atm you can buy ~19k crystals for $100, so if Jedi Rey is worth ~$65 to you go for it.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

No. Not this time.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

Some guy calculated that if you use all cantina energy from now on on Vet Han and Chewie, and get 1/3 drop rate exactly, and buy their shards from shipments, it will cost you ~13500 crystals to get them to 7*. Atm you can buy ~19k crystals for $100, so if Jedi Rey is worth ~$65 to you go for it.

Don’t forget that a good arena/fleet ranking will give you 5-900 crystals per day though. So, 2-5 weeks of crystals. The million dollar question is when is the event and is there enough time for that daily income to be sufficient.

Eques
Jun 11, 2001
And for all we know right now both veterans at 7* still won't help you if you don't also have a 6* Falcon ready to go for the penultimate stage.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Could someone have a look at my roster and give me some input on

A. A better squad arena team

B. Better teams for Rancor and (h)AAT

Currently my SA team is
Palpie (L), Thrawn, TFP, Obi1, R2D2.
My SA meta is a lot of Wiggs/leia/lando/obi1 and similar teams. Not a lot of whales except at the very top.

For the raids i use my Phoenix Squad (Ezra, Chopper, not Sabine) and Palpie(L), TFP, Thrawn, StT, GMT.
On rancor i can get about 1,4m points, on AAT its about the same if i am able to get both my teams in on both days.

I have a TON of cantina credits, GW tokens and SA tokens so i am willing to farm up some other heroes as i don't have any particular farm goals atm (I feel ready for CLS and BB8, Jedi Rey is probably not happening but am spending cantina energy on Veterans for the time being anyways)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Do we have actual confirmation of the required characters/ships for Rey's journey? Or are we just guessing based on the general creep of these chained character special events?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Could someone have a look at my roster and give me some input on

A. A better squad arena team

B. Better teams for Rancor and (h)AAT

Currently my SA team is
Palpie (L), Thrawn, TFP, Obi1, R2D2.
My SA meta is a lot of Wiggs/leia/lando/obi1 and similar teams. Not a lot of whales except at the very top.

For the raids i use my Phoenix Squad (Ezra, Chopper, not Sabine) and Palpie(L), TFP, Thrawn, StT, GMT.
On rancor i can get about 1,4m points, on AAT its about the same if i am able to get both my teams in on both days.

I have a TON of cantina credits, GW tokens and SA tokens so i am willing to farm up some other heroes as i don't have any particular farm goals atm (I feel ready for CLS and BB8, Jedi Rey is probably not happening but am spending cantina energy on Veterans for the time being anyways)

You don't really have any of the good arean leaders.

Focus on establishing Wedge/Rex for the time being.

Wiggs/Chaze/R2 would be pretty alright.

Rex/Thrawn/R2 +2 would be alright.

mdemone posted:

Do we have actual confirmation of the required characters/ships for Rey's journey? Or are we just guessing based on the general creep of these chained character special events?

We won't know until the event is upon us, just like last time. But... we're pretty certain it'll require AT LEAST Vet smuggler Chewie/Han. The only real question is whether they gently caress us by requiring a 7* Millenium Falcon.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

It will take fifteen pointlessly rushed grinds and an ugnaut and special Google Play card reward Porg. Because we need to make BF2 profit elsewhere!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
6* falcon seems so spot on. Just enough to be surprising after the fake vetbros leak.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

Focus on establishing Wedge/Rex for the time being.

Wiggs/Chaze/R2 would be pretty alright.

Rex/Thrawn/R2 +2 would be alright.

We won't know until the event is upon us, just like last time. But... we're pretty certain it'll require AT LEAST Vet smuggler Chewie/Han. The only real question is whether they gently caress us by requiring a 7* Millenium Falcon.

Has there been any word on a return of the BB8 event? Have a feeling he will be required.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Has there been any word on a return of the BB8 event? Have a feeling he will be required.

If he's required, he'll be back beforehand.

They did a surprise, way way way out of sequence R2 just before CLS for similar reasons.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Well apparently I even suck at quitting.

Cactus, can I get an invite back to the guild? The only thing slower than progression in this game is progression in this game without guild currency.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Nipponophile posted:

Cactus, can I get an invite back to the guild? The only thing slower than progression in this game is progression in this game without guild currency.

Qgj?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

I think we've got room in the all-goon guilds, bro.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I'm not picky. My ally code is 144-332-691.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Nipponophile posted:

I'm not picky. My ally code is 144-332-691.

I just sent you an invite to QGJ. Get in discord my friend.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I got the invite, thanks.

It's not letting me join the current TB since it's already in progress, so you guys will miss out on my several dozen points of contributions.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Nipponophile posted:

I got the invite, thanks.

It's not letting me join the current TB since it's already in progress, so you guys will miss out on my several dozen points of contributions.

You don't want to join this TB, it's a shitshow

Omar_Comin
Aug 20, 2004
Dark Jedi Carebear

wisdomHNOX posted:

I just sent you an invite to QGJ. Get in discord my friend.

Ally Code in case another slot opens up again, 448-488-956.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I think we've a couple of spots open but looks like you found a home, best of luck!

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Omar_Comin posted:

Ally Code in case another slot opens up again, 448-488-956.

I’m sorry about this Omar! I thought the back list was all in.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Seven-starred that blue mother fucker. Pure luck

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Mister Blueberry posted:

You don't want to join this TB, it's a shitshow

I think I missed a phase and I'm not even buggin'.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I don't have them as in they are not arena ready or i don't have them at all? Who are the good arena leaders?
My Rex is nearly 7* and i am OK with gearing him up. I don't really like Wiggs but have to admit that getting Wedge up to scratch is probably more useful since he can also be used for TB and what not (my Biggs is GL10 and 7*)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

I don't have them as in they are not arena ready or i don't have them at all? Who are the good arena leaders?
My Rex is nearly 7* and i am OK with gearing him up. I don't really like Wiggs but have to admit that getting Wedge up to scratch is probably more useful since he can also be used for TB and what not (my Biggs is GL10 and 7*)

Yes, I was saying wedge/rex are good arena leaders and you should focus one.

Old Ben might be okay for now.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"The message is undeniable: even if a baby says he wants to be a boss, he really wants to be a baby. We should not let bosses be babies, because they are babies. All other films hoping to become the official cinematic standard bearer of the resistance should take a seat. Boss Baby is the most damning political narrative of 2017."
- Emily Yoshida, Vulture

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Territory Battles are we're I go for all my Boss Baby related news

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Am I crazy unlucky or have they stopped putting gold components in shipments (implant, data-pad, medpac etc). There's tons of salvage (challenge loot) and full pieces but none of the old '25 components for 500 crystals' bro-deals that I used to rely on to get people to T11.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

I've bought a couple of the 25-piece ones for implants recently, so they're definitely still in there. Guess you must just be having bad luck recently.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ineptitude posted:

The clearest path I can see for you for a better arena squad might be Wiggs/R2/Leia/OB with Wedge leading. You can probably do well with them.

You're not all that far off from having the characters for some of the more commonly used teams in arena:

https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Something Maulful goons, here's our strategy for Territory Wars:

1. Deploy around 4 teams of varying strength to 4 different territories, and one fleet (ships are the back two on the top row).
2. Hold back your resistance team, phoenix team (because these teams tend to do better on offense), and your arena team
3. Tomorrow, when the fight starts, try to select matches where you you believe you will have close wins. Any given offense team only fights once, so there's no need to set up a match where you crush the enemy team while taking no damage.
4. Similarly, don't start a fight where you're going to be crushed without getting at least one kill, because defending teams work like GW, where they keep damage but also keep turn meter.
5. This is a learning experience for everyone, don't get too worked up about it.